HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Be Slats ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2014, 10:37 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I would do back flips if we could trade Nash for Thornton. That's never gonna happen though.
You bring in players for the playoffs, and that is why the Rangers need Joe Thornton.

I never heard people say Thornton is a no show in the playoffs. In fact the Bruins must feel like Ding-Dongs for trading him.

And he will only be 35 on July 2nd! I'm going to text Slats now!

Old
06-14-2014, 10:39 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
My two main things:
BO Richards
Trade Staal for more offensive firepower - Going to be too rich and he probably wants to be a 1st pairing player, not a 2nd.
Signings all depend on money. Obviously there are certain ones that are higher priority than others.

Nash isn't going anywhere. After those playoffs, his value is at its lowest. You'll be essentially giving him away for crap. Should wait and hope for a bounce back. Heck, Gaborik wasn't much better here in the playoffs and look at how he played this year. It just takes the right mix of players and for that something to click. If you traded Gaborik today, I'm sure he would get back a lot more than Brassard, Moore, and Dorsett.
I'm sure Slats could convince some silly GM that Nash would have been dominant if the rest of the team didn't let him down. It's all in how you sell it man...

Old
06-14-2014, 10:39 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop68 View Post
You bring in players for the playoffs, and that is why the Rangers need Joe Thornton.

I never heard people say he is a now show in the playoffs. In fact the Bruins must feel like Ding-Dongs for trading him.

And he will only be 35 on July 2nd! I'm going to text Slats now!
Actually, Thronton was labeled a playoff choker until i believe 2 post seasons ago. It's not the case but people just love throwing that word around like a hand grenade.

Old
06-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Do whatever is in my power to not go into the season with:

Stepan
Brassard
Miller

As my center depth, while also compliancing Richards.

Get creative, Sather.

I think with a real 2C, we're right back into the SCF next year (on paper)
Creative is Staal plus for a top C. Need a ld then though . Gonna be interesting

Skinner for Staal ? Carolina Staal connection of course

Old
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Little shocked at how many people want Nash out.
feel the same way.. dude is still a great player.. everyone wanted nash to wake up these playoffs I wanted Richards to actually play like #1 center, and actually run a good PP.. Instead he spent half the time on his knees, and stick waving around endlessly..

Nash had a concussion this year and still was almost a 30g scorer.. that people, is something that doesn't grow on trees!! Sounds familiar... can someone say gaborik?

Richards needs to be gone!!
Sign RFAs
Resign D. Moore, Boyle
JT has got to be in playing center next year

I would explore trading Staal if he doesn't want to resign, and Nash As well but only for something like ROR, Pavs Etc..

Staal+ Nash for Pavs, Havelet, Demers

I would take a hard run at Kesler Again.. We need a center with size and grit

Old
06-14-2014, 10:48 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
Nash had a concussion this year and still was almost a 30g scorer.. that people, is something that doesn't grow on trees!! Sounds familiar... can someone say gaborik?
Agreed! I wish more people understood that ... "oh em gee, Nash did nuttin lets trade hiz azz now" ... Right but how do you fill his production?

.... Crickets ....

Old
06-14-2014, 10:53 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Agreed! I wish more people understood that ... "oh em gee, Nash did nuttin lets trade hiz azz now" ... Right but how do you fill his production?

.... Crickets ....
Idk. High end depth that would produce when it matters at crunch time? Silly things like that.

Old
06-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Pizza

I LOVE what AV's system brings, but here is something key to the Kings success.

They have a lot of skill moving the puck.

They have a lot of size to put in front of the net.

They combine those two things and they are never out of a game.

The Rangers need more size to go with their speed. These players don't grow on trees. Drafting and acquiring size has been a big part of Lombardi's long term plan.

Two Cups in three years. Very compelling data for all you stat freaks. It works.

Old
06-14-2014, 10:55 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Idk. High end depth that would produce when it matters at crunch time? Silly things like that.
Be the GM, let's hear your brilliant plan on MOVING NASH + REPLACING HIS PRODUCTION for cheaper ... this should be interesting.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:00 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Be the GM, let's hear your brilliant plan on MOVING NASH + REPLACING HIS PRODUCTION [in the regular season] for cheaper ... this should be interesting.
Sorry I had to fix the quote before I could properly answer it.

You see that's the problem. I think I hinted at the fact that this team is in some serious trouble that Rick Nash could not dominate at crunch time while the rest of the roster was full tilt.

That's the whole thing with a fixed talent pool such as the NHL with contracts and salary caps. It's hard to make moves in one year, but by moving Nash, this team could develop a new line sometime during Lundqvist's sweet spot.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:03 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Sorry I had to fix the quote before I could properly answer it.

You see that's the problem. I think I hinted at the fact that this team is in some serious trouble that Rick Nash could not dominate at crunch time while the rest of the roster was full tilt.

