HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Schedule Released

Old
06-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

vCash: 500
awful set up for road trips...only thing of interest is Philly in Nov...was wanting to do Cali trip, but can't in October...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 08:55 PM
MFRONE

Still annoyed that yet another season will pass and the COLUMBUS Blue Jackets won't play an afternoon game (or any game for that matter) on Columbus Day

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 10:15 PM
jackets4life
Nosebleed Native

Wish we had more matinee games, but an acceptable schedule. We definitely have our share of big time friday and saturday home games. Also, absolutely thrilled to be getting the california trip out of the way early in the year.

jackets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

End of March looks to be pretty tough, especially as we hope they are fighting for playoff seeding at that time. Seems like a decent home schedule all in all.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 05:27 AM
EspenK

Jackets tied with Buffalo for most back-to-backs with 19

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ts-in-2014-15/

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 08:12 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Look at that BS in November. A game on Tuesdays and then back to backs on the weekend...all month
Arguably that starts in the last week of October. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post

Love the HCTR quote referenced in there.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Big Z Man 1990

We get 5 dates each with Philly and Washington this year, with an extra road game against the Flyers and an extra home game against the Caps.

We play the other teams in our division twice each home and road.

We host Boston, Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto twice each and visit those teams once each.

We host Detroit, Florida, Ottawa, and Tampa Bay once each and visit those teams twice each.

We play one home game and one road game each against each of the Western teams.

Overall the schedule is looking good. We have to take control of our rivalry with Pittsburgh though if we are going to finish higher than them in the Metro, let alone win the Cup.

Big Z Man 1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
The new Buffalo Harbour Center on opening night is out..... damn, the place won't be ready until 2015.... looks like another hotel night at the Emassy where the players stay but who cares, the Sabres opening vs. the Blue Jackets is a dream come true for me...

I'll be all in for the CBJ!!!!!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 08:26 AM
RedStorm45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post

....more back-to-backs than last year's "compressed" schedule.

RedStorm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 01:15 PM
lotsaluv4cbj

So happy that I can finally plan out the rest of my year!!

lotsaluv4cbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

How was everyone's experience with the select a seat event?

I wasn't able to attend due to vacation but I emailed my rep my seating request and the games I wanted for my 1/2 flex plan. I haven't heard anything back yet. I know they would have been busy last week but I just have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to get screwed with crappy seats because people who actually got to attend the even with less seniority than me got to pick before me. I sat in 203 last year.

I also hate how they do this event with such short notice. 1 week notice that the select a seat event is being held and then a 1 day notice with the group plan info for the flex plans to select the games you want. For people who plan summer vacations, this process is very inconvenient to me. I don't see any reason why they can't announce this event with more notice so people can plan more appropriately when they will be out of town.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

ours went ok...they changed our seats from last year from half set to full set...so we ended up having them change 1/4 sets into a 1/2 set plan for us so we could be where we wanted to...

Old
06-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
ours went ok...they changed our seats from last year from half set to full set...so we ended up having them change 1/4 sets into a 1/2 set plan for us so we could be where we wanted to...
So are they basically creating more full season seats and pushing anyone back who doesn't have a full season plan?

Old
06-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
So are they basically creating more full season seats and pushing anyone back who doesn't have a full season plan?
they're over 10k season tix equivilents so they can be more stingy on what they offer...

Old
06-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
they're over 10k season tix equivilents so they can be more stingy on what they offer...
I can understand that. And if a there a new full season ticket holders joining, I'm full ok with them getting better seats than me because they deserve it.

However, if they are just creating more space for full season ticket holders just for the sake of pushing 1/2 season holders back several rows it doesn't seem right to me.

I've been a partial season holder for 4 years now. 3 of which have been 1/2 season plans. While they are 10k full season equivalents, I doubt there are that many people actually buying full season packages.

Are there any other 1/2 season flex holders out there who got pushed into worse seats this season? and if so, where did you end up in comparison to last year?

Old
06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

The teams "policy" for the past couple of years has been to push partial STH to go full or get out.

06-30-2014, 06:57 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
The teams "policy" for the past couple of years has been to push partial STH to go full or get out.
I've been a 20-2-1 owner for many years and have never felt any pressure to change, nor have my seats ever been moved.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:45 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I've been a 20-2-1 owner for many years and have never felt any pressure to change, nor have my seats ever been moved.
You must have a PSL and that is why you have never been moved. PSL holders are somewhat safe after what they tried to pull last season and take away all 20-2-1 PSL holders rights/benefits. The push back was so hard that they reversed their decision so quickly that many never noticed.

The higher ups in the ticketing department hate the partial plans. To most of them they view them as more trouble then they are worth and as the team continues to improve this will only get worse.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:00 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You must have a PSL and that is why you have never been moved. PSL holders are somewhat safe after what they tried to pull last season and take away all 20-2-1 PSL holders rights/benefits. The push back was so hard that they reversed their decision so quickly that many never noticed.

The higher ups in the ticketing department hate the partial plans. To most of them they view them as more trouble then they are worth and as the team continues to improve this will only get worse.
I do. Thanks for the explanation.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 09:44 AM
imderekpoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
...Are there any other 1/2 season flex holders out there who got pushed into worse seats this season? and if so, where did you end up in comparison to last year?
I'm a 1/4 season flex, and we ended up back 1 row from last year. I think our previous seats are 1/2 flex this year.

Unfortunately, I realize that my plan's at the bottom of the list so as (hopefully) sales increase I'm either going to have to up my plan to continue to move back.

imderekpoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:

I have a real problem with that logic if that is how the ticketing department works. How many teams can really get away with not having any sort of partial season ticket arrangements? It is a 41 game home season. Unless you have a huge history and wait list you'll never be able to get away from partial plans. Even NYR and LA Kings offer partial plans. Its a way of life for selling tickets in media markets where only a small few have such a following that they can get away without them.

I don't need a ton of perks, I just need to not be treated like a 2nd class citizen when I could easily stop buying a ticket plan and only buy the games I really want to go to.

Old
06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

The very idea of a FLEX plan would create nightmares for ticketing. I'm surprised they offer them. Since these plans offer choice of games, they consume more seats than traditional "assigned " partial plans. In a traditional assigned half season, two STH share the same seats, each attending half e games. In a flex, several people would want the same games, so this isn't possible. I get it from both CBJ and fan perspective, but I think it's a nightmare for them. As the team sees more success, I think the flex plans are not as easily managed.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Speedy Sanderson

Just saw that OSU's game against Michigan State will be at 8:00 on November 8th. The Jackets have a home game that same evening against Tampa at 7:00. Wonder if the Jackets move the game to 5:00 to avoid a conflict? It doesn't matter for me as I'm not a big OSU football fan, but many others are. Jackets do play in Carolina the night before, so they couldn't make the game too early the next day.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
Just saw that OSU's game against Michigan State will be at 8:00 on November 8th. The Jackets have a home game that same evening against Tampa at 7:00. Wonder if the Jackets move the game to 5:00 to avoid a conflict? It doesn't matter for me as I'm not a big OSU football fan, but many others are. Jackets do play in Carolina the night before, so they couldn't make the game too early the next day.
I believe there is a rule that there has to be at least 24 hours separating start times on back-to-back games. The OSU game is a road game - I imagine the Jackets will leave this game where it is.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Did I misunderstand what was said about the select-a-seat or do STHs not have right of first refusal to keep their same seats from the prior season?

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote