HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash Part II

View Poll Results: Do you want to get rid of Rick Nash?
Yes 153 65.95%
No 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2014, 02:25 PM
  #751
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Kreider will score 30 this year.
Not if you trade Rick Nash.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
  #752
Capt McDonut
Tanner Glass=Sniper
 
Capt McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
I'd like to keep him but not his cap hit...

Capt McDonut is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
  #753
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Kreider will score 30 this year.
You got a taker on the under right here

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
  #754
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I'd rather have Dubinsky and anisinov back for what nash brings to the table. Hated the trade when they made it and still did. Nash is a lazy player and always has been. I hope there's a team out there that's dumb enough to trade for him. Maybe we can boo his useless ass out of New York next season where he demands a trade. Might be best case scenario for NYR.

__________________
Alvvays is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:38 PM
  #755
NYRCSKA*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Not if you trade Rick Nash.
Useless nash scored 38 points this year. Not even 30 goals. He's a magician in that he's great at disappearing when his team needs him.
Not worth 7.8 million. I'd be happy with a mid level prospect and a 2nd round pick for him. I saw him a lot on Columbus. He's soft as butter and is overrated.

NYRCSKA* is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:40 PM
  #756
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Useless nash scored 38 points this year. Not even 30 goals. He's a magician in that he's great at disappearing when his team needs him.
Not worth 7.8 million. I'd be happy with a mid level prospect and a 2nd round pick for him. I saw him a lot on Columbus. He's soft as butter and is overrated.
Good thing you're not the GM then.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:42 PM
  #757
NYRCSKA*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
What they didn't tell you about nash is that that 230 lb frame is fat, not muscle. He's lazy. He lacks intensity, and doesn't bring 7.8 million of production to the team. Trade him, cut him, loan him out to the khl. Just so long that we don't have to see him in a rangers jersey ever again.

NYRCSKA* is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:44 PM
  #758
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
For *****-n-giggles, bearing in mind that this is NOT a trade proposal thread, would anyone do Nash + Staal for Grigorenko, Foligno and a 2nd.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:49 PM
  #759
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I'd rather have Dubinsky and anisinov back for what nash brings to the table. Hated the trade when they made it and still did. Nash is a lazy player and always has been. I hope there's a team out there that's dumb enough to trade for him. Maybe we can boo his useless ass out of New York next season where he demands a trade. Might be best case scenario for NYR.
Given the series we just had with the Kings, there is no doubt in my mind that Dubi would have been the far more effective player.

I have this miserable feeling that we will see the exact same thing from Nash in next years playoffs (assuming we make it) ...and people will still be saying we should keep him and hope he wakes up.

By then of course it will be far too late.

I'm actually pretty happy in a bitter sweet way with what the Rangers were able to accomplish. But Nash's performance is a real sore spot for me.

Given his play off production and overall lack of impact, this trade is a stand out debacle for the team.

Loss of depth, size, and a first round pick to name just a few of the more obvious things.

I can't help but go back to many of the comments I read from Jackets fans about how relieved they were to be finally rid of this player. I wonder how many in the Rangers top brass were really behind this deal.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:52 PM
  #760
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Given the series we just had with the Kings, there is no doubt in my mind that Dubi would have been the far more effective player.

I have this miserable feeling that we will see the exact same thing from Nash in next years playoffs (assuming we make it) ...and people will still be saying we should keep him and hope he wakes up.

By then of course it will be far too late.

I'm actually pretty happy in a bitter sweet way with what the Rangers were able to accomplish. But Nash's performance is a real sore spot for me.

Given his play off production and overall lack of impact, this trade is a stand out debacle for the team.

Loss of depth, size, and a first round pick to name just a few of the more obvious things.

I can't help but go back to many of the comments I read from Jackets fans about how relieved they were to be finally rid of this player. I wonder how many in the Rangers top brass were really behind this deal.
Yet they just made it farther than they did with a team employing Dubinsky and Anisimov.

__________________
DMPD is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:54 PM
  #761
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
I'll see your face palm and raise you one.

It's amazing that people defend a player like Nash after his miserable playoff performance. You would think they at least have some questions about how a guy this big and talented just fails to make an impact or meaningful contribution on the score sheet. How he is almost never around the net.

In every fan base there are people who adore the big names. No matter how costly and obviously over rated they are. It's just the way it is I guess.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:57 PM
  #762
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Yet they just made it farther than they did with a team employing Dubinsky and Anisimov.
I'll just focus on two players to make it easy.

We start another series against the Kings tomorrow.

Nash or Dubinsky. Your choice. Pick one.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 02:59 PM
  #763
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I'd rather have Dubinsky and anisinov back for what nash brings to the table. Hated the trade when they made it and still did. Nash is a lazy player and always has been. I hope there's a team out there that's dumb enough to trade for him. Maybe we can boo his useless ass out of New York next season where he demands a trade. Might be best case scenario for NYR.
You traded active size down the middle (especially with Dubi) no less for a perimeter player like Nash. That deal will haunt the rangers to the end of time, but I guess Slats thought he had to intervene and get that glossy goal scorer.

Tundra is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:02 PM
  #764
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'll see your face palm and raise you one.

It's amazing that people defend a player like Nash after his miserable playoff performance. You would think they at least have some questions about how a guy this big and talented just fails to make an impact or meaningful contribution on the score sheet. How he is almost never around the net.

In every fan base there are people who adore the big names. No matter how costly and obviously over rated they are. It's just the way it is I guess.
Criticize him for lack of production all you want, but I just didn't see a "fat, lazy bum" out there on the ice. I saw a guy giving it his all and coming up short.

Alvvays is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:09 PM
  #765
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Criticize him for lack of production all you want, but I just didn't see a "fat, lazy bum" out there on the ice. I saw a guy giving it his all and coming up short.
If you really think he gave it his all then you wanting him back next year makes zero sense. Dude is too soft on the puck and has lost his offensive game TWO years in a row when we needed it most. I see no reason to believe he will ever be an impact playoff performer.

For all the posters saying he is good in the regular season you realize he didn't even hit 30 goals this year, 39 point makes a good regular season around here? I can't believe some of the crap I see written by Nash defenders.

Just not good enough.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:11 PM
  #766
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Assume the Rangers need to play the game from here:

What is the minimum the Nash haters would accept to move him?

Complaining about what he's paid, etc, is pointless.

What should the team do going forward.
I would dump him for the best package of picks I could get then use the gained cap space from his and Richards departure to resign our guys then try to replace Nash's 20 something regular season goals via trade or free agency.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:15 PM
  #767
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
Kreider will score 30 this year.
If that's the case, I'd really love to have two thirty goal scorers on the first line. Would you not?

Plus, I love Kreider as a player, but I'll believe he can put up 30 when he does it.

haveandare is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
  #768
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
You traded active size down the middle (especially with Dubi) no less for a perimeter player like Nash. That deal will haunt the rangers to the end of time, but I guess Slats thought he had to intervene and get that glossy goal scorer.
Dubi didn't play Center here. Why is this guy allowed to troll the Rangers so much with no repercussions?

MetalGodAOD* is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:20 PM
  #769
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
If Anisimov was still a Ranger, which current Ranger would sit in favor of him? Would Dubi play wing or center on this team? Can't remember, did Dubi score more goals than him, or was he more of a setup guy? Would Dubi be a better playmaker than the centermen the Rangers currently have? I can see the desire to have those two players here instead of Nash, but how would it have all shaken out? And as bad as Nash was, and as bad as Richards was, two players with significant ice time, this team did go to the Stanley Cup finals and competed; no guarantee a team that would likely look a fair amount different would have been any better. I know it's tempting to look at what happened and than transplant different people into different roles and say it would've been better, as in the Rangers would be a shoo-in, but it's not that easy. What would be a guarantee, however, all else being equal, the cap situation would likely be a bit more palatable.

Fletch is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:21 PM
  #770
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Dubi didn't play Center here. Why is this guy allowed to troll the Rangers so much with no repercussions?
I don't really think he's trolling.

He doesn't have a lot of positive things to say, but neither do like 75% of the people here. He's from a rival team's board, so it seems worse, I guess.

