HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HUT Thread, Part 39

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2014, 02:02 PM
ubercanucksfan

vCash: 500
I'm looking to deal a Zach Parise, anyone interested?

on xbox

Old
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you go bowling. There are 9 normal lanes, and one lane with bright flashing lights and whistles around it. Curious you walk up to the owner and ask about what's the deal with the flashing light lane.

"Oh, that. That's our Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane."

"What's that?" you prod further.

"Well you see, normal bowling is boring. You pay a fee, bowl 12 rounds, and that's it. In Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane, it's much different. You see, each pin is worth 1 point. And each bowl of a ball costs 6 points. Everyone starts off the game with 6 points, or 1 ball. In order to bowl a second ball, you need to get 6 points, or 6 pins. Knock down pins, earn points, buy balls! Don't you see, it makes it exciting!"

"Ummm, but what happens when you run out of points and can't bowl?" you reply, skepticism beginning to rise.

"Well, you have two choices. You can either perform menial and arbitrary tasks, like washing the windows or scrubbing the floors, in order to earn more points. Or you can purchase Ultimate Bowling Xtreme Point Packages! Where you purchase quick point packages to avoid having to do the menial tasks"

"Uhhh, avoid doing the menial tasks?" you grunt.

"Yes, it's quite convenient for those who want the points quickly"

"So basically what you did was develop the game around a point system which systematically requires me to either perform menial tasks for hours, or pay more money?"

"Essentially"

"Then why the hell would anyone play on that lane?"

"It's got FLASHY BRIGHT LIGHTS AND AWESOME WHISTLES. IT'S XTREME"

"I'll take a normal lane"

Now. You in this situation would think anyone playing on the Xtreme lane would be incredibly stupid, no?
No we all just think your a ridulous ********. Guys don't say troll, I was about to get an infraction for it the other day.

And since I am on my phone and don't want to take more space, to the guy who said he was scared to post his team, never be scared. It's how we all started.

Old
06-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Draisaitl
gift of prophecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you go bowling. There are 9 normal lanes, and one lane with bright flashing lights and whistles around it. Curious you walk up to the owner and ask about what's the deal with the flashing light lane.

"Oh, that. That's our Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane."

Now. You in this situation would think anyone playing on the Xtreme lane would be incredibly stupid, no?
I like your bowling example, and I would definitely play on the normal lane and hate about the guys playing/paying on the ultimate lane...But playing on the ultimate lane for free(or even make money), how does that sound? I also think your attitude coming in here is a little bit like going into a brothel, telling us we could have sex for free going to the gay bar around the corner

Old
06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Woytkiw8

Looking for a solid 2nd line PS3.
I have SCE Oshie so far...300k to work with, would rather not spend it all if possible lol. Unless their are studs in that price range.

Old
06-12-2014, 09:36 PM
slashtrey

Got pucks for sale on Xbox, never been cheaper anywhere. FIFA coins as well if needed by anyone

Old
06-12-2014, 10:15 PM
jarleaxel

Changed it up again after dropping out of d1

HL kovalchuk - (c) Gretzky - (a) HL Duchene
Toty kessel - wc Datsyuk - toty kane
Toty sharp - toty teows - HL 92 hossa
Sc pavelski - sc Bergeron - HL j staal

HL 96 pieterangelo - (a) Toty chara
Toty Karlsson - toty suter
Toty weber - sc j Johnson

Rinne - HL Lehtonen

Man, I forgot how much I love Gretzky. Dangle dangle pass boom its in. Kovalchuk is loving him at center. Only thing I plan to do is try and get a lower gp Datsyuk so people stop quiting before puck drop. Think Duchene shows up when dats is out and while he should scare folks, he doesn't.

