HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Official Golf Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2017, 01:14 PM
  #501
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
A Fathers Day 81 for me this morning

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
  #502
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
A Fathers Day 81 for me this morning
a good son would have made sure a sub 80 round went on record

Nice round

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 08:06 PM
  #503
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
a good son would have made sure a sub 80 round went on record

Nice round
Thanks

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 05:58 AM
  #504
BruinsFuse
Registered User
 
BruinsFuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Playing Osprey on the 28th of this month with 3 foursome`s hacking our way around a fun track.

I played Glen Arbour a few weeks ago, my neighbor is a marshall there and snagged us a nice rate. In great shape, $75 buckaroos though for "non marshall" tee times. PM me as the date looms closer

Love to play with BruinsFuse to watch him break a course record and allow me to bend his ear for 4-5 hours at ways to improve my game

I can`t do Granite Springs, just can`t stand that course. far too often I`ve hit a drive down the middle and never found the thing. I like the layout, don`t like the fact the course sits on granite where far too often I feel like the golfer is punished for good shots

I don't think any course records are in jeopardy here! I have only been playing once a week or so the past few years. Some days are way better than most. Depending on what days in July those games are going to be I would be interested in meeting a few HFers for a game.
I have most of my vacation time used up for golf this summer but could swing something with the boss.
Tip for ODAAT: Keep your head down! haha Mainly so you don't see my bad ones and you still believe I can break a course record.

BruinsFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 07:30 AM
  #505
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFuse View Post
I don't think any course records are in jeopardy here! I have only been playing once a week or so the past few years. Some days are way better than most. Depending on what days in July those games are going to be I would be interested in meeting a few HFers for a game.
I have most of my vacation time used up for golf this summer but could swing something with the boss.
Tip for ODAAT: Keep your head down! haha Mainly so you don't see my bad ones and you still believe I can break a course record.
head down and eyes shut, recipe for success

Buddy and I hitting Truro this Thursday, city course not Mountain as they have something going on. Shorty course if I recall correctly and was in great condition the only other time I`ve played there a few years back.

You need to change jobs, any boss who doesn`t understand the importance of playing hooky and hitting the links isn`t worth working for

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 07:15 AM
  #506
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Had the pleasure of experiencing my second sub 80 round yesterday in Truro (city course). Not the longest track in the world, not necessarily the most difficult track either but it can bite you around the greens on approaches. Either way, hit 13 greens in reg, lost balls, 0 penalty strokes, 0 three putts, usually a good recipe to post a decent score.

I love this course (not just because I broke 80), reasonably priced at $60 and I played with a buddy who`s about a 25 handicapper who can still enjoy himself there as it`s very fair, an easy walk, always in great shape and the members who play there are always fun to play with.

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:39 AM
  #507
BruinsFuse
Registered User
 
BruinsFuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Had the pleasure of experiencing my second sub 80 round yesterday in Truro (city course). Not the longest track in the world, not necessarily the most difficult track either but it can bite you around the greens on approaches. Either way, hit 13 greens in reg, lost balls, 0 penalty strokes, 0 three putts, usually a good recipe to post a decent score.

I love this course (not just because I broke 80), reasonably priced at $60 and I played with a buddy who`s about a 25 handicapper who can still enjoy himself there as it`s very fair, an easy walk, always in great shape and the members who play there are always fun to play with.
Nice, well done! I agree. Truro is a great "city" style course. The only issue is when the wind blows, it literally stinks. That plant that is right next to it creates some of the worst smells I have ever come across and that is saying something working next to the Halifax waterfront!
I will always have a soft spot for Truro because that was the course that I qualified as a pro on. Shot even the first day and was able to cruise home on the second day which ended up being a rainy windy mess.
I am playing in my first tournament of the year tomorrow. Should be interesting as it is my first one in a few years. I was unable to play in any for two years as I was on a probation period to get my amateur status back.
Golf is way more fun as an amateur!

BruinsFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 09:59 AM
  #508
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFuse View Post
Nice, well done! I agree. Truro is a great "city" style course. The only issue is when the wind blows, it literally stinks. That plant that is right next to it creates some of the worst smells I have ever come across and that is saying something working next to the Halifax waterfront!
I will always have a soft spot for Truro because that was the course that I qualified as a pro on. Shot even the first day and was able to cruise home on the second day which ended up being a rainy windy mess.
I am playing in my first tournament of the year tomorrow. Should be interesting as it is my first one in a few years. I was unable to play in any for two years as I was on a probation period to get my amateur status back.
Golf is way more fun as an amateur!
It was windy yesterday but thankfully my sinuses are so bad I rarely smell anything....other than the stench that comes with a double bogey

Good luck tomorrow, where is the tourney?

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 02:05 PM
  #509
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
A 79 at Brookmeadow today

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 03:39 PM
  #510
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
A 79 at Brookmeadow today


that`s what I`m talking about

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2017, 07:25 PM
  #511
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post


that`s what I`m talking about
Thanks

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:59 AM
  #512
BruinsFuse
Registered User
 
BruinsFuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
It was windy yesterday but thankfully my sinuses are so bad I rarely smell anything....other than the stench that comes with a double bogey

Good luck tomorrow, where is the tourney?
It was in Chester. Finished 2nd overall so not a bad day! A young kid who is on a scholarship down in the states fired a nice little 4-under 66. Tough to match that one. It was a strange day. Rain and wind and then changed to calm and foggy midway through. Started on Hole 10 for a shotgun. Had a double bogey on 12 and then a triple bogey on 17. Managed to pull it back on the front 9 with a 1-under 34 to shoot 74.
I will take it with a couple holes like that.
This season has been so strange. I have only played one round without a jacket on! Come on summer!

BruinsFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 06:53 AM
  #513
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFuse View Post
It was in Chester. Finished 2nd overall so not a bad day! A young kid who is on a scholarship down in the states fired a nice little 4-under 66. Tough to match that one. It was a strange day. Rain and wind and then changed to calm and foggy midway through. Started on Hole 10 for a shotgun. Had a double bogey on 12 and then a triple bogey on 17. Managed to pull it back on the front 9 with a 1-under 34 to shoot 74.
I will take it with a couple holes like that.
This season has been so strange. I have only played one round without a jacket on! Come on summer!
Nice, congrats, a triple and a double and still a 74...yes please. Weather wasn`t great for sure.

I have organized 16 of us to play at Osprey on Wednesday, the once a summer get together for the group of us which is hard to plan with life, kids, wives/girlfriends. Was hoping for a glorious sunshine day but a few showers expected but that won`t matter, we`ll still play then I play Ashburn new course on Canada day

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 07:13 AM
  #514
Patrice37
Registered User
 
Patrice37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 781
Country: United States
Posts: 1,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
90 at George Wright yesterday with an 8 on #3. Left probably 6-7 putts out there as well. Overall great day since the beers were ice cold.

Patrice37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 08:01 AM
  #515
BruinsFuse
Registered User
 
BruinsFuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Nice, congrats, a triple and a double and still a 74...yes please. Weather wasn`t great for sure.

I have organized 16 of us to play at Osprey on Wednesday, the once a summer get together for the group of us which is hard to plan with life, kids, wives/girlfriends. Was hoping for a glorious sunshine day but a few showers expected but that won`t matter, we`ll still play then I play Ashburn new course on Canada day
Thanks! It was a tough grind and I thought the triple was a killer. Worst part was I actually hit great shots. My double was a 3 putt from about 6 feet. The triple I hit the second shot right at the pin but flew the green. Was playing for the wind but it didn't touch it. Ended up in some bushes and we all know how that goes.
Awesome, I usually play Osprey once a year. Talk about hills! I hope you are carting it. New Ashburn is in fantastic shape. The greens are about perfect. I used to be one of the pros there. I still get out every now and again.

