HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Therrien signed to 4 year extension

Old
06-14-2014, 03:45 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
The only way Eller sees any PP time within the next 5 years now is if he gets traded away from MT and the Habs.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:47 PM
CH25

Ouch....

2 years would have been reasonable but 4 ???
Will he last this long ?

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:47 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Just lost a lot of faith in MB.

2years would have been smart
3yrs understandable
4 is ridiculous & I'll put money down that we'll come to regret it
How so? If he fails he's fired so it's not like the length means anything for a coach. Molson has deep pockets and he would be the only one affected by an early dismissal.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:49 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
you can literally fire him at any moment who cares?
i know...lol.......why are people mad? he doesnt count against the cap...

and besides...he's done a fabulaous job with what he's got....i've noticed throughout the course of his 2 years that we sometimes look like we're playing our system almost to perfection cbut just laggin behind a little bit...the pace of it seems just a bit to fast...we're not in syns yet and that is the lack of personel on the ice...we're getting there but we're not there yet. therrien is good coach....ppl gotta give the man some credit.

bigtimehockeyfan999* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:52 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 656
He won't be here for the entire duration of that deal. Guaranteed.

Just don't **** up Galchenyuk.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Habs just had their best run in 21 years... let's complain.

Therrien is not that bad of a coach.
He's definitely a decent coach but I feel there are better than him out there more suited for this team. Oh well maybe the options are limited. It's not like we are missing or barely making the playoffs.

Old
ottawa

4 years is a bit much...I know he can get fired at anytime, but MT knowing he has a 4 year contract he's going to get paid for regardless of what he does behind the bench is what scares me

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:53 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
I hope Molson is ready to dish out some money in about a year and a half. Therrien wont make it to year #3 of his extension.

If you weren't allowed to fire a coach under contract, I would be livid.

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
How so? If he fails he's fired so it's not like the length means anything for a coach. Molson has deep pockets and he would be the only one affected by an early dismissal.
I think it's mostly based on Bergevin evaluation. He could fire him next week. But Bergevin still has to evaluate things no matter if it doesn't count against the cap and thought that 4 years was fine. Just like he thought 4 years was great for Emelin. A whole lot of ups and downs for MB.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Oh no, THIS is where I go insane.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:01 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Seriously considering pulling a Anakin Skywalker. I think I'll go to the dark side.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

MB has been busy today. Signing MT to an extension and trading Leblanc. Now go get your 25 year old reigning Norris trophy dman signed for 8 years please.

Old
Prendan Brust

Happy for him, he worked hard and brought this team at a level most people didn't expect. I think he's way more respected by his players than posters here believe. I don't know if he'll do the whole 4 years but I think it was well deserved.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:05 PM
CH25

Also as long as Bouillon and Gionta are gone I'm fine with it.
For those of you worried about Subban have you forgotten Therrien gave him massive minutes in the playoffs ? Therrien knows where the future of this team is at. I expect Galchenyuk to break out next year and have a great productive season under Therrien. He will be given a bigger role for sure.

Be confident in Therrien guys. I know it's hard but try to be.

Old
06-14-2014, 04:09 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think it's mostly based on Bergevin evaluation. He could fire him next week. But Bergevin still has to evaluate things no matter if it doesn't count against the cap and thought that 4 years was fine. Just like he thought 4 years was great for Emelin. A whole lot of ups and downs for MB.
Yeah, you nail it here. I can't get a bead on Bergevin. Some great moves, equal amount of wtf moves.

The trouble with showing so much confidence in therrien is that when things go south, which they inevitably will next year unless Price repeats this year's vezina worthy performance, we'll be seeing a panic trade before we see a change in coaching.

also r.i.p. Eller

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:13 PM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Didn't do a bad job but usually coaches don't last 6+ years so stupid to give that contract.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Yeah but that's money thrown out of the window, not that Molson cares, and not Therrien might think he has carte blanche and might go full ****** even more.
Who cares? Molson just made an extra $80M in two months..not even counting increased beer sales. Therrien earned it..whether he's liked or disliked. I don't think he'll last the four years..but I also didn't think he'd coach this team to the semi-finals.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH25 View Post
Also as long as Bouillon and Gionta are gone I'm fine with it.
For those of you worried about Subban have you forgotten Therrien gave him massive minutes in the playoffs ? Therrien knows where the future of this team is at. I expect Galchenyuk to break out next year and have a great productive season under Therrien.
Don't be surprised when both get re-signed. Need to keep Gionta for the PP and Bouillon to play top minutes with Subban again.

I just hope MT handles Eller better next season.. Eller was great in the playoffs and yet MT still didn't give the guy any PP time over the ineffective DD who started every PP that didn't do anything..

Old
06-14-2014, 04:15 PM
JPGoHabsGo

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

JPGoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:17 PM
CH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Don't be surprised when both get re-signed. Need to keep Gionta for the PP and Bouillon to play top minutes with Subban again.

I just hope MT handles Eller better next season.. Eller was great in the playoffs and yet MT still didn't give the guy any PP time over the ineffective DD who started every PP that didn't do anything..
God I hope not. That's exactly why I want them gone. I'm tired of seeing Bouillon and Gionta on the PP. I'm also tired of Bouillon being a liability defensively and Gionta being a liability offensively. We need to change the face of this team and it starts with the captain. I'll lose all confidence in Bergevin if he signs these guys.

Old
06-14-2014, 04:19 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yeah, you nail it here. I can't get a bead on Bergevin. Some great moves, equal amount of wtf moves.

The trouble with showing so much confidence in therrien is that when things go south, which they inevitably will next year unless Price repeats this year's vezina worthy performance, we'll be seeing a panic trade before we see a change in coaching.

also r.i.p. Eller
Eller's agent probably called MB asking for a trade the second this news broke in the media. Great playoffs for Eller and yet MT still didn't use him in more important situations like on the struggling PP.

Old
06-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

also r.i.p. Eller
I see this and what makes me more afraid about Bergevin is his incredibly way too high opinion of stability. Don't get me wrong. It absolutely is important. But not at the price of keeping mediocrity. I see Therrien,s contract for 4 years and totally believe he'll keep Gionta now. And I wouldn't even be surprised to see him keep Bouillon. All for the stability. While others around us will/should greatly improve. We will not be worst....but will we improve that much to not only just be a playoff team but a cup contending team? Isn't it suppose to be our window?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:23 PM
shamrun

meh....its not like he cant be fired anyways. To be fair he coached the team into the ecf. He was obviously going to get re-signed.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Bieber fever

this is how it's work in the NHL. you can't give 5M$ / year for a coach so you give him 1-2 year more on his contract knowing he'll get fired before the end.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote