HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Quintal become the new leader for the habs!!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Has Quintal become the new leader for the habs!!!

I'm noticing he's giving quiet many opinion and comments on our organization, even Koivu hasn't said as much is he become spokesman for team players, I like that he's commited to organization, and really cares about what goes on, I wish we can get more of this true habs in future???

Old
10-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
I'm noticing he's giving quiet many opinion and comments on our organization, even Koivu hasn't said as much is he become spokesman for team players, I like that he's commited to organization, and really cares about what goes on, I wish we can get more of this true habs in future???
He's like this since he came back. He's obviously the player with the biggest heart with the habs, and even he admit that when he left for New York, it was the biggest mistake of his hockey career. He is a great leader and is a valuable asset in Defence. I really like " The Q "

Old
10-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Drunk World Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
I think he's always been a leader...Captain K shows his leadership on the ice...and has been an inspiration for his teammates by battling cancer and so fourth...

Quintal is maybe a bit more vocal...but he's also been a leader on the ice...I thought he had a great season last year...and he will fight just baout anyone who steps to the plate...I've always been a Quintal fan!!!

Old
10-04-2003, 01:41 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I honestly never thought I'd say that, but here's one professionnal athlete that's not playing for money. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he's earning only 450k this year, and that's fine with him. He admitted he had previously left the Habs only because of the interesting offer he had received from the Rangers (I think it was around 3M a year).

Now that he's back with the Tricolore, he's been one of the most enjoyable guys both on the ice and off the ice. He always has accurate comments for the medias in all circumstances, and knows what's his job with this organization. I don't care what some people say, I do feel Quintal would make a great captain. On the other hand, if he's fine with the role he has at the moment, no need to start a fight between Koivu and him for the captaincy. Anyways, I know it won't happen, because he's a true team guy. The kind of person you'd like to be friend with.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:11 PM
mcphee

Higgs Fan correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Q's salary is low this year because it was front loaded in a way that no one else would bid on him. I like Quintal, but what's with all the interviews ? Is he the only guy there when the reporters come into the room ? I think that he wears the sweater with pride and is respected on his team and around the league. The day's coming though where we'll hear healthy scratch after his name. I hope not this year but it's coming.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:37 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Q makes around 1.2 M I think, with Montreal, Chicago, and NYR splitting that 3-ways.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Q signed a 4 years/11.4 million contract with the Rags in 1999-00. He was then picked up on the waivers by the blackhawks in 2001-02 at the condition the Rags would pay a chunk of Quintal's contract. He was then traded to the Habs one year later for a 4th round pick at the condition the Hawks would pay a portion of Quintal's contract and only if Quintal would spread the 2 years left on his contract on three years. Finally, Quintal will be paid 1.5 million this season but the Habs will only pay $450 K as the rest will be paid by the Rags and the Hawks.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:58 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Higgs Fan correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Q's salary is low this year because it was front loaded in a way that no one else would bid on him. I like Quintal, but what's with all the interviews ?
Well, I think we can definatly say that Quintal is one of the only guys out there in the locker room that really has the guts to say out loud what he really thinks. Let's say the Habs lose a game in which they've shown no emotion and no determination... Quintal is one the 2 or 3 that's going to available for comments. He's not afraid of saying the true things. Definatly, I think we can say he's a true leader on our team, and deserves the fans' respect, IMO.

Closed Thread