HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

"This is the start of a revolution!"

Old
06-09-2014, 01:20 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter1 View Post
But I thought they were the 'good guys'?!

Seems like everyone in America is a good guy with a gun. Guns are good, guys with guns are good guys. Nothing to worry about in this country. Everything's good.
When you've got a culture that's so ****ed up in some aspects for social and individualistic mentality, and then you've got a certain significant % who's potentially likely to commit violence on others, it ultimately doesn't matter a whole lot if there are guns available to do that violence with (other than that guns can make the violence more instantaneous and deadly from a distance),... because many other people will feel that they need weapons to protect themselves from all the potential violence that's around them. It's just become a vicious circle, feeding off itself.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Xelebes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
This is my rifle. . .

Xelebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
And this is my gun!

Vyacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:46 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
But I thought they were the 'good guys'?!

Seems like everyone in America is a good guy with a gun. Guns are good, guys with guns are good guys. Nothing to worry about in this country. Everything's good.
I don't have time to read all this mumbo-jumbo. Summarize it in one word.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Sharpshooter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
These pills, they're a part of it!
Wrong! It's the flouride in the water man, the flouride!

Sharpshooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Sharpshooter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
When you've got a culture that's so ****ed up in some aspects for social and individualistic mentality, and then you've got a certain significant % who's potentially likely to commit violence on others, it ultimately doesn't matter a whole lot if there are guns available to do that violence with (other than that guns can make the violence more instantaneous and deadly from a distance),... because many other people will feel that they need weapons to protect themselves from all the potential violence that's around them. It's just become a vicious circle, feeding off itself.
It's like another poster astutely put it. These pea-brain anti-totalitarian liberty gun nuts are self-fulfiling their own prophecy of a totalitarian police state looking to take away their guns, when in reality it's just common sense regulations like those posted by another poster/mod in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
I don't have time to read all this mumbo-jumbo. Summarize it in one word.
Freedumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
This is my rifle. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
And this is my gun!
And this is my spout. Tip me over and pour me out.

I win.

Old
06-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Don't you mean fluorine?

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
slip

This is for killing

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
What a depressing story

Holy fuck

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

The Chilling Anti-Government, Cliven Bundy-Loving Facebook Posts of the Alleged Las Vegas Shooters

Quote:
The suspects in Sunday's shooting spree in Las Vegas that claimed the lives of two police officers and a shopper were a young married couple who espoused extreme pro-gun and anti-government views on their Facebook pages and who had spent time at the ranch of Cliven Bundy, whose standoff with the federal government made him a cause celebre in the so-called "patriot" movement.

The suspects, who killed themselves at the scene of their shooting rampage, have been identified as Jerad and Amanda Miller.

In a chilling Facebook message published a day before the shootings, Jerad Miller declared, "The dawn of a new day. May all of our coming sacrifices be worth it."

Jerad Miller was eager to support Bundy, who was confronted by federal officials after years of refusing to pay grazing fees. On April 9, he wrote on Facebook:

I will be supporting Clive Bundy and his family from Federal Government slaughter. This is the next Waco! His ranch is under seige right now! The federal gov is stealing his cattle! Arresting his family and beating on them! We must do something. I will be doing something.

During his time on Bundy's ranch, he told a reporter: "I feel sorry for any federal agents that want to come in here and try to push us around or anything like that. I really don't want violence toward them, but if they're gonna come bring violence to us, if that's the language they want to speak, we'll learn it."

Jerad Miller's Facebook "likes" include the NRA, American Patriot Media Network, Support the 2nd Amendment, The Patriot Party, Rand Paul 2016, Ron Paul, the Washington Examiner, Legalize Weed, Draft Judge Andrew Napolitano, the Heritage Foundation, FreedomWorks, American Crossroads, and Allen West.
The insanity continues from there.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Sharpshooter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Don't you mean fluorine?
They put that shit in there too?!

Time to buy a gun and shoot it out of my water Yosemite Sam style. It'll be like shooting water in a barrel.

Anyways, the gubment put that flouride in the water to control us. Maybe it's controlling us in order to buy more guns because they're controlled by the gun lobby in order to make gun makers and dealers more wealthy? Hmm...nah, that's just crazy talk.

Old
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Hey, at least he wanted to legalize weed.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
They put that shit in there too?!

Time to buy a gun and shoot it out of my water Yosemite Sam style. It'll be like shooting water in a barrel.

Anyways, the gubment put that flouride in the water to control us. Maybe it's controlling us in order to buy more guns because they're controlled by the gun lobby in order to make gun makers and dealers more wealthy? Hmm...nah, that's just crazy talk.
They also put chlorine and chloride in there, too. Really, they put everything in there, even caffeine. You know, caffeine is the most deadly out of all those things, yet they put it in your coffee. They're obviously trying to kill us all.

Old
06-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Gee, what a shock. Mr. Crazy Guy was a Ron Paul fan. Ron Paul: (Evidently) Not crazy, but #1 with crazies.

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Sharpshooter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
"I feel sorry for any federal agents that want to come in here and try to push us around or anything like that. I really don't want violence toward them, but if they're gonna come bring violence to us, if that's the language they want to speak, we'll learn it."

Sounds like Blackhawkswincup.

Last edited by Sharpshooter1: 06-09-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Wrong name.
Old
06-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Sharpshooter1

Quote:
They also put chlorine and chloride in there, too. Really, they put everything in there, even caffeine. You know, caffeine is the most deadly out of all those things, yet they put it in your coffee. They're obviously trying to kill us all.
Caffeine in coffee? The gov't has gone too far! What next? Lead in bullets?!

Old
06-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Your gonna be waiting your whole life for that

2nd Amendment is going nowhere

It is sad that people like Ugmo take joy in loss of human life to push political agenda ,, Truly sad
Hypothetical: If the second amendment was validly repealed, would you surrender your guns now that you had no right to keep them?

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Hypothetical: If the second amendment was validly repealed, would you surrender your guns now that you had no right to keep them?
I believe it was actually Metro that said it, but it seems their viewpoint is that, if they got it legally, they're legally allowed to have it.

It's that kind of failure of common sense that makes me reject anyone who insists that common sense is enough to defend their claims.

Old
06-09-2014, 02:51 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Fedora-core to the max.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:51 PM
vwbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Clearly this was a false flag designed to give Nevada authorities carte blanche to trample on the rights of citizens and to ultimately put down the nascent revolution unfolding on Bundy's front stoop.

To borrow a phrase from our venerable former president, these "suiciders" are a clear threat to national security. Perhaps constructing a 20 foot high concrete "security fence" around the sporting goods section in every Walmart in the country will crimp the violent designs of future domestic terrorists? Time to think outside the box.

yes

Or to justify government gun grab.

vwbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I believe it was actually Metro that said it, but it seems their viewpoint is that, if they got it legally, they're legally allowed to have it.

It's that kind of failure of common sense that makes me reject anyone who insists that common sense is enough to defend their claims.
Well, if the second amendment was repealed that would not be the case (although the government may be required to pay for takings of the weapons -- but probably not if they were made illegal).

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 02:54 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:

So, I guess there needs to be inheritance laws then, where people can't inherit weapons from anyone. Then you make the new law now that starting day, in this moment, anyone not having a valid license of a gun(s) they already own there is now a law that no one can legally obtain a gun, unless in the use of law enforcement or the military. It'll take a 60 or 70 years, but eventually no one will have the right to own a gun.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbm View Post
yes

Or to justify government gun grab.

Old
06-09-2014, 03:14 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Jerad Miller's Facebook "likes" include the NRA, American Patriot Media Network, Support the 2nd Amendment, The Patriot Party, Rand Paul 2016, Ron Paul, the Washington Examiner, Legalize Weed, Draft Judge Andrew Napolitano, the Heritage Foundation, FreedomWorks, American Crossroads, and Allen West.

There's the dead giveaway they were crazy extremest.

This is why we need to keep weed illegal.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Xelebes

Quote:
I have to take my pills.

Xelebes is offline   Reply With Quote