HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HUT Thread, Part 39

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2014, 02:02 PM
  #51
ubercanucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
I'm looking to deal a Zach Parise, anyone interested?

on xbox

ubercanucksfan is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM
  #52
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,643
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you go bowling. There are 9 normal lanes, and one lane with bright flashing lights and whistles around it. Curious you walk up to the owner and ask about what's the deal with the flashing light lane.

"Oh, that. That's our Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane."

"What's that?" you prod further.

"Well you see, normal bowling is boring. You pay a fee, bowl 12 rounds, and that's it. In Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane, it's much different. You see, each pin is worth 1 point. And each bowl of a ball costs 6 points. Everyone starts off the game with 6 points, or 1 ball. In order to bowl a second ball, you need to get 6 points, or 6 pins. Knock down pins, earn points, buy balls! Don't you see, it makes it exciting!"

"Ummm, but what happens when you run out of points and can't bowl?" you reply, skepticism beginning to rise.

"Well, you have two choices. You can either perform menial and arbitrary tasks, like washing the windows or scrubbing the floors, in order to earn more points. Or you can purchase Ultimate Bowling Xtreme Point Packages! Where you purchase quick point packages to avoid having to do the menial tasks"

"Uhhh, avoid doing the menial tasks?" you grunt.

"Yes, it's quite convenient for those who want the points quickly"

"So basically what you did was develop the game around a point system which systematically requires me to either perform menial tasks for hours, or pay more money?"

"Essentially"

"Then why the hell would anyone play on that lane?"

"It's got FLASHY BRIGHT LIGHTS AND AWESOME WHISTLES. IT'S XTREME"

"I'll take a normal lane"


Now. You in this situation would think anyone playing on the Xtreme lane would be incredibly stupid, no?
No we all just think your a ridulous ********. Guys don't say troll, I was about to get an infraction for it the other day.

And since I am on my phone and don't want to take more space, to the guy who said he was scared to post his team, never be scared. It's how we all started.

iFishyHD is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 07:58 PM
  #53
Draisaitl
gift of prophecy
 
Draisaitl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Berlin - PS4/XBOX360
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you go bowling. There are 9 normal lanes, and one lane with bright flashing lights and whistles around it. Curious you walk up to the owner and ask about what's the deal with the flashing light lane.

"Oh, that. That's our Ultimate Bowling Xtreme lane."

...

Now. You in this situation would think anyone playing on the Xtreme lane would be incredibly stupid, no?
I like your bowling example, and I would definitely play on the normal lane and hate about the guys playing/paying on the ultimate lane...But playing on the ultimate lane for free(or even make money), how does that sound? I also think your attitude coming in here is a little bit like going into a brothel, telling us we could have sex for free going to the gay bar around the corner

Draisaitl is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
  #54
Woytkiw8
Registered User
 
Woytkiw8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Looking for a solid 2nd line PS3.
I have SCE Oshie so far...300k to work with, would rather not spend it all if possible lol. Unless their are studs in that price range.

Woytkiw8 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 09:36 PM
  #55
slashtrey
Registered User
 
slashtrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Got pucks for sale on Xbox, never been cheaper anywhere. FIFA coins as well if needed by anyone

slashtrey is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 10:15 PM
  #56
jarleaxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ottawa PS4
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Changed it up again after dropping out of d1

HL kovalchuk - (c) Gretzky - (a) HL Duchene
Toty kessel - wc Datsyuk - toty kane
Toty sharp - toty teows - HL 92 hossa
Sc pavelski - sc Bergeron - HL j staal

HL 96 pieterangelo - (a) Toty chara
Toty Karlsson - toty suter
Toty weber - sc j Johnson

Rinne - HL Lehtonen

Man, I forgot how much I love Gretzky. Dangle dangle pass boom its in. Kovalchuk is loving him at center. Only thing I plan to do is try and get a lower gp Datsyuk so people stop quiting before puck drop. Think Duchene shows up when dats is out and while he should scare folks, he doesn't.

And to that guy with the boosted misinien, how did that 6 spot taste, lol

jarleaxel is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 12:34 PM
  #57
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarleaxel View Post
Changed it up again after dropping out of d1

HL kovalchuk - (c) Gretzky - (a) HL Duchene
Toty kessel - wc Datsyuk - toty kane
Toty sharp - toty teows - HL 92 hossa
Sc pavelski - sc Bergeron - HL j staal

HL 96 pieterangelo - (a) Toty chara
Toty Karlsson - toty suter
Toty weber - sc j Johnson

Rinne - HL Lehtonen

Man, I forgot how much I love Gretzky. Dangle dangle pass boom its in. Kovalchuk is loving him at center. Only thing I plan to do is try and get a lower gp Datsyuk so people stop quiting before puck drop. Think Duchene shows up when dats is out and while he should scare folks, he doesn't.

And to that guy with the boosted misinien, how did that 6 spot taste, lol
Who quits when they see players like Dats? I think It's entertaining to play against guys with these kind of teams. Well done on building this team, It's very nice.


Quick update, purchased Duchene for cheap (20K) swapped Anderson with Hiller, because Anderson is easily the worst goalie I have ever used. Started with 30K last night, even with the purchase of Duchene I have about 30K right now and may resell later. So, the lines are as follows-

Marleau-Duchene-Sharp(C)
Patches-Spezza(A)-Voracek(A)
Moulson-Tatar(love him)-Pominville
Staal-Vinny-Franzen

Yandle-Girardi
Markov-Shattenkirk
Gorges-Meszaros

Hiller-Holtby

So, I strictly adhered to the advice I received yesterday and picked up Duchene and Shattenkirk. I really like Duchene in the limited games he's played so far, turns on a dime and is perfect for using those cuts to get past guys. Shattenkirks shot is a bit of a dissapointment, but I feel he plays up to par with Mcdonagh who I cut ties with a day or two ago. So, again I pose the question, with 30K in the bank, where do I go from here? Use Duchene for a bit and then resell him for a profit? Sell a couple guys like Duchene and Sharp and get a player near the 90K range?

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 12:51 PM
  #58
Iridescent*
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
No we all just think your a ridulous ********. Guys don't say troll, I was about to get an infraction for it the other day.

And since I am on my phone and don't want to take more space, to the guy who said he was scared to post his team, never be scared. It's how we all started.
Just trying to spread the gospel.

Iridescent* is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 01:06 PM
  #59
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,643
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woytkiw8 View Post
Looking for a solid 2nd line PS3.
I have SCE Oshie so far...300k to work with, would rather not spend it all if possible lol. Unless their are studs in that price range.
Idk your team, but try Gaborik-Giroux-Oshie

iFishyHD is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 01:14 PM
  #60
Ducks Ahoy
PP success loading..
 
Ducks Ahoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woytkiw8 View Post
Looking for a solid 2nd line PS3.
I have SCE Oshie so far...300k to work with, would rather not spend it all if possible lol. Unless their are studs in that price range.
I've been using HL Tarasenko - HL Stastny - HL Oshie.

It's not the SCE Oshie, but you could try that out w/ your Oshie. I've been loving that line. Really quick.

Ducks Ahoy is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
  #61
jarleaxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ottawa PS4
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
Who quits when they see players like Dats? I think It's entertaining to play against guys with these kind of teams. Well done on building this team, It's very nice.


Quick update, purchased Duchene for cheap (20K) swapped Anderson with Hiller, because Anderson is easily the worst goalie I have ever used. Started with 30K last night, even with the purchase of Duchene I have about 30K right now and may resell later. So, the lines are as follows-

Marleau-Duchene-Sharp(C)
Patches-Spezza(A)-Voracek(A)
Moulson-Tatar(love him)-Pominville
Staal-Vinny-Franzen

Yandle-Girardi
Markov-Shattenkirk
Gorges-Meszaros

Hiller-Holtby

So, I strictly adhered to the advice I received yesterday and picked up Duchene and Shattenkirk. I really like Duchene in the limited games he's played so far, turns on a dime and is perfect for using those cuts to get past guys. Shattenkirks shot is a bit of a dissapointment, but I feel he plays up to par with Mcdonagh who I cut ties with a day or two ago. So, again I pose the question, with 30K in the bank, where do I go from here? Use Duchene for a bit and then resell him for a profit? Sell a couple guys like Duchene and Sharp and get a player near the 90K range?
I take Duchene for granted until I realize he's racked up more points than teows, kane and Kessel over the similar time period and moved him back to the main line, though I really love him on the off wing over center. Love his speed and agility, and the fact I can sprint to the corner, 45 cut to the front of the net and snipe a snapshot near side high when the tender drops his shoulder with him.

Yeah, had a potg Anderson for a month one week, he's bad.

Might look at buying lower than qs with that 30k, or do some shl for 15k bonuses. Should be able to do some of the 9 player to 15 player collection for under 30k, sell them back for more if you play it right, and turn that 30k into 90 or so without breaking down your roster. The chek league is good to, especially when there's a gold promo as they get dumped cheap by disgusted pack buyers

jarleaxel is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 03:52 PM
  #62
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarleaxel View Post
I take Duchene for granted until I realize he's racked up more points than teows, kane and Kessel over the similar time period and moved him back to the main line, though I really love him on the off wing over center. Love his speed and agility, and the fact I can sprint to the corner, 45 cut to the front of the net and snipe a snapshot near side high when the tender drops his shoulder with him.

