HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HUT Thread, Part 39

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2014, 05:38 AM
terranraida

vCash: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boragina91 View Post
Just picked up a SC Lundquist for 320k. Considering the normal card goes for 300, I'd say I did pretty well.
Really? last I saw he was 200k. I'd pony up the 20k for an upgrade..

Old
06-10-2014, 08:09 AM
iFishyHD
Bye Adams!

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post
Just picked up Ryan Suter and need a RHD OFD for <60K, any suggestions?

Edit: would like a Kris Letang, is he good?
I use Suter-Doughty (as stated before), but I would definitely recommend Letang.

Old
06-10-2014, 09:09 AM
TL12
Cam Barker MVP

vCash: 50
Anyone have any collections on XBOX I can borrow for the bonus?

I don't have any (but I almost have the Devil's full team save for Broduer or Schneider)

Thanks!

Old
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Boragina91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by terranraida View Post
Really? last I saw he was 200k. I'd pony up the 20k for an upgrade..
I was looking for a reg. just to complete the collection then move all the stuff. Found the Reg for 300, and the only other SC ones for 400+

Old
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
mattybloom

Looking to move TOTY Zetterberg. I'm gunna list him at 500k sp in about half an hour. All on the market going for 600k and up right now. Looking for base Toews + pucks preferably but I'm willing to look at other deals as well.

Old
06-10-2014, 09:47 PM
TL12
Cam Barker MVP

vCash: 50
Got Calgary, New Jersey, and Phoenix collections if anyone needs.

Price : 1/3 of the collection reward. I want insurance unless you are trusted.

Old
06-11-2014, 05:20 AM
terranraida

vCash: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL12 View Post
Got Calgary, New Jersey, and Phoenix collections if anyone needs.

Price : 1/3 of the collection reward. I want insurance unless you are trusted.
I'd like to rent all 3. Only did this with one other person, but I've got collateral just fine.

Old
06-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Iridescent*

Anyone who plays this mode should be embarrassed and ashamed.

Old
06-11-2014, 09:03 AM
slashtrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post
Anyone who plays this mode should be embarrassed and ashamed.
Anyone who enjoys hamburgers should be imprisoned and beaten relentlessly.

Am I doing it right

Old
06-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Grabner x 40
Yandle's a beast!

Anybody down for some collections? I have collateral and its on xbox

Old
06-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Iridescent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashtrey View Post
Anyone who enjoys hamburgers should be imprisoned and beaten relentlessly.

Am I doing it right
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you go bowling. There are 9 normal lanes, and one lane with bright flashing lights and whistles around it. Curious you walk up to the owner and ask about what's the deal with the flashing light lane.

"Oh, that. That's our Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane."

"What's that?" you prod further.

"Well you see, normal bowling is boring. You pay a fee, bowl 12 rounds, and that's it. In Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane, it's much different. You see, each pin is worth 1 point. And each bowl of a ball costs 6 points. Everyone starts off the game with 6 points, or 1 ball. In order to bowl a second ball, you need to get 6 points, or 6 pins. Knock down pins, earn points, buy balls! Don't you see, it makes it exciting!"

"Ummm, but what happens when you run out of points and can't bowl?" you reply, skepticism beginning to rise.

"Well, you have two choices. You can either perform menial and arbitrary tasks, like washing the windows or scrubbing the floors, in order to earn more points. Or you can purchase Ultimate Bowling Xtreme Point Packages! Where you purchase quick point packages to avoid having to do the menial tasks"

"Uhhh, avoid doing the menial tasks?" you grunt.

"Yes, it's quite convenient for those who want the points quickly"

"So basically what you did was develop the game around a point system which systematically requires me to either perform menial tasks for hours, or pay more money?"

"Essentially"

"Then why the hell would anyone play on that lane?"

"It's got FLASHY BRIGHT LIGHTS AND AWESOME WHISTLES. IT'S XTREME"

"I'll take a normal lane"

Now. You in this situation would think anyone playing on the Xtreme lane would be incredibly stupid, no?

