HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A stupid theory

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 06:43 AM
HABitude

vCash: 500
A stupid theory

There is a negative theory about the 2 new players. Begin and Langdon. They will play rough, they will hit the 2 first lines opponents, then the other team will do the same to the 2 first line of the habs players, who are a lot smaller and injury prone than the rest of the league. With a game made with more risks of injuries, Koivu will go to coach Julien's office and ask him to stop that play. He will ask to diminuate the ice time of Langdon and Begin. Because Koivu, Rib, Juneau, Rivet, Dackell, Sundstrom and Audette can't play an overly physical game where they will get injured.

In the past 4 years, Habs have played a soft game so the opponents hit them less, some of habs players won't be happy with the new philosophy GM Gainey is bringing. It will be interresting to see in the next month who has the power over that team:
Gainey (and the rough players) ?
or
Koivu (and the small soft players) ?

This is just a theory, not mine. I find it stupid, but the way I present it, it's logical (doesn't mean that a logical theory is good, huh?).

Old
10-04-2003, 06:57 AM
Orange

Doesn't take into account a player's pride. I don't think Koivu would back down from phisical play. Quite the contrary, we don't want him to go were he shouldn't, while he keeps doing it ...

Besides my theory is this one : Don't hit us and we won't hit you. It's just like countries do with weapons. No one wants to use the A-bomb but everybody wants to have some just in case. To have peace, you must preapre for war, and that's what Gainey did by getting those two. Two have them on the team doesn't mean we have to use them ... Just that we can if needs be.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:04 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
There is a negative theory about the 2 new players. Begin and Langdon. They will play rough, they will hit the 2 first lines opponents, then the other team will do the same to the 2 first line of the habs players, who are a lot smaller and injury prone than the rest of the league. With a game made with more risks of injuries, Koivu will go to coach Julien's office and ask him to stop that play. He will ask to diminuate the ice time of Langdon and Begin. Because Koivu, Rib, Juneau, Rivet, Dackell, Sundstrom and Audette can't play an overly physical game where they will get injured.

In the past 4 years, Habs have played a soft game so the opponents hit them less, some of habs players won't be happy with the new philosophy GM Gainey is bringing. It will be interresting to see in the next month who has the power over that team:
Gainey (and the rough players) ?
or
Koivu (and the small soft players) ?

This is just a theory, not mine. I find it stupid, but the way I present it, it's logical (doesn't mean that a logical theory is good, huh?).
This is the line up i hope the habs will have at some point:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Kilger-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Juneau

Markov-Komi
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet

To me it is not that soft and could even be a team that can hit. Yesterdays game showed hossa and Ryder deliver several big hits, ward-kilger-zednik-bulis-begin-Langdon can all hit. The Question is if gainey sees it that way...

Old
10-04-2003, 07:16 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
This is the line up i hope the habs will have at some point:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Kilger-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Juneau

Markov-Komi
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet

To me it is not that soft and could even be a team that can hit. Yesterdays game showed hossa and Ryder deliver several big hits, ward-kilger-zednik-bulis-begin-Langdon can all hit. The Question is if gainey sees it that way...
I don't see Audette in that line-up.
No Dwyer either.
Do you think Hossa will keep on playing a physical game?

The other question is : Is Gainey will go further in that direction?
And is there is a trading possibility to get rid of: *Audette, Juneau and Dackell?
*(soft players Gainey would not like in the actual line-up)

Old
10-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
No Dwyer either.

And is there is a trading possibility to get rid of: *Audette, Juneau and Dackell?
You know, most people here think that Dackell and Juneau are soft and will not be the team for very long this season. I think this is mistaken.

The line of Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell is important to Julien: they are all intelligent players who understand the system Julien wants to use. They play better as a unit than they do as individuals.

They also teach the younger players by example. Remember that Bulis developed as he did while apprenticing with Juneau and Dackell, without the pressure of having to be offensive. Now Bulis is a complete player with the confidence to explore his offensive upside.

Juneau and Dackell have zero trade-value, but they are still durable, reliable defensive hockey players. They will do for Higgins and Plekanec and Perezhogin what they did for Bulis.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:00 AM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
No Dwyer either.

