HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Offseason Acquisitions II

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2014, 05:50 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage Kage View Post
And how does getting Richards match what hextall said in saying he wants to stay young right now?
If Hartnell and/or Vinny are gone, why not? Dude would be fine as a bottom 6 forward to improve play down there. And the guy is still a great leader.

Old
06-04-2014, 05:55 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Have you watched Richards much this year? He is not a top 6 option anymore

He would be better slotted in Vinny's #4 spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Its true. Richards has no impact on the game whatsoever. I would rather play a young guy who is cheaper and has a better future.
Nostalgia > Reality. We saw the same thing with Gagne on here. I liked Richards when he was here but the dude is shot out, I rather let someone else take on that problem.

Old
06-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Nostalgia > Reality. We saw the same thing with Gagne on here. I liked Richards when he was here but the dude is shot out, I rather let someone else take on that problem.
The Gagne talk last summer was just unbearable. I'm dreading the nostalgia Mike Richards stuff. People already want to pay him and are cool with him being in the bottom 6. Umm, what?!?! That sounds like an especially awesome way to build a team.

edit: Oh by the way, we have a very similar player to Richards about to break on to the team. He seems like a totally forgotten commodity for some reason. People around here seem like they couldn't give two ***** Scott Laughton is coming.

Last edited by Stizzle: 06-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old
06-04-2014, 06:08 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
The Gagne talk last summer was just unbearable. I'm dreading the nostalgia Mike Richards stuff. People already want to pay him and are cool with him being in the bottom 6. Umm, what?!?! That sounds like an especially awesome way to build a team.
To be fair, I don't think wanting Gagne back was the bad. Gagne got a lot of hate last year for being a shell of his former self offensively, yet people (including myself) ate up Raffl and his limited offensive ability.

No to Mike Richards though. Just let Laughton play.

Old
06-04-2014, 06:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
To be fair, I don't think wanting Gagne back was the bad. Gagne got a lot of hate last year for being a shell of his former self offensively, yet people (including myself) ate up Raffl and his limited offensive ability.
Raffl's inability to finish was very frustrating but unlike Gagne he wasn't a soft perimeter player.

Old
06-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post

No to Mike Richards though. Just let Laughton play.
2014 Raffl >>> 2014 Gagne

Old
06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Raffl's inability to finish was very frustrating but unlike Gagne he wasn't a soft perimeter player.
Also, anyone saw Gagne skate with Giroux and Voracek knows Gagne could't finish anymore either. Gagne was good at nothing at the end.

Old
06-04-2014, 06:59 PM
hockeyfreak7

Regarding Richards, no one is forgetting about Laughton. We're just saying that BSchenn will (should) be a winger moving forward, and that means we need to fill the 4C hole if you're optimistic and think Laughton can be a 3C right away.

But I say take the slow route with Laughton. Let him play a year as the 4C (hopefully giving us a strong fourth line for once), and maybe bring in Richards to play 3C for a little bit. He still put up 41 points this year. He's not totally useless, and he further aids our goal to alleviate some of the defensive pressure off of Couturier.

For three years at 3.5m, I don't see a problem (assuming Lecavalier is gone, of course).

Old
06-04-2014, 07:35 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Regarding Richards, no one is forgetting about Laughton. We're just saying that BSchenn will (should) be a winger moving forward, and that means we need to fill the 4C hole if you're optimistic and think Laughton can be a 3C right away.

But I say take the slow route with Laughton. Let him play a year as the 4C (hopefully giving us a strong fourth line for once), and maybe bring in Richards to play 3C for a little bit. He still put up 41 points this year. He's not totally useless, and he further aids our goal to alleviate some of the defensive pressure off of Couturier.

For three years at 3.5m, I don't see a problem (assuming Lecavalier is gone, of course).
EXACTLY, people make him out to be as bad as rinaldo, i for one would love to have him back and play the third line and move up coots and move schenn to wing or trade him for a winger if he can't convert

Old
06-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
That's where you and I disagree then. Just sign Rasmussen for a million.

Old
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
That's where you and I disagree then. Just sign Rasmussen for a million.
Why not both? We need a bottom six center and a fourth line winger.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Akeson-Couturier-Read
Hartnell-Richards-Simmonds
Rasmussen-Laughton-Raffl

Old
06-04-2014, 08:03 PM
kelmitchell

Quote:

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Akeson-Couturier-Read
Hartnell-Richards-Simmonds
Rasmussen-Laughton-Raffl
i think id switch hartnell and akeson

Old
06-04-2014, 08:48 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Why is every so quick to pencil this Rasmussen guy into the line-up?

We got lucky with Raffl, so you all think it will happen with him too?

Old
06-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Because even at your idea of 3 years at 3.5m is too much of a commitment for a guy who would be destined to be our 4th line C by year 2. I have to think he gets a longer term offer by someone on the open market anyway.

Old
06-04-2014, 09:06 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

I use Rasmussen as a placeholder. He may or may not be an NHLer, but either way, we need a fourth line winger. Rasmussen, Fiddler, Winnik, whoever...

Quote:
Because even at your idea of 3 years at 3.5m is too much of a commitment for a guy who would be destined to be our 4th line C by year 2. I have to think he gets a longer term offer by someone on the open market anyway.
Fair enough. I think he could be a third line winger, too, if we needed.

EDIT: Also, if we got him back, we could say we only traded Carter for Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn, and picks.

Last edited by hockeyfreak7: 06-04-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old
06-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
I use Rasmussen as a placeholder. He may or may not be an NHLer, but either way, we need a fourth line winger. Rasmussen, Fiddler, Winnik, whoever...

EDIT: Also, if we got him back, we could say we only traded Carter for Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn, and picks.
Doesn't matter, there'd still be idiots who say we lost that trade because Carter won a cup...

Old
06-04-2014, 11:43 PM
beetee15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

well said. every just loves the new shiny toy, from what i read some scouts don't even have him cracking nhl line ups. **** if mike richards wants to sign for 3M and play bottom 6 minutes im cool with that, but Vinny would have to be dealt, and we would be 100% giving up on schenn, and im not sure im cool with that yet, if schenn signs for a good price and doesn't want a ******** number id give him until the trade deadline before id consider him trade bait. unless the flyers get blown away in a deal with him for a stud dman "i dont see that happening this summer" that being said i dont hate the get rid of Vinny/Schenn idea if you're gonna give Stastny a contract because that would be a very skilled 1/2 punch up the middle.

Old
06-05-2014, 12:37 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:

I think Winnik would be a good fit for the Flyers on the 4th line. If the money is close to Rasmussen I would take Winnik.

Old
06-05-2014, 06:28 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Richards is going to sign here after he wins another cup in LA

I don't see him coming back at all....

Old
06-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 23175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Richards is going to sign here after he wins another cup in LA

I don't see him coming back at all....
Maybe Justin Williams come back

Old
06-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Regarding Richards, no one is forgetting about Laughton. We're just saying that BSchenn will (should) be a winger moving forward
Flyers see him as a center.

Team Canada sees him as a center.

He sees himself as a center.

Old
06-05-2014, 07:31 AM
hatcher

We need trades to beef up our 3rd and 4th lines along with keeping it skilled. King,Clifford,and Nolan are targets but we'll never get them but Winnik is the same as those guys. Rinaldo,Hall gone from the 4th line and we gotta get Coots some real 3rd liners. I know Read scores 20 but is a vanilla type player who barely wins a puck battle and a Guy like King would be perfect along with Raffl.

Old
06-05-2014, 07:44 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
We need trades to beef up our 3rd and 4th lines along with keeping it skilled. King,Clifford,and Nolan are targets but we'll never get them but Winnik is the same as those guys. Rinaldo,Hall gone from the 4th line and we gotta get Coots some real 3rd liners. I know Read scores 20 but is a vanilla type player who barely wins a puck battle and a Guy like King would be perfect along with Raffl.
Get rid of Read? Get a grip bud.

Kings fans have been on King's case for most of the year, and Clifford is a fourth liner who happened to score last night so you show up to talk him up. I agree that changes need to be made to the fourth line, but Matt Read is the last friggen winger they should be looking to move because of his versatility, two way play and minimal cap hit.

Old
06-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Curufinwe

Our 4th line was so bad this year (especially the ungodly Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill combo) that I think we can improve it thru free agency and bringing up Laughton.

Old
06-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Bryz4shiz

Even if Richards wanted to come back here the Flyers don't have the cap space to make it happen. On the open market his cap hit could actually end up going up (although for shorter term obviously).

Winnik is definitely a guy the Flyers could use. If Hall isn't resigned McClement would be a nice piece. I also wouldn't mind seeing Powe given a tryout for the 4th line/Allentown.

Closed Thread