Yeah, had a potg Anderson for a month one week, he's bad.

Might look at buying lower than qs with that 30k, or do some shl for 15k bonuses. Should be able to do some of the 9 player to 15 player collection for under 30k, sell them back for more if you play it right, and turn that 30k into 90 or so without breaking down your roster. The chek league is good to, especially when there's a gold promo as they get dumped cheap by disgusted pack buyers
I appreciate the input! Yes, POTG or Regular, Anderson is absolute ****.
I don't believe I have done any SHL collections, so what teams do you recommend first? Up to 35K after selling a M.Richards for pretty cheap. As much as I would love to sell Sharp+Duchene and pick up Giroux, that would only hurt my team, I think. Any help with the order of these collections would be much appreciated, I think I'm going to have to fire up the HUT Database

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
  #63
TL12
Cam Barker MVP
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: Iran
Posts: 554
vCash: 50
My team, any suggestions?

Gaborik (90) Bergeron (91) (C) Giroux (90)

Sochi Van Riemsdyk (89) - Sochi Kesler (91) (A) - Sochi Pavelski (90)

Sochi Steen (88) - Sochi Ruutu (89) - Sochi Jokinen (87)

Lucic (87) - Krejci (87) - Brown (86)


Suter (93) (A) - Letang (89)

Mcdonagh (88) - HL Hamilton (84)

Bouwmeester (86) - Shattenkirk (86)


Bishop (91)


I want to get either a 91 HL Hall or 90 Milestone Hall, but I'm not sure which one to get

91 HL Hall - 92 Skate, 91 Shot, 92 Hands, 86 Checking, 87 Defence
90 Milestone Hall - 90 Skate, 93 Shot, 94 Hands, 84 Checking, 85 Defence

Also looking to get Keith - Seabrook, and when I do, should Suter - Letang be on my 1st Defensive pairing, or should I put them on the 2nd and put Keith - Seabrook on the 1st Defensive pairing?

Thanks for the help guys!

TL12 is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
  #64
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL12 View Post
My team, any suggestions?

Gaborik (90) Bergeron (91) (C) Giroux (90)

Sochi Van Riemsdyk (89) - Sochi Kesler (91) (A) - Sochi Pavelski (90)

Sochi Steen (88) - Sochi Ruutu (89) - Sochi Jokinen (87)

Lucic (87) - Krejci (87) - Brown (86)


Suter (93) (A) - Letang (89)

Mcdonagh (88) - HL Hamilton (84)

Bouwmeester (86) - Shattenkirk (86)


Bishop (91)


I want to get either a 91 HL Hall or 90 Milestone Hall, but I'm not sure which one to get

91 HL Hall - 92 Skate, 91 Shot, 92 Hands, 86 Checking, 87 Defence
90 Milestone Hall - 90 Skate, 93 Shot, 94 Hands, 84 Checking, 85 Defence

Also looking to get Keith - Seabrook, and when I do, should Suter - Letang be on my 1st Defensive pairing, or should I put them on the 2nd and put Keith - Seabrook on the 1st Defensive pairing?

Thanks for the help guys!
Have I ever used most of these guys? No sir. But, I've played against them a lot. I have used Seabrook, and Seabrook is similar to Suter in that he can be shutdown defensively. Imo, Letang and Suter is a perfect defensive pairing. Letangs offensive prowess and ability to join the rush makes him a Karlsson lite, and Suter can lock things down. Keep Tang and Suter as your top, and have Keith/Seabrook be a damn good second pairing.

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 05:03 PM
  #65
ubercanucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL12 View Post
My team, any suggestions?

Gaborik (90) Bergeron (91) (C) Giroux (90)

Sochi Van Riemsdyk (89) - Sochi Kesler (91) (A) - Sochi Pavelski (90)

Sochi Steen (88) - Sochi Ruutu (89) - Sochi Jokinen (87)

Lucic (87) - Krejci (87) - Brown (86)


Suter (93) (A) - Letang (89)

Mcdonagh (88) - HL Hamilton (84)

Bouwmeester (86) - Shattenkirk (86)


Bishop (91)


I want to get either a 91 HL Hall or 90 Milestone Hall, but I'm not sure which one to get

91 HL Hall - 92 Skate, 91 Shot, 92 Hands, 86 Checking, 87 Defence
90 Milestone Hall - 90 Skate, 93 Shot, 94 Hands, 84 Checking, 85 Defence

Also looking to get Keith - Seabrook, and when I do, should Suter - Letang be on my 1st Defensive pairing, or should I put them on the 2nd and put Keith - Seabrook on the 1st Defensive pairing?