I kind of like seeing an outside interpretation, though it does get kind of old to see someone who supports a mess of a team tell you how the team you like is imperfect in smaller ways.

haveandare is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:23 PM
  #771
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
If Anisimov was still a Ranger, which current Ranger would sit in favor of him? Would Dubi play wing or center on this team? Can't remember, did Dubi score more goals than him, or was he more of a setup guy? Would Dubi be a better playmaker than the centermen the Rangers currently have? I can see the desire to have those two players here instead of Nash, but how would it have all shaken out? And as bad as Nash was, and as bad as Richards was, two players with significant ice time, this team did go to the Stanley Cup finals and competed; no guarantee a team that would likely look a fair amount different would have been any better. I know it's tempting to look at what happened and than transplant different people into different roles and say it would've been better, as in the Rangers would be a shoo-in, but it's not that easy. What would be a guarantee, however, all else being equal, the cap situation would likely be a bit more palatable.
Good point. It is never, ever as easy as transplanting players in your imagination from one team to another. The cap would be nice in that you could split up the hits and trade one player in a way you can't with Nash, but that's the only guaranteed difference IMO.

haveandare is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:25 PM
  #772
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I don't really think he's trolling.

He doesn't have a lot of positive things to say, but neither do like 75% of the people here. He's from a rival team's board, so it seems worse, I guess.

I kind of like seeing an outside interpretation, though it does get kind of old to see someone who supports a mess of a team tell you how the team you like is imperfect in smaller ways.
The devils are far more structurally screwed up than the rangers. It's not even a comparison at this juncture. We haven't drafted well in a decade and we have a stagnant philosophy in which we indoctrinate our players. I'm not wearing any rose colored glasses.

Tundra is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:27 PM
  #773
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 9,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
You traded active size down the middle (especially with Dubi) no less for a perimeter player like Nash. That deal will haunt the rangers to the end of time, but I guess Slats thought he had to intervene and get that glossy goal scorer.
active size ?

dude, dubi might have been active but he was unable to score before he was traded if you remember. he was a winger then too. he hadnt played center for a while. dude was snakebit and couldnt buy a goal. he did alot of running around and hitting but not much more.

he had been healthy scratched a few times and was really not even sure what kind of player he was. was he a finesse guy or a banger. was he a 1c 2c or a 3c or a better winger ?

you make it sound like he was an allstar when he was moved. he wasnt.

rick nash being a semi bum doesnt make dubi any better than he was when that deal went down.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:31 PM
  #774
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
active size ?

dude, dubi might have been active but he was unable to score before he was traded if you remember. he was a winger then too. he hadnt played center for a while. dude was snakebit and couldnt buy a goal. he did alot of running around and hitting but not much more.

he had been healthy scratched a few times and was really not even sure what kind of player he was. was he a finesse guy or a banger. was he a 1c 2c or a 3c or a better winger ?

you make it sound like he was an allstar when he was moved. he wasnt.

rick nash being a semi bum doesnt make dubi a better than he was when that deal went down.
Certainly, he was going through an identity crisis, but Dubinsky showed flashes of versatility and attitude. Nash, despite his rep has proved to be wholly one dimensional, and some may point to his concussion.

Tundra is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
  #775
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Criticize him for lack of production all you want, but I just didn't see a "fat, lazy bum" out there on the ice. I saw a guy giving it his all and coming up short.
I did not call him a fat lazy bum.

I called him a very talented player that fails to make an impact. Of course he's supposed to back check. People make that sound like some incredibly transformational event. Hardly. It's what's expected from every player in the playoffs.

If he had been lazy, AV would put him in the press box certainly.

I could see people supporting him had he been constantly in front of the net causing havoc and just having his chances stopped time after time. That's not what happened.

Nash tried to play his regular season style in the playoffs and failed miserably. Given the much tighter two way play, Nash had to make adjustments and he could not make it work.

For this player, for what he's making, for what we gave up for him, it's completely unacceptable. This is what Rick Nash was brought here to do. To make a difference. To be the guy that makes people like yours truly forget the likes of Brandon Dubinsky because Rick Nash is just such an obvious upgrade.

Rick Nash is NOT the reason the Rangers made the Stanley Cup Finals or even a very big part of the reason. That distinction goes to Hank, McD and a few others. Nash being somewhere near the bottom of the list.

Pizza is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.