HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXXV

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
LAK wins it in LA.

Old
ValorJames

vCash: 50
Wow the NYR didn't blow a 2 goal lead

Old
Stive Morgan
See you at the draft

vCash: 172
And we're the only team this playoffs to win a series in a sweep. Obviously we're the best team

Old
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
Did Stepan cover the puck with his hand?
...yes he did...he brushed it forward the first time but, imo, clearly covered it the second...should have been a penalty shot...

Old
06-11-2014, 10:01 PM
habtastic

Just when you thought MSG's ice couldn't get more shiiiite. Two kings goals stop at the line in that pile of snow. You'd think they need to curl it in.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Just when you thought MSG's ice couldn't get more shiiiite. Two kings goals stop at the line in that pile of snow. You'd think they need to curl it in.
Msg has garbage ice. Worst in the league imo.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
sharks9

Holy **** the Rags were so lucky tonight

Old
06-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Kinda thought it would go this way.

Still think the kings are going to walk away with it in convincing fashion on home ice.

Rangers won with Lundqvist, a very questionable high stick goal where at first glance puck went in on a downward trajectory from above the bar, add in a potential hand cover in the crease.

Think LA gets lead next game and rolls over the Rags

Old
06-11-2014, 10:17 PM
TassieHab

Dat dere puck luck.

Old
06-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Binary Code
How do I change that

vCash: 244
I'm sure LA lost on purpose just so they can win the Cup at the Staples.

Don't worry NYR is too garbage to make a comeback

Old
06-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Brooks Laich's agent, Roly Thompson, would be surprised if his client gets bought out.

"I'll be honest with you, I have not heard one whisper," Thompson said. "This is not because I represent Brooks, it’s just a general statement: He is the glue of the team." Laich has been sidetracked due to groin issues in recent years and would need to pass a physical in order to be bought out. Because the Capitals still have an unused compliance buyout, they could get his entire $4.5 million annual cap hit if they pursued that option. He had just 15 points in 51 contests in 2013-14.

Would be a nice "buy low" option if he was to get bought out. Can play a 2nd or 3rd line role and solid 2 way player.

Old
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
hockeyfan2k11

If he gets bought out, there will be a lot of teams waiting in line to probably overpay him.

Old
06-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
This series is going as planned. I said before the series Kings in 5 with henrik stealing one game.

Old
06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kings could complain all they want about the high stick goal and the hand over puck in crease costing them the cup last night but looks like they aren't resorting to ranger like excuses.

Old
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

Rangers have done nothing to shake the sense of inevitability regarding this series.

The only eastern team that could have put up a fight with LA was Boston, (and Pittsburgh but that's all potential).

Old
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieHab View Post

Dat dere puck luck.
Everywhere _____ !

Never seen that much snow in a crease on the goal line. (...said notable Kings players)

Old
06-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Perhaps this is an underrated strategy. While scuffing up crease pile up the snow around the red line. No one will be paying attention when puck is in opposite zone.

Old
06-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
What do you think of that Marchand and Boychuk for Marleau rumor?

Old
06-12-2014, 10:15 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Brooks Laich's agent, Roly Thompson, would be surprised if his client gets bought out.

"I'll be honest with you, I have not heard one whisper," Thompson said. "This is not because I represent Brooks, it’s just a general statement: He is the glue of the team." Laich has been sidetracked due to groin issues in recent years and would need to pass a physical in order to be bought out. Because the Capitals still have an unused compliance buyout, they could get his entire $4.5 million annual cap hit if they pursued that option. He had just 15 points in 51 contests in 2013-14.

Would be a nice "buy low" option if he was to get bought out. Can play a 2nd or 3rd line role and solid 2 way player.
Another aging bottom 6? Why? I don't give a damn whether people think someone can play on a 2nd line. We need someone that plays on the top lines all the time, not some cheap plug. We got Brière for the plugging part.

Old
06-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Habssince89
Bandwagon Subban fan

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That'd be great in the long run for us. Marleau is quality, but he's not playing much longer.

However that rumour IMO doesn't seem like it's going to come true

Old
06-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I think the SJ's rumors are pretty crazy. I understand the frustration they must have, and that they're lacking results, but they are in an insane conference where two teams are really above the rest.
However, blowing up their team is the last thing they need. They have a very solid team, they don't need big changes.
Marleau is a big piece for them, and he's still producing in the POs. Marchand has scored 5 goals in his last 41 PO games. He's a 55ish pt player that is a big character to contain from a coach's perspective. Moving Marleau for him seems like a step back.
Adding Boychuk to the mix is interesting, but not enough imo. I wouldn't like that trade if I was a Sharks fan.
Just put Burns back on defense, and make a push for a different winger. Nieto was an interesting rookie, Hertl was amazing. These two kids will likely add some offense. They would round up their top 6 nicely.
Havlat will likely be bought out, perhaps they can add some depth off free agency.

But I wouldn't be looking to move Marleau or Thornton. If they did go that route, then I'd want some very good youngsters. Marchand-Boychuk don't fit that mold.

Old
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Kinda thought it would go this way.

Still think the kings are going to walk away with it in convincing fashion on home ice.

Rangers won with Lundqvist, a very questionable high stick goal where at first glance puck went in on a downward trajectory from above the bar, add in a potential hand cover in the crease.

Think LA gets lead next game and rolls over the Rags
It was a high stick imo, I can't believe they didn't review it. The hand on the puck in the crease was trickier, but it did seem like he directed the puck under the goalie and keeps his hand there. You could easily have attributed a penalty shot there.

Let's not forget that Lundqvist was lucky to have snow prevent pucks from going in behind him while he remained clueless twice.

I don't see how NYR wins again unless they get massive luck.

Old
06-13-2014, 02:23 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Bruins are gonna have to find a replacement for Johnny because you got old man chara, kid Hamilton, Kruger who's defended is lacking and bunch of below average rookies

Forgot seidenberg. That's not a great looking d...

But I honestly believe chia is no longer amused by Marchand's ******** so it wouldn't surprise me if he's traded sooner than later

Old
06-13-2014, 03:52 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think the SJ's rumors are pretty crazy. I understand the frustration they must have, and that they're lacking results, but they are in an insane conference where two teams are really above the rest.
However, blowing up their team is the last thing they need. They have a very solid team, they don't need big changes.
Marleau is a big piece for them, and he's still producing in the POs. Marchand has scored 5 goals in his last 41 PO games. He's a 55ish pt player that is a big character to contain from a coach's perspective. Moving Marleau for him seems like a step back.
Adding Boychuk to the mix is interesting, but not enough imo. I wouldn't like that trade if I was a Sharks fan.
Just put Burns back on defense, and make a push for a different winger. Nieto was an interesting rookie, Hertl was amazing. These two kids will likely add some offense. They would round up their top 6 nicely.
Havlat will likely be bought out, perhaps they can add some depth off free agency.

But I wouldn't be looking to move Marleau or Thornton. If they did go that route, then I'd want some very good youngsters. Marchand-Boychuk don't fit that mold.
while I agree with pretty much everything you said, I'd still try to trade Marleau or Thornton, they've been trying with more or less the same core for a while, at some point they may want to hit the restart button.

Old
06-13-2014, 04:59 AM
habtastic

Let's say Vlasic doesn't get injured in that series with the Sharks up 3-0. Possible that it's the Sharks who are winning the Cup right now?

It comes down to the smallest of details and as suggested above, changing a good thing due to bad luck is not a great strategy. They have the guys to win it -- they just have bad luck. Not unlike us losing Price. Changed our fate. (For that round.)

I know everyone thinks our team sucks and we had no business being where we were (which is bs considering we now had all the important guys healthy, even if that includes Gorges). But we can contend every year for the Cup final IMO (as can many other teams), it's more about trending upward so that we get the job done when the time comes. Sharks, they're already in that position.

I would love that trade to go through though cuz Boychuk is a POS, but a good D man and breaking the Boston D more and more is what will make us a better team than them. And yeah, Marleau is terrific, but I don't see him playing that much longer. Rumour is a rumour though.

Closed Thread