HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Head Coach - How Hard Can It Be? [Part II]

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2014, 09:11 AM
Big Bjugs
Amat Victoria Curam

vCash: 157
I'm still pro Crow. I really think Bylsma needs to go be an ass. coach before jumping into head coaching again. With the way the Pittsburgh fans make him sound, he needs a little more seasoning. Not that I care what he does, unless he does come here of course which I won't be upset with either, just think he would benefit learning under guys like Babcock, Hitch, Quennville etc.

Old
06-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Theodore450

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
Gallant doesn't strike me as a coach who plays an offensive brand of hockey (that Tallon wants), Habs played a lot of trapping/conservative hockey when they aren't being gift wrapped power plays.
If the Gallant had his way, we wouldn't be playing this way. I think he would be the best option.

Old
06-18-2014, 09:23 AM
SeasonTicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers11 View Post
Thomas Drance ‏@ThomasDrance 46m
Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) suggests that the #Canucks will meet with Dan Bylsma to discuss coaching vacancy: http://www.thescore.com/news/521998

If true that would leave Gallant while the other two assumed candidates are now interviewing somewhere else.
Like I said yesterday, there are other options for these coaches.

Dale says they all want to come here. If I'm interviewed for a job and they ask me if I want to work for that company my answer is always yes, but, I'm saying that to every one of my possible employers, even my third, fourth and fifth choices.

Old
06-18-2014, 09:33 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
Like I said yesterday, there are other options for these coaches.

Dale says they all want to come here. If I'm interviewed for a job and they ask me if I want to work for that company my answer is always yes, but, I'm saying that to every one of my possible employers, even my third, fourth and fifth choices.
Exactly and it's a numbers game as well. 5 or 6 coaches for one spot means you're more than likely not getting the job. They would be stupid to not interview anywhere else.

This is one of the dangers Tallon has with waiting around/being patient with the coaching search. His top candidates could get offers somewhere else before he's had a chance to hire them and next thing you know, he's hiring his 3rd of 4th choice which we'll be told no matter what was his #1 choice.

Old
06-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
This is one of the dangers Tallon has with waiting around/being patient with the coaching search. His top candidates could get offers somewhere else before he's had a chance to hire them and next thing you know, he's hiring his 3rd of 4th choice which we'll be told no matter what was his #1 choice.
Yea, reminds me of the Dolphins GM search where we ended up with like our 5th option.

Old
06-18-2014, 09:54 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

I fear we made Blysma an ofer but DT was budget constrained and it wasn't enough so off to Vancouver Blysma goes to hear their #s.

I have NO facts to back this up, just years of experience lol.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I fear we made Blysma an ofer but DT was budget constrained and it wasn't enough so off to Vancouver Blysma goes to hear their #s.

I said this earlier too, would be a horrible start with the new owners after all that's been said about being a cap team.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:09 AM
FlaPanthers11
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post

This is exactly what I'm getting at. I think if Bylsma was to be hired he and we would know already and he wouldn't be off to another team. I think he's done here.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Krisberdeau

George Richards @GeorgeRichards 37s
#FlaPanthers expect to have official announcement of new head coach on Monday. I know you have read that line before.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:41 AM
RainingRats

Hopefully that means they're negotiating final details of contract now.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:51 AM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisberdeau View Post
George Richards @GeorgeRichards 37s
#FlaPanthers expect to have official announcement of new head coach on Monday. I know you have read that line before.
Yeah right. More like day of draft.

Old
06-18-2014, 11:29 AM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

You know it's a S. FLA team when they operate on "Cuban time"

Old
06-18-2014, 11:42 AM
RCDeltaFixer

I'm not happy to hear Bylsma is in Vancouver. I hope he's just exploring his options while the Panthers make the final decision.

Old
06-18-2014, 11:43 AM
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
You know it's a S. FLA team when they operate on "Cuban time"
ˇDalé! Tallon

Old
06-18-2014, 01:55 PM
flomarilius

Dale!!!!

Old
06-18-2014, 04:48 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#TeachTheTrospiracy

Trolling through Twitter:
"@HabsLinks: Pierre McGuire to @HunterZThompson on #TSN690: The #FlaPanthers made an offer to a coach, but that coach has not (yet) accepted that offer"

http://twitter.com/HabsLinks/status/479375891827798017

Can't confirm Pierre's comments but if true my money again is on Bylsma. Going by sightings he was in Van last night and flew back stateside this afternoon.

Old
06-18-2014, 04:54 PM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
"@HabsLinks: Pierre McGuire to @HunterZThompson on #TSN690: The #FlaPanthers made an offer to a coach, but that coach has not (yet) accepted that offer"

Can't confirm Pierre's comments but if true my money again is on Bylsma. Going by sightings he was in Van last night and flew back stateside this afternoon.
Bet it's Bylsma. That's why the speculation was originally Monday for the new coach. And it's been delayed since Byslma is checking out other options as well.

Old
06-18-2014, 05:07 PM
FloriDada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude1 View Post
Yeah right. More like day of draft.
Would be funny to see Tallon go up on stage to pick his draft pick then the coach.

Old
06-18-2014, 05:09 PM
RCDeltaFixer

Quote:

This makes perfect sense to me. It even goes with what I was told yesterday about how the Panthers already know who they want. If Gallant was the guy they made their offer to, why would he say no? As far as I know, we're the only team who has interviewed him for the head coach position. If that's true, and Dale was telling the truth about all of their final 3 candidates wanting to coach here, you'd think Gallant would have already accepted. Therefore, the guy they made the offer to has to be Bylsma. This is of course completely based on speculation, but almost everything in this thread is 100% speculation anyway

Last edited by RCDeltaFixer: 06-18-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old
06-18-2014, 05:22 PM
JP Mick
Real Good.

vCash: 403
Yeah, we could be waiting on Bylsma's final decision.

Old
06-18-2014, 05:56 PM
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
Dale!!!!
We need a photoshop of Dale wearing a guayabera, straw fedora, and smoking a cigar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDeltaFixer View Post
This makes perfect sense to me. It even goes with what I was told yesterday about how the Panthers already know who they want. If Gallant was the guy they made their offer to, why would he say no? As far as I know, we're the only team who has interviewed him for the head coach position. If that's true, and Dale was telling the truth about all of their final 3 candidates wanting to coach here, you'd think Gallant would have already accepted. Therefore, the guy they made the offer to has to be Bylsma. This is of course completely based on speculation, but almost everything in this thread is 100% speculation anyway
I'll agree with this speculation. Makes the most sense to explain how long it's taking and the uncertainty of an announcement date.

Old
06-18-2014, 06:04 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner

vCash: 50
Not sure if it was mentioned here but John Stevens was promoted and will be staying with the Kings. I wonder if that increases interest in Bylsma.

Old
06-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Cats2TheCup

Now that the canucks are saying they won't hire a coach until after the draft, I think it's a sign Bylsma wasn't too impressed and they're gonna have to keep searching. I'm hoping we announce Bylsma as coach tomorrow.

Old
06-19-2014, 01:24 AM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats2TheCup View Post
Now that the canucks are saying they won't hire a coach until after the draft, I think it's a sign Bylsma wasn't too impressed and they're gonna have to keep searching. I'm hoping we announce Bylsma as coach tomorrow.
Where did the Canucks say this? I saw the Canucks interviewed Peter Horachek.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Ekblad

even if our guy is DB, I have no issues whatsoever with him exploring his other options. just like tallon interviewed 12 different coaches to find the right fit, the coaches are entitled to do the same with the options they have available.

Closed Thread