So glad there are OT threads for stuff like this. I just lurk on the Bruins related threads because even though I am a die hard, I have very little to add to what all of you guys and gals supply us with!
A big thanks as this site is pretty much my go to for all hockey related stuff and has been since I joined.

BruinsFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 02:23 PM
  #516
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFuse View Post
Thanks! It was a tough grind and I thought the triple was a killer. Worst part was I actually hit great shots. My double was a 3 putt from about 6 feet. The triple I hit the second shot right at the pin but flew the green. Was playing for the wind but it didn't touch it. Ended up in some bushes and we all know how that goes.
Awesome, I usually play Osprey once a year. Talk about hills! I hope you are carting it. New Ashburn is in fantastic shape. The greens are about perfect. I used to be one of the pros there. I still get out every now and again.

So glad there are OT threads for stuff like this. I just lurk on the Bruins related threads because even though I am a die hard, I have very little to add to what all of you guys and gals supply us with!
A big thanks as this site is pretty much my go to for all hockey related stuff and has been since I joined.
120$ for two and a cart, we have 4 foursome`s heading out for a day, shower or two in the morning but 20 our so we`ll have a blast

Played Ashburn a month ago and it was already in great shape, so too was my game, parred the first 7 holes, then my buddy reminded me of how well I was playing and finished the last 2 holes 4+

Didn`t play terrific on the back but still finished with an 81 which I was more than happy with.

Hit em straight

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 07:04 AM
  #517
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
83 at Osprey Ridge yesterday. I played much better than that. If there`s such a thing as hitting the ball too well that`s what I did and it cost me some penalty strokes. An example was a hole I hit my one iron specifically as it was, I thought, the "safe" club to not have the ability to catch the woods on the side of the fairway it`s recommended you come in from but nope, rolled into the woods, had no shot at punching it forward.

Par three on the back, elevated green, 141 yds, no wind, hit a sand wedge over the green and it conveniently took a nasty bounce, wound up in a spot where I could chip it onto the green.........about 60 feet from the hole

Happy with the score, haven`t hit the ball that purely in a long time, just took too many PED`s prior to the round. Great track, perfect shape, had a group of 16 go out which was a blast.

Next up, weather permitting, back to new Ashburn for our annual Canada Day round

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 01:50 PM
  #518
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
83 at Osprey Ridge yesterday. I played much better than that. If there`s such a thing as hitting the ball too well that`s what I did and it cost me some penalty strokes. An example was a hole I hit my one iron specifically as it was, I thought, the "safe" club to not have the ability to catch the woods on the side of the fairway it`s recommended you come in from but nope, rolled into the woods, had no shot at punching it forward.

Par three on the back, elevated green, 141 yds, no wind, hit a sand wedge over the green and it conveniently took a nasty bounce, wound up in a spot where I could chip it onto the green.........about 60 feet from the hole

Happy with the score, haven`t hit the ball that purely in a long time, just took too many PED`s prior to the round. Great track, perfect shape, had a group of 16 go out which was a blast.

Next up, weather permitting, back to new Ashburn for our annual Canada Day round
Been there. Great ball striking with bad course management.

Golf.....

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 02:51 PM
  #519
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,857
vCash: 500
did 9 holes at the local par3 course yesterday at lunch.
shot a 34. Not bad for the first outing of the year.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 03:41 PM
  #520
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Been there. Great ball striking with bad course management.

Golf.....
This was even more frustrating than that, I thought I was doing the responsible thing, taking less club than I would if I let the wreckless side of my brain have it`s way. I am almost sure I pulled the driver out 2 times, that was it and the ball was just rolling which was odd as the course wasn`t dry. Oh well, as I said, one of the best ball striking days I`ve had in a long time so really am not too disappointed

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 03:42 PM
  #521
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
did 9 holes at the local par3 course yesterday at lunch.
shot a 34. Not bad for the first outing of the year.
par 3`s/wide open courses/easier courses, end of the day, we still have to make the shots, nothing wrong with a 34 on 9

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 08:40 AM
  #522
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 32,597
vCash: 500
Have golfed since I was 11-12 (not very well), but not much in recent years. I tried to get my kids involved (to no avail) because it's tough justifying 4-5 hours on a Saturday unless it's a family endeavor. Last Friday was my 8th grader's last day of school and he comes home with a sleeve of Strata golf balls. I ask him why he has those and he tells me because he signed up for the HS Golf team.

