HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal will not sign Vanek

Old
06-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Le CH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
Cut & paste the Gaborik contract with a higher AVV because it's MTL and the taxes.

$5.8per/7 years.
Sure but didn't he turn down a 7 year, $50M offer? Do you really think he's going to accept this offer from the Habs because of Gaborik's contract?

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 08:08 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
Sure but didn't he turn down a 7 year, $50M offer? Do you really think he's going to accept this offer from the Habs because of Gaborik's contract?
Probably not, but Gaborik didn't do his union brethren any favours today...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
That deal was offered to Vanek what, like 3 months after he got there? On a bottom team that has been going nowhere for quite some time and plays in a dead building. An organization that hasn't attracted main free agents in how long???
It's not sunny beautiful LA on a contender team.

Montreal has had its share of problems, but we have major history. On a good team with potential, it is the most storied franchise, and it's also a great city. The set back is the coach. Vanek didn't seem happy with his usage.

Vanek is also going into free agency knowing he was just traded twice in a year, and had a rather mediocre PO. I guess he'll know the interest he generated during this week as teams as free to talk to him now.

Not saying he'll come back here and won't sign a big deal elsewhere. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he did agree to a similar deal to that of Gab.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That deal was offered to Vanek what, like 3 months after he got there? On a bottom team that has been going nowhere for quite some time and plays in a dead building. An organization that hasn't attracted main free agents in how long???
It's not sunny beautiful LA on a contender team.

Montreal has had its share of problems, but we have major history. On a good team with potential, it is the most storied franchise, and it's also a great city. The set back is the coach. Vanek didn't seem happy with his usage.

Vanek is also going into free agency knowing he was just traded twice in a year, and had a rather mediocre PO. I guess he'll know the interest he generated during this week as teams as free to talk to him now.

Not saying he'll come back here and won't sign a big deal elsewhere. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he did agree to a similar deal to that of Gab.
The alternative is to crawl back to Garth snow he will still have his silly offer on the table.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The alternative is to crawl back to Garth snow he will still have his silly offer on the table.
I don't think Vanek wants to go to a dead market. Although I do believe things will be better once they move to Brooklyn the following year. That team is still being ran poorly. Not sure Vanek wants this.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 09:47 PM
FazChenyuk

I would like him back even though he wasnt dominant in the playoffs. I think he will better next year as his head didnt look into it. Traded 2 times, almost 20 playoffs games, this is so overwhelming mentally.

His talent is undeniable, a big RW that can score and pass will make this team much better.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
If Minnesota is really looking at Stastny, they likely wouldn't have the capspace left over for Vanek, unless he takes a major deal.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 10:49 PM
macavoy

JFC who actually thinks Gio would get $3m?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 10:51 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
I would like him back even though he wasnt dominant in the playoffs. I think he will better next year as his head didnt look into it. Traded 2 times, almost 20 playoffs games, this is so overwhelming mentally.

His talent is undeniable, a big RW that can score and pass will make this team much better.
After the playoffs he had? The city and fan base will burn him in effigy the instant he slumps. The Vanek ship has sailed dude...

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 10:52 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think Vanek wants to go to a dead market. Although I do believe things will be better once they move to Brooklyn the following year. That team is still being ran poorly. Not sure Vanek wants this.
Vanek wants money. When the Isles made him his offer, he seen bigger dollar signs. He seen that he was traded for top end talent and draft picks MONTHS before the deadline. He visioned cashing in bigtime come UFA season.

Vanek don't care about a dead market, he signed an offer sheet for Edmonton and played the last 7 years in lolBuffalo.

He likes a dead market if it means a big paycheck.

Old
06-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Bps21*

Yeah that dead market buffalo that has a waiting list for season tickets despite having the worst season ever and routinely draws higher tv ratings for games their team isn't playing in than the cities of the teams that are. With their billionaire owner building hockey related complexes around the arena to host more and more us hockey and nhl events and functions.

Dead as a ****ing door nail

Bps21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 11:08 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
After the playoffs he had? The city and fan base will burn him in effigy the instant he slumps. The Vanek ship has sailed dude...
He was ok vs tampa, decent vs bruins and bad vs rangers and he received 10 minutes of icetime on average in this series. LIke I said do you know hard it is to change 2 teams and play bunch of playoffs games in the same year? Mentally I know I wouldnt be there. When concentrated and ready, Vanek is one of the best RW in the league. He has proven he can put up points in this league.

