HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs Prospect Camp : Report

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM

vCash: 500
Really who cares who even wins these games, it's not the purpose of the tournament (well it is, but the bigger picture is development) to be quite honest, the Leafs pretty much had an AHL team iced...but what's the difference there's only a handful of players at these tournaments who will actually make it to the NHL, drafted or not drafted...

Yes, the level of play is sometimes bad, although from all the teams, the Leafs and the Habs have shown the most cohesiveness...Sens have looked awful IMO (except Eaves and Mezaros) there's really no need to start a Habs vs. Leafs war over these rookie tournaments...save that for the real season, or at least NHL preseason

Old
09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick
mooseOAK, did it ever occur to you that while Montreal shared the Bulldogs with Edmonton (02-03) that a few of their draft picks were loaned to Utah? Granted, last season the Bulldogs had a handful of players supplied by Dallas. Which meant some of the guys were shipped to Long Beach (ECHL). Otherwise, they would have probably played in Hamilton.
They obviously weren't good enough prospects because if they were the team would be better off having them in the AHL instead of importing another team's.

Bottom line is, the Leafs have no shortage of young players in the system.

Old
09-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Steen:Looked good again, very skillful, but didn't stand out as much as the first game I saw (please don't hurt me guys) he's not very tall, but he's build very solid, low center of gravity and plays on a different level then the others on your team, it's too bad he's not with better linemates, cause he's really carrying whatever line he was on...

Kronwall:Good game too, got rocked by Latendresse and disapeared after that though...but that wasn't neccessarily a bad thing, plays a mistake free type of hockey and takes his man out, would really benefit from having a little more mean streak though...I saw Pierre Hedin a few years ago, and he was pretty good, but Kronwall has looked much better....
Thanks for the report, much appreciated!

Old
09-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Augustus

Quote:
Grat pace to the game last night...i'm almost afraid of posting anything here about your Leafs players, should I say one little negative, i'll get flamed here...

Speak your mind, ami, and ignore any who flame you for having an opinion.

You had literally asked permission to troll here and were enthusiastically granted this august privilege because most of us looked forward to what you had to say. When you said it, it was said calmly and analytically with no hint of bias and most of us applauded your efforts.

You have a season pass to troll here so long as you maintain a positive (but not uncritical) point of view.

And thanks.

Last edited by Augustus: 09-09-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Augustus

Quote:
Kronwall:Good game too, got rocked by Latendresse and disapeared after that though...but that wasn't neccessarily a bad thing,...
How so? Why is it not a bad thing to disappear?

Old
09-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
How can you claim that there was clutching and grabbing in a game you didn't see?

I know a lot of people give you a hard time on this site, and I try to stay out of it, but that was just rediculous.
did you read my post? i said i suspect there was clutching and grabbing.

don't worry, i'm not taking a shot at your precious leaf prospects here. i'm taking a shot at the new rules that are supposed to open up the game.

goalie gear is supposed to be smaller, there's no redline, tag-up offsides, and a crackdown on all obstruction.

with such low scores, those things don't seem to have helped in the leafs games in this tourney. were the goalies outstanding? was there just not much skill on either team?

my guess is that these new rules will not have much impact on the game this year. i would love to see the wide-open game of the 80s and early 90s again, but i don't think we will. i think these games are the first indication that nothing will change on the ice.

is that so unreasonable?

Old
09-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
How so? Why is it not a bad thing to disappear?
Meaning, he didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't standout...just did his job

Old
09-09-2005, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Speak your mind, ami, and ignore any who flame you for having an opinion.

You had literally asked permission to troll here and were enthusiastically granted this august privilege because most of us looked forward to what you had to say. When you said it, it was said calmly and analytically with no hint of bias and most of us applauded your efforts.

You have a season pass to troll here so long as you maintain a positive (but not uncritical) point of view.

And thanks.
Season pass...I...I don't know what to say!

Old
09-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

If goals per game average doesn't go up significantly, I think we will get bigger nets already next year.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:32 PM

Forgot to mention as well...Stephen Later looks pretty good...loves to carry the puck, and I saw that aggresiveness you were referring too Leaf Army...he's very abrasif, has good size and is willing to use it...he also got rocked by latendresse but he was probably the d-man who stood out the most for you team last night

Old
09-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Augustus

Quote:
Meaning, he didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't standout...just did his job

Oh, GOOD disappearing, don't notice him, but he's effective.

Great!

My concept of disappearing is Reichel in the offensive zone of a playoff game. Doesn't do anything.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
If goals per game average doesn't go up significantly, I think we will get bigger nets already next year.
They are games between teams that were thrown together, I wouldn't read too much into the amount of goals scored.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Wow. A perfectly good thread ruined by Habs fans.

Thanks guys! For some reason you think just because you lost you need to point out every little thing to us.

Somehow in our rookie camp you guys are still saying the Leafs are too old. Giveaways... So what? Mistakes were punished. If we made mistakes you guys would have jumped all over them and laughed.

Save your collective breaths and stop whining. Wait for the real games to begin.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Press Release from mapleleafs.com

Quote:
Leafs Improve to 3-0 at Prospects Tourney
September 9, 2005
--mapleleafs.com (OTTAWA) -- Making the Cut?

Dominic Noel, of CBC's Bell Making the Cut fame, scored twice to lead the Leafs to their third consecutive win at the prospects camp on Thursday.

The Leafs pulled out a come-from-behind 3-2 victory over the Canadiens prospects with a goal from Luke Fulghum and two goals from Noel. Noel was selected by the Maple Leafs from the group of finalists in CBC's Bell Making the Cut series and is participating in the Leafs Training Camp as a result.

The winning goal by Noel was a short-handed marker at 15:21 of the third period. It was a hi-light reel deke on Montreal goalie prospect Carey Price. Noel also led the team with 4 shots.

Todd Ford earned his second victory of the tournament by stopping 31 of 33 shots.

Montreal goal scorers were Kevin Lavallee and Guillaume Latendresse.

Dominic D'Amour, a 2002 Entry Draft pick of the Leafs (88th overall) participated in his second fight of the tournament, this time with Jimmy Bonneau of the Canadiens.

With a 3-0 record at the rookie tournament in Ottawa the Leafs have now clinched the tournament championship with one game still to play this Saturday afternoon against the Florida Panthers.

Full Story : http://www.torontomapleleafs.com/sto...5&e=AdminGroup

Old
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scugs

Thanks guys! For some reason you think just because you lost you need to point out every little thing to us.

Somehow in our rookie camp you guys are still saying the Leafs are too old. Giveaways... So what? Mistakes were punished. If we made mistakes you guys would have jumped all over them and laughed.

Save your collective breaths and stop whining. Wait for the real games to begin.
Maybe you should follow your own advice...

But I agree, fans from both teams are ruining this thread with talk about who won, and who's prospects are older, who cares

Old
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
417 TO MTL has been quite helpful.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
They are games between teams that were thrown together, I wouldn't read too much into the amount of goals scored.
I didn't. I was more referring to the regular season. But it doesn't matter, it's all speculation until we get the facts, and that's over half a year away.

Old
09-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Pappy

Latendresse could be a real steal for the Habs he has the size and ability to be a force in the future, a 1st rd value no doubt.

Old
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Ok, but am I wrong?

I'm also happy to read 417's posts, but I'm just saying, in general..

This was supposed to be a thread where Leaf fans could come and actually read positive reviews and news on their prospects.

But it's been tainted because some certain fans don't want us to enjoy something like that.

Old
09-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Augustus

Quote:
Ok, but am I wrong?

This was supposed to be a thread where Leaf fans could come and actually read positive reviews and news on their prospects.

Yes, you're wrong.

No, not for just positive reviews but for posters' opinions - pro and con - of the Leaf prospects. What use is it to hear only one side of an argument, how useful is it to have whitewashed posts?

Leave the positive-only behaviours to Presidential advisers.

Old
09-09-2005, 02:43 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Ok, but am I wrong?

I'm also happy to read 417's posts, but I'm just saying, in general..
Should we just make a board rule that derogatories towards the Habbies fannies is exclusive of 417 until such time as he becomes indistinguishable from the common troll?

It could be he has been brainwashed by parental units and deep down in his heart the flicker of Leafdom beats, slowly beating a path to the surface.

We know there are two types of fans, Leaf fans and those who are currently confused.

Old
09-09-2005, 03:02 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Yes, you're wrong.

No, not for just positive reviews but for posters' opinions - pro and con - of the Leaf prospects. What use is it to hear only one side of an argument, how useful is it to have whitewashed posts?

Leave the positive-only behaviours to Presidential advisers.
I agree, if some of our prospects are crapping the bed, then I want to know about it. But it would be better heard comming from a leaf fan, not some fan of a noted rival, who only wants to crap all over them because they're Leaf property.

Old
09-09-2005, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
Should we just make a board rule that derogatories towards the Habbies fannies is exclusive of 417 until such time as he becomes indistinguishable from the common troll?

It could be he has been brainwashed by parental units and deep down in his heart the flicker of Leafdom beats, slowly beating a path to the surface.

We know there are two types of fans, Leaf fans and those who are currently confused.
Lol! I guess your suggesting that I'm a closet leafs fan...not really, although i prefer them to the Sens...i've never had a problem with the Leafs, it's just that they're shoved down my throat way too much...but I have no problem with them, when you put your bias aside, the Leafs and Habs are two of the most classiest organizations in sports, how could you hate on that?

What I dislike is homer Leafs fans (like the one's who bash the Habs for having players like Kilger, Czerkawski, then turn around and love these players off when they become Leafs ) as welll as fickle Habs fans who waver from game to game...

One thing I admire about Leafs fans, is you stick with your team through thick and thin...as well as your players...and that's a good thing...but all in all, I think we have some of the best (and worse) fans in all of hockey

Old
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
BuppY

Quote:

One thing I admire about Leafs fans, is you stick with your team through thick and thin...as well as your players...and that's a good thing...but all in all, I think we have some of the best (and worse) fans in all of hockey
I hear you. lol soo true..

Old
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
What I dislike is homer Leafs fans (like the one's who bash the Habs for having players like Kilger, Czerkawski, then turn around and love these players off when they become Leafs ) as welll as fickle Habs fans who waver from game to game...
I don't know what Leafs boards you visited but I have never seen Kilger described as anything but a 3rd or 4th liner and the only good thing said about Czerkawski is that he can score goals.

Closed Thread