HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Viewing Party Thread

Old
06-02-2014, 04:32 PM
BlueShirts702

vCash: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Totally, the tight corridors through the MGM and the joke of a security job, didn't help either.

One of the reasons to build a new arena should be to fix the huge fire/security hazard for getting everyone in and out of the place.
Completely agree! It's a joke. I go to a lot of UFC events there and it's the same kind of crap. I can't wait for the new arena to be built. Imagine if we get a hockey team?!?! It would be perfect.

You heading out to LA for any of the games, Viper?

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Fforgione

vCash: 500
So I already have the flights booked to LA for games 5 & 7 for myself 3 other guys but have not gotten any tickets yet. Missed the Amex presale this afternoon so hoping to do well with the presale but if not to SH I go. Does anyone have information on the presale dates, times, codes etc. and any idea on where I should I sit. Plus the obvious, who wants to meet up with us before the games since the games are in lieu of throwing my friend a bachelor party.

Fforgione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 04:36 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fforgione View Post
So I already have the flights booked to LA for games 5 & 7 for myself 3 other guys but have not gotten any tickets yet. Missed the Amex presale this afternoon so hoping to do well with the presale but if not to SH I go. Does anyone have information on the presale dates, times, codes etc. and any idea on where I should I sit. Plus the obvious, who wants to meet up with us before the games since the games are in lieu of throwing my friend a bachelor party.
Depending on how my schedule looks, I might cruise out for a game 7! I'll post about my exp. in game one after I get home and let you know if I find any cool spots and stuff.

Old
06-02-2014, 04:36 PM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
My tickets ended up costing $454 each. Not bad all things considered. I was lucky enough to go to a cup game in '94 before I moved out to Vegas and I just couldn't pass this up. Now, to avoid getting jumped by the Kings fans. I went to the Rangers/Kings game at the MGM this last pre-season and I gotta tell ya....they reminded me of Philly fans...but more "gangster." LOL
How did you get the tickets? I'm looking hard for Game 2 but everything is $500+

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
How did you get the tickets? I'm looking hard for Game 2 but everything is $500+

Stubhub. My roommate just picked them up this morning.

Old
06-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Fforgione

Quote:
Depending on how my schedule looks, I might cruise out for a game 7! I'll post about my exp. in game one after I get home and let you know if I find any cool spots and stuff.
I would love to hear about it.

Fforgione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
NYR89

Quote:
Stubhub. My roommate just picked them up this morning.
Game 1 or 2? I've been all over Stubhub for Game 2 and haven't seen anything lower than $500ish

Old
06-02-2014, 04:45 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fforgione View Post
I would love to hear about it.

Absolutely. I plan on pre-gaming somewhere so hopefully I can find a place where I'm not being assaulted by MS-13 or whatever the hell they call themselves. I keep hearing about this joint called Tito's Taco's. It's been in LA for like 50 years and the food has NEVER changed. I'll be gorging on a burrito or two while there.

Old
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Game 1 or 2? I've been all over Stubhub for Game 2 and haven't seen anything lower than $500ish
Game one. I can't go to game two. I manage a sports book and we have that ridiculous horse race on Saturday. If it wasn't for that....i'd be going to both!

Old
06-02-2014, 04:51 PM
NYR89

Quote:
Game one. I can't go to game two. I manage a sports book and we have that ridiculous horse race on Saturday. If it wasn't for that....i'd be going to both!
Fair enough. A lot of the other sites have cheaper tickets up, but then their service fees are over $100 per ticket which is absurd. Super misleading.

Old
06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
I'm waiting for games 5 and/or 7 before I go. Anyone in the LA area know of a good Rangers bar/want to meet up for some of the games?
If it goes to game 7 I'll be going to the game! I'm up for meeting up before or after the game at a hockey bar.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM
nyrtrublue

SCF viewing parties

I thought we should make a thread discussing where to go to watch the games and the pros and cons of each to help everyone find an ideal place to watch the games if we plan on going out.

