HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A stinker

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 04:41 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
A stinker

Not a lot to write home about in the last preseason game.
Pettinger got one. Nice to see. That one was the only one and that means that Jaromir Jagr didn't score a single goal in preseason.
That is compared to 5 for Bondra and 4 for Lang and Zubrus. Is that a concern? You would think that he would get at least one. Wouldn't you?

Old
10-04-2003, 07:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

This worries me

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Not a lot to write home about in the last preseason game.
Pettinger got one. Nice to see. That one was the only one and that means that Jaromir Jagr didn't score a single goal in preseason.
That is compared to 5 for Bondra and 4 for Lang and Zubrus. Is that a concern? You would think that he would get at least one. Wouldn't you?

Either he's just taking it easy...or his attitude could be going south very quickly. I hope this doesn't turn ugly. Can't we just get a happy superstar?

Old
10-05-2003, 02:43 AM
ashaddcola

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
Either he's just taking it easy...or his attitude could be going south very quickly. I hope this doesn't turn ugly. Can't we just get a happy superstar?
Jagr treats all the workers within the locker room like peasants.......his taking 11 million and dogging it is telling the rest of us we are peasants.....

Old
10-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
From waht I hear, Jagr generally takes the preseason easy. Here's hoping he turns it on once the regular season starts.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:12 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I wanna see him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
From waht I hear, Jagr generally takes the preseason easy. Here's hoping he turns it on once the regular season starts.

Shut the critics and a lot of people on these boards up by putting up an MVP season.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:36 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Shut the critics and a lot of people on these boards up by putting up an MVP season.
Nothign I rather see, well other then Bondra winning the MVP.

Old
10-07-2003, 02:43 AM
PSUhockey34

Who cares if Jagr wasnt dominate during preseason...you already know what kind of player you have on your hands when it comes to him

I havent had the chance to see Semin play yet and i was wondering what kind of shot he has at winning the calder or being a top 3 rookie

Old
10-07-2003, 05:22 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3owner
Who cares if Jagr wasnt dominate during preseason...you already know what kind of player you have on your hands when it comes to him

I havent had the chance to see Semin play yet and i was wondering what kind of shot he has at winning the calder or being a top 3 rookie
I'd be very surprised if he was anywhere in the Calder race. But, if he's stuck on the top 2 lines for the whole season...who knows.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:35 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3owner

Dominant? I am not sure that is the question as much as answers to questions of his interest and state of mind. I am sure that most Caps fans are NOT sure what kind of player they have. He was a 100+ pt player before the Caps and a 78pt player for the Caps. Which player will show up this year? There were rumors that he was on the trade block. He knows that. Is he excited about this season? 0 goals and 5 assists in the preseason is not an indication of anything good or bad. On the other hand Bondra's 5 goals and 4 assists shows that his head is definately in the game. Jagr's preseason says nothing at all about what his season will be like, but it doesn't answer any questions either.
That's my point.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:40 AM
txpd

Quote:
I'd be very surprised if he was anywhere in the Calder race. But, if he's stuck on the top 2 lines for the whole season...who knows.
Based on preseason play there are 3 young guys that I can think of that have had an impact in each of the games they have payed.
Staal 7g's for Carolina
Fluery in Pittsburgh
Semin 5 pts for Washington

I think if Zubrus has a big season, I think you will find Semin does as well. The amount of PP time he gets will be key to how many points he produces.

Closed Thread