HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Hlavac Interview from the Hockeybird boards...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2003, 04:36 PM
  #1
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Great Hlavac Interview from the Hockeybird boards...

A Czech newspaper writer and also a poster on Hockeybird posted his interview with Jan Hlavac on their boards. It's a really great read which I think most of you might like. It seems like Hlavac is really candid and it reminds you that these guys are human as well as the hockey players we see on the ice. Oh and evidently I'm gonna have to start calling him Honzo.

Hlavac Interview on Hockeybird.com


Alot of fun/good Q and A but my favorite is this one:

C: Do you visit some hockey fans’ sites?
H: Not regularly but from time to time. Why?

C: I’d like to know how does it feel to read about yourself.
H: Oh. I don’t read it so often. Last time I was reading one article and under the text there were comments of fans. One guy wrote “I don’t mind Hlavac back until he ruins Nedved’s and Kovalev’s play”. When Petr saw that he started to laugh and made some jokes. Petr said “that guy is right, you should stay on bench and let maestro Kovalev and Nedved play”. Then he bought me some Pilsner.

That's just CLASSIC!

JCProdigy is offline  
Old
10-04-2003, 05:07 PM
  #2
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
A Czech newspaper writer and also a poster on Hockeybird posted his interview with Jan Hlavac on their boards. It's a really great read which I think most of you might like. It seems like Hlavac is really candid and it reminds you that these guys are human as well as the hockey players we see on the ice. Oh and evidently I'm gonna have to start calling him Honzo.

Hlavac Interview on Hockeybird.com


Alot of fun/good Q and A but my favorite is this one:

C: Do you visit some hockey fans’ sites?
H: Not regularly but from time to time. Why?

C: I’d like to know how does it feel to read about yourself.
H: Oh. I don’t read it so often. Last time I was reading one article and under the text there were comments of fans. One guy wrote “I don’t mind Hlavac back until he ruins Nedved’s and Kovalev’s play”. When Petr saw that he started to laugh and made some jokes. Petr said “that guy is right, you should stay on bench and let maestro Kovalev and Nedved play”. Then he bought me some Pilsner.

That's just CLASSIC!
Hlavac just became one of my favorite players!

What a great interview.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-04-2003, 06:26 PM
  #3
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,303
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
that was classic. Hlavac is no longer jani-jani.. HONZO!!

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
10-04-2003, 08:32 PM
  #4
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,493
vCash: 500
Yea, he even made Petr sound cool. I always heard that Nedved was a jerk. Of course I heard that after I got his jersey

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-05-2003, 02:55 PM
  #5
FACEMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
A Czech newspaper writer and also a poster on Hockeybird posted his interview with Jan Hlavac on their boards. It's a really great read which I think most of you might like. It seems like Hlavac is really candid and it reminds you that these guys are human as well as the hockey players we see on the ice. Oh and evidently I'm gonna have to start calling him Honzo.

Hlavac Interview on Hockeybird.com


Alot of fun/good Q and A but my favorite is this one:

C: Do you visit some hockey fans’ sites?
H: Not regularly but from time to time. Why?

C: I’d like to know how does it feel to read about yourself.
H: Oh. I don’t read it so often. Last time I was reading one article and under the text there were comments of fans. One guy wrote “I don’t mind Hlavac back until he ruins Nedved’s and Kovalev’s play”. When Petr saw that he started to laugh and made some jokes. Petr said “that guy is right, you should stay on bench and let maestro Kovalev and Nedved play”. Then he bought me some Pilsner.

That's just CLASSIC!

I hope you received written permission from Hockey bird to paste a link to his site. You are risking a lawsuit, jailtime, and you're probably on double secret probation. Watch your back the bird is probably pissed.

FACEMAN is offline  
Old
10-05-2003, 03:01 PM
  #6
FACEMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
C: It reminds the new rules of your coach….
H: I know you mean that “only English” rule. I unterstand Glen. He is trying to do everything what would help. But this rule isn’t good. I think Glen as a native Canadian (English speaking man) will never understand. It has nothing to do with talking about our teammates. Every time we talk about something, which touches some other guys, we use English. But look. Last week we were watching new Czech movie on DVD with Petr and Martin. Next day we wanted to talk about it. We tried the English but it was silly. After few sentences we laughed and interrupted our talk. It was so plastic. Like we were theatre actors.

Guess he doesn't fear Glen.

FACEMAN is offline  
Old
10-05-2003, 04:47 PM
  #7
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
C: It reminds the new rules of your coach….
H: I know you mean that “only English” rule. I unterstand Glen. He is trying to do everything what would help. But this rule isn’t good. I think Glen as a native Canadian (English speaking man) will never understand. It has nothing to do with talking about our teammates. Every time we talk about something, which touches some other guys, we use English. But look. Last week we were watching new Czech movie on DVD with Petr and Martin. Next day we wanted to talk about it. We tried the English but it was silly. After few sentences we laughed and interrupted our talk. It was so plastic. Like we were theatre actors.

Guess he doesn't fear Glen.
He didn't say that they continued the conversation in Czech, just that it sounded strange to be discussing it in English.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-06-2003, 11:59 AM
  #8
Rodent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: On your dinner plate
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
I hope you received written permission from Hockey bird to paste a link to his site. You are risking a lawsuit, jailtime, and you're probably on double secret probation. Watch your back the bird is probably pissed.
Dunno if you were being sarcastic or not. But if you were being serious... I can safely speak for Bird.

Links are always approved. Never need permission. What irritates the web site owners is when the content is copied and pasted verbatim.

In the above case, the short excerpt that was republished here is not likely to get Bird upset. Excerpts (if brief) are generally tolerated.

The bruhaha was over an earlier Jagr piece that was originally published on HockeyBird's web site that was subsequently reprinted here in its entirety. That was a no-no.

Rodent is offline  
Old
10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
  #9
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Dunno if you were being sarcastic or not. But if you were being serious... I can safely speak for Bird.

Links are always approved. Never need permission. What irritates the web site owners is when the content is copied and pasted verbatim.

In the above case, the short excerpt that was republished here is not likely to get Bird upset. Excerpts (if brief) are generally tolerated.

The bruhaha was over an earlier Jagr piece that was originally published on HockeyBird's web site that was subsequently reprinted here in its entirety. That was a no-no.
He was being sarcastic confusing Bird for you.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-07-2003, 09:35 AM
  #10
Hockeybird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
I hope you received written permission from Hockey bird to paste a link to his site. You are risking a lawsuit, jailtime, and you're probably on double secret probation. Watch your back the bird is probably pissed.
Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies),

While funny, the above statement is not even close to reality.

I am greatful when someone helps spread the word. I thank you ever so much for doing so.

The only time we get upset is when someone posts an entire article without a link or when someone rips an article an posts it as their own.

I would hope that this posting clears that up.....by all means, please link to Hockeybird whenever you think it's worthy.

BTW....this is a great place, cudos to whosever running the ship !

Hockeybird is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.