HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mojo thinks Domi's on the block

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 02:18 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
Mojo thinks Domi's on the block

mojo

chicago montreal vancouver are amongst the teams lance 'uh' hornby thinks really want tie.

they also mentioned barry trapp's a big fan of tenkrat

Old
10-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
mojo

chicago montreal vancouver are amongst the teams lance 'uh' hornby thinks really want tie.

I bet Chicago,Montreal & Vancouver do want him badly,but to think Toronto is shopping him is just stupid.

Mojo is a joke.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:30 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

lance hornby on the defense:

lance believes that " well uh there is a good uh race between uh coliaicovo and uh kondratiev for uh that final uh spot on the uh blueline, so it should uh be interesting to see uh how they both uh do uh this weekend against detroit

Old
10-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
lance hornby on the defense:

lance believes that " well uh there is a good uh race between uh coliaicovo and uh kondratiev for uh that final uh spot on the uh blueline, so it should uh be interesting to see uh how they both uh do uh this weekend against detroit
LMFAO

Old
10-04-2003, 02:46 PM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Maybe the Canucks might get him ? Since they don't have that true enforcer like their division rivals do ( Laraque & Worrell ) . I doubt the leafs trade Domi , what would the Leafs want that the Canucks have ?
Good question. When looking at the Canucks they don't really have anything to offer in the area of goaltending (which the Leafs IMO do not need anyways), cannot afford to trade defensemen (which the Leafs do need) so would have to trade forwards (which the Leafs don't really need) or prospects (of which the Canucks don't really have an incredible group either)...

Old
10-04-2003, 02:52 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
I think he was just speculating those teams (Van, chicago) who appear to need enforcers. It doesnt necessarily mean theyre interested. Andy Frost said he's heard from 'various sources' around the league that Domi is being shopped.

I would think the Leafs would just want to dump his salary, with Perrott emerging. Subtle way of paying for klee, marchment and nieuwendyk I guess.

Old
10-04-2003, 02:57 PM
TomWaits

Quote:
mojo

I am not a huge Domi fan but trading him would be a mistake I see him as the heart and soul of that time. There were times last year that he was the hardest working guy on the ice. He doesn't fight as much as he used to because he doesn't have to. Even if Perrot is ready to take his spot Domi has a lot left in him. It would have to be a pretty good offer to pull him out of TO, certainly nothing that Montreal has to offer. I think that John jr has to improve the defense without changing the forward lines and teams that are out of it in March that will be more than happy to trade there over paid defensemen then.

TomWaits

Old
10-04-2003, 03:25 PM
IWD

I don't see Domi being moved. If an enforcer is moved, it'll be Belak I'm assuming. He's proved that he's a liability out there fairly often. A tad on the slow side, below-average defensively, takes selfish penalties. I do like his grit, durability and size, though. That and, of course, the fact that he's a legitimate heavyweight. Domi, on the other hand, can still fight and take a contribute with a regular shift. From the looks of it, Perrott looks to be able to do the same.

Besides, how often does fighting occur at the most important time of the year? I think, with the emergence of Perrott, Belak's role is redundant.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:47 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

domi makes 2 million this yr.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Rand

I don't see Domi being moved, he's awfully expensive for an enforcer albeit one that can contribute on occasion.

In any case Domi practically bleeds blue and white, he's one of the leaders on this team and plays 110% every game.
I can't really see the Leafs dealing him.

10-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I just can't picture Domi in a different jersey .
Did you picture him in a Rangers or Winnipeg jets Jersey???..

Old
10-04-2003, 05:57 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Maybe the Canucks might get him ? Since they don't have that true enforcer like their division rivals do ( Laraque & Worrell ) . I doubt the leafs trade Domi , what would the Leafs want that the Canucks have ?
draft pick or some kind of decent prospect would suffice.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Mike1

Your not going to get any good defencemen for Tie.Why trade him if that is the case?

