HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Off-season discussion Part 3 (All your ****** proposals go here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2014, 11:56 AM
K1ng0fthecastl3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse40 View Post
If i dream a little, i would move things around...even if we got to the ECF. I go after stastny and start with that blueprint:

Pacioretty - Stastny (6.6) - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller (3.25) - Gionta (3.5)
Bournival - Briere - Bourque
Prust - White - Weise

Markov - Subban(8.0)
Beaulieu - Emelin
Gorges - Weaver(1.3)
Pateryn - Tinordi

Price
Tokarski

Then we add the returns from Plekanec + Desharnais + Moen + Budaj
Even if they would brings only picks....Habs would still have 7 to 8 millions to play in the UFA but i would expect a solid winger for Plek+ and a good 3rd line center for DD +. And still could use some picks inluding 1st round and mid prospect like Nygren, Thomas, Andrighetto to close some trades.
So we are getting rid of the top 2 centers and get maybe a winger or picks.....Why are you rebuilding the forwards when it isn't necessary to do but some tweaks. Also why isn't gally playing centre?

Old
06-24-2014, 12:14 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Lateral moves don't happen often. Leaving the AC gig in Winnipeg for Montreal's might hurt his reputation in the future.
Haven't read posts past this but for a french quebecer, being assistant coach in Montreal gives him the inside track for head coach later. Which is probably not a likelihood in Winnipeg. So it's probably not a lateral move for his career.

Also, with Noel gone, he might be living on borrowed time in Winnipeg. Just speculation on my part, I don't know his situation.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
whitstifier

Flyers fan here. How do you guys value Simmonds? What would you see as a fair trade between the Flyers and Canadiens?

Old
06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
That's BS.

Gionta got 33 of his 40 points 5 on 5.

By comparison Gallagher got 32, Galchneyuk 21, Plerkanec 33, Pacioretty 43, Desharnais 37 Subban 30.
He got 2nd most 5v5 ice time amongst our forwards. And some PP time. I never said he got a ton of PP time. I said he got a ton of ice time.

Quote:
He got 13 of his 18 goals AFTER January 1st, so obviously his surgery impacted his early goal totals. 12 of the 13 were 5 on 5.

12 ES goals the last 41 games shows he has something left in the tank. Plus when he was put with Eller and Bourque, both got going. I'm sure his leadership and work ethic was a factor there.
I'm not sure why all of this matters. I really don't care about his second half. I could just as well point to his 1g in 17 playoffs games... 3rd line winger with Eller and Bourque is how he should be used. And I'm not looking forward to 1 goal in 17 games type production with him on the third line. Well, I guess it would be better during the regular season because we would face worse teams on average but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitstifier View Post
Flyers fan here. How do you guys value Simmonds? What would you see as a fair trade between the Flyers and Canadiens?
Simmonds is exactly what we need. But I imagine the flyers would want a lot for him.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
He got 2nd most 5v5 ice time amongst our forwards. And some PP time. I never said he got a ton of PP time. I said he got a ton of ice time.

I'm not sure why all of this matters. I really don't care about his second half. I could just as well point to his 1g in 17 playoffs games... 3rd line winger with Eller and Bourque is how he should be used. And I'm not looking forward to 1 goal in 17 games type production with him on the third line. Well, I guess it would be better during the regular season because we would face worse teams on average but still...

Simmonds is exactly what we need. But I imagine the flyers would want a lot for him.
Go look up Gionta's playoff stats, the 1 G in 17 games in an aberration. He's always been a good playoff performer. People use that stats because it's convenient for their "get rid of the smurfs" agenda.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
sharks9

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74

@RealKyper on @SNHockeyCentral: Patrick Sharpe available via trade. Hawks clearing money for Toews/Kane extensions and/or Kesler or Spezza?

I'd love to get Sharp but I'm not sure what they'd want for him from us. Plekanec ++?

Old
06-24-2014, 12:49 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
That's okay. I won't get sensitive if I disagree with something. I'm just curious to see what you'd come up with.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:50 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74

@RealKyper on @SNHockeyCentral: Patrick Sharpe available via trade. Hawks clearing money for Toews/Kane extensions and/or Kesler or Spezza?

I'd love to get Sharp but I'm not sure what they'd want for him from us. Plekanec ++?
They are trying to clear cap. So no, not Plekanec...

Old
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Hannibal
Fear the Weber

Quote:
That's okay. I won't get sensitive if I disagree with something. I'm just curious to see what you'd come up with.
I love Simmonds. But i guess you would want Subban for him, and it's a big no from us...!

Old
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
They are trying to clear cap. So no, not Plekanec...
But if they can't get Kesler/Spezza they could possibly want Plekanec as their #2C.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:57 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I love Simmonds. But i guess you would want Subban for him, and it's a big no from us...!
What about Pacioretty?

Old
06-24-2014, 12:57 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
There isn't anything I can think of that would be fair and that we could deal away. I think Simmonds is out of our reach.