I say that's great...except you don't know how to golf. He laughs and says he will learn over the summer Apparently, three or four of his friends golf and he wants to be on the team with them, which outweighed me trying to get him golfing for the last 3-4 years.

It's a good deal for him. He gets to hang out with his buds, we pay the athletic fee, and as a member of the team, he can play the local course for free. He plays hockey and lacrosse and I have no doubt that he will be a better golfer than I am within months, but no real pressure either as only the Top 7 play in matches.

Kids.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 12:32 PM
  #523
Bruins Uncensored
frmrly Scotiahockey
 
Bruins Uncensored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bruins Uncensored Send a message via MSN to Bruins Uncensored Send a message via Yahoo to Bruins Uncensored Send a message via Skype™ to Bruins Uncensored
July 10-18 (ish) Looking for playing partners in Nova Scotia

ODDAT- (and anyone else)

I'm looking to get on Chester, Glen Arbour, Osprey Ridge, and Granite Springs... I know that you don't care for Granite Springs, but I need to go meet the GM there to see about some marketing opportunities.

If there are any other courses that I could sneak in, I am all ears.

I am going to be arriving on Monday the 10th or Tues the 11th, so I am looking to golf on the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th ,17th(might do a round a day)

I'll be based in Bridgewater.

Have to drive back south on the 18th.

I'll be making arrangements over the weekend so if anyone is interested in pairing up, holler at me.

Glenn

Bruins Uncensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 01:11 PM
  #524
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Uncensored View Post
ODDAT- (and anyone else)

I'm looking to get on Chester, Glen Arbour, Osprey Ridge, and Granite Springs... I know that you don't care for Granite Springs, but I need to go meet the GM there to see about some marketing opportunities.

If there are any other courses that I could sneak in, I am all ears.

I am going to be arriving on Monday the 10th or Tues the 11th, so I am looking to golf on the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th ,17th(might do a round a day)

I'll be based in Bridgewater.

Have to drive back south on the 18th.

I'll be making arrangements over the weekend so if anyone is interested in pairing up, holler at me.

Glenn
I`d stomach a round at Granite, in fact, doing so next Monday as I was given free passes and I`m taking my neighbor who treated me to a round at Glen Arbour<<< hardly seems like a fair way to return the favor but....

Rates for GA are below or at least the website
http://www.glenarbour.com/rates/green-fees/

Tell ya one thing, I`d gladly meet you in Chester, $63 a round if not mistaken, name your day and time. I like Glen Arbour but I`d take Chester 8 days a week before it

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2017, 01:18 PM
  #525
Bruins Uncensored
frmrly Scotiahockey
 
Bruins Uncensored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bruins Uncensored Send a message via MSN to Bruins Uncensored Send a message via Yahoo to Bruins Uncensored Send a message via Skype™ to Bruins Uncensored
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`d stomach a round at Granite, in fact, doing so next Monday as I was given free passes and I`m taking my neighbor who treated me to a round at Glen Arbour<<< hardly seems like a fair way to return the favor but....

Rates for GA are below or at least the website
http://www.glenarbour.com/rates/green-fees/

Tell ya one thing, I`d gladly meet you in Chester, $63 a round if not mistaken, name your day and time. I like Glen Arbour but I`d take Chester 8 days a week before it

Chester works, I am working on getting some comp rounds with some of my connections. My Ex Gf's in high school;s dad ran the bar at Chester for decades. Might be able to pull a comp foursome.. will see what I can do.

Bruins Uncensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.