HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Offseason Acquisitions III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2014, 02:12 PM
  #276
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Rangers:
Pouiliot-Brassard-MAZ
Dorsett/Carcillo-Boyle-Moore

Kings:
Williams-Stoll-King
Lewis-Richards-Clifford

That's not exactly up and coming talent right there. They're just better players than most have in their bottom six.
We need any 4 of the wingers from these 2 groups and then we'll play in the other teams end for awhile.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:14 PM
  #277
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Colorado in a presser right now talking about keeping the core structure in place and having a salary structure. Sounds like a team that is telling it's fans they are not willing to just spend all the money for the team. Pretty much sounds like they are protecting themselves against the backlash they might get it they don't sign Statsny or lose ROR due to him wanting too much.

__________________
#itdoesn'tmatterwewontgethimanyway
Prongo is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  #278
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
To replace Kimmo. You get 4-5 years younger at Kimmo's spot. I doubt Kimmo is back next year. You get a guy who can act as a stopgap and ideally can do what Kimmo did for us -- sign 6 million dollar AAV short term deals (if he is open to it).

Vinny + Kimmo (retires next year let's pretend) almost equals Campbell's money. Plus, you resign Kimmo either way -- it's not written in the stars one can get Campbell.

It buys time and Campbell's deal is almost over -- then Flyers get first crack at resigning.
Isn't this reason why Streit was brought in? To essentially replace Kimmo? And then you suggest the Flyers try to resign him after his deal is over? How would that help our young guys develop?

IMO one of Ghost or Hagg will be ready to make the jump after this year. Putting yet another veteran presence on the blue line beyond this year could be detrimental to development. Campbell doesn't make sense for me.

flyguy is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  #279
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
We need any 4 of the wingers from these 2 groups and then we'll play in the other teams end for awhile.
And make sure we get rid of that ****** player Read right? He's never won a board battle so he's useless

Striiker is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  #280
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Colorado in a presser right now talking about keeping the core structure in place and having a salary structure. Sounds like a team that is telling it's fans they are not willing to just spend all the money for the team. Pretty much sounds like they are protecting themselves against the backlash they might get it they don't sign Statsny or lose ROR due to him wanting too much.
I'm with you on the ROR trade. He would be an awesome 2nd line center compared to what we have.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:18 PM
  #281
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,145
vCash: 500
I'm not sure Streit is intended to replace Kimmo, unless their intention was to replace his flagging offense. I was under the impression that he was designed to bolster blueline offense in general on his own.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:19 PM
  #282
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
I'm with you on the ROR trade. He would be an awesome 2nd line center compared to what we have.
Yeah, our current 2nd line center is a winger who hasn't realized he's a winger yet.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:19 PM
  #283
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
And make sure we get rid of that ****** player Read right? He's never won a board battle so he's useless
Read is nothing like,King,Williams,Clifford,Lewis. He's soft and doesn't win board battles and has a good shot and that's it. No forecheck with our 3rd line.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:20 PM
  #284
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, our current 2nd line center is a winger who hasn't realized he's a winger yet.
That's right and if he could figure it out it would help the team in so many ways. Schenn has a hell of a shot.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:22 PM
  #285
whitstifier
Registered User
 
whitstifier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
I'm with you on the ROR trade. He would be an awesome 2nd line center compared to what we have.
Why not just sign Stastny? Wouldn't require giving up valuable assets and he'd cost just a little bit more (instead of 6-6.5M, 7-8M). Did you even consider that? He's a pretty exciting player too!

whitstifier is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:24 PM
  #286
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
We need any 4 of the wingers from these 2 groups and then we'll play in the other teams end for awhile.
Kings fans have been going on and on for a while now how useless King, Lewis and Clifford are. I agree that we need an upgrade at wing on the fourth line, but those guys aren't exactly the cream of the crop. Same goes for Dorsett, Carcillo and Moore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not sure Streit is intended to replace Kimmo, unless their intention was to replace his flagging offense. I was under the impression that he was designed to bolster blueline offense in general on his own.
I doubt they view him as Kimmo's replacement. Streit is more aggressive and not as sound in his own zone. He was brought in to help the transition game and getting pucks through the neutral zone, which he did well last year.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:24 PM
  #287
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitstifier View Post
Why not just sign Stastny? Wouldn't require giving up valuable assets and he'd cost just a little bit more (instead of 6-6.5M, 7-8M). Did you even consider that? He's a pretty exciting player too!
Lots of teams will try sign him and we have to move players to add some.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM
  #288
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
Read is nothing like,King,Williams,Clifford,Lewis. He's soft and doesn't win board battles and has a good shot and that's it. No forecheck with our 3rd line.
Think we could get a 7th round pick for him???

