HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal - Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2014, 08:29 PM
  #1
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Montreal - Anaheim

Posted this on the trade board under Etem Value. Ducks fans say perfect deal and done by them what do you guys think?



Tomas Plekanec
Magnus Nygren



Emerson Etem
1st round pick(10 OTT)

Gives us a speedy winger, who is young and gives the Habs a chance at a guy like Ritchie or Tuch, then either draft another pick with ours such as Goldobin or Kempe. Or we could try to trade our pick late (26) for a roster player and a 2nd or 2nd and more prospects. What you guys think?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:33 PM
  #2
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,342
vCash: 500
In a heartbeat but ANA would never do that.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:42 PM
  #3
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
I doubt Anaheim does it but if the bidding war or Keslar and Spezza gets too high i could see both teams doing this.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
UFA-Galchenyuk-Etem
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Briere-Weise

That and adding a good prospect at 10 is very very intriguing

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:43 PM
  #4
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Dude, we're not giving away Plekanec, he is Montreal's Bergeron, the humble face of the franchise, just no.

He is also our best center. Without him we are left with Briere, DD, Eller, Galchenyuk.. all 3rd line centers at best.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:43 PM
  #5
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,623
vCash: 934
anaheim agreed to this deal?
i guess this is where i ask how many of them agreed to it because this would be an awesome deal for us

ps: the mods wont be happy that you made a new proposal thread

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:44 PM
  #6
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
In a heartbeat but ANA would never do that.
Some Anaheim fans are saying it's even and offered the 10th overall pick instead of their own at 24.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  #7
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,410
vCash: 500
Did you see the all your ****** trade proposals here thread?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  #8
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
We don't have time to be developing prospects that are drafted at 10th, next year is our year, we are at our prime so its now or never.

When will us habs fans finally realize that there is no real "prime years"? we could lose players, players can lose value, players can get expensive, other teams can also get better with time (i.e. edmonton), and so many other factors involved show that waiting on the cup is a bad idea.

So glad that Bergevin believe in the team more than all habs fans combined.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:49 PM
  #9
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Did you see the all your ****** trade proposals here thread?
Oh relax now lol. They can move it if they like I didn't see it.


Last edited by BigHabs: 06-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:49 PM
  #10
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,623
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
We don't have time to be developing prospects that are drafted at 10th, next year is our year, we are at our prime so its now or never.

When will us habs fans finally realize that there is no real "prime years"? we could lose players, players can lose value, players can get expensive, other teams can also get better with time (i.e. edmonton), and so many other factors involved show that waiting on the cup is a bad idea.

So glad that Bergevin believe in the team more than all habs fans combined.
i can never if you're being serious when you post

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:53 PM
  #11
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
We don't have time to be developing prospects that are drafted at 10th, next year is our year, we are at our prime so its now or never.

When will us habs fans finally realize that there is no real "prime years"? we could lose players, players can lose value, players can get expensive, other teams can also get better with time (i.e. edmonton), and so many other factors involved show that waiting on the cup is a bad idea.

So glad that Bergevin believe in the team more than all habs fans combined.
Now or never....

Price is 26
Subban is 25
Pacioretty is 25
Galchenyuk is 20
Gallagher is 22

Beaulieu and Tinordi both have top 4 Dmen written all over them.

Guys like De La Rose, Hudon, Andrighetto, Reway and Pateryn all on the cusp. Adding Etem and a prospect like Perlini, Fleury or Virtanen etc would set us up incredibly

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:54 PM
  #12
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
i can never if you're being serious when you post
I can never see you making an intelligent post other than expressing your mind thats full of intuition.

Really, use common sense kiddo. Is that really how you would respond to an opponent in a college debate? you would reply with "I can never tell if you're serious, so I win the argument", thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Pretty obvious you're just entering high school next year.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:55 PM
  #13
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
We need another trade proposal thread, there is way too many of these threads lately. Etem will be a stud I wouldn't mind that trade.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:56 PM
  #14
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Now or never....