And to that guy with the boosted misinien, how did that 6 spot taste, lol

Old
06-13-2014, 12:34 PM
CaptainClaude28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarleaxel View Post
Changed it up again after dropping out of d1

HL kovalchuk - (c) Gretzky - (a) HL Duchene
Toty kessel - wc Datsyuk - toty kane
Toty sharp - toty teows - HL 92 hossa
Sc pavelski - sc Bergeron - HL j staal

HL 96 pieterangelo - (a) Toty chara
Toty Karlsson - toty suter
Toty weber - sc j Johnson

Rinne - HL Lehtonen

Man, I forgot how much I love Gretzky. Dangle dangle pass boom its in. Kovalchuk is loving him at center. Only thing I plan to do is try and get a lower gp Datsyuk so people stop quiting before puck drop. Think Duchene shows up when dats is out and while he should scare folks, he doesn't.

And to that guy with the boosted misinien, how did that 6 spot taste, lol
Who quits when they see players like Dats? I think It's entertaining to play against guys with these kind of teams. Well done on building this team, It's very nice.

Quick update, purchased Duchene for cheap (20K) swapped Anderson with Hiller, because Anderson is easily the worst goalie I have ever used. Started with 30K last night, even with the purchase of Duchene I have about 30K right now and may resell later. So, the lines are as follows-

Marleau-Duchene-Sharp(C)
Patches-Spezza(A)-Voracek(A)
Moulson-Tatar(love him)-Pominville
Staal-Vinny-Franzen

Yandle-Girardi
Markov-Shattenkirk
Gorges-Meszaros

Hiller-Holtby

So, I strictly adhered to the advice I received yesterday and picked up Duchene and Shattenkirk. I really like Duchene in the limited games he's played so far, turns on a dime and is perfect for using those cuts to get past guys. Shattenkirks shot is a bit of a dissapointment, but I feel he plays up to par with Mcdonagh who I cut ties with a day or two ago. So, again I pose the question, with 30K in the bank, where do I go from here? Use Duchene for a bit and then resell him for a profit? Sell a couple guys like Duchene and Sharp and get a player near the 90K range?

Old
06-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Iridescent*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
No we all just think your a ridulous ********. Guys don't say troll, I was about to get an infraction for it the other day.

And since I am on my phone and don't want to take more space, to the guy who said he was scared to post his team, never be scared. It's how we all started.
Just trying to spread the gospel.

Old
06-13-2014, 01:06 PM
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woytkiw8 View Post
I have SCE Oshie so far...300k to work with, would rather not spend it all if possible lol. Unless their are studs in that price range.
Idk your team, but try Gaborik-Giroux-Oshie

Old
06-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Ducks Ahoy
PP success loading..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woytkiw8 View Post
I've been using HL Tarasenko - HL Stastny - HL Oshie.

It's not the SCE Oshie, but you could try that out w/ your Oshie. I've been loving that line. Really quick.

Old
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
jarleaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
Who quits when they see players like Dats? I think It's entertaining to play against guys with these kind of teams. Well done on building this team, It's very nice.

Quick update, purchased Duchene for cheap (20K) swapped Anderson with Hiller, because Anderson is easily the worst goalie I have ever used. Started with 30K last night, even with the purchase of Duchene I have about 30K right now and may resell later. So, the lines are as follows-

Marleau-Duchene-Sharp(C)
Patches-Spezza(A)-Voracek(A)
Moulson-Tatar(love him)-Pominville
Staal-Vinny-Franzen

Yandle-Girardi
Markov-Shattenkirk
Gorges-Meszaros

Hiller-Holtby

So, I strictly adhered to the advice I received yesterday and picked up Duchene and Shattenkirk. I really like Duchene in the limited games he's played so far, turns on a dime and is perfect for using those cuts to get past guys. Shattenkirks shot is a bit of a dissapointment, but I feel he plays up to par with Mcdonagh who I cut ties with a day or two ago. So, again I pose the question, with 30K in the bank, where do I go from here? Use Duchene for a bit and then resell him for a profit? Sell a couple guys like Duchene and Sharp and get a player near the 90K range?
I take Duchene for granted until I realize he's racked up more points than teows, kane and Kessel over the similar time period and moved him back to the main line, though I really love him on the off wing over center. Love his speed and agility, and the fact I can sprint to the corner, 45 cut to the front of the net and snipe a snapshot near side high when the tender drops his shoulder with him.

