HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash Part II

View Poll Results: Do you want to get rid of Rick Nash?
Yes 153 65.95%
No 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2014, 10:44 PM
  #326
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 19,296
vCash: 500
Nash stopped being the Nash I hoped we would see, after the Olympic break.
I have recognized what the real Rick Nash is, and I no longer gnash my teeth over the situation.
Right now, I go into short-term thinking, so I look at his defensive play and clap and applaud. I have already said goodbye to the Nash with offensive flair. Seriously, that is how I see it. It is the new reality.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 11:38 PM
  #327
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
incorrect, he has played well, he just has been kept off the score sheet.

Blaming Nash when this team has blown numerous 2 goal leads is just silly.

Up 4-2 in the 3rd, well clearly Nash is why we lost 5-4 because he did not score.
Which of those leads has Nash contributed to?

What must other people think when they read stuff like this. If your from Cbus you laugh your butt off.

That the Rangers even made it to the SCF with so little from a player of Nash's status is amazing.

The only thing more amazing is all the excuses made on his behalf.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 11:41 PM
  #328
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Which of those leads has Nash contributed to?

What must other people think when they read stuff like this. If your from Cbus you laugh your butt off.

That the Rangers even made it to the SCF with so little from a player of Nash's status is amazing.

The only thing more amazing is all the excuses made on his behalf.
What is more amazing is we are in the playoffs because of nash and in the stanley cup finals with Nash. But keep *****ing and moaning about him as we are 3 games away from the cup, ya know the closest thing we have been in 20 years.

I hope you all complained about the opening play of the game where Nash put a picture perfect pass to Hags who inexplicably stopped short of the net. But since it wasn't in the box score we will just completely forget it.


Just another game Nash didn't score, boy he just sucks.

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 11:41 PM
  #329
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 19,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is more amazing is we are in the playoffs because of nash and in the stanley cup finals with Nash. But keep *****ing and moaning about him as we are 3 games away from the cup, ya know the closest thing we have been in 20 years.

I hope you all complained about the open play of the game where Nash put a picture perfect pass to Hags who inexplicably stopped short of the net. But since it wasn't in the box score we will just completely forget it.


Just another game Nash didn't score, boy he just sucks.
I don't think you are being very objective about this.

Edit: Nobody is moaning, but they are giving clear well-founded observations on what Nash provides to this team. He is supposed to be a cornerstone. If he is not, why would it not be open to blunt discussion?

trilobyte is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 11:42 PM
  #330
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Which of those leads has Nash contributed to?

What must other people think when they read stuff like this. If your from Cbus you laugh your butt off.

That the Rangers even made it to the SCF with so little from a player of Nash's status is amazing.

The only thing more amazing is all the excuses made on his behalf.
Well said!!! its amazing we have made it this far without him being an offensive factor. I mean the guy isn't even on the powerplay anymore lol.
Also 3 of his goals werent impressive. The first goal on Tokarski was in a blowout. Second goal should have been easily stopped by Tokarski. Third goal was a fluke. I would say the second goal was an important one but one big goal in 24 games??? LOL.
I think he has been trying so that leads me to conclude that all the head injuries have made him damaged goods.

bl02 is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
  #331
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
What is amazing is no one recognizing that without Nash this team is not in the playoffs, yet he gets **** on more than anyone on the team outside of brad richards. That seems to get ignored. Nash is struggling to find the back of the net which is no secret but just blindly pointing at that fact alone is ignorant when judging his overall play. He is doing other things very well but just gets constantly ignored. Players/coaches do not give assigned "you are supposed to score goals role" they are playing as a unit and winning games. I personally don't care if Nash doesn't score 1 goal and we win. These guys are playing as a team. The Nash on Columbus was his best statistics and surprise they didn't do ****. Ovi led the league in goals, team didn't do ****. Just looking at a box score and judging play is straight ignorant and 80% of this board does that especially when judging Nash.

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 11:58 PM
  #332
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 19,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is amazing is no one recognizing that without Nash this team is not in the playoffs, yet he gets **** on more than anyone on the team outside of brad richards. That seems to get ignored. Nash is struggling to find the back of the net which is no secret but just blindly pointing at that fact alone is ignorant when judging his overall play. He is doing other things very well but just gets constantly ignored. Players/coaches do not give assigned "you are supposed to score goals role" they are playing as a unit and winning games. I personally don't care if Nash doesn't score 1 goal and we win. These guys are playing as a team. The Nash on Columbus was his best statistics and surprise they didn't do ****. Ovi led the league in goals, team didn't do ****. Just looking at a box score and judging play is straight ignorant and 80% of this board does that especially when judging Nash.
You can cling to your view.
You miss a lot of stuff.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 12:04 AM
  #333
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!
 