Price is 26
Subban is 25
Pacioretty is 25
Galchenyuk is 20
Gallagher is 22

Beaulieu and Tinordi both have top 4 Dmen written all over them.

Guys like De La Rose, Hudon, Andrighetto, Reway and Pateryn all on the cusp. Adding Etem and a prospect like Perlini, Fleury or Virtanen etc would set us up incredibly
You're acting like all players get better with age. And that all prospects become the players that we need to win the cup.

If it worked like that then all teams would be able to contend for the cup every 3 years, but the truth is, some teams suck, some teams are good. Common sense.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:59 PM
  #15
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
You're acting like all players get better with age. And that all prospects become the players that we need to win the cup.

If it worked like that then all teams would be able to contend for the cup every 3 years, but the truth is, some teams suck, some teams are good. Common sense.
I love how you make comments insulting people's intelligence but your logic is "well you never know, things don't always work out"

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 08:59 PM
  #16
Hope Of Glory
Registered User
 
Hope Of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
I can never see you making an intelligent post other than expressing your mind thats full of intuition.

Really, use common sense kiddo. Is that really how you would respond to an opponent in a college debate? you would reply with "I can never tell if you're serious, so I win the argument", thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Pretty obvious you're just entering high school next year.
We're on internet, it's a lot, A LOT harder to tell if anyone is serious or not than in a "college debate". Can't tell if it's sarcasm or whatever 'cause, you know, we're reading other people's responses and not listening to them.

Anyway, I don't see Anaheim pulling the trigger on this. Unless they strike out on all of Kesler, Spezza, Thornton, Stastny and they somehow end up in their division.

Hope Of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:03 PM
  #17
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I love how you make comments insulting people's intelligence but your logic is "well you never know, things don't always work out"
I said that you were "acting like all players are guaranteed to get better" when there is plenty of uncertainty in that. Its not uncommon to see players decline by the time they are 30, or go down before they reach the prime. Sure, a lot of players do get better at their prime (25-30) but you were acting like Price, Subban, Gallagher, etc etc are guaranteed to get better. If you've watched hockey long enough you'll know that you can't be sure of performance forecasting, because that's the player's own psychology.


If you're going to come at me and throw a punch then make sure it causes blood, because you don't want to be soft.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:03 PM
  #18
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,623
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
I can never see you making an intelligent post other than expressing your mind thats full of intuition.

Really, use common sense kiddo. Is that really how you would respond to an opponent in a college debate? you would reply with "I can never tell if you're serious, so I win the argument", thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Pretty obvious you're just entering high school next year.
I think im entitled to question you're credibility when you say stuff like Galchenyuk is going to be a 3rd line center at best and that we have to win now because "it's now or never".

Newsflash, Plekanec was worthless in the playoffs and we still managed to get to the conference finals. Every player in our core except for Price (whos 26) is under 25 (Galchenyuk, Subban, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Eller, Tinordi, Beaulieu, DLR etc.), i think our window to win is much bigger than you think. Moving a piece like Plekanec for a package like Etem + the 10th overall pick is EXCELLENT value and it honestly wouldn't hurt the strength of our roster as much as you think it would.

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
  #19
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
I think im entitled to question you're credibility when you say stuff like Galchenyuk is going to be a decent 3rd line center and that we have to win now because "it's now or never".

Newsflash, Plekanec was worthless in the playoffs and we still managed to get to the conference finals. Every player in our core except for Price (whos 26) is under 25 (Galchenyuk, Subban, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Eller, Tinordi, Beaulieu, DLR etc.), i think our window to win is much bigger than you think. Moving a piece like Plekanec for a package like Etem + the 10th overall pick is EXCELLENT value and it honestly wouldn't hurt the strength of our roster as much as you think it would.
Put the bong down. Eller had 7 years to prove that he is more than a consistent 20 pointer.

Tinordi only has couple NHL points, might as well still is a prospect.

Beaulieu? you could say he could get better but remember, Louis Leblanc has better record than Beaulieu in his first 40 games, is Louis Leblanc playing full time right now? or is he predicted to get better? I thought players are only supposed to get better with time, what the heck happened to Louis Leblanc?



