HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Battlestar Galactica

Old
10-10-2006, 02:01 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
BTW...did Apollo REALLY put on 50 pounds for his role this season...or was it all a costume? Below his neck looked kinda fake and I know nowadays they can make your face look fatter quite easily, not computer enhanced either.

I was honestly sitting there wondering is that the same actor a few times in the ep.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
It's a fat suit.

Fake jowels + makeup + bulky clothing and Sharon's 3-month pregnancy tummy = Fat Apollo.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 02:07 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
It's a fat suit.

Fake jowels + makeup + bulky clothing and Sharon's 3-month pregnancy tummy = Fat Apollo.
Ah alright, that's what a figured. But I know some actors/actresses gain weight for a certain role.

Old
10-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Starbuck won't marry Lee, since Starbuck isn't a lesbian.

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 12:19 AM
FLYLine24*

I just watched last Fridays ep...i'm really looking forward to this weeks ep

Old
10-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I wouldn't want to mess with that butch marine with the rocket launcher

Ironchef Chris Wok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM
CHareth

So I've watched the first 3 episodes from this season - overall pretty good. It's a shame Grace Park didn't take acting lessons over the summer, as she has one of the most complex characters, but oh well. I see Helo is really trying to wrap up the biggest wuss in the colonial fleet award. Holy crap what a tool!

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet View Post
So I've watched the first 3 episodes from this season - overall pretty good. It's a shame Grace Park didn't take acting lessons over the summer, as she has one of the most complex characters, but oh well. I see Helo is really trying to wrap up the biggest wuss in the colonial fleet award. Holy crap what a tool!
I'm not sure who's worse, Emopollo or Emohelo.

Old
10-16-2006, 08:45 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok View Post
I'm not sure who's worse, Emopollo or Emohelo.
I think the answer is pretty clearly Emohelo. Emopollo at least stands up for his sad sack self once in a blue moon whereas Emohelo is all about living for the love of a confused machine. Way to go buddy!

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet View Post
I think the answer is pretty clearly Emohelo. Emopollo at least stands up for his sad sack self once in a blue moon whereas Emohelo is all about living for the love of a confused machine. Way to go buddy!
I can't really hate Helo becuase he's boning Grace Park and I'm not. I hope Dee has a long-lost brother somewhere that goes Medieval on Apollo though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kve1oGPjf8

This is great...
"I love the blue glow, and the drunk XO"

lol

Old
10-18-2006, 11:41 AM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
Hilarious

saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Firefly

I'm gonna go out on a short limb and say Helo dies this season.

Old
10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
I'm gonna go out on a short limb and say Helo dies this season.
All the folks in the "Main Cast" are signed for 5 seasons.

Old
10-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Firefly

Nobody has anything to say about the latest episode? That was some heavy ****. Probably my favorite episode of them all so far. I was really glad to see their rescue actually work out for the most part, finally something goes right for them! Well, almost right. As right as can be expected from BSG.

The action was fantastic, from the insurgency to the fight in the air. Pegasus coming back and singlehandedly taking out the basestars was amazing, too bad it ended up in a million pieces, but that's ok, getting back to basics is fine with me. So Ellen is dead, Tigh looks to be on the brink of insanity, Kara ISNT a mother after all, Baltar is with Six, Hera is with the Cylons, Zarek turning over a new leaf, search for Earth resumes...I think there's plenty to cover this season.

Old
10-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok View Post
All the folks in the "Main Cast" are signed for 5 seasons.
Someone great is going to bite it, and I'm going to be soooo pissed. Until then, we have the death of Ellen Tigh, which ain't so bad. Redeemed herself at the last second but in the grand scheme of things the ship and Tigh (I hope) will be better off without her scheming and general sluttiness.

Old
10-21-2006, 01:35 PM
FLYLine24*

That was easily the best ep over the past 2 seasons.

Something though I can't figure out ( I guess I forgot from last season?). Why is that woman cylon so into the baby? Im not talking about the lady with Baltar, im talking about the other one who saw the religious lady? I can't remember why she even knows about the baby or has such a interest in it?

Old
10-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
That was easily the best ep over the past 2 seasons.

Something though I can't figure out ( I guess I forgot from last season?). Why is that woman cylon so into the baby? Im not talking about the lady with Baltar, im talking about the other one who saw the religious lady? I can't remember why she even knows about the baby or has such a interest in it?
In season 2 she was introduced as a human reporter. There was an episode having to do with her coming aboard Galactica to do a documentary of sorts on the ship/crew/war. I believe she ended up getting footage of Hera's birth, or the baby shortly thereafter. Towards the end of the episode it's revealed she's a Cylon (to the audience), so I assume she knew what Sharon was (I think everyone did however, that was after she had been outed as a Cylon) and what that meant for the baby she was giving birth to.

