HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs Prospect Camp : Report

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Charge_Seven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
Umm...hate to break this to you bud but Nolan will not be playing anymore games for the Leafs. EVER. Just FYI...
lol

My mistake, I am fully aware of this (as I pointed out ona previous thread to someone...must be all the beer tonight)

I clearly meant the younger, happier to be hear, cheaper Nolan, in Jeff O'Neill.

Old
09-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Jimdan

Shaun Landolt contract status

[QUOTE=Waterboy73806498]Ahhh the irony of it all. Shaun Landolt who was not even wrothy of a Toronto Maple Leafs contract only a few weeks ago scores the game winner for Leaf rookies tonight.

Landolt, drafted 237th overall in 2003 with the Leafs 6th pick had never signed a contract with the Maple Leafs when the new CBA was announced. The Leafs had until the end of July to sign Landolt or her would go back into the 2005 draft. John Ferguson Jr chose not to sign him (as reported in the Star and on TSN) and he did indeed go back into the 2005 draft. Then Landolt got passed up 229 times (the # of total picks in the 2005 draft) by 30 NHL terams and remaind Leaf property. Still without a contract he went on to score the game winning goal tonight. Way to go Shaun. He still may never get a contract but its nice to see a guy who got passed over so many times score the game winner in the first hcokey game to be played in ages.[

Shaun does have a contract with the leafs and could be playing for the
Marlies this season.

Old
09-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

[QUOTE=Jimdan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy73806498
Ahhh the irony of it all. Shaun Landolt who was not even wrothy of a Toronto Maple Leafs contract only a few weeks ago scores the game winner for Leaf rookies tonight.

Landolt, drafted 237th overall in 2003 with the Leafs 6th pick had never signed a contract with the Maple Leafs when the new CBA was announced. The Leafs had until the end of July to sign Landolt or her would go back into the 2005 draft. John Ferguson Jr chose not to sign him (as reported in the Star and on TSN) and he did indeed go back into the 2005 draft. Then Landolt got passed up 229 times (the # of total picks in the 2005 draft) by 30 NHL terams and remaind Leaf property. Still without a contract he went on to score the game winning goal tonight. Way to go Shaun. He still may never get a contract but its nice to see a guy who got passed over so many times score the game winner in the first hcokey game to be played in ages.[

Shaun does have a contract with the leafs and could be playing for the
Marlies this season.
Since Shaun is your grandson ... You can more then confirm this .

"Shaun does have a contract with the leafs and could be playing for the Marlies this season"

Like you said at the end .. I thought I read the Shaun was signed to an AHL contract and will hopefully play for the Marlies.

He works his butt off each game and deserves a chance to show what he can do ..

As you and I know Shaun played as an overager with Calgary of the WHL .. Having an October birthday, and the entry draft cut off being Sept 15th . From my understanding Shaun would have been too old to re-enter the draft and he was scheduled to become an UFA .. However he did not receive and NHL 2-way contract but did receive a minor league contract and will either play for the Marlies or in Pensacola of the ECHL ..

I think the poster is mistaken ... There is no such possibility as going back into a draft, going unselected and then remain property of the previously drafted team . Any player that goes back in the draft and goes unselected becomes an UFA.

Last edited by Mess: 09-08-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old
09-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Leaf Army

Great news that Steen looked good last night. But let's be honest. With the other players at this tournament I think the bigger news would be if he didn't look good. That would be cause for concern.

Old
09-07-2005, 07:22 AM
russ4king

Good Day All,

Sorry to all you Shaun Landolt lovers out there whom seem to be keeping this post going, but according to the Ottawa Sun Luke Fulgum scored the winning goal. See below.

"Last night's effort against the Leafs wasn't much to write home about for Ottawa. David Deshamais scored for the Senators by picking up a rebound of a Andrej Meszaros shot, while Mike Hoffman and Luke Fulgham, with the winner, scored for Toronto."

Old
09-07-2005, 07:28 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king
Good Day All,

Sorry to all you Shaun Landolt lovers out there whom seem to be keeping this post going, but according to the Ottawa Sun Luke Fulgum scored the winning goal. See below.

"Last night's effort against the Leafs wasn't much to write home about for Ottawa. David Deshamais scored for the Senators by picking up a rebound of a Andrej Meszaros shot, while Mike Hoffman and Luke Fulgham, with the winner, scored for Toronto."
They have the highlights on TSN, with the game winner on display.