In Manhattan Went to local west for game one of the ECF, was an absolute blast and had solid specials, giveaways, trivia, ex rangers and a giant projection screen to watch the game. Game 4 of the ecf was kind of beat. they had the game on but no real viewing party, decent turn out of fans. They only have real viewing parties for away games apparently.

also in manhattan Went to stout and flying puck for a little bit of each, very pricey. solid turnout though. No real extras like local had. just a bunch of ranger fans and the game on. which i was pretty happy with.

nyrtrublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 11:04 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
I'm in Sherman Oaks. Welcome to LA, LGR!!!!!!!!!
Awesome man!!!! Thanks!! How do you like it here in cali? How long you been here? LGRRRR

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 11:17 PM
skymachine

Driving down from SF Saturday morning for Game 2. Been a Ranger fan for 20 years but have never attended a NYR playoff game. To say I'm stoked is an understatement. Section 106. Who else will be there?

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 11:34 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Rangers are doing an event in Bryant Park, starting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=98509

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 01:04 AM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
Rangers are doing an event in Bryant Park, starting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=98509
That seems like its gonna be awesome. Wish I could make it. I hope local does viewing party for game 2 Saturday night.
Gonna keep checking to see if Bryant park will host Saturday nights game as well. LGR!!!

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Still debating whether or not to drive from SF for Game 1. Given what I've read above I'd prefer to sit in the lower bowl, but I'm wary of spending >$500 for a single ticket.

Does anyone know which sections will be behind the home net for two periods?

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 03:23 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Section 306 row 9 here brother! We should FOR sure link up.
Let's do this guys. Let's take over the Staples. Lets get more fans into SoCal and take over and spread the blue.

Old
06-03-2014, 03:24 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Still debating whether or not to drive from SF for Game 1. Given what I've read above I'd prefer to sit in the lower bowl, but I'm wary of spending >$500 for a single ticket.

Does anyone know which sections will be behind the home net for two periods?
There's nothing wrong with the upper levels. I did some research on this and boy there are some great seats with great views. Like section 305 area, it's a corner view and great view which is close to all the amenities.

Old
06-03-2014, 03:38 AM
NYRKING30

It completely sucks they dont open up the Garden now to watch the cup games in LA inside MSG on that Beautiful scoreboard. It would be nice if they let STH people in for free or even 20 bucks or something for every fan. They will still make money regardless. Other teams do this but ofcourse Rangers are behind in the department just like the hot ice girls of most teams haha.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 03:40 AM
NYRKING30

I am dying to go to game 5 or game 7 in LA if Necessary if anybody else is down.

Old
06-03-2014, 03:45 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
It completely sucks they dont open up the Garden now to watch the cup games in LA inside MSG on that Beautiful scoreboard. It would be nice if they let STH people in for free or even 20 bucks or something for every fan. They will still make money regardless. Other teams do this but ofcourse Rangers are behind in the department just like the hot ice girls of most teams haha.
Why AREN'T they doing this? This would be fantastic.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 03:50 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Why AREN'T they doing this? This would be fantastic.
Because they are just so stupid I swear I kind of feel like we are the only team in the NHL that doesnt do any of this extra stuff. The surprising part is why would MSG wanna turn down straight profit?

Old
06-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Because they are just so stupid I swear I kind of feel like we are the only team in the NHL that doesnt do any of this extra stuff. The surprising part is why would MSG wanna turn down straight profit?
Madison Square Garden is a busy building. It's already occupied for the nights of games 2 and 5 according to this schedule: http://www.thegarden.com/calendar

They probably want to be able to hold all of their viewing parties in the same place, hence Bryant Park.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Atlanta Viewing Party

I know there are at least a few Ranger fans here in Atlanta. I moved here from Queens myself a year and a half ago. With that being said, would anyone be interested in getting together a viewing party at one of the local establishments? I live in Vinings, so anything on the North side of the city would be convenient for me. My first thought is Taco Mac Prado, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

http://tacomac.com/location/prado/

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote