HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Battlestar Galactica

Old
10-06-2005, 01:51 PM
CHareth

vCash: 500
So what do people here think about the music score during the opening credits? At first, I really didn't care for it at all and thought that it was one area in which the old show completely dominated (I still love that old theme song). But it's really growing on me, and the haunting music and voice lend themselves well to the dramatic, gloomy, harrowing storyline of man being annihilated. Still, as far as TV theme songs go, it's quite nondescript and forgettable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Meh. They should remake Buck Rogers instead.
Re-making every awful Glen Larson show ever made will serve the television industry well, as there will be a lot of work to do for quite a number of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
It's Admiral Kane, it's a woman, she's a hardass, and she has no daughter that Apollo can bone.
Wow, an Admiral, so she even outranks Adama. That makes it even more unrealistic. I wish the show had better casting, but otherwise it's pretty solid.

Quote:
How many episodes until Roslin dies?
Hopefully not before the useless bootlicking scribe Billy.

Just another minor casting note: what's with the really short Aaron Doral make of Cylons? You'd think Cylons would have a presence, but the Aaron Doral version is pretty wimpy looking. Were the raw materials too expensive or something, and the Cylons were forced to make him smaller out of spare parts? Seriously, I think Billy or even the old robot on Riptide could take him on. For those who don't remember our friend Roboz, here's a pic. I'm embarrassed that I even know this stuff.

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Billy is a terrible character. He's just plain useless. And for some reason he gets to bone Dee, who's hot. He should just die.

I hope they don't go the 'I found a magical cure' for Roslin route. But that would leave Gaius Balter as President, which would definitly F!@# humanity.

Or Tom Zarak might win.

Ironchef Chris Wok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
CHareth

So I got around to watching all episodes. Michelle Forbes as an admiral? Uh ok. That's believable. Who's in charge of casting?

Quote:
I'm so sick of Gaeta being the CIC biotch. Again, minorities are only good for broken computers and FTL Jumps where Basic Math Skills Whtie people don't have are needed
I read a couple spoilers for the upcoming second part of season 2, and there is a character named Hoshi (the Pegasus' version of Lt. Gaeta). I guess Hoshi is a Japanese version of the Pegasus CIC's biotch possessing greater math skills.

Old
10-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
So I got around to watching all episodes. Michelle Forbes as an admiral? Uh ok. That's believable. Who's in charge of casting?

I read a couple spoilers for the upcoming second part of season 2, and there is a character named Hoshi (the Pegasus' version of Lt. Gaeta). I guess Hoshi is a Japanese version of the Pegasus CIC's biotch possessing greater math skills.

UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Where do you get the spoilers?

Old
10-14-2005, 10:02 AM
CHareth

Quote:
UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Where do you get the spoilers?
Just Google "Battelstar Galactica spoilers"

Old
01-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

UGGGGHHHH...

Well, at least there was no Lt. Hoshi for me to be angry abuot.

They comeback from a cliffhanger with a CLIFFHANGER.

Talk about a dark universe.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:18 PM
CHareth

Anyone watch the 90-minute season 2 cliffhanger?

What the frack was that?

Old
03-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Chief Tyrol is hardcore...

"What do you wanna do Captain?"

"The same thing we always do: fight'em till we can't"

Old
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Where the hell is this going to go? I am at a complete loss of what will happen. However, if they pull a "Dallas" and this is all Baltar's thinking about accepting the presidency or accepting the nomination, I am going to be really ticked.

The Dallas thing, for those too young to remember is when they killed off Bobby Ewing, and there was a huge out-cry from the public that they did that. In order to bring him back, they said it was all a dream.

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987
Where the hell is this going to go? I am at a complete loss of what will happen. However, if they pull a "Dallas" and this is all Baltar's thinking about accepting the presidency or accepting the nomination, I am going to be really ticked.

The Dallas thing, for those too young to remember is when they killed off Bobby Ewing, and there was a huge out-cry from the public that they did that. In order to bring him back, they said it was all a dream.
The season finale was weird. I commend the writers for not following convention and for doing some crazy stuff, but the story arc got completely scewy in the process. I thought the Baltar pimp daddy thing was really over the top and silly, as was the copycat Godfather-baptism inauguration ceremony for Baltar, but even those things are minor compared to what else went on. Example: so Laura and Bill cover-up a rigged election and then decide to do absolutely nothing for the next 12 months to oppose Baltar's obvious leadership problems? Uh ok. Especially when you consider that not one, but two, Cylon agents followed you back to the fleet from the home world and know what's going down with this whole settlement thing?

I'd be surprised if this ends up as a dream sequence. The writers have demonstrated a tendency so far to start episodes/scenes with something pretty dramatic and then going back to tell the story of how we got there. It'll probably be the same for this once the third season starts - only in this case, there are a lot more holes to fill.