Yeah, had a potg Anderson for a month one week, he's bad.

Might look at buying lower than qs with that 30k, or do some shl for 15k bonuses. Should be able to do some of the 9 player to 15 player collection for under 30k, sell them back for more if you play it right, and turn that 30k into 90 or so without breaking down your roster. The chek league is good to, especially when there's a gold promo as they get dumped cheap by disgusted pack buyers

Old
06-13-2014, 03:52 PM
CaptainClaude28

Quote:
I take Duchene for granted until I realize he's racked up more points than teows, kane and Kessel over the similar time period and moved him back to the main line, though I really love him on the off wing over center. Love his speed and agility, and the fact I can sprint to the corner, 45 cut to the front of the net and snipe a snapshot near side high when the tender drops his shoulder with him.

Yeah, had a potg Anderson for a month one week, he's bad.

Might look at buying lower than qs with that 30k, or do some shl for 15k bonuses. Should be able to do some of the 9 player to 15 player collection for under 30k, sell them back for more if you play it right, and turn that 30k into 90 or so without breaking down your roster. The chek league is good to, especially when there's a gold promo as they get dumped cheap by disgusted pack buyers
I appreciate the input! Yes, POTG or Regular, Anderson is absolute ****.
I don't believe I have done any SHL collections, so what teams do you recommend first? Up to 35K after selling a M.Richards for pretty cheap. As much as I would love to sell Sharp+Duchene and pick up Giroux, that would only hurt my team, I think. Any help with the order of these collections would be much appreciated, I think I'm going to have to fire up the HUT Database

Old
06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
TL12
Cam Barker MVP

vCash: 50
My team, any suggestions?

Gaborik (90) Bergeron (91) (C) Giroux (90)

Sochi Van Riemsdyk (89) - Sochi Kesler (91) (A) - Sochi Pavelski (90)

Sochi Steen (88) - Sochi Ruutu (89) - Sochi Jokinen (87)

Lucic (87) - Krejci (87) - Brown (86)

Suter (93) (A) - Letang (89)

Mcdonagh (88) - HL Hamilton (84)

Bouwmeester (86) - Shattenkirk (86)

Bishop (91)

I want to get either a 91 HL Hall or 90 Milestone Hall, but I'm not sure which one to get

91 HL Hall - 92 Skate, 91 Shot, 92 Hands, 86 Checking, 87 Defence
90 Milestone Hall - 90 Skate, 93 Shot, 94 Hands, 84 Checking, 85 Defence

Also looking to get Keith - Seabrook, and when I do, should Suter - Letang be on my 1st Defensive pairing, or should I put them on the 2nd and put Keith - Seabrook on the 1st Defensive pairing?

Thanks for the help guys!

Old
06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
CaptainClaude28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL12 View Post

Bishop (91)

I want to get either a 91 HL Hall or 90 Milestone Hall, but I'm not sure which one to get

Also looking to get Keith - Seabrook, and when I do, should Suter - Letang be on my 1st Defensive pairing, or should I put them on the 2nd and put Keith - Seabrook on the 1st Defensive pairing?

Have I ever used most of these guys? No sir. But, I've played against them a lot. I have used Seabrook, and Seabrook is similar to Suter in that he can be shutdown defensively. Imo, Letang and Suter is a perfect defensive pairing. Letangs offensive prowess and ability to join the rush makes him a Karlsson lite, and Suter can lock things down. Keep Tang and Suter as your top, and have Keith/Seabrook be a damn good second pairing.

Old
06-13-2014, 05:03 PM
ubercanucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL12 View Post

Bishop (91)

I've never tried the HL Hall, but the MS is like a better Gaborik, faster, better shot and stronger

Old
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
jarleaxel

Guess it's time to clear out the collection. No need to worry about the return bonus. I played a demo of fifa on ps4 today, and I'm in love with the dual shock 4.