Juneau and Dackell i can understand as being soft but I really havent seen Audette backing down from the rough stuff. He might be small, but i dunno about soft. He doesnt go out and hit like a small guy like Koivu but like ive said, i never see him backing down.

And the other thing. This is Gaineys team. Saku is the captain and he controls the players but Gainey controls Saku.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Go Habs Go

Logical? It makes no sense! So because our first two lines are weak, we shouldn't play rough and hope for the other team to have mercy on us? The game is going to be physical no matter who we have and how we play. With the acquisition of enforcers like Langdon, other teams will think twice before taking liberties on our smaller guys. We have to get bigger so our little guys will have more room. Remaining smaller won't make it easier on our small offensive players.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
Logical? It makes no sense! So because our first two lines are weak, we shouldn't play rough and hope for the other team to have mercy on us? The game is going to be physical no matter who we have and how we play. With the acquisition of enforcers like Langdon, other teams will think twice before taking liberties on our smaller guys. We have to get bigger so our little guys will have more room. Remaining smaller won't make it easier on our small offensive players.
I would tend to agree. Teams like the Bruins, Toronto, Philly, NY, etc. have never shown "mercy" on us just because we didn't hit them back. Quite the contrary. They took liberties, roughed us all night long and didn't think about retaliation as there was none.

Bringing in more toughness will at least allow us to compete on equal level (well maybe not yet but we're getting closer).

Old
10-04-2003, 08:12 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
And the other thing. This is Gaineys team. Saku is the captain and he controls the players but Gainey controls Saku.
There is a power trip control here. In the past Houle was pleasing Saku many times. He traded away Turgeon to make room for Saku. Then he traded Damphousse to make even make more room to Saku. He traded Scott Thornton for Juha Lind (who was from the same country as Saku), maybe a move to please Saku ???

S. Thornton scored 15 goals not so long ago with the Sharks, while providing a physical game also. I guess Habs were not in need of that type of player, prefering Juha Lind to Thornton?? ...remember we are in the East division.
Saku lost his best friend Savage to Berezin. I remember last year in the last stretch, Washington came in at the Bell Center and Berezin scored the winning goal and Saku was just behind him, too slow to cover him properly. Washington made the PO and Montreal didn't. Berezin scored 25 goals last year and obviously Saku asked the management to trade him.

Now with Gainey it will be interesting to see who is the boss.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
There is a power trip control here. In the past Houle was pleasing Saku many times. He traded away Turgeon to make room for Saku. Then he traded Damphousse to make even make more room to Saku. He traded Scott Thornton for Juha Lind (who was from the same country as Saku), maybe a move to please Saku ???

S. Thornton scored 15 goals not so long ago with the Sharks, while providing a physical game also. I guess Habs were not in need of that type of player, prefering Juha Lind to Thornton?? ...remember we are in the East division.
Saku lost his best friend Savage to Berezin. I remember last year in the last stretch, Washington came in at the Bell Center and Berezin scored the winning goal and Saku was just behind him, too slow to cover him properly. Washington made the PO and Montreal didn't. Berezin scored 25 goals last year and obviously Saku asked the management to trade him.

Now with Gainey it will be interesting to see who is the boss.
This little rant is nothing short of pathetic.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:03 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
This little rant is nothing short of pathetic.
Yeah, I guess you're one of these Saku-die-hard fans, you meet other fans in a dark church and lamb sacrifices to the Saku-God icon statue. LOL

Some facts: habs didn't made the PO 4 times in the last 5 years, coincidence with Saku as our 1rst line center. Last time we made the PO, Saku was not here, Perreault was our 1rst line center.

Houle builded a team around Saku's friends: Savage, Ruzinsky and Rivet.
We saw the results.
Saku is the captain of one of the most ununited/separate individuals team of NHL.
He never speak to some of his teamates, he have 3 or 4 friends, that's all. This is a fact.
We lost Turgeon, Damphousse, Schneider, Keane, Roy, Conroy, Recchi, Thornton and Berezin (maybe some others). We never made the PO with Saku as a 1rst line center /and captain.

This is also some short of pathetic.

