HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Campbell wants out..?

Old
06-18-2014, 02:43 PM
harv3317

vCash: 500
we need campbell and we need someone adequate to play along side him. if we keep campbell and get a legitimate #2 we will be on our way to very positive improvement on this team. if we lose him, we set ourselves back 2-3 years. personally i don't believe campbell requested a trade. at least i hope not!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 02:43 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
My point was that the one likely top4 signing would be paired with Campbell. If Campbell isn't here, that signing would be paired with Kuli who would be bumped up from the 2nd pairing, leading to someone (probably Guds) bumped up to replace Kuli, which then leaves an open spot on the bottom pairing. Jovo is still the captain of the team and I don't see Tallon signing a d-man just for the purpose of replacing Jovo.

Just like in 2011. Having the money doesn't necessarily lead to signing good players.

I think this is more closer to the truth, seriously who would be happy with the way the last two seasons have gone.

If DT fails to sign a competent d-man to pair with Campbell, then this will become a problem, no doubt about it.

Well said.
But we had nothing back then. Our core of young players didn't exist/weren't ready to take the next step. We're much closer to turning the corner now and we also had to spend to reach the cap floor. The idea now is that we'll be able to go after bigger fish because we have an owner with deeper pockets which we didn't have before and wont stop once we reach the floor.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 02:57 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Panthers Postseason?

vCash: 50
Marek was on Sportsnet up here this afternoon talking about him (one of the only good people they have.) He essentially said that he's pissed off because they've sucked the past 2 years but that the rumour he wants out is overblown.

IMO if the team doesn't get better this year, it will be his last season as a Panther.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 02:57 PM
AaronEkbald

If he notioned to Tallon in any way that he doesn't want to be here or he would like to be traded he won't be in our lineup next season. Guaranteed. Nothing against Campbell, love the guy and he's been our best player the past few years. But, if you don't want to be here or you aren't showing your potential, then you're not gonna be here. That's the Tallon way. It started with Horton.

AaronEkbald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 02:58 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing

To clarify guys, I'll be the first one to put my hand up and admit that I was wrong, if DT manages to sign more than one top4 d-man and/or multiple top6 forwards. I just don't see it happening and we should be glad if even one (from both) of those comes this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
But we had nothing back then. Our core of young players didn't exist/weren't ready to take the next step. We're much closer to turning the corner now and we also had to spend to reach the cap floor. The idea now is that we'll be able to go after bigger fish because we have an owner with deeper pockets which we didn't have before and wont stop once we reach the floor.
There's just so many better options available to them, that Florida is pretty low on their list. It's not a knock on the current situation of the team, the players, management, new owner, location, etc., it's just the way how UFAs prioritise things.

Players don't want to come here because there isn't a winning culture or/and a history of winning, nor is the area known for spewing out players that want to return home. Money isn't as big of a thing as people like to make it out to be, and most of the UFAs have already earned a substantial amount of it with their previous team(s) that they don't care if they earn a mill or two less with a team that guarantees him a sure trip to contend for the cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Marek was on Sportsnet up here this afternoon talking about him (one of the only good people they have.) He essentially said that he's pissed off because they've sucked the past 2 years but that the rumour he wants out is overblown.

IMO if the team doesn't get better this year, it will be his last season as a Panther.
I agree with this.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Cats2TheCup

Not at all surprised Campbell wants to leave. Guy looked like his heart just wasn't with the Panthers last year. If this is true, i fear things are nowhere near as stable on the top with Viola as we've all been led to believe. Maybe Campbell got word Bylsma is not coming and that blew out Campbells last candle.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:17 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
No but he knew exactly what he was getting into when he waived. He's got to roll with the punches. Nobody is happy that we've sucked the last two years.
What he got into was making the playoffs his 1st, named to the all-star team and getting the Bynf trophy. So he shouldn't be upset with the drop off if the last two years?

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:21 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats2TheCup View Post
Not at all surprised Campbell wants to leave. Guy looked like his heart just wasn't with the Panthers last year. If this is true, i fear things are nowhere near as stable on the top with Viola as we've all been led to believe. Maybe Campbell got word Bylsma is not coming and that blew out Campbells last candle.
Campbell is replaceable. He was a liability all year defensively. And without garrison he is completely ineffective in controlling our PP.

A judgement on whether viola is a good owner or not will be the amount of salary on our books on July 2nd. Only then, will I make that judgement call.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:21 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
What he got into was making the playoffs his 1st, named to the all-star team and getting the Bynf trophy. So he shouldn't be upset with the drop off if the last two years?
Everyone is upset. But wanting out or eluding to it (we haven't heard anyone else complain) is being a baby. That's why Tallon ships out people who don't want to be here.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Aksu
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 904
GUYSSSS

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 1m
#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon texted me that D Brian Campbell has not requested a trade.
Pembroke Pines, FL

Aksu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:22 PM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

Per GR

"#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon texted me that D Brian Campbell has not requested a trade."

That's some good news.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:27 PM
batting1k

Back to your regularly scheduled yet-to-be-announced head coach news...

batting1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Gudbranson44

#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon texted me that D Brian Campbell has not requested a trade.
Pembroke Pines, FL

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Aksu
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson44 View Post

Pembroke Pines, FL
You're a little late bro

Aksu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:36 PM
RCDeltaFixer

Well, that was a whole lot of worry for nothing. Back to being stressed and worried about our next coach/the draft!

RCDeltaFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Would Florida retain salary in a trade?

06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
BigNickBjugstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDeltaFixer View Post
Well, that was a whole lot of worry for nothing. Back to being stressed and worried about our next coach/the draft!

Losing Campbell would be bad, unless a suitable replacement can be found, as well as another top 4 D men. It will be tough enough to get a top 4 D men, never mind a top pairing D man.

BigNickBjugstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 03:40 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing

My guess what happened, Campbell said he's unhappy how the last two seasons have gone, Strickland drew the knee-jerk conclusion that he wants out.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
My guess what happened, Campbell said he's unhappy how the last two seasons have gone, Strickland drew the knee-jerk conclusion that he wants out.
Pretty much.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:08 PM
RCDeltaFixer

Quote:
I agree with this. I should have known better when GR was saying he had no clue what everyone was talking about. Campbell is definitely frustrated, you could see it in his play. And really, I don't blame him after the successful start he had here. I hope he's just expressing his frustration to Tallon, who is hopefully listening and telling Campbell that he'll have a legit top pairing D-man to work with next season.

RCDeltaFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:08 PM
gauseka15

Eh who cares, this is no big deal. Am i the only one who is happy to see this? People actually start to perform when there is a fire lit under their ass, tallon, so i expect to see some efforts to make the team better to make him happy.

gauseka15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:15 PM
harv3317

well, this puts the ball in tallon's court. if tallon feels he can get good value for campbell he can discuss a trade, or if there is no good option we keep him and move on. i think he'll be here next year with a somewhat revamped d. either way, tallon will make the call with the approval of campbell. but i think campbell will be in the starting line up. he's a classy guy, not a versteeg!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Beezeral

all of the recent news does not bode well for the panther's "plans" to spend more money this year

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Shockley
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
all of the recent news does not bode well for the panther's "plans" to spend more money this year
Do not confuse rumors with news.

This is Tallon's last shot at this team. He's going to take his time and make sure he picks the right coach, trade, etc.

Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
/thread

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote