HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Benning Wonít Rule Out Upgrade in Goal

Old
05-31-2014, 10:45 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 5013
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
I could see him making a strong play for Hiller. Then go with a Hiller/Lack tandem--a 1a/1b type setup in the pipes.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 10:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
This is a year where the Canucks must go throw some growing pains

If they can sign a goalie then go for it

Vancouver is not in a position where they should be trading assets for netminding
how much growing pains can they endour with the Sedins turning 34?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 11:13 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Faulker View Post
Cam Ward needs a new home. I think he still has something left in the tank and could be a solid starter after a fresh start.

Cam Ward 25% retained for a pick or prospect?
Can people stop pitching their buyout candidate goal tenders on this thread please ?

Pavelec, Ward, Flury... geez

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 11:15 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post

Daniel Alfredson got 40 goals and 50 assists when he was 34.

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 11:19 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

C'mon hf, get your stories straight. Before we traded Lu and Schneids, Lu was a negative value backup and Schneids was nothing but an unproven backup posing as a starter.

But now that they're gone, we're screwed?

Lack was better than Schneids in the AHL. We ran Lack into the ground last season giving him 19 straight starts as a rookie. That's amazingly dumb of Torts but the order came from down high to make the playoffs at whatever cost...so we rode him like a rented mule. He'll be fine, and we'll be fine, this season with proper game management.

Last edited by Samzilla: 05-31-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:10 AM
rypper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
C'mon hf, get your stories straight. Before we traded Lu and Schneids, Lu was a negative value backup and Schneids was nothing but an unproven backup posing as a starter.

But now that they're gone, we're screwed?

Lack was better than Schneids in the AHL. We ran Lack into the ground last season giving him 19 straight starts as a rookie. That's amazingly dumb of Torts but the order came from down high to make the playoffs at whatever cost...so we rode him like a rented mule. He'll be fine, and we'll be fine, this season with proper game management.
Thank you. It's posters like you and lundface who are able to verbalize what I'm thinking.

There are a lot of extenuating circumstances here that the casual fan wouldn't be aware of just looking at stat lines etc.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
Huh? Canucks aren't going anywhere this year with Lack or even Ryan Miller, the core is stale you're kidding yourself if you think they'll be looking to contend next season.

OP Genasis: have you guys thought people are starting to get tired of Team Curl's antics? 21:56

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Miller or Hiller are probably the best options via UFA

Given that it seems Anaheim and San Jose say they don't have interest in Miller, Vancouver might be an attractive option for his wife.
It is like Hollywood North, she can act in the Ron McLean story.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:33 AM
SvenBartschi27

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

I'm wondering who will be the bidders for Miller. He'd reportedly be interested in Anaheim, but I can't see them making a big commitment with Gibson in the wings.
Miller will be a Shark. I can also see the Pens adding him, not sure about their cap situation though

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 03:19 AM
skyo
CanucksCorner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Not a popular choice but what about cam ward? Maybe a change of scenary could help him turn things around
how's his health these days?

skyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 04:03 AM
5cheifele5
JetsPlayoffs

Lack for Pavelec

5cheifele5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
The trade didnt need to happen?

Did you miss Luongo going to the media and asking for trade after Schneider played 3 games in the playoffs?
Diva wanted out, the only reason he didn't get out is===> no one wanted him.

The second Florida was stupid enough to offer any value for him was the second he was gone. Even if you think this was all because of the Heritage Classic game, and wasn't from him demanding to leave (only to Florida at that), his play leading up to that game was piss poor. He was an absolute disaster leading up to the Olympics,
Correction - No one wanted Lu's contract. If he had a different one (not so long), he would have easily been traded.

And guess what happened after game 3? Look, I fully understand him asking for a trade after CS starting over him in the playoffs. But that was then... after which Schneider got traded, and Luongo had the crease back.

As for his play leading up to that game, sure it wasn't his best... but overall he's still a damn good goalie, and even just looking at his time in Vancouver, he still had better numbers than Lack. But regardless of his play, the winter classic is 1 regular season game... so 2 points. But for the experience, it's a massive regular season game, and for what he'd done for that team, he earned getting that start, and basically Torts ****ed him. If had hadn't asked to be moved before that, he sure as **** would have asked for one afterwards. And rightfully so. Look at what NJ did for Brodeur when they played in the WC. Coach said straight up... CS you're playing better, but Marty's earned this.

Oh and Vancouver didn't get value. They still have to deal with the recapture penalty, and are retaining salary. And for that, they got a young goalie who can't go to the minors (would never clear) and will cost them money... yet who's still struggling, and a 3rd/4th line forward. All they did was move the contract... and now they still apparently need to find goaltending help.

06-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Regal

I have zero issues with going into next year with Lack/Markstrom and I hope Benning doesn't throw money at a UFA, particularly a big deal to Miller. Ideally we would have kept Luongo for at least another season to see if Lack was fully ready, similar to what happened to Schneider, but too late now. The team isn't a contender anymore, and while I think they can make the playoffs with a Sedin rebound and a pre-Luongo trade goaltending performance from Lack, if the goalies struggle and the team ends up with another high pick, so be it. I would rather do that and see what we really have in Lack and potentially get another top pick than spend big on a guy who helps get the team to the playoffs now while blocking Lack and Markstrom further and taking up cap down the road.

Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 05:05 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
It's Riemer time in Vancouver, let's go!!
God help us.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Yossarian54

Really he shouldn't unless one of Markstrom or Lack completely tanks halfway through the season. This year should be a year for us to get games into young players, goalies especially. Hell i'd prefer them to give Cannata or Eriksson a few games.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 06:14 AM
DrChill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Really he shouldn't unless one of Markstrom or Lack completely tanks halfway through the season. This year should be a year for us to get games into young players, goalies especially. Hell i'd prefer them to give Cannata or Eriksson a few games.
Especially if we trade Kesler and/or Dman for futures ...

2015 has a nice draft class, worst thing to happen is we draft a good player....

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 09:39 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

06-01-2014, 09:56 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

Jonas Hiller is who I would try to get.

06-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Love

No interest in picking up another goalie from this Cancuks fan. Lack is better than enyone else available and Markstrom has too much potential to not give him a chance.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

I'm curious, I wonder if Benning in Vancouver makes it so Boston-Van make some trades. Or is the world not ready for that yet? Lol. Obv I don't see a goalie being traded between the two but maybe Edler to Boston or something at least gets talked about

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 05:34 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC Davos View Post

Daniel Alfredson got 40 goals and 50 assists when he was 34.
center Spezza and Heatley on the wing-- to put it in context--those two were also at the top of their game-- Alfi--Spezza-heatley was one of the best in hockey

to be fair it was 49 assists

and most sens fans believe that that was his last realy good year before he started his decline

again for perspective

Last edited by jumptheshark: 06-02-2014 at 05:41 AM.
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote