HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
  #101
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,999
vCash: 500
LAK wins it in LA.

Born in 1909 is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
  #102
ValorJames
Registered User
 
ValorJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lima Peru
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 50
Wow the NYR didn't blow a 2 goal lead

ValorJames is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
  #103
Stive Morgan
See you at the draft
 
Stive Morgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,616
vCash: 172
And we're the only team this playoffs to win a series in a sweep. Obviously we're the best team

Stive Morgan is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
  #104
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Out of the Foxhole
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
Did Stepan cover the puck with his hand?
...yes he did...he brushed it forward the first time but, imo, clearly covered it the second...should have been a penalty shot...

BigDaddyLurch is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:01 PM
  #105
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
Just when you thought MSG's ice couldn't get more shiiiite. Two kings goals stop at the line in that pile of snow. You'd think they need to curl it in.

habtastic is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
  #106
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Just when you thought MSG's ice couldn't get more shiiiite. Two kings goals stop at the line in that pile of snow. You'd think they need to curl it in.
Msg has garbage ice. Worst in the league imo.

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
  #107
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,271
vCash: 500
Holy **** the Rags were so lucky tonight

sharks9 is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:14 PM
  #108
Apoplectic Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Apoplectic Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PraiseMT.FeelBetter?
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,182
vCash: 500
Kinda thought it would go this way.

Still think the kings are going to walk away with it in convincing fashion on home ice.

Rangers won with Lundqvist, a very questionable high stick goal where at first glance puck went in on a downward trajectory from above the bar, add in a potential hand cover in the crease.

Think LA gets lead next game and rolls over the Rags

Apoplectic Habs Fan is offline  
Old
06-11-2014, 10:17 PM
  #109
TassieHab
Registered User
 
TassieHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hobart
Country: Australia
Posts: 431
vCash: 500



Dat dere puck luck.

TassieHab is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 06:04 AM
  #110
Binary Code
How do I change that
 
Binary Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Delirium
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 244
I'm sure LA lost on purpose just so they can win the Cup at the Staples.

Don't worry NYR is too garbage to make a comeback

Binary Code is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 07:00 AM
  #111
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,935
vCash: 500
Brooks Laich's agent, Roly Thompson, would be surprised if his client gets bought out.

"I'll be honest with you, I have not heard one whisper," Thompson said. "This is not because I represent Brooks, it’s just a general statement: He is the glue of the team." Laich has been sidetracked due to groin issues in recent years and would need to pass a physical in order to be bought out. Because the Capitals still have an unused compliance buyout, they could get his entire $4.5 million annual cap hit if they pursued that option. He had just 15 points in 51 contests in 2013-14.

Would be a nice "buy low" option if he was to get bought out. Can play a 2nd or 3rd line role and solid 2 way player.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
  #112
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,375
vCash: 500
If he gets bought out, there will be a lot of teams waiting in line to probably overpay him.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 08:29 AM
  #113
Jrham15
Registered User
 
Jrham15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 539
This series is going as planned. I said before the series Kings in 5 with henrik stealing one game.

Jrham15 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
  #114
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,380
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kings could complain all they want about the high stick goal and the hand over puck in crease costing them the cup last night but looks like they aren't resorting to ranger like excuses.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
  #115
Hackett
BAKAMAN
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,802
vCash: 500
Rangers have done nothing to shake the sense of inevitability regarding this series.

The only eastern team that could have put up a fight with LA was Boston, (and Pittsburgh but that's all potential).

Hackett is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
  #116
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieHab View Post



Dat dere puck luck.
Everywhere _____ !

Never seen that much snow in a crease on the goal line. (...said notable Kings players)

habtastic is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 07:17 PM
  #117
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,456
vCash: 883
Perhaps this is an underrated strategy. While scuffing up crease pile up the snow around the red line. No one will be paying attention when puck is in opposite zone.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 09:59 PM
  #118
Whitesnake
Here we go again!
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 64,561
vCash: 725
What do you think of that Marchand and Boychuk for Marleau rumor?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 10:15 PM
  #119
vokiel
#FireMolgevin
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,005
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Brooks Laich's agent, Roly Thompson, would be surprised if his client gets bought out.

"I'll be honest with you, I have not heard one whisper," Thompson said. "This is not because I represent Brooks, it’s just a general statement: He is the glue of the team." Laich has been sidetracked due to groin issues in recent years and would need to pass a physical in order to be bought out. Because the Capitals still have an unused compliance buyout, they could get his entire $4.5 million annual cap hit if they pursued that option. He had just 15 points in 51 contests in 2013-14.

Would be a nice "buy low" option if he was to get bought out. Can play a 2nd or 3rd line role and solid 2 way player.
Another aging bottom 6? Why? I don't give a damn whether people think someone can play on a 2nd line. We need someone that plays on the top lines all the time, not some cheap plug. We got Brière for the plugging part.

vokiel is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 10:52 PM
  #120
Habssince89
Bandwagon Subban fan
 
Habssince89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What do you think of that Marchand and Boychuk for Marleau rumor?
That'd be great in the long run for us. Marleau is quality, but he's not playing much longer.

However that rumour IMO doesn't seem like it's going to come true

Habssince89 is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 11:18 PM
  #121
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 33,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What do you think of that Marchand and Boychuk for Marleau rumor?
I think the SJ's rumors are pretty crazy. I understand the frustration they must have, and that they're lacking results, but they are in an insane conference where two teams are really above the rest.
However, blowing up their team is the last thing they need. They have a very solid team, they don't need big changes.
Marleau is a big piece for them, and he's still producing in the POs. Marchand has scored 5 goals in his last 41 PO games. He's a 55ish pt player that is a big character to contain from a coach's perspective. Moving Marleau for him seems like a step back.
Adding Boychuk to the mix is interesting, but not enough imo. I wouldn't like that trade if I was a Sharks fan.
Just put Burns back on defense, and make a push for a different winger. Nieto was an interesting rookie, Hertl was amazing. These two kids will likely add some offense. They would round up their top 6 nicely.
Havlat will likely be bought out, perhaps they can add some depth off free agency.


But I wouldn't be looking to move Marleau or Thornton. If they did go that route, then I'd want some very good youngsters. Marchand-Boychuk don't fit that mold.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
  #122
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 33,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Kinda thought it would go this way.

Still think the kings are going to walk away with it in convincing fashion on home ice.

Rangers won with Lundqvist, a very questionable high stick goal where at first glance puck went in on a downward trajectory from above the bar, add in a potential hand cover in the crease.

Think LA gets lead next game and rolls over the Rags
It was a high stick imo, I can't believe they didn't review it. The hand on the puck in the crease was trickier, but it did seem like he directed the puck under the goalie and keeps his hand there. You could easily have attributed a penalty shot there.

Let's not forget that Lundqvist was lucky to have snow prevent pucks from going in behind him while he remained clueless twice.

I don't see how NYR wins again unless they get massive luck.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 02:23 AM
  #123
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What do you think of that Marchand and Boychuk for Marleau rumor?
Bruins are gonna have to find a replacement for Johnny because you got old man chara, kid Hamilton, Kruger who's defended is lacking and bunch of below average rookies

Forgot seidenberg. That's not a great looking d...

But I honestly believe chia is no longer amused by Marchand's ******** so it wouldn't surprise me if he's traded sooner than later

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 03:52 AM
  #124
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think the SJ's rumors are pretty crazy. I understand the frustration they must have, and that they're lacking results, but they are in an insane conference where two teams are really above the rest.
However, blowing up their team is the last thing they need. They have a very solid team, they don't need big changes.
Marleau is a big piece for them, and he's still producing in the POs. Marchand has scored 5 goals in his last 41 PO games. He's a 55ish pt player that is a big character to contain from a coach's perspective. Moving Marleau for him seems like a step back.
Adding Boychuk to the mix is interesting, but not enough imo. I wouldn't like that trade if I was a Sharks fan.
Just put Burns back on defense, and make a push for a different winger. Nieto was an interesting rookie, Hertl was amazing. These two kids will likely add some offense. They would round up their top 6 nicely.
Havlat will likely be bought out, perhaps they can add some depth off free agency.


But I wouldn't be looking to move Marleau or Thornton. If they did go that route, then I'd want some very good youngsters. Marchand-Boychuk don't fit that mold.
while I agree with pretty much everything you said, I'd still try to trade Marleau or Thornton, they've been trying with more or less the same core for a while, at some point they may want to hit the restart button.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
06-13-2014, 04:59 AM
  #125
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
Let's say Vlasic doesn't get injured in that series with the Sharks up 3-0. Possible that it's the Sharks who are winning the Cup right now?

It comes down to the smallest of details and as suggested above, changing a good thing due to bad luck is not a great strategy. They have the guys to win it -- they just have bad luck. Not unlike us losing Price. Changed our fate. (For that round.)

I know everyone thinks our team sucks and we had no business being where we were (which is bs considering we now had all the important guys healthy, even if that includes Gorges). But we can contend every year for the Cup final IMO (as can many other teams), it's more about trending upward so that we get the job done when the time comes. Sharks, they're already in that position.

I would love that trade to go through though cuz Boychuk is a POS, but a good D man and breaking the Boston D more and more is what will make us a better team than them. And yeah, Marleau is terrific, but I don't see him playing that much longer. Rumour is a rumour though.

habtastic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.