HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Hlavac Interview from the Hockeybird boards...

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 04:36 PM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
Great Hlavac Interview from the Hockeybird boards...

A Czech newspaper writer and also a poster on Hockeybird posted his interview with Jan Hlavac on their boards. It's a really great read which I think most of you might like. It seems like Hlavac is really candid and it reminds you that these guys are human as well as the hockey players we see on the ice. Oh and evidently I'm gonna have to start calling him Honzo.

Hlavac Interview on Hockeybird.com

Alot of fun/good Q and A but my favorite is this one:

C: Do you visit some hockey fans’ sites?
H: Not regularly but from time to time. Why?

C: I’d like to know how does it feel to read about yourself.
H: Oh. I don’t read it so often. Last time I was reading one article and under the text there were comments of fans. One guy wrote “I don’t mind Hlavac back until he ruins Nedved’s and Kovalev’s play”. When Petr saw that he started to laugh and made some jokes. Petr said “that guy is right, you should stay on bench and let maestro Kovalev and Nedved play”. Then he bought me some Pilsner.

That's just CLASSIC!

Old
10-04-2003, 05:07 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
A Czech newspaper writer and also a poster on Hockeybird posted his interview with Jan Hlavac on their boards. It's a really great read which I think most of you might like. It seems like Hlavac is really candid and it reminds you that these guys are human as well as the hockey players we see on the ice. Oh and evidently I'm gonna have to start calling him Honzo.

H: Oh. I don’t read it so often. Last time I was reading one article and under the text there were comments of fans. One guy wrote “I don’t mind Hlavac back until he ruins Nedved’s and Kovalev’s play”. When Petr saw that he started to laugh and made some jokes. Petr said “that guy is right, you should stay on bench and let maestro Kovalev and Nedved play”. Then he bought me some Pilsner.

That's just CLASSIC!
Hlavac just became one of my favorite players!

What a great interview.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
that was classic. Hlavac is no longer jani-jani.. HONZO!!

Old
10-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Barnaby

Yea, he even made Petr sound cool. I always heard that Nedved was a jerk. Of course I heard that after I got his jersey

Old
10-05-2003, 02:55 PM
FACEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy

That's just CLASSIC!

I hope you received written permission from Hockey bird to paste a link to his site. You are risking a lawsuit, jailtime, and you're probably on double secret probation. Watch your back the bird is probably pissed.

Old
10-05-2003, 03:01 PM
FACEMAN

C: It reminds the new rules of your coach….
H: I know you mean that “only English” rule. I unterstand Glen. He is trying to do everything what would help. But this rule isn’t good. I think Glen as a native Canadian (English speaking man) will never understand. It has nothing to do with talking about our teammates. Every time we talk about something, which touches some other guys, we use English. But look. Last week we were watching new Czech movie on DVD with Petr and Martin. Next day we wanted to talk about it. We tried the English but it was silly. After few sentences we laughed and interrupted our talk. It was so plastic. Like we were theatre actors.

Guess he doesn't fear Glen.

Old
10-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN
C: It reminds the new rules of your coach….
H: I know you mean that “only English” rule. I unterstand Glen. He is trying to do everything what would help. But this rule isn’t good. I think Glen as a native Canadian (English speaking man) will never understand. It has nothing to do with talking about our teammates. Every time we talk about something, which touches some other guys, we use English. But look. Last week we were watching new Czech movie on DVD with Petr and Martin. Next day we wanted to talk about it. We tried the English but it was silly. After few sentences we laughed and interrupted our talk. It was so plastic. Like we were theatre actors.

Guess he doesn't fear Glen.
He didn't say that they continued the conversation in Czech, just that it sounded strange to be discussing it in English.

Old
10-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Rodent

Quote:
I hope you received written permission from Hockey bird to paste a link to his site. You are risking a lawsuit, jailtime, and you're probably on double secret probation. Watch your back the bird is probably pissed.
Dunno if you were being sarcastic or not. But if you were being serious... I can safely speak for Bird.

Links are always approved. Never need permission. What irritates the web site owners is when the content is copied and pasted verbatim.

In the above case, the short excerpt that was republished here is not likely to get Bird upset. Excerpts (if brief) are generally tolerated.

The bruhaha was over an earlier Jagr piece that was originally published on HockeyBird's web site that was subsequently reprinted here in its entirety. That was a no-no.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Dunno if you were being sarcastic or not. But if you were being serious... I can safely speak for Bird.

Links are always approved. Never need permission. What irritates the web site owners is when the content is copied and pasted verbatim.

In the above case, the short excerpt that was republished here is not likely to get Bird upset. Excerpts (if brief) are generally tolerated.

The bruhaha was over an earlier Jagr piece that was originally published on HockeyBird's web site that was subsequently reprinted here in its entirety. That was a no-no.
He was being sarcastic confusing Bird for you.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Hockeybird

Quote:
Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies),

While funny, the above statement is not even close to reality.

I am greatful when someone helps spread the word. I thank you ever so much for doing so.

The only time we get upset is when someone posts an entire article without a link or when someone rips an article an posts it as their own.

I would hope that this posting clears that up.....by all means, please link to Hockeybird whenever you think it's worthy.

BTW....this is a great place, cudos to whosever running the ship !

Closed Thread