We need his talent and Im sure MB is very high on him as he is smart, he knows the Vanek we saw is probably not the one we would get in the next few years.

Old
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
He was ok vs tampa, decent vs bruins and bad vs rangers and he received 10 minutes of icetime on average in this series. LIke I said do you know hard it is to change 2 teams and play bunch of playoffs games in the same year? Mentally I know I wouldnt be there. When concentrated and ready, Vanek is one of the best RW in the league. He has proven he can put up points in this league.

We need his talent and Im sure MB is very high on him as he is smart, he knows the Vanek we saw is probably not the one we would get in the next few years.
Or maybe you could live in reality where MB said he wouldn't resign him.

Old
06-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bps21 View Post
Yeah that dead market buffalo that has a waiting list for season tickets despite having the worst season ever and routinely draws higher tv ratings for games their team isn't playing in than the cities of the teams that are. With their billionaire owner building hockey related complexes around the arena to host more and more us hockey and nhl events and functions.

Dead as a ****ing door nail

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 11:31 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Or maybe you could live in reality where MB said he wouldn't resign him.
Or maybe you should stop putting too much importance into Hfboards or rumours and actually watch his press conference which is titled '' Bergevin satisfied of Vanek ''

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...rgevin-2062014

Old
06-26-2014, 03:15 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If Minnesota is really looking at Stastny, they likely wouldn't have the capspace left over for Vanek, unless he takes a major deal.
I've read they are also really high on local boy, Niskanen as well more so than Vanek who would have to accept a 3-4 year deal if he wanted to play in Minny.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Vanek wants money. When the Isles made him his offer, he seen bigger dollar signs. He seen that he was traded for top end talent and draft picks MONTHS before the deadline. He visioned cashing in bigtime come UFA season.

Vanek don't care about a dead market, he signed an offer sheet for Edmonton and played the last 7 years in lolBuffalo.

He likes a dead market if it means a big paycheck.
He signed in Edmonton after they went to the Cup Final, just as a reminder that things weren't always so poor there. And maybe they wouldn't have been thereafter had Buffalo not matched and he became an Oiler.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:50 AM
shutehinside

If Vanek JUST wanted money, he would've signed with Buffo or the Islanders.

He wants money (as do ALL professionals) but also a place for his family and with a chance to win in a competitive team. Those teams know it and will invariably offer less money because they can offer the other intangibles losing teams can't. So foget the 7x7 contract. He won't get that.

Look for more term and less dough. $6Mish range sounds about right for him in the market.

Edit:
Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has contacted at least the agents for Matt Niskanen, Willie Mitchell, Thomas Vanek and Paul Stastny. If Vanek wants to come to Minnesota, he may have to take a one- to three- year deal. The Wild have significant interest in Niskanen. Niskanen will want a long-term deal, likely north of $5 million. The Wild have many young players that will need new deals in a couple years, so they’ll have to watch what they spend.

Last edited by shutehinside: 06-26-2014 at 11:03 AM.
shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Bergevin just confirmed he won't be back.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 04:00 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Hoo-freaking-Ray!

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Where was this?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Where was this?
"Par ailleurs, Bergevin a confirmé que l’équipe ne tentera pas d’en venir à de nouvelles ententes avec Thomas Vanek, Douglas Murray et George Parros."

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/t...ions-1.1163569

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 04:33 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Where was this?
Its on RDS.

''Par ailleurs, Bergevin a confirmé que l’équipe ne tentera pas d’en venir à de nouvelles ententes avec Thomas Vanek, Douglas Murray et George Parros'' - Bergevin confirms he's not seeking to renew Vanek, Murray and Parros.

EDIT : Damn Harpo! I'll be faster next time

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
"Par ailleurs, Bergevin a confirmé que l’équipe ne tentera pas d’en venir à de nouvelles ententes avec Thomas Vanek, Douglas Murray et George Parros."

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/t...ions-1.1163569
We do need cap for Boullion.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 04:38 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We do need cap for Boullion.
Another article states that Bergy hasn't offered contracts to Bouillon or Weaver.

Please don't sign Bouillon. Please please please not even for league minimum... He'd be an OK no7 or 8 but Therrien insists and persists to use him like he's a Ray Bourque in his prime...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote