HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gamache

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
trojan4

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trojan4
Gamache

Is he going to play next year and what kind ofimpact do you think he can make?

Old
09-04-2005, 04:32 PM
MBJets

Ithink given a true chance to do what he does best that is generate offence. He could be another Steve Sullivan but a team has to give him a chance not said him down he needs a look of at least 40 to 60 games. Will the Preds do that I don't know, St louis and Sullivan both took a while to come along because until they have a fair shot you will never know. My guess is if he gin=ven 40 to 60 games he won't look back in 5 season 70 pts.

Old
09-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Pred303

i truly think gamache could make an impact....that is IF he could get time on an offensive oriented line....the problem with the predator situation is there's no room on any of the top three lines to give a young wing a shot...(kariya-walker, erat-sullivan, hartnell-hall, and then guys like upshall-shishkanov-radulov pushing down the road).. that's the problem gamache faces with the preds,numbers and therefore an opportunity to show what he can do

Old
09-04-2005, 08:08 PM
dulzhok

The only real chance I'll think he'll get on a scoringline is if Trotz decides to put him at center. I'd give him a shot there. His game is more suited for the center position, IMO.

Old
09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
The only real chance I'll think he'll get on a scoringline is if Trotz decides to put him at center. I'd give him a shot there. His game is more suited for the center position, IMO.

He would have a hard time with the defensive aspect of what Trotz expects from his centers. Also we have too many small guys already, we don't need to get any smaller.

Old
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I really wish we could turn this guy into a center. He may not have the size we want in our much-needed center, but has some play-making ability and is no hack on defense. It would allow him to get more playing time, and help us fill a void. But, when you toy with someones position, it could totally throw him out of wack. I'd still like to somehow get him in the lineup, somewhere in the top three lines for sure, if not top two at one point or another.

Old
09-05-2005, 01:19 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

would you want him trying to defended Robert Lang?

Old
09-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Pred303

announced in the local paper this morning that gamache,smithson and fiddler had all renogiatated their minor league contract figures of their contracts down to 75K... of course this gives them the ability to be called up and not have to clear waivers under the new waiver "call-up" rules

Old
09-05-2005, 10:03 AM
austinator0042

I am relatively new to Hockey and dont reconize the Gomache name, who is this guy and what makes him special.

Old
09-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
would you want him trying to defended Robert Lang?
Any less than I would Greg Johnson? But that is why I made the comment afterwards saying that he is a little small for that role.

Old
09-05-2005, 02:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinator0042
I am relatively new to Hockey and dont reconize the Gomache name, who is this guy and what makes him special.

He's one of our prospects. Lead our minor league team in scoring last year and was top 5 in the minors for scoring as well. Only knock on him is that he's small and slow.

Old
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
austinator0042

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
He's one of our prospects. Lead our minor league team in scoring last year and was top 5 in the minors for scoring as well. Only knock on him is that he's small and slow.
Then dont hate, if he can play,then let him play.

Old
09-07-2005, 06:26 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

I agree. Give him a shot... if there proves to be no room for him trade the guy (like Calgary did with Martin St. Louis) so at least he gets his chance. He's got nothing else to prove in the AHL.

Maybe the Blues would be interested as they have next to no scoring behing Tkachuk and Weight as well as no room under the cap for a proven scorer. A conditional pick is fair IMO.

Old
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
I agree. Give him a shot... if there proves to be no room for him trade the guy (like Calgary did with Martin St. Louis) so at least he gets his chance. He's got nothing else to prove in the AHL.

Maybe the Blues would be interested as they have next to no scoring behing Tkachuk and Weight as well as no room under the cap for a proven scorer. A conditional pick is fair IMO.

"here you go, division rival that we could be competing with for a playoff spot. give us a no-risk draft pick, and you might be rewarded with a dynamic scorer that could help push you over the edge!"

proooobably not.

Old
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Pred303

depth is never a bad thing...

Closed Thread