Old
09-07-2005, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
From the Sens board from a poster that went to the game ..
I don't know, I saw the game, Steen looked good, very talented, but Stephan Kronwall was easily the best player from both teams, just my opinion though, people tend to look at who makes flashy plays, i try to focus on other things in venues like this

Old
09-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I don't know, I saw the game, Steen looked good, very talented, but Stephan Kronwall was easily the best player from both teams, just my opinion though, people tend to look at who makes flashy plays, i try to focus on other things in venues like this
Kronwall looked good on the very little I saw of him on the highlights. But he was directly involved in both Leaf goals.

And it was Landolt who scored the game winner. Fulghum was right there too though.

Old
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Anyone catch the result of the game tonight between the Leafs and Carolina?

I seen the highlights comming up on Sportsnet, but went to do something else.

Old
09-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Since Shaun is your grandson ... You can more then confirm this . http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

"Shaun does have a contract with the leafs and could be playing for the Marlies this season"

Like you said at the end .. I thought I read the Shaun was signed to an AHL contract and will hopefully play for the Marlies.

He works his butt of each game and deserves a chance to show what he can do ..

As you and I know Shaun played as an overager with Calgary or the WHL .. Having an October birthday, and the entry draft cut off being Sept 15th . From my understanding Shaun would be to old to re-enter the draft and he was scheduled to become an UFA .. However he did not receive and NHL 2-way contract but did receive a minor league contract and will either play for the Marlies or in Pensacola of the ECHL ..

I think the poster is mistaken ... There is no such possibility as going back into a draft, going unselected and then remain property of the previous team .. Any player that goes back in the draft and goes unselected becomes an UFA.
IMHO (which is rarely humble) Mess, you are one of the best posters on this site yet I need to stick up for what I know is right.

I quote with regard to Landolt

Quote:
Un-signed; will re-enter the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Here is the link
http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?3424

This should come as no surprise as any 2003 draft picks that were left unsigned went back into the draft. He did and still no one selected him. Then he becomes a free agent after failing the second time I belive. I don't see why he would need a contract to play in this rookie tournament. Surely Noel (the "making the cut" winner) doesn't have a contract yet. He will get one if he plays well. Maybe. Now I have scoured the internet and haven't found a single source that said Landolt was signed to any contract of any length of anything. If you find one (or anyoen else for that matter) be so kind as to post the link here.

As for who scored the game winner (jimdam said it wasn't Landolt) here is a quote from the Marlies home page.

Quote:
Shaun Landolt scored the overtime winner with just 14 seconds left in O.T. to avoid the need to go to penalty shots to decide the winner. Leafs prospect Mike 'Deisel' Hoffman scored Toronto's other goal and David Desharnais scored the only goal for the Sens.
Again here is the link
http://www.mapleleafs.com/story.ml?title=News&ctype=News&n=4950&e=AdminGroup

And news of tonights game should be out shortly I believe. I have a friend who is going to call me from Toronto with the results as soon as they are on TV but I guess someone will get them before me and post them here (if it isn't done already by the time I finish this post)

Old
09-07-2005, 11:59 PM
timlap

Quote:
IMHO (which is rarely humble) Mess, you are one of the best posters on this site yet I need to stick up for what I know is right.
. . .
I think you need to read Mess's entire sentence.

Old
09-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlap
I think you need to read Mess's entire sentence.
Ahhh yes ....lol.....bot I am tired. but then he must have become a UFA....question is ...does he have a contract? I havent found anywhere were he does

Old
09-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Ahhh yes ....lol.....bot I am tired. but then he must have become a UFA....question is ...does he have a contract? I havent found anywhere were he does
In fact Landolt does have a contract .. He was signed to a minor league deal the same day that Johnny Mitchell was signed to avoid re-entering the draft..

Jergy Jr was on Leafs lunch today and confirmed that exact thing today when Bill Waters asked him about landolt. Fergy said he has a two year deal and will likely be playing for the Marlies this year ..

Last edited by Mess: 09-08-2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old
09-08-2005, 12:09 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Anyone think Todd Ford could challenge for the starting goalie pos for the Marlies this season, I've always liked his size, not sure about his athleticism though.

Old
09-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
In fact Landolt does have a contract .. He was signed to a minor league deal the same say the Johnny Mitchell was signed to avoid re-entering the draft..

Jergy Jr was on Leafs lunch today and confirmed that exact thing today when Bill waters asked him . Fergy said he has a two year deal and will likely be playing for the Marlies this year ..
Ok mess I belive you. I wonde rhow a thing liek that could go unreported though until today. Ever transaction was recorded on tsn website. Even the minor league nothing signings and also every signing was on ht eleafs site. ITs strage that one went unnoticed. But ok he is signed. Thats a good thign casue he looks like he might have a good future.

And whats with everyone being up so late tonight? Are you all like I was when I went to York University? NEver schedule a class before 1pm and never go to bed before 2am?

Old
09-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Ok mess I belive you. I wonde rhow a thing liek that could go unreported though until today. Ever transaction was recorded on tsn website. Even the minor league nothing signings and also every signing was on ht eleafs site. ITs strage that one went unnoticed. But ok he is signed. Thats a good thign casue he looks like he might have a good future.

And whats with everyone being up so late tonight? Are you all like I was when I went to York University? NEver schedule a class before 1pm and never go to bed before 2am?
Here is my evidence ..

Quote:

Date : Jul. 29, 2005 (before entry draft)

The Leafs, meanwhile, got some housekeeping done with their 2003 draft picks yesterday, signing John Mitchell to a two-way NHL deal and Shaun Landolt to a minor-league contract. The Leafs are not expected to extract much NHL potential out of that draft, in which they traded their first-round pick to San Jose for Owen Nolan.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1122587412512&call_pag eid=968867503640&col=970081593064

PS .. I live in BC .. Its 10:20 PST .. right now for me .. same time it says on your watch at the moment

Old
09-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Here is my evidence ..

PS .. I live in BC .. Its 10:20 PST .. right now for me ..
Thanks mess. I truly appreciate the info and I am mad at myself for missing it. Actually now that I think of it I was in Montreal at that time so thats why I missed it but still I should know better. Ok so you are in the same time zone as me....cool

Old
09-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

BTW

The Leafs beat the Canes prospects today 3-1 ... Sept 7th

Alex Steen scored once

Staffan Kronwall continue his strong play and picked up another assist today, his 3rd assist in 2 games to remain the leading scorer for the Leafs.

Marty Sagat and Luke Fulghum also scored for our boys .

Notes: Toronto out-shot Carolina 51-21 in the game… The teams combined for 54 penalty minutes in the game, including two fights. Toronto’s rookie squad, led by former Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice, moved to 2-0 on the tournament after beating Ottawa in overtime on Tuesday

Last edited by Mess: 09-08-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old
09-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Jimdan

Quote:
BTW

The Leafs beat the Canes prospects today 3-1 ... Sept 7th

Alex Steen scored once

Staffan Kronwall continue his strong play and picked up another assit today, his 3rd assist in 2 games to reamin the leading scorer for the Leafs.

Marty Sagat and Luke Fulghum also scored for our boys ..

Mess
Thanks for your help re Shaun I'm always amazed at the amount of knowledge you
possess. Someday we'll have to get together. I live in Langley and every once
in a while I go through Kelowna. Jimdan

Old
09-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Garbs

Quote:
Alex Steen scored once
Quote:
Staffan Kronwall continue his strong play and picked up another assit today, his 3rd assist in 2 games to reamin the leading scorer for the Leafs.

Old
09-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Pappy

Don't Shoot The Messenger BUT

Lets be realistic the teams the Leafs are playing are of ECHL calibre, players like Steen and Kronwall should dominate they've played in the SEL for a number of years, that league would be comparable to the AHL, it's good to see them doing well but they have a lot to prove yet to play in the NHL.

Old
09-08-2005, 04:42 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
Lets be realistic the teams the Leafs are playing are of ECHL calibre, players like Steen and Kronwall should dominate they've played in the SEL for a number of years, that league would be comparable to the AHL, it's good to see them doing well but they have a lot to prove yet to play in the NHL.
And that same 'Canes prospect squad whipped the Panthers squad.

Old
09-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Conventiently, a lot of the players on the Leafs' roster are also of ECHL calibre, so it balances out that way. But by all means, we have reason to expect strong performances out of our top prospects - that doesn't mean we can't be pleased when they deliver.

Old
09-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Pappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
And that same 'Canes prospect squad whipped the Panthers squad.
So whats the point

Old
09-08-2005, 05:00 PM
HOCKEY_GURU

Quote:
Very true, no one saying that equates to NHL success, but people can guage those players to others that have played in the AHL etc, and also gauge the talent level that they display and have some idea that they can play at the NHl level or not.

Closed Thread