HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal - Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2014, 09:36 PM
  #26
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,761
vCash: 500
In won't comment on the offer but plekanec makes a lot of sense for Anaheim. What a fit for him.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 09:44 PM
  #27
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stive Morgan View Post
I'm guessing if we got the 10th pick we'd use it to draft Nick Ritchie? (as long as he's available)
There's plenty of options honestly, 1 of the big top 9 might fall down to us (Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie, Virtanen most likely) or we can draft either Fiala, Fleury or Perlini. If none of the big 9 are available i'd personally go with Fleury at #10.

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2014, 10:11 PM
  #28
Hope Of Glory
Registered User
 
Hope Of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Put the bong down. Eller had 7 years to prove that he is more than a consistent 20 pointer.

Tinordi only has couple NHL points, might as well still is a prospect.

Beaulieu? you could say he could get better but remember, Louis Leblanc has better record than Beaulieu in his first 40 games, is Louis Leblanc playing full time right now? or is he predicted to get better? I thought players are only supposed to get better with time, what the heck happened to Louis Leblanc?



We are uncertain about our core. Anyone can get traded, Subban can, Galchenyuk can, Price can (Price seems like hes going to walk once his contract is up because he mentioned that he can't live a normal life in Montreal with all the distraction) so I am sick of how habs fans just pick favourites in players and then think some are guaranteed to stay and some aren't.




Also Galchenyuk has not played center yet, can't really say if he will become a legit top 6 center until he starts playing like one. If you managed the Habs, you'd think that ANY CENTER picked in the TOP 5 are guaranteed a spot in the top 6... no



Also Plekanec was worth more than Patches in the playoffs, why not move Patches too then? exactly. And DLR hasnt even played an AHL game... I really want your magical crystal ball toy, it seems like it's good at making you believe anything.
Ah, that'll be fun.

1. Eller already did. Hell, he had more than half the "20 points" in the playoffs alone. And 7 years, really? He was supposed to prove that when he was 18 playing in Europe? I don't even...

2. Correct about Tinordi, although he's a good prospect.

3. Comparing a defenseman witha forward, really? Beaulieu looked really good too. Can't really have a worst argument than that.

General rule about young players is they'll progress. Does it always go that way? No, but you can't expect young guys not to progress. That's why scouts exists and why fans keep debating about: the projection of the player in X years.

4. Won't even comment on Price, that's just you extrapolating for a minor incident a while ago.

5. I guess McDavid is a 3rd liner at best, haven't prove that he can play a top-6 role (despite not having the chance yet, just like Galchenyuk who only played as a winger)

6. Crystal ball is really a problem here though, I'll give you that, but what's the point of discussing young guys if you can't say what you think they'll end up being down the road? I guess all the young players have the same talent and there's not clues (like how they play/played at certain level, their abilities, etc..) that can help us know if they'll be good someday.

Hope Of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:21 PM
  #29
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...I'd say trade it if we can get that big Top 4 RD or Top 6 RW for it...
This. Etem is looking like a top6rw. Add a 10th overall where Richie, Tuch, Ehler, many others could be availabke and be very good nhlers for us (2-3 yrs down the road, adding some youth and depth to our current core)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:31 PM
  #30
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
We don't have time to be developing prospects that are drafted at 10th, next year is our year, we are at our prime so its now or never.

When will us habs fans finally realize that there is no real "prime years"? we could lose players, players can lose value, players can get expensive, other teams can also get better with time (i.e. edmonton), and so many other factors involved show that waiting on the cup is a bad idea.

So glad that Bergevin believe in the team more than all habs fans combined.


Montreal would have gotten crushed again and again and again if they had faced the Kings in the finals. Montreal isn't built to win it all.

Just be glad that the East sucks and that there is no 'real' opposition in that conferance.

If we trade for Etem, we're giving Galchenyuk a set closer to finally playing at center, we also get a good winger to learn and play with him.

This team is simply not yet built as a real and solid contender. We have depth in the 3rd and 4th line, but we need better 1st and 2nd line players. Everyone is against signing Vanek, but he'd help us be a step closer to our goal.

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:48 PM
  #31
BackEndHockey
@Back_End_Hockey
 
BackEndHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St. Johns
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Put the bong down. Eller had 7 years to prove that he is more than a consistent 20 pointer.

Tinordi only has couple NHL points, might as well still is a prospect.

Beaulieu? you could say he could get better but remember, Louis Leblanc has better record than Beaulieu in his first 40 games, is Louis Leblanc playing full time right now? or is he predicted to get better? I thought players are only supposed to get better with time, what the heck happened to Louis Leblanc?



We are uncertain about our core. Anyone can get traded, Subban can, Galchenyuk can, Price can (Price seems like hes going to walk once his contract is up because he mentioned that he can't live a normal life in Montreal with all the distraction) so I am sick of how habs fans just pick favourites in players and then think some are guaranteed to stay and some aren't.




Also Galchenyuk has not played center yet, can't really say if he will become a legit top 6 center until he starts playing like one. If you managed the Habs, you'd think that ANY CENTER picked in the TOP 5 are guaranteed a spot in the top 6... no



Also Plekanec was worth more than Patches in the playoffs, why not move Patches too then? exactly. And DLR hasnt even played an AHL game... I really want your magical crystal ball toy, it seems like it's good at making you believe anything.
My, my, some probably had a bit too much to drink along with a few joints here and there the past week.


Galchenyuk has'nt proved he is a centre, because he actually hasn't played that position yet!


Moving patches would put is in the same position as 2000-2008/9. No offense.

BackEndHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:50 PM
  #32
BackEndHockey
@Back_End_Hockey
 
BackEndHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St. Johns
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post


Montreal would have gotten crushed again and again and again if they had faced the Kings in the finals. Montreal isn't built to win it all.

Just be glad that the East sucks and that there is no 'real' opposition in that conferance.

If we trade for Etem, we're giving Galchenyuk a set closer to finally playing at center, we also get a good winger to learn and play with him.

This team is simply not yet built as a real and solid contender. We have depth in the 3rd and 4th line, but we need better 1st and 2nd line players. Everyone is against signing Vanek, but he'd help us be a step closer to our goal.
You must be his drinking buddy.

BackEndHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 04:24 AM
  #33
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Yes, I shared a couple of drinks with Vanek a while back. I don't see your point?

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 04:53 AM
  #34
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 7,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post


Montreal would have gotten crushed again and again and again if they had faced the Kings in the finals. Montreal isn't built to win it all.

Just be glad that the East sucks and that there is no 'real' opposition in that conferance.

If we trade for Etem, we're giving Galchenyuk a set closer to finally playing at center, we also get a good winger to learn and play with him.

This team is simply not yet built as a real and solid contender. We have depth in the 3rd and 4th line, but we need better 1st and 2nd line players. Everyone is against signing Vanek, but he'd help us be a step closer to our goal.
Signing Vanek is a step in the right direction, signing Stastny too, then trading Plekanec & Nygren for Etem & the 10th OV 2014 is viable. Then the habs might be able to turn a trade with Florida for the 1st OV and draft Ekblad for the big Dman they need also. This would bring them very close to a contending team with their Western rivals, with the coming Dmen Tinordi & Beaulieu along with McCarron, Crisp and JDLR, the Habs will have terrific balance in a couple of seasons.

Bergevin has a plan and ideally this summer goes a long way to filling in the missing pieces, players like McCarron & Crisp will make the Kreiders of the NHL think twice about running our goalie & top players believe Dat!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 05:26 AM
  #35
Brainiac
Registered User
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHabs View Post
Posted this on the trade board under Etem Value. Ducks fans say perfect deal and done by them what do you guys think?


Tomas Plekanec
Magnus Nygren


Emerson Etem
1st round pick(10 OTT)
Counter offer from Anaheim:

Louis Leblanc for a conditional 5th round pick.

Any takers here??

Brainiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 05:47 AM
  #36
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 7,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Counter offer from Anaheim:

Louis Leblanc for a conditional 5th round pick.

Any takers here??
I'd take him for a conditional 5th round pick if the Habs get a 4th rounder if he doesn't make our team this year.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 06:24 AM
  #37
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
In won't comment on the offer but plekanec makes a lot of sense for Anaheim. What a fit for him.
It does make sense and Etem coming to us also makes a lot of sense. He's NHL ready with the size and speed to be an impact winger on Galchenyuk's line.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 06:50 AM
  #38
Ice Poutine
I like thoup-Lindros
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: .
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,911
vCash: 500
maybe we can trade to get Leblanc back from Anaheim

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 07:01 AM
  #39
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Signing Vanek is a step in the right direction, signing Stastny too, then trading Plekanec & Nygren for Etem & the 10th OV 2014 is viable. Then the habs might be able to turn a trade with Florida for the 1st OV and draft Ekblad for the big Dman they need also. This would bring them very close to a contending team with their Western rivals, with the coming Dmen Tinordi & Beaulieu along with McCarron, Crisp and JDLR, the Habs will have terrific balance in a couple of seasons.

