HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Battlestar Galactica

Old
09-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I bet you Joss Whedon wishes Firefly was still around too. He needs something to fund his addiction towards slightly overweight-yet-still-attractive prostitutes.

(this is an inside joke between BES and me)

Ironchef Chris Wok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

He's probably getting pretty good coin writing/directing Wonder Woman.

Come to think of it, I hope he doesn't make WW a porker...although, it *would* be hilarious...

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 04:48 PM
QcS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I just finished my Season 2.0 DVDs. It's going to be the longest 9 days of my life from now until 9/19 when Season 2.5 is released. I'll burn through that in a few days and then watch some of the webisodes on scifi.com.

I might even have to break out of my usual TV on DVD habit and watch Season 3 as it airs. Can't get enough of this show. Sci-Fi done right, I wish there was something similar to it. Anyone watch Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis? Those seem to be my best bet if I want to get into some other Sci-Fi. I tried watching SG-1 a long time ago and just wasn't into it, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

I also wish Firefly was still around. Son of a...
Those are the 3 series i follow religiously. I've held on (i don't know how) for so long for Season 9 of SG-1.. without watching 1 episode on TV.. just cuz i was waiting for the DVD's to come out (and they are coming out first week of october). I just can't stand "to be continued..". lol
But those 3 series (SG-1, Atlantis and BSG) are the 3 i love the most. I don't know where to go after those 3. I was recommended a few, but some fell flat.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:26 AM
snowfreak

Never could get into this version. The original, tho dated in style just had more for me.

snowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Season 2.5 released today, I know what I'll be doing the rest of the week.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28 View Post
Those are the 3 series i follow religiously. I've held on (i don't know how) for so long for Season 9 of SG-1.. without watching 1 episode on TV.. just cuz i was waiting for the DVD's to come out (and they are coming out first week of october). I just can't stand "to be continued..". lol
But those 3 series (SG-1, Atlantis and BSG) are the 3 i love the most. I don't know where to go after those 3. I was recommended a few, but some fell flat.
I think I might start with Atlantis, considering it's still relatively new. Then if I like it, try SG-1. Do you need to see SG-1 to "get" Atlantis? Or does it stand on its own for the most part?

Old
09-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
I think I might start with Atlantis, considering it's still relatively new. Then if I like it, try SG-1. Do you need to see SG-1 to "get" Atlantis? Or does it stand on its own for the most part?
No you don't. There are occasional episodes in which the characters of the two shows will overlap, but they have their own story lines. I don't watch much SG-1, but I think they are dealing with the Orai, whereas with Atlantis it's the Wraith. With Sci-Fi not picking up season 11 of SG-1, I wonder if some of those characters will end up on Atlantis.

Season two of Doctor Who starts tonight and one more week to new BSG episodes

Old
10-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Nifty=HHOF

Anybody see the season 3 opener on Friday night? I thought it was terrible.

Nifty=HHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM
QcS

Quote:

You can start with Atlantis. Just go ahead with Atlantis with one notion: Stargate SG 1 has been going for a long time. They found the Stargate in Egypt.. and have been traveling to many planets. Then they found that if they had a much better power source, they could travel even further.. and even go to.... TADA!!! Atlantis!

Atlantis is cool cuz there's people from lots of different countries that are sent there.. the scottish doctor, the czech scientist, and even doctor McKay, a Canadian (omg).

I wish we'd get some asians in there.. maybe in time.

I'm a huge SG-1 fan, and although i love Atlantis, i haven't gotten into it that much mostly because of the characters. i just never liked that idiot "sheppard".. and although the wraith rule as an ennemy, if you don't like any of the good guys, then there's nothing to root for.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Kurtz

I really didn't like the show much at all, at first. Where as Jossss Wedden's Firefly had great zip to its dialogue, fantastic humour, and well acted roles that made you care for all the characters, and a great underlining feeling of something bigger hiding right underneath...

...Battlestar was plagued by hammy writing (If I have to hear that so say we all line again...", terrible acting (Lt.Thrace/Starbuck, Apollo (Im glad he gained 50 pounds for season 3, so we dont have to see him flexing through every scene), That incredibly cute but inept as an actress Asian girl, etc...I mean its really the reason why Odoma's one note acting shtick looks good by comparison. Thankfully, they're getting some decent acting preformances out of role characters like Doc, Xena, Gaeda, and Baltar's character is rather interesting...

In any case, the show really got engrossing towards the end of season 2, when the Xylons finally showed off some of their mental prowess. And having just seen a season 3 (2.5+) it looks like they're going in an entirely new, rather grim direction...really rather apocalyptic and intense.

Good stuff.

Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Red

Watched the premiere last night and it was amazing! First episode I managed to watch without my girlfriend constantly swooning over how hot Apollo is, because of the pounds he gained, lol.

