HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vincent Lecavalier in play/Has NMC

Old
06-16-2014, 10:05 PM
sharpeye97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No they aren't interested in a declining star signed 4 more years

Vinny's last 6 years

67 pts (-9)
70 pts (-16)
54 pts (-5)
49 pts (-2)
32 pts (-5)
37 pts (-16)

He has also missed time in last 4 years

If it helps, that 32 pt season was in 39 games

I think the recent EDM rumors make more sense, Coburn and Lecavalier for either Marincin or Klefbom.

But if he goes to NSH it will most likely be for Stalberg.

sharpeye97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:10 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Plekanec for Lecavalier and a pick, and Philly retains salary.
Wouldn't even do that as a Habs fan.We want no part of Vinny.He's the Flyers problem.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpeye97 View Post

I think the recent EDM rumors make more sense, Coburn and Lecavalier for either Marincin or Klefbom.

Coburn is worth more than both of them together. It doesn't make sense.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:12 PM
sharpeye97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
Coburn is worth more than both of them together. It doesn't make sense.
Did you add Vinny's salary dump into that equation?

Yes Coburn is worth much more, to rid a team of such an awful contract is a big negative.

Old
06-16-2014, 10:16 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:

Yes Coburn is worth much more, to rid a team of such an awful contract is a big negative.
There should be teams willing to trade a 4th for Lecavalier. There is absolutely no reason to package him with Coburn.

And if I may add, Lecavalier's pace his previous three seasons before this one were 68, 63, and 67 points. The guy is not exactly a cadaver. He had a bad year, but he's not useless if he's in a situation where he fits.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Tripod

Quote:

Philly will not give away their best dman just to get rid if Vinny's salary. What is wrong with people?

And can I say this. There are 180 players on the 1st 2 lines of the 30 teams. Vinny finished 147th. So even after all the turmoil of damn near breaking his back, then trying to learn to play LW(unsuccessful) and then moved to 4th line duties, he STILL put up 2nd line production.

He had the same points as Kreider in only 3 more games
He would have been #2 on a Florida in scoring playing 9 less games than Bjust.
Foligno and Backlund "broke out" and yet beat him by 2 points

Only on HF is A player producing as a 2nd liner deemed useless.

Last edited by Tripod: 06-16-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:23 PM
sharpeye97

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
There should be teams willing to trade a 4th for Lecavalier. There is absolutely no reason to package him with Coburn.

And if I may add, Lecavalier's pace his previous three seasons before this one were 68, 63, and 67 points. The guy is not exactly a cadaver. He had a bad year, but he's not useless if he's in a situation where he fits.
I don't think there are many teams willing to take that salary in this era. I loved Vinny at certain times of this year and I know it hurt playing out of position and coming off an injury but teams don't want that risk. If he his packaged with a good Dman then the Flyers have a better chance of moving him. I mean moving him for a 4th works in NHL 14 but not when many teams are pressed against the salary cap. Also, teams not pressed against the cap don't want to invest 4 years of not allowing their younger talent to have sufficient ice time while paying $4.5 million a year.

I've been a Flyers fan for all but 7 years of my life and I like having Coburn but the Hextall era is here and he will do a lot anything to move the Homer contracts.

Old
06-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider

Quote:
I don't think there are many teams willing to take that salary in this era. I loved Vinny at certain times of this year and I know it hurt playing out of position and coming off an injury but teams don't want that risk. If he his packaged with a good Dman then the Flyers have a better chance of moving him. I mean moving him for a 4th works in NHL 14 but not when many teams are pressed against the salary cap. Also, teams not pressed against the cap don't want to invest 4 years of not allowing their younger talent to have sufficient ice time while paying $4.5 million a year.

I've been a Flyers fan for all but 7 years of my life and I like having Coburn but the Hextall era is here and he will do a lot anything to move the Homer contracts.
Coburn is their only top pairing defenseman on the team, he won't be moved because he was a Homer contract and he won't be moved just so they can dump Vinny.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:38 PM
DFC

Quote:

Can't see this particular guy waiving for Edmonton.

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
He had the same points as Kreider in only 3 more games
He would have been #2 on a Florida in scoring playing 9 less games than Bjust.
Foligno and Backlund "broke out" and yet beat him by 2 points

Only on HF is A player producing as a 2nd liner deemed useless.
The exact same rundown can be applied to Gagner. Unfortunately he gets the same treatment (not that I think he has much value, but certainly not negative).

As for the Klefbom/Marincin rumour, I agree that I can't see Philly wanting any part of that. If Vinny would waive for us, I'd be interested if the price was right. If Philly wants a cheap option for 12/13th forward, Mark Arcobello makes league minimum and can actually play. He got caught in a numbers game where he was the better option most nights, but lost out to Joenssu/Gazdic/Jones because our team is too small up front. I think he'd do well in Philly as a 4th liner/13th forward. Again, this is if Philly is desperate to shed Lecavalier's contract.

Arco + CBJ 5th?

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote