HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

James Neal to Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2014, 12:57 PM
  #1
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
James Neal to Ottawa

According to a Pittsburgh article, Ottawa is interested in Neal and is monitoring if the Pens are indeed interested in trading him. Curious what Pens fans would want in return.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:58 PM
  #2
BonMorrison
Always on fleek.
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,958
vCash: 500
Ryan would have to go the other way, no?

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:58 PM
  #3
bobandy17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
According to a Pittsburgh article, Ottawa is interested in Neal and is monitoring if the Pens are indeed interested in trading him. Curious what Pens fans would want in return.
Ottawa couldnt afford the return that would be needed

bobandy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:00 PM
  #4
Black Label
Registered User
 
Black Label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KÝbenhavn
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Something around Ryan could work.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:03 PM
  #5
Karl Eriksson
Registered User
 
Karl Eriksson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 375
All the beaver tails

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:06 PM
  #6
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Something around Ryan could work.
No point then ,if we are interested in neal .It would be to add to our top 6 not take away from it

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:06 PM
  #7
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,974
vCash: 50
No thanks

I don't want no badittude on the Senators

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:07 PM
  #8
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Something around Ryan could work.
Nope. Dont want Neal.

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:08 PM
  #9
Karl Eriksson
Registered User
 
Karl Eriksson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
No thanks

I don't want no badittude on the Senators
He could really help Cowen elevate his headshots to the next level. That type of leadership is an intangible that is hard to value.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:08 PM
  #10
Black Label
Registered User
 
Black Label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KÝbenhavn
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
No point then ,if we are interested in neal .It would be to add to our top 6 not take away from it
Pretty much. Pens need top 6 skill and Ryan is really the only one that fits the bill on Ottawa. If both teams are trying to improve their top 6 wingers than there isn't a trade to be made unless both teams want to shake things up.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:11 PM
  #11
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Pretty much. Pens need top 6 skill and Ryan is really the only one that fits the bill on Ottawa. If both teams are trying to improve their top 6 wingers than there isn't a trade to be made unless both teams want to shake things up.
What pittsburgh needs is depth everywhere,the top 6 even without neal is still one of the best in the league .The defense,bottom 6 ,and in nets could use the refreshing

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:11 PM
  #12
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Pretty much. Pens need top 6 skill and Ryan is really the only one that fits the bill on Ottawa. If both teams are trying to improve their top 6 wingers than there isn't a trade to be made unless both teams want to shake things up.
If a team like Pittsburgh who has Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz,Neal needs another top 6 player then a team with Turris,MacArthur, Ryan,Zibanejad, Michalek definitely needs a top 6 player.

No to this deal, we wont trade Ryan to shake things up. We gave up young players for him.

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:13 PM
  #13
Ouroboros
Registered User
 
Ouroboros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,702
vCash: 1076
Greening, Culek and a 2nd in 2015.

Ottawa gets some skill to offset the loss of Spezza and Pittsburgh gets some elite depth. Win-win.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:16 PM
  #14
Black Label
Registered User
 
Black Label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KÝbenhavn
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
What pittsburgh needs is depth everywhere,the top 6 even without neal is still one of the best in the league .The defense,bottom 6 ,and in nets could use the refreshing
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
If a team like Pittsburgh who has Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz,Neal needs another top 6 player then a team with Turris,MacArthur, Ryan,Zibanejad, Michalek definitely needs a top 6 player.

No to this deal, we wont trade Ryan to shake things up. We gave up young players for him.
If Neal gets traded and doesn't bring back a top 6 winger then the only legit top 6 winger the Pens have is Kunitz and he isn't even a goal scorer really. Trading Neal makes no sense if a goal scorer isn't coming back. It doesn't matter how good Crosby and Malkin are if there is no one to score on their passes or at least create space.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:19 PM
  #15
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,974
vCash: 50
Well it does depend

Maybe Pittsburgh feels good about landing Hemsky so they could maybe afford to trade a top 6 winger to improve their bottom 6 which is certainly nowhere near good enough to compete for the Cup as it stands now

Not really saying you guys should but I don't think a scenario that would have the Penguins trading Neal without getting a top 6 winger back is impossible; it would be a big gamble though

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:19 PM
  #16
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
If Neal gets traded and doesn't bring back a top 6 winger then the only legit top 6 winger the Pens have is Kunitz and he isn't even a goal scorer really. Trading Neal makes no sense if a goal scorer isn't coming back. It doesn't matter how good Crosby and Malkin are if there is no one to score on their passes or at least create space.
Pittsburgh needs to reload here on the fly ,trading neal for another neal type is lateral at best .I bet they move him for a good young nhl winger with potential,a high first and a very good prospect

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:22 PM
  #17
Black Label
Registered User
 
Black Label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KÝbenhavn
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Pittsburgh needs to reload here on the fly ,trading neal for another neal type is lateral at best .I bet they move him for a good young nhl winger with potential,a high first and a very good prospect
If Rutherford wants to get kicked out of town in his first offseason, that would be the exact type of trade he should make.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:24 PM
  #18
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
If Neal gets traded and doesn't bring back a top 6 winger then the only legit top 6 winger the Pens have is Kunitz and he isn't even a goal scorer really. Trading Neal makes no sense if a goal scorer isn't coming back. It doesn't matter how good Crosby and Malkin are if there is no one to score on their passes or at least create space.
My point is Crosby + Malkin will probably score more goals than Ottawa's top 6 if Ryan was traded. We need influx of skill rather than exchange, and we need it more badly than you guys.

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:25 PM
  #19
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
If Rutherford wants to get kicked out of town in his first offseason, that would be the exact type of trade he should make.
Dude look at your team, and ask yourself is a james neal or a bobby ryan away from a cup??The bottom 6 and the defense need some love big time ,not to mention what to do with fleury.Iam not hating just trying to be logical

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:25 PM
  #20
PensBeerGeek
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Greening, Culek and a 2nd in 2015.

Ottawa gets some skill to offset the loss of Spezza and Pittsburgh gets some elite depth. Win-win.
A 17 point player with a $2.6 million cap hit, a 6.5D prospect and a 2nd for a player who is nearly at a PPG over the last 3 seasons?

One of those wins is accurate anyway...

PensBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:25 PM
  #21
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Greening, Culek and a 2nd in 2015.

Ottawa gets some skill to offset the loss of Spezza and Pittsburgh gets some elite depth. Win-win.
We'll take Karlsson for Scuderi, Reid McNeil and 1st 2014 then.


Last edited by wej20: 06-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.
wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:25 PM
  #22
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 50
Yea this rumor makes no sense. The two teams both need more scoring wingers and not less.

Its nice to think about from an Ottawa perspective though.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Neal-Zibanejad-Stone

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:26 PM
  #23
thomashefe
Registered User
 
thomashefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Greening, Culek and a 2nd in 2015.

Ottawa gets some skill to offset the loss of Spezza and Pittsburgh gets some elite depth. Win-win.
They see me trollin'....

thomashefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:26 PM
  #24
Black Label
Registered User
 
Black Label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KÝbenhavn
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
My point is Crosby + Malkin will probably score more goals than Ottawa's top 6 if Ryan was traded. We need influx of skill rather than exchange, and we need it more badly than you guys.
Which is why I said that there really isn't a deal to be made unless both teams feel a shake up is needed. And I haven't read anything to suggest that Ottawa is disenchanted with Bobby Ryan.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 01:27 PM
  #25
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
We'll take Karlsson for Scuderi, Reid McNeil and 1st 2014.
You spell malkin different than i do

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.