Old
06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
slashtrey

Quote:
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you go bowling. There are 9 normal lanes, and one lane with bright flashing lights and whistles around it. Curious you walk up to the owner and ask about what's the deal with the flashing light lane.

"Well you see, normal bowling is boring. You pay a fee, bowl 12 rounds, and that's it. In Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane, it's much different. You see, each pin is worth 1 point. And each bowl of a ball costs 6 points. Everyone starts off the game with 6 points, or 1 ball. In order to bowl a second ball, you need to get 6 points, or 6 pins. Knock down pins, earn points, buy balls! Don't you see, it makes it exciting!"

"Ummm, but what happens when you run out of points and can't bowl?" you reply, skepticism beginning to rise.

"Well, you have two choices. You can either perform menial and arbitrary tasks, like washing the windows or scrubbing the floors, in order to earn more points. Or you can purchase Ultimate Bowling Xtreme Point Packages! Where you purchase quick point packages to avoid having to do the menial tasks"

"So basically what you did was develop the game around a point system which systematically requires me to either perform menial tasks for hours, or pay more money?"

"Essentially"

Now. You in this situation would think anyone playing on the Xtreme lane would be incredibly stupid, no?
Yeah definitely

Because bowling sucks

And your analogy sucks even worse

----

I'm trading FUT coins for HUT at a very good ratio for the next 24 hours. PM

Last edited by slashtrey: 06-11-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old
06-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Nifty Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post
Just picked up Ryan Suter and need a RHD OFD for <60K, any suggestions?

Edit: would like a Kris Letang, is he good?
Suter - Tanger has been my first pair for a while. Definitely recommend Suter holds it down wonderfully and Letang gets up the ice quick and helps out with the offense. Even if theyre not your top pair they break out of the zone well, great for transitioning up the ice.

Old
06-11-2014, 02:27 PM
jarleaxel

Quote:

"Essentially"

Seems like an over the top effort to troll folks that have been working hard building a team and playing hut because they enjoy it.

Such an effort, I do hope it provides satisfaction to the poster, and fills that empty time between playing a mode and starting the mode again.

Personally, I enjoy the economic aspects of an unregulated market, and using skill, intelligence and intuition to grind pucks and find great players.

But I guess it does take time, dedication and effort, and even folks with lots of money can't get instant gratification. And for me, its a lot more fun than following a campaign in cod or something, because I decide what's going to happen today for me.

If nhl was only about dropping the puck and starting again, I would have stopped playing months ago.

Old
06-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Ducks Ahoy
PP success loading..

I made some pretty big changes to my team. Basically re-did my whole bottom 2 lines, some D adjustments, & new goalies:

Gaborik - HL Getzlaf (A) - Perry
HL Duchene - Bergeron (C) - Semin (A)
HL Tarasenko - HL Stastny - HL Oshie
HL Jokinen - HL Filppula - Burns

Keith - Weber
McDonagh - HL Girardi
SC Fowler - Seabrook

Rask
Lehner

I'm happy with my team. I like having speedy forwards and D.

Old
06-11-2014, 06:10 PM
CaptainClaude28

Been hesitant to post my team in fear of the jokes regarding my lack of stars. Currently, I'm only in D4. Honestly, I want to know what direction I should take things at this point. Add another piece? Earn more pucks? Start the climb to D1? My mediocre lineup is not nearly up to par with teams D3-D1, and I worry that I would be run out quickly.

Patches-Spezza(A)-Sharp(C)
Marleau-Tatar-Voracek(A)
J.Staal-M.Richards-Franzen
Boedker-Vinny-Pominville

Yandle-Girardi
Emelin-Gorges
Hjalmarsson-Meszaros

Anderson
Holtby

Let me address that second line C. Despite being about a 78 OVR, Tatar is a ****ing monster. Agile, quick shot, accurate passing, he does it all. I've used Getz before, and legitimately prefer Tatar. Where should I take this? What position is weakest? I have about 30K in wiggle room, maybe more if someone does collections. Any gamechangers around that price?