Long answer to part of the question, but as for the other part (why she's so interested), I really don't know. Maybe she wants to find "love", maybe she wants to be a mother. Hera is also the first human/cylon hybrid, so that's of some importance too. If it was explained, it slipped through me, so I'm really not sure.

Old
10-21-2006, 01:47 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
In season 2 she was introduced as a human reporter. There was an episode having to do with her coming aboard Galactica to do a documentary of sorts on the ship/crew/war. I believe she ended up getting footage of Hera's birth, or the baby shortly thereafter. Towards the end of the episode it's revealed she's a Cylon (to the audience), so I assume she knew what Sharon was (I think everyone did however, that was after she had been outed as a Cylon) and what that meant for the baby she was giving birth to.

Long answer to part of the question, but as for the other part (why she's so interested), I really don't know. Maybe she wants to find "love", maybe she wants to be a mother. She is the first human/cylon hybrid, so that's of some importance too. If it was explained, it slipped through me, so I'm really not sure.

O yea, totally forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

Old
10-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
I thought this show similar to Star Trek/Wars, but if possible even more geekier.
But since i've been down with the flu and hence suddenly with allot of time on my hands i gave it a shot. And frankly i've never been more positively surprised my a TV show. It's except for the whole space thing very realistic and "gritty", the action scenes are the best i've ever seen is a sci-fi show or movie. There are things that could be better of course but considering it's a tv show it's very, very good.

Best part in the latest episode was Galactica entering the atmosphere, very cool scene.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Nobody has anything to say about the latest episode? That was some heavy ****. Probably my favorite episode of them all so far. I was really glad to see their rescue actually work out for the most part, finally something goes right for them! Well, almost right. As right as can be expected from BSG.

The action was fantastic, from the insurgency to the fight in the air. Pegasus coming back and singlehandedly taking out the basestars was amazing, too bad it ended up in a million pieces, but that's ok, getting back to basics is fine with me. So Ellen is dead, Tigh looks to be on the brink of insanity, Kara ISNT a mother after all, Baltar is with Six, Hera is with the Cylons, Zarek turning over a new leaf, search for Earth resumes...I think there's plenty to cover this season.
Leoben lying to Starbuck about her daughter has to be one of the most awesome twists ever. It totally fits with his manipulative, sleazy character (I call him White Trash Cylon), considering all the **** he pulled back in the first season interrogation episode.

Galactica jumping into the atmosphere, scrambling the Vipers, and jumping out was, frankly, arousing. Adama is such a ****ing badass.

I honestly thought they were going to destroy the Galactica, too. God, that was the best episode of BSG ever. Tight poisoned his own WIFE. What other show has the balls to do that?

Old
10-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post

I honestly thought they were going to destroy the Galactica, too. God, that was the best episode of BSG ever. Tight poisoned his own WIFE. What other show has the balls to do that?
The best part was halfway through their conversation, you could tell by the look on Tigh's face that something wasn't right.

I was sitting there watching it saying to myself "nahhhhhhh, they couldn't...Tigh wouldn't...oh my lord...they ****ing did it."

And I don't know about you, but I thought the special effects/CGI were the best I've seen so far last night. They really pumped out some great visuals for this one. BSG entering the atmosphere, launching vipers and jumping away was awesome I agree. I thought the battle between BSG/Pegasus and the Base Stars was tops though. Especially the Pegasus' kamikaze run at the end. Insane.

Old
10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Galactica jumping into the atmosphere, scrambling the Vipers, and jumping out was, frankly, arousing. Adama is such a ****ing badass.
I got the same feeling during that scene as i got during the cavalry charge in LOTR:ROTK, it was one of those epic moments...

Quote:
The only other show AFAIK would be 24.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 04:08 PM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
Best TV CGI battle I have seen since the end of deep space 9 and the SW movies, Lucas and Berman should take note how a show with a fraction of Paramount/LucasArts budgets, has surpassed them in both effects and character development

saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
The best part was halfway through their conversation, you could tell by the look on Tigh's face that something wasn't right.

I was sitting there watching it saying to myself "nahhhhhhh, they couldn't...Tigh wouldn't...oh my lord...they ****ing did it."
I watched it again, and I think the most awesome part was that Ellen knew that the drink was poisoned, getting back to the "she would do anything for Tigh" thing.

Old
10-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Firefly

Quote:
I watched it again, and I think the most awesome part was that Ellen knew that the drink was poisoned, getting back to the "she would do anything for Tigh" thing.
I didn't even notice that. I'm going to keep all the episodes on my DVR for a repeat marathon during the mid-season lull.