Old
10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 2183
Quote:
Originally Posted by w17glen
i never thought they would have traded wendel for that stiff sundin... anyways domi is here to stay so is belak and perrott get used to it
I think by the allstar break you'll see a decision made on which one of Belak or Perrot will be sticking with the leafs.Domi has earned his starter status so it will be between Perrot and Belak as the other tough guy.Rare will be the games that see all 3 on the starting roster unless Belak is an injury replacement on defense.Even then its doubtful all 3 dress for the same game.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by w17glen
i never thought they would have traded wendel for that stiff sundin...
Right because I mean, the Leafs really lost that trade didn't they?

Old
10-05-2003, 04:46 AM
wasting time

Quote:
The Canucks do need a tough guy , Brad May is tough but he can't be the one always fighting Laraque , Worrell , Domi and other top fighters in the league .

I heard rumors about the Canucks trading Sopel , maybe Sopel straight up for Domi ?
Sopel for Domi - I do that trade in a second.

Old
10-05-2003, 04:49 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
I think he was just speculating those teams (Van, chicago) who appear to need enforcers. It doesnt necessarily mean theyre interested. Andy Frost said he's heard from 'various sources' around the league that Domi is being shopped.

I would think the Leafs would just want to dump his salary, with Perrott emerging. Subtle way of paying for klee, marchment and nieuwendyk I guess.
It's funny, In the other thread a figured Domi was being dangled too based on reading between the lines from the Perrott and Belak protection and what Ferguson has been saying. Maybe I'm not such a crackpot after all. Hey, maybe the Fan needs a new Leafs reporter? Nah, just wasting time.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:00 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

i think belak's days are numbered.
quinn really wanted him to play defense but it didnt work
and lots of teams seem to want him - he's cheap

Old
10-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I agree with the Belak days are numbered ..and any one who saw last nights game or any other this exhibition season will know what I am talking about..

and the fact that Fergy protected him ..is a smart move because for some reason GOONS seem to have value..

Florida got Nedorost for Worrell... Darcy Hordichuk went for 2 pretty good prospects.. and the waiver draft showed that even marginal tough guys like Vancouver Darren Langdon were selected..

So Belak has value for any team looking for that 13th forward as a tough guy to dress...

So Fergy trade Away you have my blessing in spades....

Old
10-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Transplanted Caper

The idea of trading Domi is an interesting one. With the addition of Perrot combined with Belak, a Domi trade is possible. Although I believe that Belak is more likely to be traded, a Domi trade is not that far fetched depending on how the Leafs plan on using Tie this year. If he is usd primarly as an enforcer with little or no offensive contribution( not that he cant, but instead he's not given the chance with the playing time and situations he's asked to play in) then a trade is possible considering that Belak or Perrot can fill that role.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:08 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

i think of domi more now as a 3rd line forechecker with speed, which is nice.
he doesnt fight as much now

Old
10-05-2003, 08:28 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Maybe so. I'd prefer him gone over Domi. But realitically, what could you get for him in terms of a defenseman?

Old
10-05-2003, 09:02 AM
cellardweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
Sopel for Domi - I do that trade in a second.
I would definately look at a deal like that. Preferably, i would like to see Belak and Fitzgerald to be considered before Domi, but who knows.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardweller
I would definately look at a deal like that. Preferably, i would like to see Belak and Fitzgerald to be considered before Domi, but who knows.
I would sooner take a chance with the stay at home Dman like Brian Allen before I would touch Sopel.

Sopel really struggles defensively as his +/- shows, where as a BIG guy like Allen might fit better..

Old
10-05-2003, 09:44 AM
wasting time

Apparently Coli AND kondriatev are going to be dressed against Detroit tonight. Doesn't this seem a bit strange? I think Coli has definately established himself as the better of the guys to stay with the club (assuming a new D is not coming in) so why is Kondi playing? This should be a full leafs nhl roster.

Do you think he is being dangled as part of a package for a D man? Kondi + Belak for Markov, for example?

Closed Thread