HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Offseason Acquisitions II

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2014, 06:22 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
If it means driving the price up for a team like Pittsburgh, then I'm all for being "heavily interested". Although Kesler does nothing to improve our team and goes against everything Hextall mentioned when he became GM.

Ryan Kesler to Philly makes about as much sense as Carey Price being traded to Boston to be the backup to Tuukka Rask.
Yea, cuz a top line LW isn't a need or anything, especially one that has a 40 goal season under his belt. I realize he's a couple years removed from that season, but put in a scoring role he would excel. And he's a perrenial Selke candidate to boot. No room in our lineup for that.

Old
06-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Philly and Anaheim have the most interest according to TSN Insider trading, are you guys sure you know what you're talking about...
Yup.

I'll break it down.

It's like if players are crayons

and Kesler is a green crayon

and the Flyers have roughly 600 shades of green

and to get Kesler they need to give up red, yellow, purple, and blue

but we're trying to color a picture of a ****ing rainbow

RAINBOWS AREN'T ALL GREEN

Old
06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Yea, cuz a top line LW isn't a need or anything, especially one that has a 40 goal season under his belt. I realize he's a couple years removed from that season, but put in a scoring role he would excel. And he's a perrenial Selke candidate to boot. No room in our lineup for that.
Has Kesler EVER played LW? I know he has played Center and RW, but I don't recall him EVER playing LW, so not really sure where your coming up with this "top line LW" ********

Edit: If we're going the "trade for a center and convert him to be our top line LW" approach, I think I might prefer Pavelski.

Edit2: If the price is not that high, like Brayden + something, then I'd probably be all for trading for Kesler. I don't however, see that happening.

Old
06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Not if we actually want to win games. Believe it or not, he wouldn't be free and we don't have enough extra stuff to throw at Vancouver to get him without doing more harm than good.

Refer to my previous post to see why you're wrong.

Old
06-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

It all matters about dat price. Kesler and couts would look lovely against Malkin and Crosby

Old
06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 1556
as an oiler fan (Feel free to hurl stuff at me for the cup defeats in the 80's) what would be the asking price for both Schenn's? Before Homer got sacked --sorry moved up stairs--I had it from a good source he was looking at building s deal around Eberle to the Flyers--without shooting for the moon ie saying B Schenn is worth the 3rd overall pick (schenn's do not get you the third alone at this point in time)--are the oilers and flyers good trading partners--oilers need a center and it seems to me the Flyers have a pile lurking on different lines?

Or is the game plan to trade Vinny L to Nashville or to buy him out to clear up the clutter on the third line and at center?

I do not know how happy the flyers are with their D--but the oilers have two D-men in Petry and Schultz and I am convinced one will get moved

IF the Oilers offered Schultz and Eberle if that deal interested the Flyers what would you guys offer

06-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
as an oiler fan (Feel free to hurl stuff at me for the cup defeats in the 80's) what would be the asking price for both Schenn's? Before Homer got sacked --sorry moved up stairs--I had it from a good source he was looking at building s deal around Eberle to the Flyers--without shooting for the moon ie saying B Schenn is worth the 3rd overall pick (schenn's do not get you the third alone at this point in time)--are the oilers and flyers good trading partners--oilers need a center and it seems to me the Flyers have a pile lurking on different lines?

Or is the game plan to trade Vinny L to Nashville or to buy him out to clear up the clutter on the third line and at center?

I do not know how happy the flyers are with their D--but the oilers have two D-men in Petry and Schultz and I am convinced one will get moved

IF the Oilers offered Schultz and Eberle if that deal interested the Flyers what would you guys offer
Are you suggesting Schenn x2 for a Eberle and Schultz? I would do that deal.

Move Simmonds to LW.

Old
06-06-2014, 10:49 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Are you suggesting Schenn x2 for a Eberle and Schultz? I would do that deal.

Move Simmonds to LW.
without sounding like too much of a homer (sic)

I think Eberle and B Schenn are a push--but Schultz is better then L Schenn and I think oilers would ask for something additional (no offence intended)

Old
06-06-2014, 11:29 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
You mean this?

http://www.tsn.ca/VideoHub/?collection=72&show=377352

"It's believed he still has six teams on his list...and we think that Philadelphia and Anaheim are among those"

That's a far cry from the Flyers having the most interest......or any interest.
Video also mentions Jiri Sekac has offers from 12 NHL teams.

Old
06-06-2014, 11:44 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Kesler would give this team three good lines that can match up against any line put against them. Vinny and Schenn were both disappointments playing against weaker competition on that second line at center. Kesler would take advantage of the situation. I am just worried that if the Flyers trade for him he will bring his constant diving and flopping around over.

Old
06-06-2014, 11:53 PM
kyuss

I'd be more worried about the players we'd have to give up to get him.

Old
06-07-2014, 12:04 AM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss View Post
I'd be more worried about the players we'd have to give up to get him.
pretty much this. Sure I would love to have him on this team but at what cost? probably a safe bet there will be a ton of interest in the guy.
What are the Flyers giving up? probably a safe bet the Schenns would be involved. If Kimmo retires do you still do the deal? I don't know.

