HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Just Saw 24 For the First Time

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2005, 10:24 PM
PACaptain

vCash: 500
Just Saw 24 For the First Time

A&E ran a 24 marathon this weekend and it was the first time I have seen it....all I have to say is wow! Great show. It was a marathon of Season Four and it was some of the best TV I have ever seen. Between school, work, and hockey practice I never got into the show, but now I got to rent or borrow some of the season DVD's. Any suggestions on which season was the best? All I really knew about the show was that it was critically acclaimed and featured Kiefer Sutherland and the smokin hot Elisha Cuthbert.

Old
09-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Yayo

I haven't seen season four yet (planning to watch it on DVD when it comes out) but I'd recommend watching all three previous seasons starting with the first. Personally I liked the third season best but it seems like everyone's favorite season is different.

By the way, Elisha Cuthbert's storylines suck, plain and simple. She's just there for eye candy.

Old
09-05-2005, 10:52 PM
weaponomega

Season 4 was one of the best, if not the best one they did.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the seasons. They have all been absolutly amazing. 24 is the best show on t.v. Each season has been great and intense.

After season 1, there was no reason to have Jack's daughter on the show, but they kept her on, like Hammer Time said, for eye candy.

Season 4 was recast almost completly with just a few returning people. I have to say that I was very nervous about this, but the 24 executive seemed to pick the perfect actor for every role.

Old
09-05-2005, 11:23 PM
PACaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega
Season 4 was one of the best, if not the best one they did.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the seasons. They have all been absolutly amazing. 24 is the best show on t.v. Each season has been great and intense.

After season 1, there was no reason to have Jack's daughter on the show, but they kept her on, like Hammer Time said, for eye candy.

Season 4 was recast almost completly with just a few returning people. I have to say that I was very nervous about this, but the 24 executive seemed to pick the perfect actor for every role.

Thanks, I really liked season four. I want to borrow the other DVD's from my buddies because they used to talk about the show all the time but I just simply didn't have enough time to watch them. Would have been a good hobby to pick up during the time wasted with last season's lockout, but better late than never.

I will keep in mind that Elisha Cuthbert's scenes are somewhat worthless and just enjoy her for the eye candy she is.

Old
09-05-2005, 11:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Season 1 was the best. Followed by Season 4...which was no far behind AT ALL. 2 and 3 were also great..the whole damn show is great.

I suggest you see Season 1 before you watch season 2 or 3 because theres a big spoiler in 2 and 3.

You can buy all 3 seasons on DVD at Amazon.com for only 120 bucks. You save 80 bucks.

Old
09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
PACaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Season 1 was the best. Followed by Season 4...which was no far behind AT ALL. 2 and 3 were also great..the whole damn show is great.

I suggest you see Season 1 before you watch season 2 or 3 because theres a big spoiler in 2 and 3.

You can buy all 3 seasons on DVD at Amazon.com for only 120 bucks. You save 80 bucks.
Yeah, I was going to watch them in order. I heard a few things from other people I know that watched the show as far as spoilers but I forgot most of it since then. 120 for the 3 DVD's isn't bad at all, but I think I'll rent/borrow first and gauge my level of obsession before purchasing.

Old
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Be warned ... when you have the DVDs, there'll be a temptation to keep watching, "just one more episode!" Before you know it, you'll look at the clock and go, "oh crap!"

It can be even worse than having to wait a week between each one (or during the first 3 seasons, the occasional 5 week break).

Keep in mind, though, that watching the eps back to back you start to notice more plot problems (like characters healing within hours, travel taking too much/too little time depending on plot needs).

Old
09-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Aerolanche

I knew there would be a thread like this after the marathon. I watched the entire thing (sadly). I just started watching it this summer, I rented the DVDs of seasons 1, 2, and 3, and I got hooked as well.

My situation is the same as yours, I have hockey practise and school to work around. Season 5 will be starting in January and I WILL find a way to fit it in .

My favorite season (besides season 4 as of now) is season 2, but I suggest you start from season 1 and watch each episode in a row because this show is in sequence even inter-season. Information from season 2 is vital to season 1 and may spoil.

Oh, and for the record, Mia Kirshner (Mandy, the girl that took Tony hostage) is by far the hottest girl on this show, that includes Elisha .

Old
09-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Dartmouth 02

I watched S4 religiously this year, and thought it was pretty darned good. But after watching S1 on DVD, i dont even think they compare. While it was good entertainment, there was plenty to be desired this past season. Disappearing plotlines and characters, infinite escapes-from-capture, and a ridiculously complex and overreaching terror plot. Plus, the heavy-handed way they addressed torture really left a bad taste in my mouth, esp. when compared to the nuance and depth they gave that issue in S1.

Great show, nonetheless. S5 should be interesting.

Last edited by Dartmouth 02: 09-06-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old
09-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Best (action, thriller) show ever, nothing really compares.

Old
09-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Nobody remember the huge Official S4 24 Thread?

Old
09-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Nobody remember the huge Official S4 24 Thread?
I would have liked to read/post in it but since i didnt get the DVD set until mid-august i didnt want to read any spoilers..

Time fo a S5 thread ?

Closed Thread