ReggieDunlop68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is amazing is no one recognizing that without Nash this team is not in the playoffs, yet he gets **** on more than anyone on the team outside of brad richards. That seems to get ignored. Nash is struggling to find the back of the net which is no secret but just blindly pointing at that fact alone is ignorant when judging his overall play. He is doing other things very well but just gets constantly ignored. Players/coaches do not give assigned "you are supposed to score goals role" they are playing as a unit and winning games. I personally don't care if Nash doesn't score 1 goal and we win. These guys are playing as a team. The Nash on Columbus was his best statistics and surprise they didn't do ****. Ovi led the league in goals, team didn't do ****. Just looking at a box score and judging play is straight ignorant and 80% of this board does that especially when judging Nash.
You are the poster child for the hype that is attached to Rick Nash.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 12:06 AM
  #334
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is amazing is no one recognizing that without Nash this team is not in the playoffs, yet he gets **** on more than anyone on the team outside of brad richards. That seems to get ignored. Nash is struggling to find the back of the net which is no secret but just blindly pointing at that fact alone is ignorant when judging his overall play. He is doing other things very well but just gets constantly ignored. Players/coaches do not give assigned "you are supposed to score goals role" they are playing as a unit and winning games. I personally don't care if Nash doesn't score 1 goal and we win. These guys are playing as a team. The Nash on Columbus was his best statistics and surprise they didn't do ****. Ovi led the league in goals, team didn't do ****. Just looking at a box score and judging play is straight ignorant and 80% of this board does that especially when judging Nash.
Definitely respect your opinion and Nash he does get a lot of crap and he does play against the other teams best d-men but we are paying him (8 million dollars!!!) to score more than 3 goals in the playoffs. Im sorry he just has to contribute more offensively, but I don't think its an effort thing for the most part.

bl02 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 12:22 AM
  #335
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is more amazing is we are in the playoffs because of nash and in the stanley cup finals with Nash. But keep *****ing and moaning about him as we are 3 games away from the cup, ya know the closest thing we have been in 20 years.

I hope you all complained about the opening play of the game where Nash put a picture perfect pass to Hags who inexplicably stopped short of the net. But since it wasn't in the box score we will just completely forget it.


Just another game Nash didn't score, boy he just sucks.
Glad to see you finally got it right;-)

Yes he does suck. But the excuses for him are even worse. This a player who is expected to score mind you...at least a bit more than he has.

So yes, a $7.8 million dollar player who averages less than a point every other game with a whopping 3 goals in 23 games will be criticized. Perhaps a bit mercilessly at times, but mostly it's well deserved.

You folks talk about his game like he's supposed to be Brian Boyle. Well, we have Brian Boyle for that.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 12:25 AM
  #336
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 50
What's all this arguing about? Bottom line he's a "superstar" getting top dollar for playing Dominc Moore's game. Regardless of how useful he is or not he's had almost 40 games to show that he can't score during crunch time. Cut your losses and move on after this season regardless of outcome. 8mil for no goals is an unacceptable loss of cap and roster space regardless off how nice he is or how well he plays defensively.

Just imagine if Moore or Dorsett got an extension for 8 mil this summer? People would flip ****. Well that's what Nash has been in the playoffs his whole career. It's not just an anomaly anymore.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 12:34 AM
  #337
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is amazing is no one recognizing that without Nash this team is not in the playoffs, yet he gets **** on more than anyone on the team outside of brad richards. That seems to get ignored. Nash is struggling to find the back of the net which is no secret but just blindly pointing at that fact alone is ignorant when judging his overall play. He is doing other things very well but just gets constantly ignored. Players/coaches do not give assigned "you are supposed to score goals role" they are playing as a unit and winning games. I personally don't care if Nash doesn't score 1 goal and we win. These guys are playing as a team. The Nash on Columbus was his best statistics and surprise they didn't do ****. Ovi led the league in goals, team didn't do ****. Just looking at a box score and judging play is straight ignorant and 80% of this board does that especially when judging Nash.
What exactly is it that is expected from Rick Nash at this point in your view? Do you expect him to score any more goals in this series? Or is he now relegated to "doing the other things well".

I'm not sure from where you get your logic but I'll give you some that is very simple. If Rick Nash pots that empty netter, the Rangers win 3 - 1 instead of 2 - 1.

Call me crazy, I think I'd rather win with the cushion.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:13 AM
  #338
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
What's all this arguing about? Bottom line he's a "superstar" getting top dollar for playing Dominc Moore's game. Regardless of how useful he is or not he's had almost 40 games to show that he can't score during crunch time. Cut your losses and move on after this season regardless of outcome. 8mil for no goals is an unacceptable loss of cap and roster space regardless off how nice he is or how well he plays defensively.

