HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Remenda not returning as Sharks Analyst

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Coy

vCash: 500
To be honest I thought he got way worse of the past 2-3 years. I used to love him and then he started to bother me a bit. I hope they hire outside the organization for this because I don't like Baker.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:01 AM
jurisdoctor

Gonna really miss him on Shark Byte!

Old
06-18-2014, 12:05 AM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

vCash: 1250
Ultimately, I'm okay with him moving on. He's great fun to listen to but I think Baker and Bret have done pretty decent jobs when they were doing the broadcasting.

Anyways, Randy is really what gets me into the games. Once we lose Randy's playcalling, it'll truly be an end of an era for the Sharks.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:31 AM
TealManV
A man has said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Can't say that I'm all that upset over it. Respect the man for his work over the years but I think it's a good time to go with some fresh blood on the TV side as long as they don't McSorley the viewing audience again. If it's Baker, it's a good move. If it's someone else, it's a wait and see thing.
I agree with this. It also never seemed like Drew was the same after he came back. Similar to Conan O'Brian now. A little more bitter maybe. But best of luck to Drew moving forward.

I know he still has a lot to learn but I hope it's Baker moving forward. I've always preferred Dan and Bakes to Randy and Drew.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:42 AM
MrCowGod15

Real bummer to hear this news. But maybe we can get Stemmer back

Old
06-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
Hmph. Maybe his harsh criticism of the Sharks led to this. His comments after game 6 were spot-on.

New direction = color analyst who never criticizes his team?

Sad day for SJ fans.
Two things:

First, can anyone elaborate (preferably with audio/video linkage) on what Drew said "after game 6"?

Secondly, this will be much worse than expected if Baker takes over for Drew. Baker is horrible. He is mediocre on TV after the game, but on the radio during the game, it's difficult to bare. I'd take Curtis Brown or Hedi over Bakes.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:44 AM
sjshrky27

Weather you liked him or not, Drew always called it honestly. Even if it was against the Sharks.

There's not many broadcasters who are like that these days.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:45 AM
SharksAddict

Drew will be missed big time, really enjoyed listening to him. Not a fan of Baker and not sure Hedi has enough personality to excel but we shall see.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sad news. The Sharks broadcast crew are one of the few that I leave on when watching an away game. Both Hahn and Remenda were always fair, balanced, and entertaining. One of the best tandems in the business. I offer my condolences.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
06-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Irbes Mask
Like Wall

Maybe Bob Errey or Brian Hayward knows a guy who can come in and deliver their style of commentary? Too much Drew's criticisms and truths for the ears of viewers and brass I guess.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:53 AM
Kitten Mittons

The rebuild is real, guys.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:56 AM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

We're gonna need a young, fast color commentator who really fits our style of play with the transition game and quick defensive breakout.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Kappa
Jumbo's Year

Honestly, this is some extreme ********. So angry about this, can't even formulate proper words to describe it.

Old
06-18-2014, 12:59 AM
Dicdonya

I'll miss Drew. It will be really weird watching a gutted team play, with a strange voice talking on the tv. This is a bad start to the offseason. My excitement for next year is declining quickly.

If I was a sth I don't know what this team is trying to tell me to be excited for at this point. No Drew, possibly losing not one, but two of the faces of this franchise, and possibly not honestly being a playoff bound team. Say whaaaaaa?

Old
06-18-2014, 12:59 AM
sa3l33

He's probably too embarrassed to call another Sharks game after that epic choke job.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:03 AM
sharski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
Two things:

First, can anyone elaborate (preferably with audio/video linkage) on what Drew said "after game 6"?

Secondly, this will be much worse than expected if Baker takes over for Drew. Baker is horrible. He is mediocre on TV after the game, but on the radio during the game, it's difficult to bare. I'd take Curtis Brown or Hedi over Bakes.
I love Curtis Brown and would be quite happy to see him get Drew's old spot

I like Hedican's insight the most, but the reports have been that he doesn't want to do all the traveling required for Drew's spot...

Old
06-18-2014, 01:14 AM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharski View Post
I love Curtis Brown and would be quite happy to see him get Drew's old spot

I like Hedican's insight the most, but the reports have been that he doesn't want to do all the traveling required for Drew's spot...
That was awhile ago. I'm pretty sure the reason was that he wanted to be with his family more since he just retired but he might be ready to get back into traveling for hockey againi. We'll see though, I'd be okay if he did home games at least.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:20 AM
DrewRemendasBaldHead

This off season has me feeling a lot worse about being a Sharks fan than losing game 7 did. No Thornton/Marleau (probably), Drew, Boyle, etc. I'm really not happy with the direction that the Sharks are headed on or off the ice. They've basically run Drew out of town, and are trying to run the 2 best players in franchise history out of town. Not to mention Sommer being retained and Brown being signed to an inexplicably rich contract. Just a really bad day for the Sharks all around, and I believe the precursor to an all around terrible off season.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Weastern Bias
Patrick Starleau

I hate this the more I think about it

I already miss him

Old
06-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewRemendasBaldHead View Post
This off season has me feeling a lot worse about being a Sharks fan than losing game 7 did. No Thornton/Marleau (probably), Drew, Boyle, etc. I'm really not happy with the direction that the Sharks are headed on or off the ice.
Are you going to make a new handle?

Old
06-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Could go with RandyHahnsPlayoffBeard.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:24 AM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
Two things:

He basically said that there is no goaltending controversy...it wouldn't matter who was in net. What would matter is if the Sharks's big stars showed up...he heavily put the burden on the big guns like JT, Marleau, etc. who had gone pointless.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:24 AM
DrewRemendasBaldHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Depends on what team Thornton gets traded to.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:26 AM
sharski

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewRemendasBaldHead View Post
This off season has me feeling a lot worse about being a Sharks fan than losing game 7 did. No Thornton/Marleau (probably), Drew, Boyle, etc. I'm really not happy with the direction that the Sharks are headed on or off the ice. They've basically run Drew out of town, and are trying to run the 2 best players in franchise history out of town. Not to mention Sommer being retained and Brown being signed to an inexplicably rich contract. Just a really bad day for the Sharks all around, and I believe the precursor to an all around terrible off season.
strong username to thread content ratio

Old
06-18-2014, 01:27 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
He basically said that there is no goaltending controversy...it wouldn't matter who was in net. What would matter is if the Sharks's big stars showed up...he heavily put the burden on the big guns like JT, Marleau, etc. who had gone pointless.
What's so controversial about that that would get Drew fired? It was kind of stating the obvious and every announcer/reporter was saying that.

Closed Thread