HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Josh Bailey is a trade target

Old
06-24-2014, 10:09 AM
seabass45

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Still see a deal:

5th + Bailey + Dman (Solid, Young, Near or NHL ready)
for
1st + Campbell

-Fla does it to move into a position to get their winger, Shed the D salary on a player who may want out and gain some young ready guys in the process.
-NYI does it to grab the best in the draft (Reinhart/Ekblad) and a vet Dman to improve next year.
Isles do this and run before Florida changes their mind.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
If by long stretches you mean the first 60 games you would be correct. lol
If any team wants Bailey they should get him at the deadline he always plays his best hockey in the first 5 games and the last 25 games of the season.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by inxs View Post
Bailey = Lars Eller
Bailey isn't worth Lars Eller no, but nice try.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:21 AM
GAGLine

Another player the islanders brought up way too early.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Yashin for President

The kid definitely has skill. Hes still young and is due to explode if he plays with the right players. Unfortunately hes a center and the Islanders have too many of them. I really wish it wasnt Bailey leaving but if he can get us a solid winger or top 4 D in return Isles have to make that move. Its just hard to determine his value. The real value that other GMs see is that he has experience, hes young, and signed long term. To a team like the Jets Coyotes or the Panthers that means a lot because not many FA's want to sign there.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:26 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Another player the islanders brought up way too early.
Other than Nino, who else did they rush?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:26 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
.5PPG player with 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes, and 2nd PP time. Can play any position on virtually any line, including the PK. 24 years of age. Not a great cap hit, but not exactly crippling either.

Isles are not going to give him away, especially after the explosion that Okposo(who struggled with a lot of the same inconsistency issues) just had this past year.

My guess is, the Isles are happy to hold on to Bailey, but they'll move him in a package for a clear upgrade(Kane). I highly doubt they trade him for more picks/prospects, unless someone is open to dealing a 1st or A-prospect, which obviously won't happen.

I agree with a lot of your comments. If the isles wanted to simply dump Bailey and his salary, they could have at the recent trade deadline according to Goring.

Some in the isles front office point to Okposo's development, while preaching to the fans when it comes to JB.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...team-1.7689442
THE DEFINITE-MAYBES
Bailey is a different case, with four years and $14.3 million still left on his deal. Snow has to determine whether Bailey, still only 24, can be a reliable contributor when it matters or whether it’s best to try and move him.

In talking to people in the organization about Bailey, Okposo’s name comes up often. Plenty of fans were ready to move on from Okposo, another former first-rounder, before his awakening at the end of last season. Perhaps the Isles feel Bailey is still young enough to become the player they hoped he’d become when he was selected ninth overall in 2008.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Bailey isn't worth Lars Eller no, but nice try.
Eller had a nice run in the playoffs, but a mediocre regular season. Bailey has a higher career ppg average than Eller and defensively I'd give Bailey the nod as well.

So what makes you say that Bailey isn't worth Eller?

Old
06-24-2014, 10:32 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Eller had a nice run in the playoffs, but a mediocre regular season. Bailey has a higher career ppg average than Eller and defensively I'd give Bailey the nod as well.

So what makes you say that Bailey isn't worth Eller?
I don't think you'll find many fans in Montreal that would do that trade 1 for 1. If that's what Garth is looking for, the price is indeed high and he's going to be disappointed.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Yashin for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree with a lot of your comments. If the isles wanted to simply dump Bailey and his salary, they could have at the recent trade deadline according to Goring.

Some in the isles front office point to Okposo's development, while preaching to the fans when it comes to JB.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...team-1.7689442
THE DEFINITE-MAYBES
Bailey is a different case, with four years and $14.3 million still left on his deal. Snow has to determine whether Bailey, still only 24, can be a reliable contributor when it matters or whether it’s best to try and move him.