Just imagine if Moore or Dorsett got an extension for 8 mil this summer? People would flip ****. Well that's what Nash has been in the playoffs his whole career. It's not just an anomaly anymore.
This is exactly what I am talking about.

Lets just completely forget how important he was all season long and "cut our losses". For the Nth time. If Rick Nash is not on the team this year the Rangers do not make the playoffs.

Also Pizza. Call me crazy but a win is a win. What was the difference if he scored the empty netter? Oh you can say he had a good game because he scored a goal? Hell you would likely be in here saying "well atleast Nash can score when no goalie is in net" Do you care we scored 7 against MTL? No it doesn't matter, you don't get extra points for winning by a wider margin.


Ofcourse I expect Rick Nash to score some more goals and he should be scoring more, but it doesn't matter as long as they win. Clearly his role is not just a goal scorer any more hence they put him on the PK. The fact is, you can contribute to winning hockey without scoring points. Would you be happier if he had 7 goals in 4 games and we got swept in the first round or 3 goals and 3 wins away from the stanley cup?

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:19 AM
  #339
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop68 View Post
You are the poster child for the hype that is attached to Rick Nash.
You are the poster child of someone who does not watch the games and just reads the box score. Your logic is since he did not score he had a bad game.

BTW Crosby had 1 goal in 13 games this post-season when do you think the Pens will cut their losses with him? How dare someone who makes so much money struggle!

Don't worry I am sure you are one of the posters that wanted gabby gone after his poor playoff performance in 2012


Last edited by CJCNYR: 06-12-2014 at 01:25 AM.
CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:24 AM
  #340
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
This is exactly what I am talking about.

Lets just completely forget how important he was all season long and "cut our losses". For the Nth time. If Rick Nash is not on the team this year the Rangers do not make the playoffs.

Also Pizza. Call me crazy but a win is a win. What was the difference if he scored the empty netter? Oh you can say he had a good game because he scored a goal? Hell you would likely be in here saying "well atleast Nash can score when no goalie is in net" Do you care we scored 7 against MTL? No it doesn't matter, you don't get extra points for winning by a wider margin.


Ofcourse I expect Rick Nash to score some more goals and he should be scoring more, but it doesn't matter as long as they win. Clearly his role is not just a goal scorer any more hence they put him on the PK. The fact is, you can contribute to winning hockey without scoring points. Would you be happier if he had 7 goals in 4 games and we got swept in the first round or 3 goals and 3 wins away from the stanley cup?
I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying for 8 mil we can get another 30 goal scorer who quite possibly may get more than 2 goals per 80 playoff games.

Hence trade him for picks and sign...anyone, and you win because you get picks and no one is going to score less than 3 goals in a 20+ game run.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:29 AM
  #341
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I'm saying for 8 mil we can get another 30 goal scorer who quite possibly may get more than 2 goals per 80 playoff games.

Hence trade him for picks and sign...anyone, and you win because you get picks and no one is going to score less than 3 goals in a 20+ game run.
Marian Hossa had 2 goals in 19 games
Crosby 1 goal 13 games
Jason Pominville 2 goals 13 games
Mikko Koivu 1 goal in 13 games
David Krejci 0 goals and 4 points in 12 games
Brad Marchand 0 goals 5 points in 12 games


Slumps happen, would you not want any of those guys on the Rangers?

Do you think consistent 30 goal scorers are easy to find?

He is absolutely overpaid but once they are on the ice I don't worry about their salary. I don't say Brad Richards 4th line 6 mil. No I just want them to contribute and win the game. If dorsett got a hat trick or Nash got a hat trick and the rangers won it wouldn't make a difference.

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:34 AM
  #342
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!
 
ReggieDunlop68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
You are the poster child of someone who does not watch the games and just reads the box score. Your logic is since he did not score he had a bad game.

BTW Crosby had 1 goal in 13 games this post-season when do you think the Pens will cut their losses with him? How dare someone who makes so much money struggle!

Don't worry I am sure you are one of the posters that wanted gabby gone after his poor playoff performance in 2012
I don't watch the games. I attend the games. Nash must play differently on your tube.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:36 AM
  #343
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!
 
ReggieDunlop68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
Marian Hossa had 2 goals in 19 games
Crosby 1 goal 13 games
Jason Pominville 2 goals 13 games
Mikko Koivu 1 goal in 13 games
David Krejci 0 goals and 4 points in 12 games
Brad Marchand 0 goals 5 points in 12 games


Slumps happen, would you not want any of those guys on the Rangers?

Do you think consistent 30 goal scorers are easy to find?

He is absolutely overpaid but once they are on the ice I don't worry about their salary. I don't say Brad Richards 4th line 6 mil. No I just want them to contribute and win the game. If dorsett got a hat trick or Nash got a hat trick and the rangers won it wouldn't make a difference.
All these streaks are from seasons when their team won the cup, right?

ReggieDunlop68 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:40 AM
  #344
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
Marian Hossa had 2 goals in 19 games
Crosby 1 goal 13 games
Jason Pominville 2 goals 13 games
Mikko Koivu 1 goal in 13 games
David Krejci 0 goals and 4 points in 12 games
Brad Marchand 0 goals 5 points in 12 games


Slumps happen, would you not want any of those guys on the Rangers?

Do you think consistent 30 goal scorers are easy to find?

He is absolutely overpaid but once they are on the ice I don't worry about their salary. I don't say Brad Richards 4th line 6 mil. No I just want them to contribute and win the game. If dorsett got a hat trick or Nash got a hat trick and the rangers won it wouldn't make a difference.
Sure slumps happen, you're showing single playoffs here for those players. Nash has scored 4 or 5 goals in 3 playoffs, his entire life. And more importantly compared to the 5 you showed there are tons of players who get it done in the playoffs on the regular.

Hell just on the Rangers there are players who completely **** on Nash in the same time frame let alone in the whole league.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:45 AM
  #345
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 8,065
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Rick Nash is an overpaid waste of space. Period

BBKers is online now  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:55 AM
  #346
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop68 View Post
All these streaks are from seasons when their team won the cup, right?
Toews 3 goals 23 games
Lucic 5 in 25 games had 30 on the season and led team
Hossa 3 goals in 22 games
Kunitz 1 goal 24 games
Penner 3 goals in 21 games after 29 in regular season
cullen 4 goals in 25 games after 25 in regular season.


I guess teams can not win the cup when they have a top goal scorer on their team slumping.

Notice on all those cup teams they had plenty of guys step up also.

No one on the Rangers is exactly setting the world on fire. They don't win games because they score tons of goals, they win with rolling 4 lines out there great goaltending, solid D.

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
  #347
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Rick Nash is an overpaid waste of space. Period
Overpaid absolutely. Waste of space? Your opinion is worthless with that statement.

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 02:46 AM
  #348
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
What is more amazing is we are in the playoffs because of nash and in the stanley cup finals with Nash. But keep *****ing and moaning about him as we are 3 games away from the cup, ya know the closest thing we have been in 20 years.

I hope you all complained about the opening play of the game where Nash put a picture perfect pass to Hags who inexplicably stopped short of the net. But since it wasn't in the box score we will just completely forget it.


Just another game Nash didn't score, boy he just sucks.
Waht?

Except for a few weeks in January he has been pretty "meh" to say the least. How on earth are the Rangers in the playoffs because of him?

vippe is online now  
Old
06-12-2014, 05:03 AM
  #349
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
Toews 3 goals 23 games
Lucic 5 in 25 games had 30 on the season and led team
Hossa 3 goals in 22 games
Kunitz 1 goal 24 games
Penner 3 goals in 21 games after 29 in regular season
cullen 4 goals in 25 games after 25 in regular season.


I guess teams can not win the cup when they have a top goal scorer on their team slumping.

Notice on all those cup teams they had plenty of guys step up also.

No one on the Rangers is exactly setting the world on fire. They don't win games because they score tons of goals, they win with rolling 4 lines out there great goaltending, solid D.
So Penner and Cullen are now the benchmark for Nash? And the other guys on that list who are at least close to being paid like Nash all had at least one very good playoff run while Nash has been like this for nearly 40 games now.

And you are overrating Nash's contribution to making the playoffs. Yes his goals definitely helped, but it's not like they all just vanish without Nash. Someone else would get his ice time and someone else would score some goals with it. And it's not like his 25 goals are something unheard of that would be irreplaceable - his 38 points even less. Hell, I know it's beating a dead horse, but Dubi outscored him for half the price. I'm sure we'd still have made the playoffs with Nash's 7.8 million spent on other players.

jniklast is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 06:24 AM
  #350
TheDave1022
Registered User
 
TheDave1022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Carmel, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
His slump started around the Olympic break. In the past 54 games he has 10 goals. He just doesn't show up offensively, especially in the playoffs. 3 goals vs Montreal only. He is playing great defensively, but we don't need a second Boyle. He needs to start scoring. And those who say we aren't in the finals without Nash, is more like without MSL who has picked up for the lack of scoring.

TheDave1022 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.