Open to any suggestions, save for Mcdonagh. Used him 10 or so games, wasn't blown away, and resold for market price.

Thanks in advance for help, I apologize if formatting is screwy, on mobile.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Iridescent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarleaxel View Post
Seems like an over the top effort to troll folks that have been working hard building a team and playing hut because they enjoy it.

Such an effort, I do hope it provides satisfaction to the poster, and fills that empty time between playing a mode and starting the mode again.

Personally, I enjoy the economic aspects of an unregulated market, and using skill, intelligence and intuition to grind pucks and find great players.

But I guess it does take time, dedication and effort, and even folks with lots of money can't get instant gratification. And for me, its a lot more fun than following a campaign in cod or something, because I decide what's going to happen today for me.

If nhl was only about dropping the puck and starting again, I would have stopped playing months ago.
The problem is that they get maybe 10 months of development time for each game. HUT isn't even subtle about what it is. It's a game mode put into the game for the sole purpose of getting more money out of people after initial purchase.

So with such a short development time, instead of sitting around and, I don't know, fixing the darn game, the crew at EA was brainstorming how to create a game mode to squeeze money out of people. HUT is a pretty complex mode, they had to have worked on it for a long time.

So instead of improving the game, or getting rid of glaring glitches, EA's primary focus is a ridiculous cash grab of a game mode that sells "packs" at ridiculously obscene prices. Where it was meticulously designed to ensure that the scales are tipped in favor of the house, so that more people drop cash. Even this year, they emphasized it more. Dropping you out of EASHL menu after a game so you have to pass by HUT. Giving pucks for everything you do.

HUT isn't just dumb for the reasons I mentioned, it's bad for the game because it takes precedence and time away from where it should be focused.

Anyone who plays that mode should be embarrassed and ashamed. And I'm totally flabbergasted that more people aren't upset about it.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
jarleaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
Been hesitant to post my team in fear of the jokes regarding my lack of stars. Currently, I'm only in D4. Honestly, I want to know what direction I should take things at this point. Add another piece? Earn more pucks? Start the climb to D1? My mediocre lineup is not nearly up to par with teams D3-D1, and I worry that I would be run out quickly.

Patches-Spezza(A)-Sharp(C)
Marleau-Tatar-Voracek(A)
J.Staal-M.Richards-Franzen
Boedker-Vinny-Pominville

Yandle-Girardi
Emelin-Gorges
Hjalmarsson-Meszaros

Anderson
Holtby

Let me address that second line C. Despite being about a 78 OVR, Tatar is a ****ing monster. Agile, quick shot, accurate passing, he does it all. I've used Getz before, and legitimately prefer Tatar. Where should I take this? What position is weakest? I have about 30K in wiggle room, maybe more if someone does collections. Any gamechangers around that price?

Open to any suggestions, save for Mcdonagh. Used him 10 or so games, wasn't blown away, and resold for market price.

Thanks in advance for help, I apologize if formatting is screwy, on mobile.
Around 30k? I'd say Duchene would be solid. Always suggest getting Rinne as well, my d1 starter. A lot of us use a scrub 4th line, so there's a possibility for more resources to build the rest of your team. Hedman, mcdonuts, Bouwmester, shattenkirk are very useful value d, like Girardi tho.

Guys help me out on forwards, I've been using rather pricy guys for a long time.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:29 PM
habs1995

Quote:
The problem is that they get maybe 10 months of development time for each game. HUT isn't even subtle about what it is. It's a game mode put into the game for the sole purpose of getting more money out of people after initial purchase.

So with such a short development time, instead of sitting around and, I don't know, fixing the darn game, the crew at EA was brainstorming how to create a game mode to squeeze money out of people. HUT is a pretty complex mode, they had to have worked on it for a long time.

So instead of improving the game, or getting rid of glaring glitches, EA's primary focus is a ridiculous cash grab of a game mode that sells "packs" at ridiculously obscene prices. Where it was meticulously designed to ensure that the scales are tipped in favor of the house, so that more people drop cash. Even this year, they emphasized it more. Dropping you out of EASHL menu after a game so you have to pass by HUT. Giving pucks for everything you do.

