HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Offseason Acquisitions III

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2014, 02:12 PM
hatcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Rangers:
Pouiliot-Brassard-MAZ
Dorsett/Carcillo-Boyle-Moore

Kings:
Williams-Stoll-King
Lewis-Richards-Clifford

That's not exactly up and coming talent right there. They're just better players than most have in their bottom six.
We need any 4 of the wingers from these 2 groups and then we'll play in the other teams end for awhile.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Colorado in a presser right now talking about keeping the core structure in place and having a salary structure. Sounds like a team that is telling it's fans they are not willing to just spend all the money for the team. Pretty much sounds like they are protecting themselves against the backlash they might get it they don't sign Statsny or lose ROR due to him wanting too much.

06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
To replace Kimmo. You get 4-5 years younger at Kimmo's spot. I doubt Kimmo is back next year. You get a guy who can act as a stopgap and ideally can do what Kimmo did for us -- sign 6 million dollar AAV short term deals (if he is open to it).

Vinny + Kimmo (retires next year let's pretend) almost equals Campbell's money. Plus, you resign Kimmo either way -- it's not written in the stars one can get Campbell.

It buys time and Campbell's deal is almost over -- then Flyers get first crack at resigning.
Isn't this reason why Streit was brought in? To essentially replace Kimmo? And then you suggest the Flyers try to resign him after his deal is over? How would that help our young guys develop?

IMO one of Ghost or Hagg will be ready to make the jump after this year. Putting yet another veteran presence on the blue line beyond this year could be detrimental to development. Campbell doesn't make sense for me.

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
We need any 4 of the wingers from these 2 groups and then we'll play in the other teams end for awhile.
And make sure we get rid of that ****** player Read right? He's never won a board battle so he's useless

Old
hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Colorado in a presser right now talking about keeping the core structure in place and having a salary structure. Sounds like a team that is telling it's fans they are not willing to just spend all the money for the team. Pretty much sounds like they are protecting themselves against the backlash they might get it they don't sign Statsny or lose ROR due to him wanting too much.
I'm with you on the ROR trade. He would be an awesome 2nd line center compared to what we have.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

I'm not sure Streit is intended to replace Kimmo, unless their intention was to replace his flagging offense. I was under the impression that he was designed to bolster blueline offense in general on his own.

06-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
I'm with you on the ROR trade. He would be an awesome 2nd line center compared to what we have.
Yeah, our current 2nd line center is a winger who hasn't realized he's a winger yet.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:19 PM
hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
And make sure we get rid of that ****** player Read right? He's never won a board battle so he's useless
Read is nothing like,King,Williams,Clifford,Lewis. He's soft and doesn't win board battles and has a good shot and that's it. No forecheck with our 3rd line.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:20 PM
hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, our current 2nd line center is a winger who hasn't realized he's a winger yet.
That's right and if he could figure it out it would help the team in so many ways. Schenn has a hell of a shot.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:22 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
Why not just sign Stastny? Wouldn't require giving up valuable assets and he'd cost just a little bit more (instead of 6-6.5M, 7-8M). Did you even consider that? He's a pretty exciting player too!

Old
06-19-2014, 02:24 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Kings fans have been going on and on for a while now how useless King, Lewis and Clifford are. I agree that we need an upgrade at wing on the fourth line, but those guys aren't exactly the cream of the crop. Same goes for Dorsett, Carcillo and Moore.

Quote:
I'm not sure Streit is intended to replace Kimmo, unless their intention was to replace his flagging offense. I was under the impression that he was designed to bolster blueline offense in general on his own.
I doubt they view him as Kimmo's replacement. Streit is more aggressive and not as sound in his own zone. He was brought in to help the transition game and getting pucks through the neutral zone, which he did well last year.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:24 PM
hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitstifier View Post
Why not just sign Stastny? Wouldn't require giving up valuable assets and he'd cost just a little bit more (instead of 6-6.5M, 7-8M). Did you even consider that? He's a pretty exciting player too!
Lots of teams will try sign him and we have to move players to add some.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Read is nothing like,King,Williams,Clifford,Lewis. He's soft and doesn't win board battles and has a good shot and that's it. No forecheck with our 3rd line.
Think we could get a 7th round pick for him???

Old
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
My main reason I like ROR is because of his defense. You have a 1-2-3 of Giroux-ROR-Couts, it will be hell to play against for opposing teams. ROR has shown now he can put up points as well. Plus he is very versatile and plays PK. He would increase the team's defense.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:29 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
Ugh, I sure hope so. Throw in the lame ****er Couturier too. Need big, quick bodies to crash the net. Until then, the Flyers will never be a top 10 offensive team.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:30 PM
hatcher

Quote:
If you like him fine but if you wanna win the 3rd line has to play gritty and pop the odd goal not just skate up and down the ice and hope for a scoring chance. Klatt,Podein,Otto vs Read,Coots,Akeson and tell me who wins going head to head.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Ugh, I sure hope so. Throw in the lame ****er Couturier too. Need big, quick bodies to crash the net. Until then, the Flyers will never be a top 10 offensive team.
If we toss in Couturier (incredibly boring slug player like Schenn) we might get a 6th or a 5th if we're lucky. And no, we can't have that, we need them to be big but slow and with zero offense.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Weird, I guess all those board battles I've watched Read win didn't actually happen.

Read and Couturier were possession monsters deep in the opposing zone. Which was impressive, considering they were pretty much a two-man line all year. Read had no problems along the boards.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:33 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
My main reason I like ROR is because of his defense. You have a 1-2-3 of Giroux-ROR-Couts, it will be hell to play against for opposing teams. ROR has shown now he can put up points as well. Plus he is very versatile and plays PK. He would increase the team's defense.
I think recalling Laughton and signing Goc/McClement are more reasonable moves to the end of making the Flyers a much more defensively responsible team. Giroux-Couturier-Goc/McClement-Laughton would be just as hellish for opposing teams.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
If Schenn and Lecavalier were the price (I can dream, right?) I'd be all over it. Wing remains an issue as Akeson is still unproven and who the hell knows what Leier is yet, but that would be a great center group.

Old
hatcher

Quote:
Weird, I guess all those board battles I've watched Read win didn't actually happen.

Read and Couturier were possession monsters deep in the opposing zone. Which was impressive, considering they were pretty much a two-man line all year. Read had no problems along the boards.
Hextall will show you soon enough when our 3rd and 4th lines become harder to play. Read LOL

Old
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:

Nah, don't be dumb. He's clearly gonna end up as Schenns supervisor at that last horrible job you mentioned.

Quote:
Hextall will show you soon enough when our 3rd and 4th lines become harder to play. Read LOL
...I just can't even...

Old
06-19-2014, 02:35 PM
hatcher

We are already sniffing around LA for J.Nolan who fits the bill but nothing is a surething.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
dookie88

Quote:
If you like him fine but if you wanna win the 3rd line has to play gritty and pop the odd goal not just skate up and down the ice and hope for a scoring chance. Klatt,Podein,Otto vs Read,Coots,Akeson and tell me who wins going head to head.
Matt Read scored 47, 46 (pro-rated) and 40 points in his three years of NHL experience. He scored 24, 21 (pro-rated) and 22 goals while doing so.

I'm not sure you know who Matt Read is.

Old
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Jtown

Quote:
We are already sniffing around LA for J.Nolan who fits the bill but nothing is a surething.
nolan is an upgrade x 10 over rinaldo if you ask me. Big, can fly, and is a devastaing forechecker.

Closed Thread