Anyway, I loved it. It was fast paced, and I love that Baltar goes from being such a horrible guy to having a bit of a conscience. Everyone is written as a real person and it's awesome. the effects were great as well.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
That incredibly cute but inept as an actress Asian girl.
This fanboy scoffs at any attempts to demean Grace Park. Why don't you just call her a bad driver or something? HUH???

Seriously, her character sucks, but she's sooo hawwt. Even though I did see her for about 15 seconds in real life, and she coudl have eaten a couple of decent meals.

Old
10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok View Post
This fanboy scoffs at any attempts to demean Grace Park. Why don't you just call her a bad driver or something? HUH???

Seriously, her character sucks, but she's sooo hawwt. Even though I did see her for about 15 seconds in real life, and she coudl have eaten a couple of decent meals.
Well, they've got to ration them food supplies...
Plus, she was with the chief for a while. And you know he had to pull that "Hey, is that a Cylon over there!?...yoink!" thing when they ate in the cafeteria once or twice.

Oh, and does it strike anyone as rather odd that all the women Cylon models are ridiculously attractive? Which is why I'm pretty sure Dee's a cylon.

Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Firefly

I am a HUGE fan of this show, and loved the premiere, but I can't wait until they get back into orbit and resume the search for Earth. Having Kara locked up with Leoben is painful to watch, and I can't wait until she gets the hell out of there. Something tells me that Casey isn't what's being advertised, but just created to make Kara love Leoben.

I loved when Adama told Apollo to get his fat *** out of his office. That was pretty good.

There's just so much going on. Hopefully Jammer comes to his senses and starts helping the resistance (or maybe he is the insider they're getting info from?). We'll see. As I said though, can't wait until they get back into space. Hopefully Anders comes with them. It'd be nice to have another hot shot, alpha male on board to go up against Apollo. Good to see Tigh get a little tougher too. I also have a mega crush on Dualla.

Old
10-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
There's just so much going on. Hopefully Jammer comes to his senses and starts helping the resistance (or maybe he is the insider they're getting info from?).
It's Gaeta

Old
10-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Fat Apollo blew my mind, although he magically got even fatter as soon as he put his uniform on.

Fatty fatty fat fat.

That episode blew my mind. Battlestar Galactica is the best show on television. It helped that I didn't see any of the previews - Starbuck's kid was a total mind**** to me.

Old
10-10-2006, 12:21 AM
GlennTheFrog

I love this show, but I swear it alternates between really strong acting one scene to high school AV club quality hamming the next.

That said, the premier was excellent, and I can't wait to see where these story archs go. That scene with Baltar and the 'order' was ****ing intense.

GlennTheFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 12:37 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

The x-president died ...wait I never really liked her so

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

I'm not sure what was cooler, Adama calling Apollo a fatass, or Roslin slapping Tigh in the face.

Once again, Helo has secured himself in the role of "Emo White Guy who needs Yellow Lovin' Douchesack", while Jammer is still the "all-around minor character douchesack"

Old
10-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Spoil:

Don't bet on it. I imagine that either (a) the human cops sack up and defend themselves, or (b) the insurgents swoop in to save the day. I can't see them eliminating two major characters at once

10-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
I'm not sure what was cooler, Adama calling Apollo a fatass, or Roslin slapping Tigh in the face.
Roslin slapping Tigh was lame as hell, but Tigh's monologue after that was jaw-droppingly amazing. Also the part about how they've become evil men. They're made all the cooler by the fact that the cigarettes he rolls look like joints (by the way, how much ****ing tobacco does the fleet grow, seeing as Tigh, Starbuck, and Baltar have all been able to keep smoking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Once again, Helo has secured himself in the role of "Emo White Guy who needs Yellow Lovin' Douchesack", while Jammer is still the "all-around minor character douchesack"
I hate how everyone got married. FFS. Couldn't one of the couples at least break up?

Old
10-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Roslin isn't dead. I saw Mary McConnell film Episode 11

Old
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Roslin isn't dead. I saw Mary McConnell film Episode 11
Spoiler!!!

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Firefly

Quote:
It's Gaeta
That's right. I need to go rewatch it and let it all sink in again, too much info!

Old
10-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
I hate how everyone got married. FFS. Couldn't one of the couples at least break up?
You've got to think some breakups are in order for the coming episodes. Every single marriage is dysfunctional.

Ellen Tigh is a *****. It won't be long (I hope) until the new and improved Col. Tigh quits tolerating her crap.

I'm guessing Chief still wants Boomer/Sharon.

Starbuck married "Apollo-Lite" but I bet she still wants the real thing.

Apollo married Dee, why? Jealousy? Loneliness? Either way it's motivated by Starbuck.

Last edited by Firefly: 10-10-2006 at 02:04 PM.