HUT isn't just dumb for the reasons I mentioned, it's bad for the game because it takes precedence and time away from where it should be focused.

Anyone who plays that mode should be embarrassed and ashamed. And I'm totally flabbergasted that more people aren't upset about it.
Cute

Old
06-11-2014, 10:56 PM
jarleaxel

Quote:

I assume you understand you might find your beliefs somewhat less than popular in a hut message board, but i'm reasonable, make a solid living, so I dropped about 1500 on this mode this season. But I could afford it, I enjoyed it, and to be honest, its less than the money I've dropped on many titles I've bought and never played more than once or twice.

Going to assume the guy responsible for creating a hut live card isn't the same guy that creates the physics engine. Also going to assume without the profits from hut for example, the title would get less resources when you consider how many fewer units are solid of nhl, as it's not even in the top ten of EA'S own titles. So sure, the efforts would be so much stronger without hut.

According to ea financial report for the last quarter, revenue for madden ut has increased 90% compared to last year, so such game modes are going nowhere, and well, that's why they make the games.

So it's okay that you don't want to play the mode, and you can hate on those morons like myself that do, but when you play this game, you might want to thank us for making it worthwhile for ea to put as much effort and resources as they do.

Old
06-12-2014, 02:02 AM
slashtrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarleaxel View Post
I assume you understand you might find your beliefs somewhat less than popular in a hut message board, but i'm reasonable, make a solid living, so I dropped about 1500 on this mode this season. But I could afford it, I enjoyed it, and to be honest, its less than the money I've dropped on many titles I've bought and never played more than once or twice.

Going to assume the guy responsible for creating a hut live card isn't the same guy that creates the physics engine. Also going to assume without the profits from hut for example, the title would get less resources when you consider how many fewer units are solid of nhl, as it's not even in the top ten of EA'S own titles. So sure, the efforts would be so much stronger without hut.

According to ea financial report for the last quarter, revenue for madden ut has increased 90% compared to last year, so such game modes are going nowhere, and well, that's why they make the games.

So it's okay that you don't want to play the mode, and you can hate on those morons like myself that do, but when you play this game, you might want to thank us for making it worthwhile for ea to put as much effort and resources as they do.
For $1500 I could have sold you tens of millions of pucks...why would you ever spend that money on packs, with the amount of pucks you could have bought for $1500 you could have opened 3x as many packs or just bought whatever players you wanted.

Old
06-12-2014, 06:31 AM
dpeeezy3

Quote:

But we did collections and got free pucks

Old
06-12-2014, 07:07 AM
jarleaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashtrey View Post
For $1500 I could have sold you tens of millions of pucks...why would you ever spend that money on packs, with the amount of pucks you could have bought for $1500 you could have opened 3x as many packs or just bought whatever players you wanted.
It became apparent that $7 here, $11 there from October till may added up, and that includes the 4 +7 boosts I bought for eashl. Considering my roster, I did get whatever players I wanted. I wasn't paying attention to how much a little added up to, and since it didn't hurt me financial I didn't notice until I used mint to group expenses. What the heck, spent 3 times that for one week in cuba, and this moneny has brought me many months of continued enjoyment

Old
06-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Violar

Send a message via MSN to Violar
Quote:
Some long "cool story" about bowling.
I have built a team worth over 2M pucks and guess what - I haven't paid a dime except for the price of the game itself. Could prolly make a profit, heck - not a bad idea, thanks!

HUT reminds me of Panini stickers from World Cup / Euro tournaments that I enjoyed collecting being young.

Old
06-12-2014, 08:35 AM
jarleaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeeezy3 View Post
But we did collections and got free pucks
Oh yeah, forgot about those, 10 minutes later, hv71, lelea, forlunda, and another one that escapes me, 60k bonus x7 oh wait, I said that aloud

Closed Thread