Old
06-07-2014, 06:53 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

What do you guys think Patrick Marleau would fetch?
If the sharks are 'rebuidling' I would like to see someone with his shot and ability on Roo's left side.

Marleau-Roo-Voracek
Hartnell -Schenn -Simmonds
if he could stay out of the box Downie - Coots - Read
4th line

Old
06-07-2014, 06:57 AM
The Rage Kage

A 30+ goal scorer could make giroux a 90-100 point player, that is what we need on left wing, the only problem is that would cost us a lot to get. If hextall can work some magic, maybe use his goalie stick to negotiate, maybe we can have a 30 goal scorer for giroux next season.

Old
06-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
without sounding like too much of a homer (sic)

I think Eberle and B Schenn are a push--but Schultz is better then L Schenn and I think oilers would ask for something additional (no offence intended)
I really like Eberle, and his skill+speed would do wonders for this Flyers lineup. Everyone questions that team and their ability to play defense though. Eberle would need to be on the left side of Giroux and Voracek.

If Edmonton fans were willing, I might pull the trigger on a B. Schenn+ L. Schenn+2nd rounder for Eberle and J Schultz. I don't know if I would pull the trigger on the 1st rounder though.

06-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Why would you do that? Put Schenn in that spot and he's scoring 30+ goals anyway.

Old
06-07-2014, 08:00 AM
TheKingPin

I'm just happy we are not blowing things up like several teams are at least rumored to. It's been shown that teams need to stay together to win and that this process is a slow one that picks up speed at the end. No big moves unless it is very reasonable. We need to continue to build prospects so when we are close we can trade off some for bigger role players like LA with carter and Richie. Can you imagine being in the spot to trade guys like schenn simmer and Johnson? You need to have people in the pipeline for that. That will take a few years of great drafting for us to get.

But the sharks trying to blow everything up? I get they lost a series being up 3-0 but that may mean adding another piece not trading your top line away. Especially considering you lost to the kings who are going to win the cup.

Old
06-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Why would you do that? Put Schenn in that spot and he's scoring 30+ goals anyway.
We have seen Schenn plays much better at the center position. I am a fan of his but Eberle is already proven to be a 65+ point player and is young as well. He still lines up with the core of the Flyers. Losing Schenn would hurt but you disregarded the other part of the trade. J. Schultz still needs a lot of work in his defensive game but pair him with Coburn and we could have a serviceable top pairing. We know the Flyers were interested in him when he was a free agent as well.

I would test the market first and see what other deals are out there. The value isn't bad though.

I wouldn't do anything until Ryan O'Reilly situation is handled. He is someone am I very willing to move B Schenn++ for. Luke Schenn can be part of that deal as well. They do need established defenders.

Last edited by Prongo: 06-07-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old
06-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
We have seen Schenn plays much better at the center position. I am a fan of his but Eberle is already proven to be a 65+ point player and is young as well. He still lines up with the core of the Flyers. Losing Schenn would hurt but you disregarded the other part of the trade. J. Schultz still needs a lot of work in his defensive game but pair him with Coburn and we could have a serviceable top pairing. We know the Flyers were interested in him when he was a free agent as well.

I would test the market first and see what other deals are out there. The value isn't bad though.

I wouldn't do anything until Ryan O'Reilly situation is handled. He is someone am I very willing to move B Schenn++ for. Luke Schenn can be part of that deal as well. They do need established defenders.
You can't say Schenns better at center when the only time he's been tried at wing was with ****ing VL... I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Schenn hit 30+goals and 60+ points if he's with Giroux and Voracek. Until he's tried in that spot for more than one period at a time I'm against trading him.

Old
06-07-2014, 09:02 AM
The Rage Kage

He makes his best plays from the right side, voracek obviously plays best on the right side, I doubt schenn gets moved too wing, and if he can't, then he'll likely be moved. We have giroux, couts, schenn, and Laughton down the middle, and I dont want, and doubts that any of them will be on the fourth line in the future. Someone will have to go to wing, or someone will be moved.

Old
06-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post

We've barely seen Schenn at wing.

06-07-2014, 09:54 AM
renberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
We've barely seen Schenn at wing.
TPTB must have seen it in practices over his time here and decided that he's a C. There had to be some logic in signing Vinny and then moving him to the wing which he did not want to do in order to keep Schenn at C. It could also be that Schenn's concussion history makes the Flyers want to play him in other places than the corners.

Old
06-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Funf

Apparently Boston is shopping Marchand. We should trade for him and Kesler and watch the NHL implode.

2nd line of Hartnell - Kesler - Marchand.

Old
06-07-2014, 12:23 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
Apparently Boston is shopping Marchand. We should trade for him and Kesler and watch the NHL implode.

Edmonton makes so much sense as a landing spot for Marchand. they don't have any of what he brings in that lineup. Doubt they take salary back or much of it. they are up against the cap like the Flyers are.

Old
06-07-2014, 04:00 PM
beetee15
Long Island Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post

Most hated line in NHL history.

Closed Thread