HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Make Roster Moves, Team ALMOST Set:

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 04:32 PM
MOOSE55

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
First I'd like to thank KPD for the support. Next I'll officially appoligize for getting a little heated to everybody in this forum. Jfont......I know willie is from Ontario as well myself......maybe you should read my post before you give me a speech. Never did I say Willie wasn't a fan because he's from Ontario.....what I met to say was willie's points sound alot like a leaf fan perspective.......every day I listen to leaf fans complain about the same stuff that Willie is complaining about.....I'm surrounded by leaf fans .........maybe you should take a good look at some of Willie's retorts to other king fans posts before you tell me to respect other people's opinions......I have no dislike for Willie or yourself but like you and KPD said respect other people's opinions and if you want respect then respect has to be given......this is my last reply to this thread for I don't wanna cause anymore conflict.......once again I appologize for getting hotheaded, and being a frontrunner in this conflict.

Old
10-05-2003, 04:51 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
i was not critiquing his opinion of the team...i was criticizing an uncalled for attack on willie...maybe you should read it again...
Don't sweat it Jfont, I have seen nothing too heated in this thread.

Thing is, some people react at criticism of management in the same fashion as others react at criticisms of governments...

Quote:
Willie you sound like a leaf fan......want,want,want without looking at the whole picture
How am I being unreasonable?

Because I want just ONE veteran defenseman who can help shore up our defense? How is that "want want want"?

Honestly, if you can't see the looming problems in the backend then you lack any objectivity.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Can you guys give me some information on Eric Belanger and what you expect from him this season? Any insight would be appreciated.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:17 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE55
First I'd like to thank KPD for the support. Next I'll officially appoligize for getting a little heated to everybody in this forum. Jfont......I know willie is from Ontario as well myself......maybe you should read my post before you give me a speech. Never did I say Willie wasn't a fan because he's from Ontario.....what I met to say was willie's points sound alot like a leaf fan perspective.......every day I listen to leaf fans complain about the same stuff that Willie is complaining about.....I'm surrounded by leaf fans .........maybe you should take a good look at some of Willie's retorts to other king fans posts before you tell me to respect other people's opinions......I have no dislike for Willie or yourself but like you and KPD said respect other people's opinions and if you want respect then respect has to be given......this is my last reply to this thread for I don't wanna cause anymore conflict.......once again I appologize for getting hotheaded, and being a frontrunner in this conflict.
and i'd like to say i apologize if i offended you with my post as well...

this will be my last post in this thread...

10-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Brodie562

I agree with Wille, we do need one more defenseman. Someone like Klee, or McKee might have been nice to get.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:27 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov47
Can you guys give me some information on Eric Belanger and what you expect from him this season? Any insight would be appreciated.
He is playing on a checking line with Avery and Laperriere.

Offensively, I think 15G & 20A would be realistic.

He should also bring top notch faceoff skills, play on the PK, solid two way game etc. The various attributes we are accustomed to seeing Eric add to the club.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:40 PM
GoKingsGo28

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Oleg Tverdovsky
Season Team ------ GP - G - A - TP PIM -+/- - PP SHG
Age 16 SOVC ------ 21 - 0 -- 1 - 1 -- 6 - 0 - 0 -- 0
Age 17 SOVC ------ 46 - 4 -- 1 -- 0 -- 1 -- 4 - 2 --- 2
Age 18 ANAH ------ 36 - 3 -- 9 12 - 14 - 6 - 1 --- 1
Age 19 BRAW ------- 7 - 1 -- 4 - 5 --- 4 - 0 - 0 --- 0
Age 20 WINN ------ 31 - 0 -- 8 - 8 --- 6 - 7 - 0 -- 0
-------- ANAH ------ 51 - 7 - 15 22 - 35 - 0 - 2 --- 0
Age 21 PHOE ------ 82 10 - 45 55 - 30 - 5 - 3 --- 1

Alexei Zhitnik
Season - Team ------ GP - G -- A - TP PIM -+/- -- PP SHG
Age 19 -- CSKA ------ 44 --- 2 -- 7 --- 9 -- 52 -(0) -- 0 -- 0
Age 20 -- LOSA ------ 78 -- 12 - 36 -- 48 -- 80 -(-3) -- 5 -- 0
Age 21 -- LOSA ------ 81 -- 12 - 40 -- 52 - 101 (-11) - 11 -- 0

Roman Hamrlik
Age 20 -- TAMP ------ 48 - 12 -- 11 -- 23 -- 86 (-18) -- 7 -- 1
Age 21 - TAMP ------ 82 - 16 -- 49 -- 65 - 103 (-24) - 12 -- 0

Calle Johansson
Age 19 - BJOR ------ 30 -- 2 -- 13 -- 15 - 20 (0) --- 0 -- 0
Age 20 - BUFF ------ 71 -- 4 -- 38 -- 42 -- 37 (12) --- 2 -- 0
Age 21 - BUFF ------ 47 -- 2 -- 11 -- 13 -- 33 (-7) --- 0 -- 0