Quote:
What about Pacioretty?
No thanks

Old
06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Love Simmonds, but I wouldn't want to give up Patches, Subban or Price, or Galchenyuk obviously. Anything else is on the table.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Pacioretty is worth a lot more than Simmonds, but swapping Simmonds for Pacioretty doesn't really make sense for either team imo.

Old
06-24-2014, 01:02 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Go look up Gionta's playoff stats, the 1 G in 17 games in an aberration. He's always been a good playoff performer. People use that stats because it's convenient for their "get rid of the smurfs" agenda.
Yeah he was.. before he got major operations on both arms.

The situation has changed. It's not a case where Gionta simply was unlucky or had a bad stretch. He is simply that limited now. He's slowly losing speed, bit by bit, and he never had that great of a shot to begin with, and he simply has no juice on his shots now. Hell, he's even losing some of his amazing hand-eye coordination..

He knows it too because he takes fewer shots than he used to. He used to shoot from everywhere and nowhere. He was a shot machine. I always thought it was a bit silly how he shot from areas on the ice where you can't possibly score. Not with the physical tools he has anyway. But now he has realized that his 1/20 chance of scoring from those areas has dropped even further and he simply doesn't even attempt to shoot like he used to.

You're not going to see Gionta score 30 goals in a season ever again even with prime ice time like he got this season. He's a guy who works hard and leaves it on the ice. It's not gonna get better.

I'd put money on Bourque scoring 30 goals way before Gionta.

Quote:
Trade proposals just aren't my thing. But Simmonds certainly is an amazing player and exactly what we need.

Old
06-24-2014, 01:04 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Love Simmonds, but I wouldn't want to give up Patches, Subban or Price, or Galchenyuck obviously. Anything else is on the table.
Okay, try piecing together a proposal with your "anything else."

Old
06-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Gorges + Moen and a 2nd

Old
06-24-2014, 01:09 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Gorges + Moen and a 2nd
I'd drive them to the airport myself.

Old
06-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Scuba-Steve

Quote:
Gallagher + Beaulieu or Tinordi + Tokarski or 2nd 2015 is something i could live with.

Old
06-24-2014, 01:11 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
Gallagher + Beaulieu or Tinordi + Tokarski or 2nd 2015 is something i could live with.
No Way

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yeah he was.. before he got major operations on both arms.

The situation has changed. It's not a case where Gionta simply was unlucky or had a bad stretch. He is simply that limited now. He's slowly losing speed, bit by bit, and he never had that great of a shot to begin with, and he simply has no juice on his shots now. Hell, he's even losing some of his amazing hand-eye coordination..

He knows it too because he takes fewer shots than he used to. He used to shoot from everywhere and nowhere. He was a shot machine. I always thought it was a bit silly how he shot from areas on the ice where you can't possibly score. Not with the physical tools he has anyway. But now he has realized that his 1/20 chance of scoring from those areas has dropped even further and he simply doesn't even attempt to shoot like he used to.

You're not going to see Gionta score 30 goals in a season ever again even with prime ice time like he got this season. He's a guy who works hard and leaves it on the ice. It's not gonna get better.

I'd put money on Bourque scoring 30 goals way before Gionta.
He probably won't score 30 with a dinished role...but again you won't get a uFA 30 goal scorer for under 6 mil either...

As my numbers above showed, he scored 13 goals in the 2nd half including 12 at ES...who did better than him other than Pacioretty? This was with declining ice time. He had scored 5 in the first half, so obviously his arms were getting better down the stretch.

You can't say the 1 in 17 games shows he can't score because of the injuries when the second half numbers show the complete opposite...

Old
Raimu

Quote:
Gallagher + a pick or prospect (in the second-third round range) maybe?

Simmonds has a great contract so, there's nothing else I can see as being "worth it" from the flyers perspective outside of the big 4 I just mentioned.

I love Gallagher as much as the next guy on these boards, but I think Simmonds is the player you're hoping for him to become production wise, and, well, he's not going to develop the extra 4-5 inches or so Simmonds has on him. Gallagher is younger and a cheaper cap hit for Philly.

My main concern with Gallagher is, can he play his style of game past 25(give or take a few years)? His body takes quite the beating every night, and he'll never back down no matter how banged up he gets.

Old
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Eller + McCarron?

Old
06-24-2014, 01:15 PM
whitstifier

Quote:
Tokarski as a backup is intriguing. Not too interested in Gallagher.

Old
06-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Gallagher + Beaulieu or Tinordi, for me, the Flyers would have to sweeten the pot a bit. If you're adding in Tokarski I'd be asking for a prospect back as well.

Old
06-24-2014, 01:28 PM
whitstifier

Thanks, guys! This was helpful. I'm bad at offering fair proposals. I just wanted to see what MTL fans would willingly give up for Simmonds.

Closed Thread