Time to get rid of an inapropriate captain.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:05 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Yeah, I guess you're one of these Saku-die-hard fans, you meet other fans in a dark church and lamb sacrifices to the Saku-God icon statue. LOL
No. I'm just not stupid enough to judge based on speculations, flawed logic, hearabouts and impressions.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Physical HABuse

What a bizarro theory. As big a Hab fan as I am....I do have enough things in life to occupy me so that I don't need to occupy it making up useless and bizarre theories. I suggest that whoever made up that theory, find some more hobbies.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:27 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:

Some facts: habs didn't made the PO 4 times in the last 5 years, coincidence with Saku as our 1rst line center. Last time we made the PO, Saku was not here, Perreault was our 1rst line center.

Houle builded a team around Saku's friends: Savage, Ruzinsky and Rivet.
We saw the results.
Saku is the captain of one of the most ununited/separate individuals team of NHL.
He never speak to some of his teamates, he have 3 or 4 friends, that's all. This is a fact.
We lost Turgeon, Damphousse, Schneider, Keane, Roy, Conroy, Recchi, Thornton and Berezin (maybe some others). We never made the PO with Saku as a 1rst line center /and captain.

This is also some short of pathetic.

Time to get rid of an inapropriate captain.
Koivu was injured for the biggest part of those 4 seasons.

Last time we made the playoffs, Theo was GOD.

Houle ruined a team.

Ever noticed the ever comming new players? There are sooo many players that come and go, each year, that's it's sure we can't have an unified team. Most were depth players, but still. If you want chemistry, the team must stay put. We need to add depth a bit everywhere because the team stinks, we added flawed players (Perreault, Audette, Czerkawski, Berezin, etc...) that mostly think about themselves, that's not gonna help the team's spirit. We're in a transitionnal period. This team isn't the one we're going to see, just at the end of this season. We're fulfilling with crappy players until the kids are ready. If you want to judge Saku as a captain, wait for him to have a team to lead...

Turgeon>*he asked for a trade, wasn't happy with third line role.
Damphousse>*wasn't deserving his salary.
Schneider> had sex with Roy's wife, why you even bring his name?
Keane> went in the Roy deal...
Roy>*you missed that game against the Red Wings?
Conroy> wtf? he wasn't even on the big team! he was part of the Corson deal.
Recchi> he was Saku's friend...
Thornton> wasn't playing hard enough.
Berezin> he stinks and wasn't producing. was dealt from Chicago, too.

Stop making stuff up, this makes no sense. Think before you post, thanks.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:30 AM
KILLger

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
Habitude keep up the good work- your logic is infallible and your hockey instincts unquestioned- dont let the tribal Koivu butt kissers faze you
Hope this was sarcasm...

Old
10-04-2003, 10:43 AM
KILLger

Quote:
nope sorry tribal Koivu butt kisser i was being realistic as Habitude
I'm no butt kisser, I just don't like flawed logic and to make up things to make a point.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:50 AM
KILLger

Quote:
it is a fact the Habs have been out of the playoffs 4-5 years and the one year they made it Koivu played 2 whole games- the logic is there- loyal tribal Koivu butt kisser
Wow... just brillant...

Old
10-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Wow... just brillant...
Yes isn't he? I thank god every day that we can count on the thoughtful posts from knowledgable posters such as pup, strummerman and puckhandler on a regular basis. I think the best though was K#8.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Mike8

strummerman is doing an incredible job at degrading the quality of posts here on the Habs board.

Virtually every post he makes there's a personal shot at a fellow poster mixed into the delusions he has about how Koivu's out to steal his wife.

And HABitude, I thought better of you than to make up this type of nonsense. You have no basis to know what Koivu's attitude is off the ice; what he requests of coaches, how he interacts, yet you're posting your baseless speculation as facts. That's why your drivel is absolute garbage and doesn't belong on this board.

Old
10-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
This coming from the thoughtful Munchhausen who said the reason Spezza was sent to the minors was caused he stunk in the dressing room- i dont know I think this guy is finnish and hates italians- gold member of the loyal order of the tribal Koivu butt kissers- last time i refer to this clown
What the hell are you talking about moron? Never spoke about Spezza this way. So you want your 3 day ban eh? OK.

Closed Thread