HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers at Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
i found the game on the radio during my walk today. I heard Rucinsky's name alot, seemed to play well.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
It's rediculous already. could you imagine if other teams treated their younger players like we do? Jesus, there would be no more hockey players with any talent!
get a grip its a preseason game. two centers didnt play

Old
10-04-2003, 02:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

ugh, we have to play minnesota... hopefully they have their **** together

Old
10-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjking
I think it would have made more sense to play Keefe as the 4th line Center and Lundmark as the 2 line RW.
Sather probably wanted to see what Keefe has. They know where Lundmark will be. This is preseason... its nice to win but thats not the coaches main objective. If this was a regular season game I would agree, but its not.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Cat fan

vCash:
Keefe with Messier

I think Keefe looked quick and he fineshed alot of his checks (a few real good hits) This kid works hard and I think they will play him on the 4th line with Messier and Simon and it will balance out his size , the kid scored a boat load of pts in Junior and the AHL , lets see what he can do playing with Mess .........RANGERS ROLL DICE ON KEEFE

By LARRY BROOKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Archives
Print Reprint

October 4, 2003 -- Maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe the Rangers really came up with someone to be excited about in yesterday's waiver draft. Maybe Sheldon Keefe, the 23- year-old winger the Blueshirts selected from Tampa, will turn into the player he was projected to become when the Lightning selected him in the second round of the 1999 Entry Draft.
Maybe he'll become the player his agent, Dave Frost, likened him to yesterday afternoon. That would be just fine.

"I don't like to compare players, but Sheldon can go to New York and become their Darcy Tucker," Frost told The Post. "That's the kind of guy Sheldon is; gritty, a real pain in the butt to play against, someone who will stand up and be counted for his teammates, and who can be a factor on offense.

"I talked to Sheldon after the waiver draft and I know he's just thrilled to get the chance to play in New York. He's really pumped."

Keefe, who has played parts of three seasons with Tampa, was exposed by the Lightning even though he was exempt under NHL regulations. Just say that he'd had his differences with various incarnations of Tampa management, most memorably when he refused to report to AHL Rochester at the end of his rookie pro 2000-01 season. Just say that he is a reclamation project.

"I think it's fair to call him that," Glen Sather said before last night's preseason match at the Meadowlands. "He probably is that, but it's hard to tell. I haven't had the chance to talk to him."

Keefe, who scored 48 goals while leading the OHL in scoring with 121 points in 1999-2000, has scored 12 goals in 125 NHL matches

Old
10-04-2003, 02:31 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat fan
I think Keefe looked quick and he fineshed alot of his checks (a few real good hits) This kid works hard and I think they will play him on the 4th line with Messier and Simon and it will balance out his size , the kid scored a boat load of pts in Junior and the AHL , lets see what he can do playing with Mess
I hope they don't. He is quick and while he did finish most of his checks, he often finished them on the ground. He looks weak and lacking in size. He was overpowered today and I think he would get killed playing on a grind line.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:39 PM
Cat fan

vCash:
Grind In Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I hope they don't. He is quick and while he did finish most of his checks, he often finished them on the ground. He looks weak and lacking in size. He was overpowered today and I think he would get killed playing on a grind line.
That was his exact role in Tampa 4th line gritty winger , and they made the playoffs. I think the kid will be fine he made an impact with hits today drew a pim from Def Jeff Jillson . Keefe is NOT the first small player to play big he reminds me of Fluery and Tucker.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:43 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat fan
That was his exact role in Tampa 4th line gritty winger , and they made the playoffs. I think the kid will be fine he made an impact with hits today drew a pim from Def Jeff Jillson . Keefe is NOT the first small player to play big he reminds me of Fluery and Tucker.
I don't think he's the reason they made the playoffs. I don't even think the fourth line had anything to do with them making the playoffs. He did draw the penalty but a veteran defenseman doesn't go back at him - again while Keefe is on the ground after making the check - and shove him away. I'm not saying he isn't good I just think playing on a grind line is not what he should be doing and would not be a role he'd thrive with.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:36 PM
dedalus

Well there's one very definite positive: Chris Simon dead last on the team in ice time - as he should be.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

wouldnt read too much into lundmark.

it was a way to keep him fresh but not push it because he is hurting. give him a shift at center and also get some new guys in.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Well there's one very definite positive: Chris Simon dead last on the team in ice time - as he should be.
AMEN to that.

Old
10-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I didn't get to see this game either, so I spent some time lookng at the stat sheets trying to sort the game out. Here's some questions for those who saw the game.

D pairings seemed to have been Poti/deVries, Bobo/Tjutin, Purinton/Bouchard. Correct? Dale and Joel were +1. Interesting battle for the 6th spot in Leetch's abscence. Who get's it on opening night?

Old
10-05-2003, 03:16 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Interesting battle for the 6th spot in Leetch's abscence. Who get's it on opening night?
Good question. I have a gut feeling that Bouchard will be the one to play while Purinton sits. Purinton's play has been less then stellar and there's a reason why Sather picked Bouchard off of waivers. Remember he also tried to sign him in the offseason so he likes what he's brought to the team thus far.

Closed Thread