We are uncertain about our core. Anyone can get traded, Subban can, Galchenyuk can, Price can (Price seems like hes going to walk once his contract is up because he mentioned that he can't live a normal life in Montreal with all the distraction) so I am sick of how habs fans just pick favourites in players and then think some are guaranteed to stay and some aren't.




Also Galchenyuk has not played center yet, can't really say if he will become a legit top 6 center until he starts playing like one. If you managed the Habs, you'd think that ANY CENTER picked in the TOP 5 are guaranteed a spot in the top 6... no



Also Plekanec was worth more than Patches in the playoffs, why not move Patches too then? exactly. And DLR hasnt even played an AHL game... I really want your magical crystal ball toy, it seems like it's good at making you believe anything.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:15 PM
  #20
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
I said that you were "acting like all players are guaranteed to get better" when there is plenty of uncertainty in that. Its not uncommon to see players decline by the time they are 30, or go down before they reach the prime. Sure, a lot of players do get better at their prime (25-30) but you were acting like Price, Subban, Gallagher, etc etc are guaranteed to get better. If you've watched hockey long enough you'll know that you can't be sure of performance forecasting, because that's the player's own psychology.


If you're going to come at me and throw a punch then make sure it causes blood, because you don't want to be soft.
Believe me bud if I wanted to throw an intellectual debate punch to hurt you I'd make you it's bleeds for a week.

I've taken sports psychology courses and it's highly unlikely that players in their prime at peak physical condition start to deteriorate at a rapid pace. Is it possible? Sure but you don't bank on stuff like that, the general consensus is that players will progress with age and players that are having success at 20-25 will continue to improve or at the very least remain relatively constant.

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
  #21
HabsRockBruinsChoke
Registered User
 
HabsRockBruinsChoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Believe me bud if I wanted to throw an intellectual debate punch to hurt you I'd make you it's bleeds for a week.

I've taken sports psychology courses and it's highly unlikely that players in their prime at peak physical condition start to deteriorate at a rapid pace. Is it possible? Sure but you don't bank on stuff like that, the general consensus is that players will progress with age and players that are having success at 20-25 will continue to improve or at the very least remain relatively constant.
No, players are not guaranteed to remain relatively constant, common sense that no stock is ever guaranteed a minimum return.

Just made you nose bleed, come at me again bro.

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:23 PM
  #22
Stive Morgan
It's only game
 
Stive Morgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,947
vCash: 172
I'm guessing if we got the 10th pick we'd use it to draft Nick Ritchie? (as long as he's available)

Stive Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:28 PM
  #23
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
No, players are not guaranteed to remain relatively constant, common sense that no stock is ever guaranteed a minimum return.

Just made you nose bleed, come at me again bro.
Hahah look at this tough guy!

They aren't guaranteed but common sense would dictate that a guy like Pacioretty who has played at a 1st line level for the last 3 years won't wake up next year and drop down to 3rd line production. Could it happen? Absolutely but you don't base your decisions on worst case scenario you look at the most logical outcome which is that Max will remain at relatively the same level, with small chances that he can progress to the next level or fall in production. But safe money is on the logical outcome.

Galchenyuk is 20 and has been very impressive as a 2/3rd line tweener, logic would dictate that he continues to improve and could take on a bigger role.

Plekanec has been slipping in production quite rapidly, not next season he could come out and have 0 offensive production or have a 65 point year, but logic would dictate that he continues down the same trajectory.

I guess logic wasn't big in the great college debates you had.

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
  #24
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Out of the Foxhole
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stive Morgan View Post
I'm guessing if we got the 10th pick we'd use it to draft Nick Ritchie? (as long as he's available)
...I'd say trade it if we can get that big Top 4 RD or Top 6 RW for it...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:34 PM
  #25
No More Subban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: North Korea
Posts: 11,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Dude, we're not giving away Plekanec, he is Montreal's Bergeron, the humble face of the franchise, just no.

He is also our best center. Without him we are left with Briere, DD, Eller, Galchenyuk.. all 3rd line centers at best.
This is the correct answer.

No More Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.