Bergevin has a plan and ideally this summer goes a long way to filling in the missing pieces, players like McCarron & Crisp will make the Kreiders of the NHL think twice about running our goalie & top players believe Dat!
There's a good chance that neither one of these guys ever sees NHL action.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 07:03 AM
  #40
Hansman
Registered User
 
Hansman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
I luv what Plekky brings to the Habs.
Receiving Etem and 10th overall would be too hard to pass on.The chance to get Ehlers,Ritchie or Virtanen is something you don't dismiss.

I take that trade in a heartbeat.

Hansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 07:38 AM
  #41
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
In won't comment on the offer but plekanec makes a lot of sense for Anaheim. What a fit for him.
Plekanec is good fit for any team, guys like him don't show up every day, people here are always so trade happy. Watch him leave and use buckets to collect the tears when posters actually realize all that he does and the fact that we don't have anyone to replace him, too many video games. Get all hyped up over newly drafted players if you want to but that is in most cases just hype, most drafted players never turn out to be what we want.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 05:54 PM
  #42
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Signing Vanek is a step in the right direction, signing Stastny too, then trading Plekanec & Nygren for Etem & the 10th OV 2014 is viable. Then the habs might be able to turn a trade with Florida for the 1st OV and draft Ekblad for the big Dman they need also. This would bring them very close to a contending team with their Western rivals, with the coming Dmen Tinordi & Beaulieu along with McCarron, Crisp and JDLR, the Habs will have terrific balance in a couple of seasons.

Bergevin has a plan and ideally this summer goes a long way to filling in the missing pieces, players like McCarron & Crisp will make the Kreiders of the NHL think twice about running our goalie & top players believe Dat!
That'd be cool, but I fear that we'll be too tight with the cap

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 11:31 AM
  #43
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,236
vCash: 500
I would love that deal, Eller could become exactly what Plekanec is and Emerson Etem is the odd man out.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Moulson - Galchenyuk - Etem

Bourque - Eller - Briere

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 11:33 AM
  #44
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,557
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
In a heartbeat but ANA would never do that.
This, I just don't see them doing it.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 11:39 AM
  #45
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,557
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
I would love that deal, Eller could become exactly what Plekanec is and Emerson Etem is the odd man out.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Moulson - Galchenyuk - Etem

Bourque - Eller - Briere
I'm not sure Eller will ever be as good offensively, putting up the numbers Plek has, but he could be a very good two-way forward.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM
  #46
Nynja*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Put the bong down. Eller had 7 years to prove that he is more than a consistent 20 pointer.
http://www.extraskater.com/player/462/lars-eller
Zone Starts Offensive Neutral Defensive
2011-2012 28.3% 41.2% 30.6%
2012-2013 31.5% 36.4% 32.1%
2013-2014 28.3% 35.2% 36.4%

ToI by Situation EV PP SH
2011-2012 26.7% 11.0% 26.7%
2012-2013 26.0% 10.6% 26.7%
2013-2014 27.4% 19.3% 23.5%


He hasnt had the opportunity to prove jack ****.

Nynja* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 11:57 AM
  #47
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,425
vCash: 256
It's a good offer, I'd probably do it, I don't know if the Ducks would but I know that Pleks is not the type of player that would do well in Anaheim. I just don't see him fitting into that rougher style of play

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 12:01 PM
  #48
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I'm not sure Eller will ever be as good offensively, putting up the numbers Plek has, but he could be a very good two-way forward.
This I agree with, But at the same time Eller could become that physical presence Plekanec could never be. Once Eller becomes a man I see potential to really dominate down low and provide that tough net presence with hands. He is much more physical now then he was earlier in his career, hopefully that can continue to develop.

Plekanec has speed and decent one on one skills but he is not a good playmaker, not sure if Eller can be a better playmaker but his grinding down low create's offence for him and his line mates as Plekanec gets his offence on the rush mostly.

Im not sure Eller will ever get 60 or more points but I think he can achieve 50 points but we will see.

Time will tell...


on the trade, I havent followed etem and I dont know how good or what type of player he is so i cant say really...Pleks is a great player for us and at a good price. I dont want to trade him but he is not untradeable as Center is a position of ours that needs to be straightened out over the next couple years.. Is there a place for pleks long term here? your call MB.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 12:11 PM
  #49
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,976
vCash: 50
Op ****ed up again.

Ducks hate that deal. They agreed to Etem + The ducks 1st, which is a ****** deal for us.

Another trade proposal that's a failure and he comes in here saying Ducks fans are ok with it. 1 guy is fine with the 10th overall + Etem, but no one else is. The ducks could get Kesler for that deal.

Why isn't this guy banned from creating threads ?

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 12:14 PM
  #50
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,678
vCash: 500
well if its the anaheim's 1st then no thx, theres no upside in downgrading from plekanec to etem just for a late 1st

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.