Old
03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

If one thing the Galactica writers are good for, it's that they won't resort to Deus Ex Machina, my biggest pet peeve EVER in TV/Movies. My second biggest pet peeve is recasting, but that's for another discussion.

Quote:
to do absolutely nothing for the next 12 months to oppose Baltar's obvious leadership problems? Uh ok.
Lee did absolutely nothing about his fat ***, so what do you expect. I think this finale was supposed to be a reflection on the season I finale where Adama arrested Roslin... that whole plot arc didn't turn out too well IIRC for everybody.

They purposely skipped a year ahead so they can do massive "Flashback" episodes. They'll have to resolve 1) The settlement 2) Starbuck/Anders marriage 3) Sharon's fate 4) Starbuck/Apollo's fallout, although "you're frakking Dualla" would probably do it.

Cally in that maternity dress looks like a massive redneck.

Old
03-12-2006, 07:52 PM
BigStar

all i can think of when i hear battlestar gallactica is..from family guy

"...ok thanks for watching the KISS forum, now stay tuned for battlestar gallactica forum (puts on funny helmet) welcome to battlestar gallactica forum" i love that clip

BigStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

One thing I'm angry about:

Gaeta goes from being the CIC Biotch to Baltar's personal Biotch.

The guy CAN'T get a break.

Such is the misfortunes of the minority male on television.

Old
03-13-2006, 08:00 AM
CHareth

Quote:
One thing I'm angry about:

Gaeta goes from being the CIC Biotch to Baltar's personal Biotch.

The guy CAN'T get a break.

Such is the misfortunes of the minority male on television.
I was just going to say this. Looks like the poor bastidge has been demoted to Season 3's Billy. I guess that's what you get for squealing on the Colonel.

And Cally really does look like P.W.T., doesn't she.

Old
03-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Gaeta is surrounded by hotties too. Yet they all wanna get with the sleazy president rather than settle down with the only nice intelligent guy in a 2 mile radius. Gotta love women.

What's PWT?

One thing I love about Galactica: You can always count on the writers to actually come up with SOMETHING rather than use Deus Ex Machina, my biggest pet peeve in Sci-Fi. (My second biggest beef: Recasting)

Old
03-13-2006, 08:15 AM
CHareth

Quote:
What's PWT?
poor white trash

Old
03-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
poor white trash
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Wasn't teh scenes with Cavil great?

"Now... take me to your leader."

"I'm not a frakking cylon!!! Oh..."

Old
03-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987

I'm getting the same feeling.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
I'm getting the same feeling.
They won't do that. They also won't do stupid Deus Ex Machina krap. Have Faith.

They're going to fill the holes with flashback episodes. i can't wait for the Starbuck/Apollo "official falling out" episode. That's guarenteed to have great dialogue, and one good actress out of two aint bad.

Old
03-13-2006, 09:18 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Billy is a terrible character. He's just plain useless. And for some reason he gets to bone Dee, who's hot. He should just die.
We got our wish. Unfortunately, the writers gave Dee the next available she-male. Poor girl.

As for the 'Dallas' dream stuff, it ain't gonna happen. I'd be really surprised if the writers would be stupid enough to try that.

Old
03-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
We got our wish. Unfortunately, the writers gave Dee the next available she-male. Poor girl.
I would have been happier had Dee married Starbuck.

Quote:
As for the 'Dallas' dream stuff, it ain't gonna happen. I'd be really surprised if the writers would be stupid enough to try that.
My favourite Sci-Fi Deus Ex Machina Krap Writing:

I remember my friend telling me about this one season finale of DS9 where DS9 was about to be pwned by this massive fleet of ships... when teh ships DISAPPEARED.

Old
03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

I actually didn't mind the DS9 episodes where the Dominion Fleet disappears in the wormhole...it's not like the Prophets came out of nowhere, and that action did have consequences for Sisko, so I can deal with it.

This one year forward thing, though...I'm not sure it's a good idea or not, it depends so much on execution next season. I do think the episode would have been stronger if they'd jumped forward only, say, 3 months or so. They've done time jumps of a 6 weeks or so, in between episodes, so it wouldn't be that drastic...

Quote:
And Cally really does look like P.W.T., doesn't she.
She let Tyrol knock her up after he beat the tar out of her. She acts like PWT, too.

...and I liked Billy.

Burke's Evil Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit

...and I liked Billy.
He was so useless. Without Dee the fleet wouldn't function

Old
03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
CHareth

Quote:
I would have been happier had Dee married Starbuck.
Wouldn't work - Starbuck's too tough, and the writers prefer to have Dualla fall for wusses. If Lee dies, the writers will put Dee with the next available wuss, Helo. You know it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
...and I liked Billy.
I really don't know what to say. To each his own?

Old
03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
They won't do that. They also won't do stupid Deus Ex Machina krap. Have Faith.
Like the cybrid's blood curing cancer?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote