HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rank free agents in order of importance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2014, 04:00 PM
  #1
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Rank free agents in order of importance

The following is the list of our current free agents as of 6/24/14. Rank them in order of importance and who should be dealt with first.

Brassard
Kreider
Zuccarello
Boyle
Pouliot
Moore
Carcillo
Falk
Moore
Stralman
Diaz


Last edited by xChrisTilDeathx: 06-24-2014 at 04:27 PM.
xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:09 PM
  #2
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Is this like...who's better? Or based on their situations, who should be dealt with first?

Also, a better way to phrase this would be whose situations should be dealt with first - because for example, finding out what Staal's asking price is probably priority #1 so we can assess whether we will trade him/sign Stralman, etc.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:15 PM
  #3
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Justin Falk shoul be nowhere but last.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:27 PM
  #4
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Is this like...who's better? Or based on their situations, who should be dealt with first?

Also, a better way to phrase this would be whose situations should be dealt with first - because for example, finding out what Staal's asking price is probably priority #1 so we can assess whether we will trade him/sign Stralman, etc.
ok i worded it better

xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:27 PM
  #5
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Justin Falk shoul be nowhere but last.
lol i agree

xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
  #6
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
finding out what Staal's asking price is probably priority #1 so we can assess whether we will trade him/sign Stralman, etc.
well that's contingent on how he plays next year and what the market value is for d-men is at that time.

xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:49 PM
  #7
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,884
vCash: 500
RFA
Kreider
Zuccarello
Brassard
Moore
Falk

UFA
Stralman
Moore
Boyle
Pouliot
Carcillo
Diaz

__________________
Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:53 PM
  #8
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,674
vCash: 500
1. Kreider--future 1st line LW. That doesn't mean we open up the checkbook for him yet.
2. Zuccarello--he definitely makes more $'s than Kreider.
3. Brassard--with Richards gone--he becomes even more important.
4. Stralman--key defenseman. Very good possibility he goes to another team.
5. Boyle--size, penalty killing, face-offs. Brian does a lot of the dirty work for this team. Clutch in playoffs.
6. John Moore--still young--still needs to improve but he's a real part of the future.
7. Pouliot--size, skill, some physical play--good chemistry with Zucc and Brass.
8. Dominic Moore--just a smart player--pk's--can move up a line in a pinch. Good face-off man.
9. Carcillo--adds a physical element. Good 12th-13th forward.
10. Falk--has good wheels for a big man. Adds some physicality.
11. Diaz--smart but limited player.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:56 PM
  #9
Elevate
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreider View Post
RFA
Kreider
Zuccarello
Brassard
Moore
Falk

UFA
Stralman
Moore
Boyle
Pouliot
Carcillo
Diaz
Pretty much this. I'd maybe swap Boyle and Pou since I think it's easier to replace Boyle with available FAs.

Elevate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:58 PM
  #10
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
1. Kreider--future 1st line LW. That doesn't mean we open up the checkbook for him yet.
2. Zuccarello--he definitely makes more $'s than Kreider.
3. Brassard--with Richards gone--he becomes even more important.
4. Stralman--key defenseman. Very good possibility he goes to another team.
5. Boyle--size, penalty killing, face-offs. Brian does a lot of the dirty work for this team. Clutch in playoffs.
6. John Moore--still young--still needs to improve but he's a real part of the future.
7. Pouliot--size, skill, some physical play--good chemistry with Zucc and Brass.
8. Dominic Moore--just a smart player--pk's--can move up a line in a pinch. Good face-off man.
9. Carcillo--adds a physical element. Good 12th-13th forward.
10. Falk--has good wheels for a big man. Adds some physicality.
11. Diaz--smart but limited player.
Agree with this list for the most part, although I'd probably move Dominic Moore up to the 6 spot.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 05:00 PM
  #11
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChrisTilDeathx View Post
well that's contingent on how he plays next year and what the market value is for d-men is at that time.
Yeah but I think since Stralman will be our most important decision, it really is contingent on Staal. If Staal would sign a $5M per year deal, for example, you lock him up and let Stralman walk. If he's asking for 5.5-6, you probably sign Stralman and look to move Staal. Regardless of what they decide, the Staal-Stralman situation is definitely priority #1.

1. Stralman - as I stated, contingent on Staal's situation.
2. Zuccarello - I just want this guy locked up quickly.
3. Boyle - arguably our unsung hero. Need to know what his intentions are so we can decide whether to let him go or shoot him a reasonable offer.
4. Pouliot - pending UFA status, need to make a decision.
5. D Moore - again, July 1 he can walk, need to make a decision.
6. Brassard - RFA, so not as urgent to sign him. Only reason Zucc is so high is that I don't want anybody offer sheeting him (even though no one probably will) and I think it should be relatively easy to sit down a few times and lock him up to a 4-5 year deal. Brassard may be more difficult to deal with, and no one will be offer sheeting him to any type of deal that we wouldn't just match. I probably wait until all the UFA are dealt with.
7. Kreider - 2 year bridge deal, he can wait until we settle some other things.
8. J Moore - 2 year bridge deal, he can wait until we settle some other things
9. Carcillo - best player left I guess.
10. Diaz - anything over a mill and bye bye
11. Falk - peace.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 05:02 PM
  #12
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
1. Kreider--future 1st line LW. That doesn't mean we open up the checkbook for him yet.
2. Zuccarello--he definitely makes more $'s than Kreider.
3. Brassard--with Richards gone--he becomes even more important.
4. Stralman--key defenseman. Very good possibility he goes to another team.
5. Boyle--size, penalty killing, face-offs. Brian does a lot of the dirty work for this team. Clutch in playoffs.
6. John Moore--still young--still needs to improve but he's a real part of the future.
7. Pouliot--size, skill, some physical play--good chemistry with Zucc and Brass.
8. Dominic Moore--just a smart player--pk's--can move up a line in a pinch. Good face-off man.
9. Carcillo--adds a physical element. Good 12th-13th forward.
10. Falk--has good wheels for a big man. Adds some physicality.
11. Diaz--smart but limited player.
Thsi is what I meant - this looks like a list of the players most important to our team. My list is the order in which I approach doing business. I don't think the RFAs are as important as the UFAs because we retain their rights.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 05:03 PM
  #13
Off Sides
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 764
RFA
Kreider 1st/2nd line
Zuccarello 2nd line
Brassard 2nd line
Moore 3rd pair

Falk extra



UFA
Stralman 2nd pair
Pouliot 2nd/3rd line
Moore 3rd/4th line
Boyle 4th line
Diaz 7th

Carcillo extra

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 05:27 PM
  #14
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
I'm gonna have to go with

1) Kreider - Simply because the sky's the limit with this kid
2) Zucc - Our point leader and proven best winger last year
3) Brass - Needed to fill Richards absence and has potential to be better then Step
4) Stralman - Highly desirable for obvious reasons. Same age as Staal (26) and not one injury from retiring.
5) Pouliot - Finally found his game, and has tremendous potential. Just his offensive front net presence alone makes him a high priority.
6) Boyle - pretty much out best player on the draw, PK and shot blocker. Huge in locker room and character guy.
7) J. Moore - can play solid mins with Stralman if we decide to use Stall as a trading piece
8) D. Moore - Needed for 3rd line
9) Carbomb - Is a steal. Him Boyle and Dorset could be the best 4th line in hockey.
10) Diaz
11) Falk

xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 06:41 PM
  #15
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChrisTilDeathx View Post
I'm gonna have to go with

1) Kreider - Simply because the sky's the limit with this kid
2) Zucc - Our point leader and proven best winger last year
3) Brass - Needed to fill Richards absence and has potential to be better then Step
4) Stralman - Highly desirable for obvious reasons. Same age as Staal (26) and not one injury from retiring.
5) Pouliot - Finally found his game, and has tremendous potential. Just his offensive front net presence alone makes him a high priority.
6) Boyle - pretty much out best player on the draw, PK and shot blocker. Huge in locker room and character guy.
7) J. Moore - can play solid mins with Stralman if we decide to use Stall as a trading piece
8) D. Moore - Needed for 3rd line
9) Carbomb - Is a steal. Him Boyle and Dorset could be the best 4th line in hockey.
10) Diaz
11) Falk
So you think we should deal with 3 RFAs, who we can resign through the calendar year, before any UFAs, who can walk in a week?

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 06:52 PM
  #16
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Thsi is what I meant - this looks like a list of the players most important to our team. My list is the order in which I approach doing business. I don't think the RFAs are as important as the UFAs because we retain their rights.
I was simply ranking how I looked at them in terms of value to the team--now and heading towards the future.

Guys like Boyle, Stralman will be signed probably by the end of the first week of July and maybe even D. Moore and Pouliot. They're on a whole different timetable for signing than RFA's.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
  #17
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreider View Post
RFA
Kreider
Zuccarello
Brassard
Moore
Falk

UFA
Stralman
Moore
Boyle
Pouliot
Carcillo
Diaz
I like this list except that I am not as high on Moore as some other folks are as I think he relies on his speed to cover up some mental lapses.

Legend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 07:48 PM
  #18
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,536
vCash: 500
Stralman
Zuccarello/Kreider
Brassard
Pouliot
D. Moore
J. Moore

Not ranking Boyle because he isn't coming back.

__________________
Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 08:56 PM
  #19
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,928
vCash: 500
Did my rankings on what I think they are going to get on the open market so that's why I have Boyle so low, just don't want him for what his price is going to be.

RFA
Kreider- Hopefully a 2 year deal signed in time for camp.
Zuccarello- Long term, don't think he is one year wonder. Thrive with AV.
Brassard- I lean toward giving him just the 1 year ARB tag.
Moore- 2 year deal, hopefully cheap, still so young.
Falk- Don't qualify.

UFA
Stralman- Feels like a must sign, don't want Klein on the 2nd pair.
Moore- Great 4th line player, hopefully a slight raise.
Pouliot- Good chemistry, dumb penalties, depends on what the raise is.
Diaz- Really hope they get him back on a 1 year deal, would move Klein and put his savings to use on Stralman and Diaz extensions.
Boyle- Love the guy, just not worth the price tag.
Carcillo- 13th forward, cheap, good locker room guy, whatever.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:00 PM
  #20
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 500
I don't think we can re-sign Boyle or Stralman... so it's Kreider, zucc and then everybody else

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:17 PM
  #21
nyrage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChrisTilDeathx View Post
I'm gonna have to go with

1) Kreider - Simply because the sky's the limit with this kid
2) Zucc - Our point leader and proven best winger last year
3) Brass - Needed to fill Richards absence and has potential to be better then Step
4) Stralman - Highly desirable for obvious reasons. Same age as Staal (26) and not one injury from retiring.
5) Pouliot - Finally found his game, and has tremendous potential. Just his offensive front net presence alone makes him a high priority.
6) Boyle - pretty much out best player on the draw, PK and shot blocker. Huge in locker room and character guy.
7) J. Moore - can play solid mins with Stralman if we decide to use Stall as a trading piece
8) D. Moore - Needed for 3rd line
9) Carbomb - Is a steal. Him Boyle and Dorset could be the best 4th line in hockey.
10) Diaz
11) Falk
How does Brassard have the potential to be better than Stepan?

To me, figuring out what to do with Stralman (and Staal) is the most important decision. Poo, Moore, and Boyle will depend on the market price (Boyle most likely gone) It would be nice to have them back, but at a certain price. All can be replaced, but hopefully not all of them at the same time.

The RFAs are important long term, but the Stralman decision is the most vital right now imo.

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:22 PM
  #22
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChrisTilDeathx View Post
The following is the list of our current free agents as of 6/24/14. Rank them in order of importance and who should be dealt with first.

Brassard
Kreider
Zuccarello
Boyle
Pouliot
Moore
Carcillo
Falk
Moore
Stralman
Diaz
Your Stralman placement is rather interesting…..

__________________


BVicious - "JG is a college drop-out."
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 10:39 PM
  #23
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,674
vCash: 500
If the Rangers have offered Stralman $4 mil per that's pretty much the decision they've made. The rest is up to Stralman--whether to accept that or to become a free agent on July 1. Those are the two scenarios and there's not a lot to figure out about that. If he doesn't sign this week he's pretty much a goner too. The Rangers have too many cap issues to get in a bidding war over a player who has been for them a second pairing defenseman. So the only question possible is whether or not Sather decides to offer him more and I'm thinking that's not going to happen.

Now there might be a lot of posters here who if it were up to them would pull out all the stops--trading any combination of Staal, Girardi and Klein but Girardi especially is unlikely--starting a new contract with a NMC and after having given the team a home town discount and Klein is very unlikely as well--and it's unlikely that any deal for Staal is going to be made if Stralman doesn't re-sign in the next week. The Rangers can ill afford to lose Stralman but to lose another one of their top 4 would be like putting a torpedo right smack dab in the middle of their hull. Stralman signs the Rangers just might move Staal--Stralman doesn't--as Dom Moore said in his Bobby Granger short--forget aboot it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 07:26 AM
  #24
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrage View Post
How does Brassard have the potential to be better than Stepan?

To me, figuring out what to do with Stralman (and Staal) is the most important decision. Poo, Moore, and Boyle will depend on the market price (Boyle most likely gone) It would be nice to have them back, but at a certain price. All can be replaced, but hopefully not all of them at the same time.

The RFAs are important long term, but the Stralman decision is the most vital right now imo.
"How does brass have the potential to be better than Step?

Look at who was the center on our most productive line all year, and who has the athleticism to actually compete at this level. Watching Step play is infuriating he passes when he has a shot, and shoots when he doesn't have one. He is terrible on the draw and is lacking in size. And never takes the open shot on the PP. He's a pass first guy. If anything AV should of let him run the PP because even Richards would pull the trigger on an open shot. Step, however, will not... I feel Brass has the athleticism to actually compete at this level and step does not. All you hear about is Step's hockey I.Q. and i agree its very high and the reason why he was my favorite Ranger 3 years ago. But i feel at this level it doesn't matter what your hockey I.Q. is you need have an excellent skill set, and be an athlete out on the ice. Hes a 2nd line center on most teams in the NHL.

I agree with you sentiment regarding the Staal and Stralman issue. I've always liked Stralman and wish the Giraridi contract wasn't so high so we could keep him. (i believe Giraridi to be over paid) So you essentially have to look at Stralman and Staal and who you want to go with long term. I side with Stralman for 2 reasons. 1) Stall is one hit away from having a career ending injury whereas Stralman is not. 2) were probably not going to afford Stall next year anyway.


Last edited by xChrisTilDeathx: 06-25-2014 at 07:45 AM.
xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2014, 07:27 AM
  #25
xChrisTilDeathx
Registered User
 
xChrisTilDeathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Your Stralman placement is rather interesting…..
this was listed in no particular order

xChrisTilDeathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.