Thanks for the help guys!
I've never tried the HL Hall, but the MS is like a better Gaborik, faster, better shot and stronger

ubercanucksfan is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
  #66
jarleaxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ottawa PS4
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Guess it's time to clear out the collection. No need to worry about the return bonus. I played a demo of fifa on ps4 today, and I'm in love with the dual shock 4.

Damn, now my xbox controller feels cramped. I forgot how nice my ps2 controller was, and this was like a slipper for comfort.

Best pre order from gamestop and get the most bonus packs

jarleaxel is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 08:11 PM
  #67
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,643
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarleaxel View Post
Guess it's time to clear out the collection. No need to worry about the return bonus. I played a demo of fifa on ps4 today, and I'm in love with the dual shock 4.

Damn, now my xbox controller feels cramped. I forgot how nice my ps2 controller was, and this was like a slipper for comfort.

Best pre order from gamestop and get the most bonus packs
What does that mean? Your done for the year?

iFishyHD is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 11:58 PM
  #68
jarleaxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ottawa PS4
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
What does that mean? Your done for the year?
Not yet, still want a d1 and elite cup win first, just that I fell in love with the dual shock 4, and will be getting a ps4 before September, mainly because I don't need one before 15 drops as there is nothing I want to play.

The fifa demo was fun, I know nothing about the beautiful game, managed to get one attempt one goal and fail in extra time, get a bunch of yellow cards for slide tackles, and lose 1-0, but not looking to play that, though it looked very pretty

jarleaxel is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 01:12 AM
  #69
habs1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
God I hate how you outplay a team and you lose... I'm 2-7-1 in my last 10 games and my goalies have all sucked... No goalie has been great for me, my players always miss the net and I still out shoot the other teams... Why do certain players miss the net 75% of the time ?

Any recommendations for goalies? Nothing has worked...

habs1995 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 09:09 AM
  #70
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1995 View Post
God I hate how you outplay a team and you lose... I'm 2-7-1 in my last 10 games and my goalies have all sucked... No goalie has been great for me, my players always miss the net and I still out shoot the other teams... Why do certain players miss the net 75% of the time ?

Any recommendations for goalies? Nothing has worked...
What price range are you looking at? Also, what division are you in? Regardless, avoid Varlamov. He is the worst goalie I've used, save for maybe Craig Anderson. A good, cheap goalie would be Jonas Hiller. If your budget is a bit higher, say 40K and below, try and find a Rask.

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
  #71
habs1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
What price range are you looking at? Also, what division are you in? Regardless, avoid Varlamov. He is the worst goalie I've used, save for maybe Craig Anderson. A good, cheap goalie would be Jonas Hiller. If your budget is a bit higher, say 40K and below, try and find a Rask.
I bounce between D1 and D2. I have Hiller so I'll try him out next game and I'll pick up an Anderson and try him out as well, thank you my friend

habs1995 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 12:34 PM
  #72
jarleaxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ottawa PS4
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1995 View Post
I bounce between D1 and D2. I have Hiller so I'll try him out next game and I'll pick up an Anderson and try him out as well, thank you my friend
Don't get Anderson, he's bad. Op suggested he was horrible, and I love playing against him. Rask was his suggestion, I like Rinne, I'm between d1 and d2 myself.

Missing the net. I've noticed that if you try to play too fast, and don't ever shoot from glide. I know if you stop your dead, but you'll get wicked snipes and better accuracy if you briefly center to left stick, which creates a glide state and then let a shot go.

jarleaxel is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 12:31 PM
  #73
Sharks2015
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Looking to rent some collections 1/3 or 2/3 bound back + players. TOTY Palat Collat

Sharks2015 is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 12:37 PM
  #74
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,643
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks2015 View Post
Looking to rent some collections 1/3 or 2/3 bound back + players. TOTY Palat Collat
What console?

iFishyHD is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 12:49 PM
  #75
Draisaitl
gift of prophecy
 
Draisaitl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Berlin - PS4/XBOX360
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks2015 View Post
Looking to rent some collections 1/3 or 2/3 bound back + players. TOTY Palat Collat
#The way you write (low effort for high yield) + your amount of posts makes you extremely trustworthy. TOTY Palat's value is around 10K, so you are looking to borrow European teams at max, arent you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
What console?
I just wanted to remind you that in about 12 days time, your whole team/club will belong to me

Too bad teamchange cards have become about the same value as TOTY Palat

Draisaitl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.