Striiker is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
  #289
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitstifier View Post
Why not just sign Stastny? Wouldn't require giving up valuable assets and he'd cost just a little bit more (instead of 6-6.5M, 7-8M). Did you even consider that? He's a pretty exciting player too!
My main reason I like ROR is because of his defense. You have a 1-2-3 of Giroux-ROR-Couts, it will be hell to play against for opposing teams. ROR has shown now he can put up points as well. Plus he is very versatile and plays PK. He would increase the team's defense.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:29 PM
  #290
whitstifier
Registered User
 
whitstifier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Think we could get a 7th round pick for him???
Ugh, I sure hope so. Throw in the lame ****er Couturier too. Need big, quick bodies to crash the net. Until then, the Flyers will never be a top 10 offensive team.

whitstifier is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:30 PM
  #291
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Think we could get a 7th round pick for him???
If you like him fine but if you wanna win the 3rd line has to play gritty and pop the odd goal not just skate up and down the ice and hope for a scoring chance. Klatt,Podein,Otto vs Read,Coots,Akeson and tell me who wins going head to head.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:31 PM
  #292
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitstifier View Post
Ugh, I sure hope so. Throw in the lame ****er Couturier too. Need big, quick bodies to crash the net. Until then, the Flyers will never be a top 10 offensive team.
If we toss in Couturier (incredibly boring slug player like Schenn) we might get a 6th or a 5th if we're lucky. And no, we can't have that, we need them to be big but slow and with zero offense.

Striiker is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:32 PM
  #293
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,145
vCash: 500
Weird, I guess all those board battles I've watched Read win didn't actually happen.

Read and Couturier were possession monsters deep in the opposing zone. Which was impressive, considering they were pretty much a two-man line all year. Read had no problems along the boards.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:33 PM
  #294
whitstifier
Registered User
 
whitstifier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
My main reason I like ROR is because of his defense. You have a 1-2-3 of Giroux-ROR-Couts, it will be hell to play against for opposing teams. ROR has shown now he can put up points as well. Plus he is very versatile and plays PK. He would increase the team's defense.
I think recalling Laughton and signing Goc/McClement are more reasonable moves to the end of making the Flyers a much more defensively responsible team. Giroux-Couturier-Goc/McClement-Laughton would be just as hellish for opposing teams.

whitstifier is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:33 PM
  #295
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
My main reason I like ROR is because of his defense. You have a 1-2-3 of Giroux-ROR-Couts, it will be hell to play against for opposing teams. ROR has shown now he can put up points as well. Plus he is very versatile and plays PK. He would increase the team's defense.
If Schenn and Lecavalier were the price (I can dream, right?) I'd be all over it. Wing remains an issue as Akeson is still unproven and who the hell knows what Leier is yet, but that would be a great center group.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:33 PM
  #296
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Weird, I guess all those board battles I've watched Read win didn't actually happen.

Read and Couturier were possession monsters deep in the opposing zone. Which was impressive, considering they were pretty much a two-man line all year. Read had no problems along the boards.
Hextall will show you soon enough when our 3rd and 4th lines become harder to play. Read LOL

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:33 PM
  #297
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Weird, I guess all those board battles I've watched Read win didn't actually happen.

Read and Couturier were possession monsters deep in the opposing zone. Which was impressive, considering they were pretty much a two-man line all year. Read had no problems along the boards.
Nah, don't be dumb. He's clearly gonna end up as Schenns supervisor at that last horrible job you mentioned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
Hextall will show you soon enough when our 3rd and 4th lines become harder to play. Read LOL
...I just can't even...

Striiker is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:35 PM
  #298
hatcher
Registered User
 
hatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
We are already sniffing around LA for J.Nolan who fits the bill but nothing is a surething.

hatcher is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
  #299
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
If you like him fine but if you wanna win the 3rd line has to play gritty and pop the odd goal not just skate up and down the ice and hope for a scoring chance. Klatt,Podein,Otto vs Read,Coots,Akeson and tell me who wins going head to head.
Matt Read scored 47, 46 (pro-rated) and 40 points in his three years of NHL experience. He scored 24, 21 (pro-rated) and 22 goals while doing so.

I'm not sure you know who Matt Read is.

dookie88 is offline  
Old
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
  #300
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 16,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
We are already sniffing around LA for J.Nolan who fits the bill but nothing is a surething.
nolan is an upgrade x 10 over rinaldo if you ask me. Big, can fly, and is a devastaing forechecker.

Jtown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.