Damn, now my xbox controller feels cramped. I forgot how nice my ps2 controller was, and this was like a slipper for comfort.

Best pre order from gamestop and get the most bonus packs

Old
06-13-2014, 08:11 PM
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE

Quote:
Guess it's time to clear out the collection. No need to worry about the return bonus. I played a demo of fifa on ps4 today, and I'm in love with the dual shock 4.

Damn, now my xbox controller feels cramped. I forgot how nice my ps2 controller was, and this was like a slipper for comfort.

Best pre order from gamestop and get the most bonus packs
What does that mean? Your done for the year?

Old
06-13-2014, 11:58 PM
jarleaxel

Quote:
What does that mean? Your done for the year?
Not yet, still want a d1 and elite cup win first, just that I fell in love with the dual shock 4, and will be getting a ps4 before September, mainly because I don't need one before 15 drops as there is nothing I want to play.

The fifa demo was fun, I know nothing about the beautiful game, managed to get one attempt one goal and fail in extra time, get a bunch of yellow cards for slide tackles, and lose 1-0, but not looking to play that, though it looked very pretty

Old
06-14-2014, 01:12 AM
habs1995

God I hate how you outplay a team and you lose... I'm 2-7-1 in my last 10 games and my goalies have all sucked... No goalie has been great for me, my players always miss the net and I still out shoot the other teams... Why do certain players miss the net 75% of the time ?

Any recommendations for goalies? Nothing has worked...

Old
06-14-2014, 09:09 AM
CaptainClaude28

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1995 View Post
God I hate how you outplay a team and you lose... I'm 2-7-1 in my last 10 games and my goalies have all sucked... No goalie has been great for me, my players always miss the net and I still out shoot the other teams... Why do certain players miss the net 75% of the time ?

Any recommendations for goalies? Nothing has worked...
What price range are you looking at? Also, what division are you in? Regardless, avoid Varlamov. He is the worst goalie I've used, save for maybe Craig Anderson. A good, cheap goalie would be Jonas Hiller. If your budget is a bit higher, say 40K and below, try and find a Rask.

Old
06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
habs1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
What price range are you looking at? Also, what division are you in? Regardless, avoid Varlamov. He is the worst goalie I've used, save for maybe Craig Anderson. A good, cheap goalie would be Jonas Hiller. If your budget is a bit higher, say 40K and below, try and find a Rask.
I bounce between D1 and D2. I have Hiller so I'll try him out next game and I'll pick up an Anderson and try him out as well, thank you my friend

Old
06-14-2014, 12:34 PM
jarleaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1995 View Post
I bounce between D1 and D2. I have Hiller so I'll try him out next game and I'll pick up an Anderson and try him out as well, thank you my friend
Don't get Anderson, he's bad. Op suggested he was horrible, and I love playing against him. Rask was his suggestion, I like Rinne, I'm between d1 and d2 myself.

Missing the net. I've noticed that if you try to play too fast, and don't ever shoot from glide. I know if you stop your dead, but you'll get wicked snipes and better accuracy if you briefly center to left stick, which creates a glide state and then let a shot go.

Old
06-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Sharks2015
Rookie User

Looking to rent some collections 1/3 or 2/3 bound back + players. TOTY Palat Collat

Old
06-15-2014, 12:37 PM
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks2015 View Post
Looking to rent some collections 1/3 or 2/3 bound back + players. TOTY Palat Collat
What console?

Old
06-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Draisaitl
gift of prophecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks2015 View Post
#The way you write (low effort for high yield) + your amount of posts makes you extremely trustworthy. TOTY Palat's value is around 10K, so you are looking to borrow European teams at max, arent you?

Quote:
What console?
I just wanted to remind you that in about 12 days time, your whole team/club will belong to me

Too bad teamchange cards have become about the same value as TOTY Palat

Closed Thread