HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Remenda not returning as Sharks Analyst

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Drew will be on the air with Greg Wyshynski today to discuss his exit
Just was about to post that. Drew on Marek Vs. Wyshynski in the next few minutes, later in Podcast form.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:59 PM
wishman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSS View Post
Of course we'll never know the real "why", we never do. All the verbage from official sources positions the Sharks as the decision maker, not Drew. I haven't seen any statements from Drew that contradict that. I see no reason to assume Drew that wouldn't have returned next year, if it wasn't for the Sharks saying "we don't want you back".

Outside of getting DW loaded with booze & truth serum, we'll never know for sure.
I don't think this is DW's decision. I think this comes from the business side of the house John Tortora.

Old
06-18-2014, 02:19 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Between this and the rebuild the Sharks should be fun to watch next year. Oh, did I say fun? I meant depressing thinking of what should have been.

If DW doesn't do a hell of a rebuild, or just realizes he was a couple Dmen away from having the best NHL team so addressing that would help the Sharks, I'm officially off of his bandwagon.

Old
06-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishman View Post
I don't think this is DW's decision. I think this comes from the business side of the house John Tortora.
Yup. Has nothing to do with DW.

Old
06-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I do find it amsuing that those who don't like him seem to be split between people saying he's too homery and people saying he loves the other teams too much. Almost implies he was a balanced color guy.
I found him to be a big homer and he tried to counter it by forcing non-homerism. He would say things to not sound like a homer but would be wrong or over the top, like he would only say it so people thought "Oh that Drew, he calls it like he sees it!"

Other stuff that drove me nuts was his constant talking over Randy's PBP, especially for things we can see. "Watch out here!" Yes drew we can see its a breakaway, dont need you to point it out. When he wrestles with the crew, "Stop it here guys...Stop it here!..."STOP IT HERE GUYS!!!!...Ok this is Joe Thornton, now role it". He'll also complain about things only because they didnt work, not because they were the wrong play *Dman shoots with no one infront* "Where is everyone, why shoot when the goalie is just gonna stop it? Best to cycle it low or something" *Dman doesnt shoot and its a turnover* "You just gotta put it on net. Maybe you get a rebound or a whistle"

I felt bad for people who didnt know a lot of hockey and thought what he said was always correct

Old
06-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Stash
Gonna miss this guy

Sad news, he and Randy were the best duo. It's going to be very weird not having him there anymore.

Old
06-18-2014, 04:07 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Drew wasn't great, but Randy isn't great either. Every other game Randy will say it's a penalty on one team, but it turns out it was on the other team, or just a high touch. Pay attention to it, happens all the time, multiple times in a game. He gets other things wrong too. Not as often as the penalty on the team issue, but probably once a week during the season he spits out some misinformation. Mostly trivial stuff, but still.

He's better than in the mid 00's when he'd say "Hooked, no call. Tripped, no call" ad nauseum but still, he's not perfect.

What was great was the combination of Randy and Drew. They have insane chemistry. With Drew gone, they should get a new PBP too, because Randy's flaws will be highlighted even more when he's not partnered with someone he has chemistry with.

Last edited by ChompChomp: 06-18-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old
06-18-2014, 04:35 PM
TealTownUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Drew wasn't great, but Randy isn't great either. Every other game Randy will say it's a penalty on one team, but it turns out it was on the other team, or just a high touch. Pay attention to it, happens all the time, multiple times in a game. He gets other things wrong too. Not as often as the penalty on the team issue, but probably once a week during the season he spits out some misinformation. Mostly trivial stuff, but still.

He's better than in the mid 00's when he'd say "Hooked, no call. Tripped, no call" ad nauseum but still, he's not perfect.

What was great was the combination of Randy and Drew. They have insane chemistry. With Drew gone, they should get a new PBP too, because Randy's flaws will be highlighted even more when he's not partnered with someone he has chemistry with.
seriously?

Old
06-18-2014, 04:39 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealTownUSA View Post
seriously?
Yeah, seriously. You just bolded two sentences, although I explained myself in the entire body of my post.

Old
06-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Rem
PbP is what I spit

I'll miss Drew, for sure. I made this back when he first left (someone else's idea, though).

Old
06-18-2014, 04:49 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Yeah, seriously. You just bolded two sentences, although I explained myself in the entire body of my post.
Randy hasnt been as good since they moved them upstairs. I think vision or distance to the game might be more of an issue for him than anything

Old
06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

I hope NBC gives him a call. He's better than anyone they have.

Old
06-18-2014, 05:49 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

Quote:

I guess you just can't please some people Wow.

Old
06-18-2014, 08:01 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Another thing, I don't think the whole he was fired because he was overly critical thing has any truth to it. Drew has only held the players accountable, which is what the organization is trying to do. He has never, not once, criticized the management or coaching. He would defend them to the grave. He preached exactly what the Sharks organization wants us to think, couldn't have done a better job at that.

Old
06-18-2014, 08:48 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Drew is awesome. If the reasons he is giving are why he was actually fired there's a severe disconnect between them and the fans.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:28 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksfan39 View Post
Just was about to post that. Drew on Marek Vs. Wyshynski in the next few minutes, later in Podcast form.
Just listen to it. Made me sad.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:38 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I hope it's Ratto.
God no.
I hear its Pete Stemkowski coming back!

I'm glad Drew is gone. Real bad and worsening over the last couple years, IMO.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Hertl

vCash: 50
here it is if you missed it

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...iacontentstory

Old
06-18-2014, 10:55 PM
KirbyDots

Baker please. Also wouldn't mind someone outta left field like Owen Nolan, he'd never do it but I'd like it to be a former Shark. Which former Sharks would be good?

Old
06-18-2014, 10:59 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I hope it's Ratto.

Can't tell if serious...

Would be hilariously hard to watch if Fatto was the color commentator during a rebuild. Guy is pure pile even when they play at their best.

Old
06-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Coy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post

Can't tell if serious...

Would be hilariously hard to watch if Fatto was the color commentator during a rebuild. Guy is pure pile even when they play at their best.
How dare you insult him!

Old
06-19-2014, 12:40 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miku View Post
Puck Daddy is a moron and doesn't even know about our history.

Anyways, if you don't want to listen. Drew's take on the "refresh" is upgrade the Defense and get a new no.1 goalie. Doesn't think Stalock is that guy nor is Niemi.

Old
06-19-2014, 12:53 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post

Anyways, if you don't want to listen. Drew's take on the "refresh" is upgrade the Defense and get a new no.1 goalie. Doesn't think Stalock is that guy nor is Niemi.
Drew is such a simplistic thinker. How the heck do we upgrade the D? Magically find that left dman in the KHL?

Old
06-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miku View Post
Man listening to that makes me angry all over again. What other PERSON involved in hockey has that kind of broadcast chops? Drew is funny, insightful, tone-perfect, and flat out great on the air. I can't think of another broadcaster that even comes close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post

Nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Drew is such a simplistic thinker. How the heck do we upgrade the D? Magically find that left dman in the KHL?
Have you not read the hundreds of rosterbations since the end of the season?

Old
06-19-2014, 01:08 AM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
By using our magic cap space and prospects to get players via FA or trade.

Closed Thread