HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should I write my name under "brooks was here"?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2014, 11:02 AM
  #1
Qyburn
Registered User
 
Qyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Should I write my name under "brooks was here"?

I might be- I could be- I hate myself- I hate my parents- I hate Spongebob- I hate God- I like Hitler- I hate the Hittites-

I hate saying this. But I maybe sorta am pulling for the Rangers.

For clarification, when I mail in my Flyers Fan Card, which body parts should I include? If we're talking Game Of Thrones Greyjoy parts, I'll resist, but I'll understand.

I don't know what it is but I find their current team very difficult to hate. They're everything we're not but always wanted to be. They're defensively responsible...almost humble. They've got dat goalie. And while we've got one now, they've been building around theirs for a decade.

And they're an unprecedented underdog.

On a strictly emotional level, I'm beyond ambivalent.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:07 AM
  #2
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,887
vCash: 500
Nobody hates Spongebob.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
  #3
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,903
vCash: 500
I'm with ya. I'm cheering for NYR, and I don't think it's that big a deal. I just like them more than LA (and no, it's not because of R and C. I want to see them win).

There just isn't a real rivalry between our teams to justify me investing any hatred toward them. They're actually a likable team, and I see no reason why some people consider it "unthinkable" to hope they win here.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:34 AM
  #4
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,453
vCash: 1175
I subscribe to this logic and agree with you

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:34 AM
  #5
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 50
Because they are new york and we are philadelphia. It is unthinkable. **** everything new york.

You're really going to root for an in division opponent whos fans will gloat and hold it over our heads for however long it takes for us to finally get one?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM
  #6
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,453
vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Because they are new york and we are philadelphia. It is unthinkable. **** everything new york.

You're really going to root for an in division opponent whos fans will gloat and hold it over our heads for however long it takes for us to finally get one?
All the Rangers fans (read: RANGERS fans, not any other NY fanbase) are pretty humble and knowledgeable about the game. I could live with it.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM
  #7
BWAVgal
We want Provorov
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post

You're really going to root for an in division opponent whos fans will gloat and hold it over our heads for however long it takes for us to finally get one?
I am, I personally don't know any actual Rangers fan that would rub it in if they win so I am cool with cheering for the Rags in this instance. Just don't want to see the Bobsy twins and Williams win yet another Cup.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:40 AM
  #8
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 62,504
vCash: 500
I also hate Spongebob.


Also, it's weird to like Hitler and hate the Hittites, the Hittites were legendary dicks.

__________________
Saturday night, I like to raise a little harm. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:40 AM
  #9
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 62,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
All the Rangers fans (read: RANGERS fans, not any other NY fanbase) are pretty humble and knowledgeable about the game. I could live with it.
That's going to change if they win a Cup and the bandwagon fills up. Such is the way of big metro areas.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 11:41 AM
  #10
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,453
vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's going to change if they win a Cup and the bandwagon fills up. Such is the way of big metro areas.
I'm aware. We'd have LA fans on here rubbing it in our faces.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:05 PM
  #11
Qyburn
Registered User
 
Qyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
At the same time as both of my eyes swelling up and then bursting with shame, ....

I really don't have anything to add to that. **** the rags.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:08 PM
  #12
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
I might be- I could be- I hate myself- I hate my parents- I hate Spongebob- I hate God- I like Hitler- I hate the Hittites-

I hate saying this. But I maybe sorta am pulling for the Rangers.

For clarification, when I mail in my Flyers Fan Card, which body parts should I include? If we're talking Game Of Thrones Greyjoy parts, I'll resist, but I'll understand.

I don't know what it is but I find their current team very difficult to hate. They're everything we're not but always wanted to be. They're defensively responsible...almost humble. They've got dat goalie. And while we've got one now, they've been building around theirs for a decade.

And they're an unprecedented underdog.

On a strictly emotional level, I'm beyond ambivalent.
Is it really tolerated around here to post that one likes Hitler? That's pretty stupid, even as a joke.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
  #13
Azir
What's your point?
 
Azir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Positives about Rangers winning:

-I hate those Western elitists
-I hate seeing former Flyers win the cup especially Carter.

