HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League: Hockey is Back!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2014, 01:51 PM
  #1
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,642
vCash: 500
Around The League: Hockey is Back!

Last one hit 1k. Continue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Ok I have to admit, the Rangers have looked alot better then I thought they would, but wow the Kings.

Also, Rick Nash is being Elite Awful at hockey right now. The Rangers got ripped off on that trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
same thing essentially happened with Tortorella after gillis got fired. One thing is coaches are under contract but should be able to ask permission to have other teams inquire about them. I mean who's the last new gm retain the old coach, its happened to be Brian Burke who has done it on two occasions. It is bush league any team who does it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
He's never been the power forward projected to be, he's danny Heatley in disguise, guys who just fade away as the game gets intense. I think the telling fact has been the Rangers 3/4 lines have been there best lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The Oilers will be a good team again.



Whether that be 10 years or 20 years or 30 years from now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
The NHL (or the Oilers) will be dead before that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Problem is he was never as good as Heatley was, Rick Nash's major accomplishment is being so overrated he gets put in a class of player where he has no business being.

The Kings' skill depth isn't there, Dwight King is a meat head, big and strong, no skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I guess we can only hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
I guess I'm going to be getting prepared ahead of time for the Oilers funeral.


Oilers in Seattle in the future?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Kreider is actually 6'2'' 226lbs. He was 200lbs when drafted. Bulked up real good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I actually thought nash has been maybe the best ranger in the SCF so far.

Soli is offline  
Old
06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
  #2
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,389
vCash: 500
I'll agree with Jimmi and say that Rick Nash has nothing on Dany Heatley.

In fact I will go as far as to say it isn't even close. Regular season or playoffs.

Dany Heatley has fallen off the map, largely because his skating has fallen off the map (combination of age and a knee injury I imagne).

But keep in mind that when Heatley was Nash's age he put up a 39 goal, 82 point season. It wasn't until after that which his play started to tank. Sort of like Nash tanked it this year...

Rick Nash has hit 70 points once in his career, 2 40 goal seasons and 1 season 2 away from 40.

By the time Dany Heatley was the age Rick Nash is now he had two 100 point+ seasons. 3 more 80+ point seasons and a 70+ point season to boot. 50 goals twice, 41 goals twice, and 2 more seasons a goal away from 40.

Not to mention Dany Heatley was a PPG+ player in 2 playoff runs (one lengthy run to the Stanley cup finals) and damned close another time. Rick Nash is operating at under 1/2 a PPG clip in the playoffs.

It's insulting to Dany Heatley to compare Rick Nash to him.

Spawn is offline  
Old
06-08-2014, 04:43 PM
  #3
Philly85
Raps'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,681
vCash: 500
Just saw the highlights from last night. How the hell did they count that goal. That was pure goalie interference. If I'm the rangers I'm absolutely livid.

Philly85 is offline  
Old
06-08-2014, 05:00 PM
  #4
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,656
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Just saw the highlights from last night. How the hell did they count that goal. That was pure goalie interference. If I'm the rangers I'm absolutely livid.
They really need to start reviewing what is and what is not goaltender interference.

I also have a feeling if that goal were scored on Quick it would not have counted...

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
06-08-2014, 07:55 PM
  #5
rickyrunfar
Registered User
 
rickyrunfar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Krieder is amazing but his line was so unlucky last night. Just love his powerful combination of speed and strength. I'd trade anyone on the Oilers outside of Hall for him. With him and Nash going that line has to be one of the best in the game.

rickyrunfar is offline  
Old
06-08-2014, 07:59 PM
  #6
rickyrunfar
Registered User
 
rickyrunfar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'll agree with Jimmi and say that Rick Nash has nothing on Dany Heatley.

In fact I will go as far as to say it isn't even close. Regular season or playoffs.

Dany Heatley has fallen off the map, largely because his skating has fallen off the map (combination of age and a knee injury I imagne).

But keep in mind that when Heatley was Nash's age he put up a 39 goal, 82 point season. It wasn't until after that which his play started to tank. Sort of like Nash tanked it this year...

Rick Nash has hit 70 points once in his career, 2 40 goal seasons and 1 season 2 away from 40.

By the time Dany Heatley was the age Rick Nash is now he had two 100 point+ seasons. 3 more 80+ point seasons and a 70+ point season to boot. 50 goals twice, 41 goals twice, and 2 more seasons a goal away from 40.

Not to mention Dany Heatley was a PPG+ player in 2 playoff runs (one lengthy run to the Stanley cup finals) and damned close another time. Rick Nash is operating at under 1/2 a PPG clip in the playoffs.

It's insulting to Dany Heatley to compare Rick Nash to him.
The thing is with Nash is that at least he makes life uncomfortable for the other team. He might lack the toolbox but even though his offense looks like it is drying up he probably has the advantage over Heatley in that he has many years ahead of him as a checking specialist. Heatleys prime was in another world than Nash no doubt and If Heatley had speed he would still be a scary player, but if he can't improve his speed his career outlook looks pretty grim.

rickyrunfar is offline  
Old
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
  #7
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrunfar View Post
The thing is with Nash is that at least he makes life uncomfortable for the other team. He might lack the toolbox but even though his offense looks like it is drying up he probably has the advantage over Heatley in that he has many years ahead of him as a checking specialist. Heatleys prime was in another world than Nash no doubt and If Heatley had speed he would still be a scary player, but if he can't improve his speed his career outlook looks pretty grim.
Once Rick Nash's offense drys up people will start to realize that there is actually zero special about his defensive game. I don't quite know where it all started. It almost seems like a myth perpetuated to justify him being selected to team Canada when he never should have.

Spawn is offline  
Old
06-08-2014, 11:45 PM
  #8
BlowbyBlow
Registered User
 
BlowbyBlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrunfar View Post
Krieder is amazing but his line was so unlucky last night. Just love his powerful combination of speed and strength. I'd trade anyone on the Oilers outside of Hall for him. With him and Nash going that line has to be one of the best in the game.
It so jusifies firing Torts he couldn't get him or Hagelin going.

BlowbyBlow is online now  
Old
06-08-2014, 11:57 PM
  #9
BlowbyBlow
Registered User
 
BlowbyBlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Just saw the highlights from last night. How the hell did they count that goal. That was pure goalie interference. If I'm the rangers I'm absolutely livid.
I want to be unbiased but truth be told defensive players shouldn't push opposing players into their goalie.

For the Rangers fans if every time a screen developed you would throw the opposing player into your goalie or at the net to get a stoppage of play. You rarely ever seen Pronger or those types push players into there own goalie.

For Kings fans, its one of those where the puck was going in regardless i watched the replay from the front and the back, and the puck is in, by the time Dwight king finally falls on Lunqvist, he should have made some attempt to get out of the way it goes to show you Mcdonagh is a great offensive d-man and subpar d-man.

BlowbyBlow is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
  #10
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,901
vCash: 50
Rangers win tonight 4-1.

Fixed to Ruin is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 05:59 PM
  #11
Dorian2
Positional Bias.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 50
Hey OP. You spelled League wrong in the title. I expect a little better from you.


Dorian2 is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
  #12
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hey OP. You spelled League wrong in the title. I expect a little better from you.

I bet you think I'm a bad mooderater too. Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a leauge was?


Last edited by Soli: 06-09-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Soli is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 07:55 PM
  #13
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,750
vCash: 50
Jeff Carter with the buzzer beater.


1-0 LA

1st intermission

oilersfan11 is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
  #14
Philly85
Raps'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,681
vCash: 500
That was a terrible goal to give up, I know it was deflected but still.

Philly85 is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 08:25 PM
  #15
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,656
vCash: 217
Another goal off a Ranger... The Kings just keep getting deflected own goals.

Oh well, this series was over after game 1 so there's no point in watching.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 08:38 PM
  #16
Philly85
Raps'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,681
vCash: 500
Nash just a complaint fail of a player in the playoffs... the antonym of clutch

Rangers are frustrated as all hell. Lots of yawning cages, no puck luck.

Philly85 is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:04 PM
  #17
Aaaaaron
Registered User
 
Aaaaaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
What's up with the one dollar bills on the glass behind Quick?

Aaaaaron is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:19 PM
  #18
iCanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,453
vCash: 400
This is the most boring SCF i can remember in recent years.

iCanada is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:24 PM
  #19
Del Preston
Fire Everyone
 
Del Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,233
vCash: 50
The thread title is going to bug the **** out of me until it's fixed.

Del Preston is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:27 PM
  #20
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,656
vCash: 217
Bettman is probably ******** his pants right now.

"I should've let Chicago win!"

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:33 PM
  #21
iCanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,453
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Bettman is probably ******** his pants right now.

"I should've let Chicago win!"
He should have just put the whistles away in the Montreal/Boston series so the only team in the east that can compete against the west would make the finals.

Alternatively, he should have let the 9th/10th ranked squads in the west get a crossover playoff spot CFL style.

iCanada is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:34 PM
  #22
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,656
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
He should have just put the whistles away in the Montreal/Boston series so the only team in the east that can compete against the west would make the finals.

Alternatively, he should have let the 9th/10th ranked squads in the west get a crossover playoff spot CFL style.
Also an option. Boston is probably the only team that could've competed with anyone who came out of the West.

If Montreal was still in this thing, there wouldn't have been overtime in either of the first two games.

This is precisely why people have been saying the West is far, far better than the East. The Rangers are getting crushed and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:38 PM
  #23
Baby Nilsson
Registered User
 
Baby Nilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
That was a terrible goal to give up, I know it was deflected but still.
Thats what happens when you play so deep in your net

Baby Nilsson is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:42 PM
  #24
iCanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,453
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Also an option. Boston is probably the only team that could've competed with anyone who came out of the West.

If Montreal was still in this thing, there wouldn't have been overtime in either of the first two games.

This is precisely why people have been saying the West is far, far better than the East. The Rangers are getting crushed and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it.
I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if this Ranger team didn't make the playoffs in the west.

Thats how big the disparity is.

The Rags are up a guy, and are hemmed in their own end. lol.

iCanada is offline  
Old
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
  #25
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,389
vCash: 500
This series has certainly been much closer than 3-0.

I'd argue the Rangers were the better team the first 2 games. Heck, they outshot the Kings tonight 2:1 on the evening. Kings had 15 shots total.

There is just something special about this Kings team. Timely goal scoring and timely saves. It's crazy. The Kings are going to win the cup this year and their defensive play has been pretty awful. Quick hasn't been anywhere close to as good as he was on their previous cup run.

But they are scoring 3.5 goals a game. Which is ridiculous.

Spawn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.