That's the whole thing with a fixed talent pool such as the NHL with contracts and salary caps. It's hard to make moves in one year, but by moving Nash, this team could develop a new line sometime during Lundqvist's sweet spot.
You do realize he almost won the game in OT right?

Old
06-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Pizza

Quote:

.... Crickets ....
Here is what I understand:

3 goals in 24 playoff games this year.

0 goals in the Stanley Cup Finals.

5 goals in 41 career playoff games.

He's a big guy that plays small on a team with one of the smallest players in the league that plays huge. He's not a contributor when it counts.

Don't underestimate what that does in a locker room. His team mates are professional. They will say the right things, but the frustration has to be huge.

If the right deal was there, I'd do it. This team can compete. It has to lay down a marker. Players need to know that they are expected to contribute.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:08 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
You do realize he almost won the game in OT right?
I will one day tell my grandchildren about how legends are made.

You gotta be almost kid! No matter what!

Old
06-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Two Cups in three years. Very compelling data for all you stat freaks. It works.
You do realize that stat freaks absolutely adore the Kings, right? Advanced stats rank them as the best possession team in the league by a healthy margin.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:12 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
I will one day tell my grandchildren about how legends are made.

You gotta be almost kid! No matter what!
That's sports ... there is a ton of luck and bounces and it is a game of inches. If you told me in October that Rick Nash would have a glorious scoring chance in OT of the SCF (be it he scores OR not) I would have taken it.

You guys are way too much ALL or NOTHING and what have you done for me lately. It's sad.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:12 AM
0ddManRush

- Amnesty Richards.
- Shop Staal for a #1 center. Considering everyone this side of Lundqvist and McDonagh in the deal.
- Re-sign Boyle and Stralman

..to start.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:17 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
That's sports ... there is a ton of luck and bounces and it is a game of inches. If you told me in October that Rick Nash would have a glorious scoring chance in OT of the SCF (be it he scores OR not) I would have taken it.

You guys are way too much ALL or NOTHING and what have you done for me lately. It's sad.
Where was he during the overtimes in the first two games. It wasn't just the last almost. It was everything involved in his lack of impact.

It wasn't one shot, but that miss couldn't have been a better example of why he didn't bring what we need, and this team may not be in that position for a long, long time.

The point is that those moments are hard. They are damn hard! But the impact players make it happen. It's not just luck.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:21 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Where was he during the overtimes in the first two games. It wasn't just the last almost. It was everything involved in his lack of impact.

It wasn't one shot, but that miss couldn't have been a better example of why he didn't bring what we need, and this team may not be in that position for a long, long time.

The point is that those moments are hard. They are damn hard! But the impact players make it happen. It's not just luck.
There is NO luck in winning it all in a championship? ARE YOU MAD?

Old
06-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
You do realize that stat freaks absolutely adore the Kings, right? Advanced stats rank them as the best possession team in the league by a healthy margin.

Just for the record the phrase "you do realize...." is so over used.

I am not a stats guy. I am a results guy. I watched the Kings very closely the last few years. They win.

great depth
great mobility
great adaptability. they can play any kind of game.
great confidence because they are NEVER done and they KNOW that.

The Rangers have a good thing going, but they need more guys like J.T. Miller who bring size, skill, speed and snarl to the line up.

A guy like Charlie Coyle from the Wild would be a perfect addition.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:27 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The Rangers have a good thing going, but they need more guys like J.T. Miller who bring size, skill, speed and snarl to the line up.
I am all for that actually. I have a gut feeling if he makes the roster next year he will have a HUGE impact.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:28 AM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:

He is my quote that you did not read well. See my other post about supporting your narrative.

Quote:
There is NO luck in winning it all in a championship? ARE YOU MAD?
Here is your counterpoint.

It's not just luck to be stale at every crunch point possible for two full playoff seasons.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Zil

Quote:
I am all for that actually. I have a gut feeling if he makes the roster next year he will have a HUGE impact.
Him putting it together would go a long way toward shoring up our depth down the middle.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:33 AM
valence

Dan Boyle is UFA...bad calls or what but the PP was the main reason we loss...how much per is he asking...probably offer a 1 yr contract but definitely he wants a multi yr deal...also 37 yrs old...FIX THE POWER PLAY...getting rid of Richards is a start

Old
06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Him putting it together would go a long way toward shoring up our depth down the middle.
Absolutely, but I won't throw him in the top 2 lines just yet ... bottom 6 and see where it goes as he grows. I still think having a center for Nash is critical. Stepan is awesome but he's much better down a slot at the 2C. Trading Staal (while I don't want to) to lure in a centerman with size and skill would be tremendous.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:36 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by valence View Post
Dan Boyle is UFA...bad calls or what but the PP was the main reason we loss...how much per is he asking...probably offer a 1 yr contract but definitely he wants a multi yr deal...also 37 yrs old...FIX THE POWER PLAY...getting rid of Richards is a start
Thought he was traded to NYI?

Closed Thread