HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs training camp: not so bad !

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 10:27 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Habs training camp: not so bad !

2 wins
4 losses
2 OT losse
1 tie game

7 points/18 possible points

They were really outplayed only twice: against the Wild and the Leafs.
They allowed only 18 goals; 2:00 ga

Theo and Garon are in top shape.
Our D-men are allright, especially with Souray back in full shape.
We have some younger talent emerging like Ribeiro, Ryder, Ward.
Koivu, Kilger, Zednik were injured. And we did not have the grit and nmuscle of Langdon and Bégin yet.

Now Julien has to work the offensive of course... But at least, the club is playing well defensively and can build on that.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:58 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
not SO bad is the correct term. We played good on the D part, but did we really play against the other teams snipers yet? Our O struggle so much, that it worries me when the other teams start to click and if our O doesn't like last year, we are in a lot of trouble.

Defence wins games, but not if you can't score.

Old
10-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Garnet

Pre season

Crazy Nine

The Habs played agianst a very good Leafs line up. But also remeber the Habs haven;t put their best line up in a game yet either. Not saying this will help just making the point

Old
10-05-2003, 02:06 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
Crazy Nine

The Habs played agianst a very good Leafs line up. But also remeber the Habs haven;t put their best line up in a game yet either. Not saying this will help just making the point
I guess your right, but what is our best lineup?

Old
10-05-2003, 02:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Komisarek was good on D , i hope they won't sent him down . We finally have muscle on D we have to keep it ,

Old
10-05-2003, 02:49 PM
habsfan11

There is potential. We need koivu back really badly, but theo's been really solid, and the D has been doing their job. Yes they havent palyed all a teams snippers at once, be we havent put all our top d-men in a game at once. As for the offence, one can only hope that it clicks in the reg. season. The Ribs line has looked good but zednik is out so itll be a week or two before they can play together again. Personally i think will do alright off., obviously nothing spectacular but will get by.

Old
10-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Marksman

Since we seem to have trouble scoring the key issue seems to make the powerplay working. Few goals on man advantage with all those one goal games would have changed things drastically.

And I believe it will be better after the season starts rolling. We didnt have powerplay staples such as Saku Zednik and Markov playing too much. If they can do that AND maintain solid defense Habs might be unpleasant surprice for some.:p

Old
10-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Corey

The last 2 games pleased me the most. They scored 3 goals against the Wild without Koivu and Zednik and they held the Senators to 1 goal (on the road).

Old
10-05-2003, 05:57 PM
H3ro

Quote:
Our D-men are allright, especially with Souray back in full shape.
Souray is not back in full shape, he had NEVER played like this before. Most impressive Hab so far, I tought he will need at least one month to get back at his level of play against Boston 2 years ago, but he's already better than that... And he's showing some good offensive skills. He's a new player.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ro
Souray is not back in full shape, he had NEVER played like this before. Most impressive Hab so far, I tought he will need at least one month to get back at his level of play against Boston 2 years ago, but he's already better than that... And he's showing some good offensive skills. He's a new player.
Lets just hope he stays healthy for the entire season.

I`ve been relatively happy with the way the habs preseason has gone. We only have 2 wins but the games were all close and we were actually outshooting the other teams. I`m not too worried about our preseason wasn`t our record last year like 7wins 2 losses??? and look how that season went. I wasn`t expecting too much out of the habs this year so I`m not too worried. Just looking forward to the regular season

Old
10-06-2003, 05:48 AM
NWT Habs Fan

We have improved on cutting down on the opposition shots and playing better team defence, so that's not bad at all. We still seem to be struggling to find the back of the net, but hopefully that will come. We have picked up a bona fide fighter, so that is a huge improvement.

The area that still worries me is the special teams. On Friday night against the Wild, those first two PK's looked horrible and Minny scored almost instantly. The boys got one back shorthanded on the 3rd PK, but that is still troublesome. Also, the PP seems to still need a lot of work. I know that missing Saku and Zed for a chunk of the pre-season hasn't helped, but this team needs to score on the PP if it is going to be hard pressed to get lots of goals during 5 on 5.

We need those special teams to start clicking!!

Old
10-06-2003, 05:52 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
We need those special teams to start clicking!!
Agreed. That can make or break a season.

Closed Thread