Negatives about Rangers winning:

-The Rangers win the ******* Stanley Cup

Azir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
  #14
Qyburn
Registered User
 
Qyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Is it really tolerated around here to post that one likes Hitler? That's pretty stupid, even as a joke.
I'm sorry, Bernie. Forgive me, I beg of you. My joke was a fool's attempt to make a point that was extreme.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
  #15
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,453
vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Positives about Rangers winning:

-I hate those Western elitists
-I hate seeing former Flyers win the cup especially Carter.

Negatives about Rangers winning:

-The Rangers win the ******* Stanley Cup
I really hate the Western elitists.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
  #16
Phillyfan28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
I might be- I could be- I hate myself- I hate my parents- I hate Spongebob- I hate God- I like Hitler- I hate the Hittites-

I hate saying this. But I maybe sorta am pulling for the Rangers.

For clarification, when I mail in my Flyers Fan Card, which body parts should I include? If we're talking Game Of Thrones Greyjoy parts, I'll resist, but I'll understand.

I don't know what it is but I find their current team very difficult to hate. They're everything we're not but always wanted to be. They're defensively responsible...almost humble. They've got dat goalie. And while we've got one now, they've been building around theirs for a decade.

And they're an unprecedented underdog.

On a strictly emotional level, I'm beyond ambivalent.
Greyjoy...

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
  #17
ILoveStephanieBrown
Registered User
 
ILoveStephanieBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 500
Let's go arena collapse! (With no casualties of course.)

ILoveStephanieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:50 PM
  #18
chupanibre
The GhostBear Cometh
 
chupanibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bologna, ITA
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,731
vCash: 500
Well you hate spongebob, therefore your opinion is invalid.

But yeah our series with them was so stale I frankly have no interest in hating them anymore. I hope it picks up again though , because I really enjoy rivalries. Hating a team with a passion allows me to become so much more invested in the game.


Last edited by BlameUtley: 06-03-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: watch the language.
chupanibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 12:51 PM
  #19
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP92 View Post
Let's go arena collapse! (With no casualties of course.)
Spanish flu again?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 01:08 PM
  #20
kyuss
Registered User
 
kyuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's going to change if they win a Cup and the bandwagon fills up. Such is the way of big metro areas.
This. So much this.

Also, they'd be bragging about beating the Flyers and the "Flyers West" en route to the cup; we don't need that.

kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
  #21
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
St. Louis is a whiny ***** who forced his way out of Tampa because he couldn't make team Canada. He and Richards, who is an overpaid and just generally seems like a dick, helped beat the Flyers in '04. Nash is overpaid and has been overrated for his entire career. Boyle is giant puss bag. Staal looks like his in the Hitler Youth, and finally there is Carcillo who is quite clearly one of the most hateable players in the league.

I don't care how dreamy Lundqvist is, **** the rags

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 10:27 PM
  #22
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider
 
BestPlayerAvailable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 500
Carcillo is human garbage. I'm happy he won't play a second in the SCF.

BestPlayerAvailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 10:39 PM
  #23
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Carcillo is human garbage. I'm happy he won't play a second in the SCF.
Um, yeah, about that...

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:13 AM
  #24
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider
 
BestPlayerAvailable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Um, yeah, about that...
Forgot his suspension was shortened... still **** him.

BestPlayerAvailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 07:34 AM
  #25
sg12lw
Registered User
 
sg12lw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryz4shiz View Post
St. Louis is a whiny ***** who forced his way out of Tampa because he couldn't make team Canada. He and Richards, who is an overpaid and just generally seems like a dick, helped beat the Flyers in '04. Nash is overpaid and has been overrated for his entire career. Boyle is giant puss bag. Staal looks like his in the Hitler Youth, and finally there is Carcillo who is quite clearly one of the most hateable players in the league.

I don't care how dreamy Lundqvist is, **** the rags
Love this whole post, but especially that haha


If you are a flyers fan and you are rooting for the rags, you should be ashamed of yourself. End of story

It will pain me as much as anyone to see Carter and Richards win again but they already got a cup so whats the difference. No way am I okay with the ****ing rags winning a cup. **** that!

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.