Tomas Kaberle
Age 19 - POLD ------ 47 - 4 - 19 - 23 - 12 (0) --- 0 - 0
Age 20 - TORO ------ 57 - 4 - 18 - 22 - 12 (3) --- 0 - 0
Age 21 -- TORO ------ 82 - 7 - 33 - 40 - 24 (3) --- 2 - 0

Janne Niinimaa
Age 20 - JOKE ------ 49 - 5 - 15 - 20 -- 79 -(0) --- 0 -- 0
Age 21 -- PHIL ------ 77 - 4 - 40 - 44 -- 58 (12) --- 1 -- 0
Age 22 -- PHIL ------ 66 - 3 - 31 - 34 -- 56 (6) --- 2 -- 0

And imagine if the cold war had ended sooner and a guy like Fetisov would have come here earlier.

I'd say Grebeshkov is slightly more advanced a player than some of these guys were at the same age based on stats from Russia and the teams he's played on there... I see your point about having too much youth on a team and agree with it, but frankly, we're in a cost cutting age in the NHL on a cost cutting team (at least at this point they are). I give Grebeshkov as good a shot as any of the "on the bubble" kids of making this team. Hell, you might find out this guy's a HELLUVA PP QB!!! Ya never know till ya take a long look at him.
That was a post way back in a thread calle "What if." I forgot about Grebeshkov. He looked really good last game. I think he can step up and play. Like I said, I dont think we need another defenseman.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562
I agree with Wille, we do need one more defenseman. Someone like Klee, or McKee might have been nice to get.
How about Yushkevich!

Old
10-07-2003, 06:37 AM
Puckhandler

vCash:
LA team

I agree with willie on the d-man subject. Taylor had all summer to grab one on the market knowing it was a weakness on the team. Why waiting to loose a few games before moving? This could make the difference between a 5th place and failing to make the playoffs!

Old
10-07-2003, 06:41 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhandler
I agree with willie on the d-man subject. Taylor had all summer to grab one on the market knowing it was a weakness on the team. Why waiting to loose a few games before moving? This could make the difference between a 5th place and failing to make the playoffs!
I am sure DT made some phone calls. The other teams were probably asking for too much in return.
I do agree we need a D-man though. Unless Corvo and Gleason have Norris Trophy caliber years we are in deep trouble

Old
10-07-2003, 06:51 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

our defense isn't as bad as u guys say it is.

modry, lubo, corvo, miller, norstrom are all decently solid.

the only real question mark is the #6. since we have so many defensemen fighting for that position, we can rely on the fact that if one doenst make it, another may. zizka (did well in his second stint), gleason (potential), grebs (potential), strbak (possible) all may fit the role pretty well.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Face Wash

One thing I will say in AM and DT's defense (not that we're attacking them or they need me to defend them) but AM gets more from less in regards to his defensemen than just about ANY coach in the league.

The defense corp as is, with Miller healthy will suffice in my view if AM continues to improve his young defensemen as he's been able to do since taking over here in LA.

I myself am not too nervous about.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:15 AM
guzmania

[/QUOTE] Unless Corvo and Gleason have Norris Trophy caliber years we are in deep trouble[/QUOTE]

This might be petty quibbling but...

It would be sweet to have one of our established defensemen to have a Norris trophy caliber year. But to ask 2 young guys to have that kind of a year is asking way too much. Solid learning curve years for both young men will be sufficient for a very solid defensive corps. If we had been blown out, even once, with the guys we threw out there during the pre-season, maybe I'd be more suspicious that did not happen. Who knows? We might be weak as we can be on the D, but I am not ready to say the sky is falling yet.

Which team in recent history has had 2 Norris trophy candidates? Maybe Blake and Borque, Pronger and Suter? Thoughts?

Old
10-07-2003, 09:19 AM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Unless Corvo and Gleason have Norris Trophy caliber years we are in deep trouble

It would be sweet to have one of our established defensemen to have a Norris trophy caliber year. But to ask 2 young guys to have that kind of a year is asking way too much. Solid learning curve years for both young men will be sufficient for a very solid defensive corps. If we had been blown out, even once, with the guys we threw out there during the pre-season, maybe I'd be more suspicious that did not happen. Who knows? We might be weak as we can be on the D, but I am not ready to say the sky is falling yet.

Which team in recent history has had 2 Norris trophy candidates? Maybe Blake and Borque, Pronger and Suter? Thoughts?

Old
10-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
It would be sweet to have one of our established defensemen to have a Norris trophy caliber year. But to ask 2 young guys to have that kind of a year is asking way too much. Solid learning curve years for both young men will be sufficient for a very solid defensive corps.
Which is exactly why we should acquire another d-man

Old
10-07-2003, 10:58 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Which is exactly why we should acquire another d-man
*cough*simpson*cough*

Old
10-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Brodie562

What about Berard? TSN

Old
10-07-2003, 07:29 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562
What about Berard? TSN
he's not exactly known for his defense though, is he? power play types we have. guys who can play solidly in their own end we're short on.

Closed Thread