In talking to people in the organization about Bailey, Okposo’s name comes up often. Plenty of fans were ready to move on from Okposo, another former first-rounder, before his awakening at the end of last season. Perhaps the Isles feel Bailey is still young enough to become the player they hoped he’d become when he was selected ninth overall in 2008.
I dont like comparing these two players. Bailey and Okposo both play different games and both have different reasons for being where they are. Okposo always had the skill and drive but his injuries kept setting him back. Eventually he found his place during the playoffs against the Pens and won the fans back. Bailey was brought up a little early and just hasnt been in the right situation line wise. He has shown glimpses of why he was a top 10 pick but not consistently. I can understand why Snow wouldnt want to give him away but I really dont see a spot for Bailey on this team especially with Strome and Nelson emerging. Isles need results, unless Bailey magically becomes a top winger Garth needs to trade him if it gets us what we need.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Macch

Quote:
I don't think you'll find many fans in Montreal that would do that trade 1 for 1. If that's what Garth is looking for, the price is indeed high and he's going to be disappointed.

So you're just going to totally dodge the question?

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:40 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Other than Nino, who else did they rush?
I was referring to Nino.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:41 AM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass45 View Post
Isles do this and run before Florida changes their mind.
Even if the D prospect is Pullock or deHaan?

I see it as a decent deal for FLA if the Dman coming back meets their criteria.

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
boredmale

Quote:

If Florida wants to trade Campbell and doesn't have a better offer, I would offer either 35th or Pelech and 65th, and not forcing them to pick up salary(which I am guessing would be a condition for alot of teams)

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:49 AM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
If Florida wants to trade Campbell and doesn't have a better offer, I would offer either 35th or Pelech and 65th, and not forcing them to pick up salary(which I am guessing would be a condition for alot of teams)
Solid offer.

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:50 AM
nickschultzfan

Again, the Islanders draft maybe the wrong guy, and certainly fail to develop him.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:51 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Solid offer.
I think the Islanders have a better chance using their second to get a stopgap to help the defense then trying to get some young top 2 guy with the 5th pick

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
I dont like comparing these two players. Bailey and Okposo both play different games and both have different reasons for being where they are. Okposo always had the skill and drive but his injuries kept setting him back. Eventually he found his place during the playoffs against the Pens and won the fans back. Bailey was brought up a little early and just hasnt been in the right situation line wise. He has shown glimpses of why he was a top 10 pick but not consistently. I can understand why Snow wouldnt want to give him away but I really dont see a spot for Bailey on this team especially with Strome and Nelson emerging. Isles need results, unless Bailey magically becomes a top winger Garth needs to trade him if it gets us what we need.
Unless the isles have a bigger trade on the table and they know they will need to free up budget space, I don't see a reason to move JB when you could dump CMac.

At least Bailey shows flashes of dominance, as frustrating as he is.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:55 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
So you're just going to totally dodge the question?
Look at Bailey's contract, it isn't difficult to figure out.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:56 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Again, the Islanders draft maybe the wrong guy, and certainly fail to develop him.
Yeah, the Isles certainly did draft the wrong guy in 2010 with the 5th pick. It would have been nice if CBJ didn't take Johansen that year. Thankfully Brock Nelson at #30 turned out to be an absolute steal.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:

Dehaan is the cream of the crop for the Isles defensively. He is not going anywhere, in fact he may be more valuable than Hamonic. Pulock could be moved, but I don't think he would be dealt in this deal. Prospects that would likely be available would be Mayfield, Donovan, Pelech.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Milbury

Quote:

Eller is a "high price?" Basically, an identical player to Bailey. Might have slightly less trade value in fact, because he is a small bit less versatile.

Would be like trading six eggs for a half dozen.

Don't see the point for either team.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:58 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Lucky for the isles that the draft is more then 1 round, isn't it?

2008 draft

1st round Bailey
2nd round Harmonic
4th round Donovan
5th round Martin, Poulin
6th round Spurgeon

It's really too bad that Ullstrom balked at not getting a one way contract, leaving for Europe and Petrov can't be pried away from the KHL.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:59 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Eller is a "high price?" Basically, an identical player to Bailey. Might have slightly less trade value in fact, because he is a small bit less versatile.

Would be like trading six eggs for a half dozen.

Don't see the point for either team.
Except Eller isn't signed at a 3.3 mil cap hit for 4 more years. If that is what Eller signs, you'll find a lot of habs fan pissed off I can guarantee it.

How about Bourque for Bailey

Old
06-24-2014, 11:02 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

The isles are reportedly interested in trading down, if they can't find a trade for a nhler that they like.

Not sure how far down the isles scouts feel the cutoff is, but it's only fans on message boards pushing to trade up.