HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Red Wings interested in Keith Yandle or Tyler Myers

Old
06-26-2014, 09:48 PM
wings95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
They have all ready said this years first is not being traded! I think we stand pat and see what the kids on the back end can do! It's not like getting a #2 rhs d man is going to take us any where next year anyway. Sorry if it where up to me keep all the kids.
I agree with you.

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 09:50 PM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
I mean, if all those pieces are more valuable to you than Tyler Myers, we may have nothing in common but Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Me personally i would trade Nyquist for a young top two right handed d man. I would also include a third or a lower level prospect like Frk. Holland does not make many big trades. So we shall see.

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:05 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw02 View Post
How is Myers even comparable to Yandle? Myers has barely put up 50 points in the last three years combined. Yandle has 126 points in that same time.

Seriously want nothing to do with Myers. Sabres fans are nuts with trade demands for him....you aren't getting multiple good young players/top prospects and 1st rounds picks for Tyler Myers. If he really was that valuable he would be a great building block for Buffalo moving forward and Murray wouldn't be trying to move him. The return will probably be more like a 1st and a prospect...and maybe another small plus...that's a lot more realistic for a player of Myers' production level.
First off, Tim Murray has never once stated that he was trying to move Myers. He merely said that no one is untouchable for the right price, and that price is going to be steep for Myers, rest assured.

Secondly, I agree with your return estimation, a 1st and a prospect, and perhaps another piece, in normal circumstances. But I also believe Buffalo is willing to eat salary as well. Could be something to consider for some teams.

Third, I didn't see the Yandle comparison, but I agree with you once again, Myers is not Yandle. But take a look at Yandle's career, his first 2.5 seasons were serious growing pains and it wasn't until his 4th season, when Phoenix added some help both offensively and defensively that he was truly able to thrive. Prior to that the Coyotes were in a similiar situation to the Sabres over all, not as bad, but once again, Yandle hasn't gone nearly through what Myers has with regards to a roster tear down. Playing in that environment is going to hurt just about any young players play over all in that time period. In short, Yandle has never in his professional career truly faced the adversity Myers has had to, especially at that young age. The jury is still out on Myers, for now...............

And fourth, I don't believe TM will move Myers for anything short of massive over payment. He's most likely going to move Ehrhoff however. The reasoning is sound common sense, Ehrhoff didn't sign on for what has happened in Buffalo and he's even expressed that sentiment publicly to an extent. Myers is still plenty young enough to be a huge part of this rebuild and most likely will be the Journeyman D man for Buffalo for years to come.

Just because the Red Wings expressed interest in Myers doesn't mean he's getting moved, but let's not go over board and try to narrow the scope of the kids achievements to date, the situational awareness regarding the circumstances surrounding his stumble for a couple seasons, one a shortened one and his potential ceiling that can still be achieved.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:20 PM
BamaWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I'd want Smith, Tatar, 2014 1st, 2015 1st

For

Myers, 31st overall, 49th overall

Buffalo gets more ammo in 2015, a trade up for another 2014 1st, a LWer, and a LH'd d-man to step into their top 4.
Detroit gets screwed

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Zetterbergs Beard
Red Wins fan

I'd keep Nyquist and Mantha over Myers. I'd offer some combination of Jurco, Sheahan, Smith, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Tatar, Pulkkinen and picks. But Nyquist and Mantha are both worth more than Myers straight-up.

Zetterbergs Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:33 PM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post
Probably Yandle for 1st 2014, Mantha and Jurco.
lol. WHAT. I like Yandle a lot but that's ridiculous.

obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:44 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterbergs Beard View Post
I'd keep Nyquist and Mantha over Myers. I'd offer some combination of Jurco, Sheahan, Smith, Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, Tatar, Pulkkinen and picks. But Nyquist and Mantha are both worth more than Myers straight-up.
Na.

Mantha worth more then Myers straight up? In what world? And that's funny about Nyquist, so because Nyquist puts up 48 points at age 24 he is worth more then Myers? Myers also put up 48 points before. The difference was is that Myers is a DMan and not a forward, Myers was 19 and not 24 like Nyquist was, and also Myers was a rookie when he did it and not in his 3rd season. Oh yeah, Tyler Myers also won the Calder Trophy as a 19/20 year old defenseman. Yes I am aware Nyquist only played 57 games this past season but he needs to have more then 1 productive season before you anoint him as the next star player. He turns 25 before the season starts and has less then 100 career games played. Myers is 5 months younger then Nyquist and has 221 more games played. Nyquist needs to put up another good season because last year was very flukey. He put up his goals in bunches. Let's see him do it for a whole 82 game season and maybe do it more then just one year eh? He had 5 goals his first 23 games and then 23 goals in the next 34 games. That is extremely streaky and he needs to be a lot more consistent and actually do it more then one season before you throw around statements like him being worth more then a 6'8 24 year old top pairing dman.

And seriously gotta love how Mantha with his whopping 0 career NHL games is already worth more then a Calder winning 24 year old top pairing dman

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 10:52 PM
BStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Na.

Mantha worth more then Myers straight up? In what world? And that's funny about Nyquist, so because Nyquist puts up 48 points at age 24 he is worth more then Myers? Myers also put up 48 points before. The difference was is that Myers is a DMan and not a forward, Myers was 19 and not 24 like Nyquist was, and also Myers was a rookie when he did it and not in his 3rd season. Oh yeah, Tyler Myers also won the Calder Trophy as a 19/20 year old defenseman. Yes I am aware Nyquist only played 57 games this past season but he needs to have more then 1 productive season before you anoint him as the next star player. He turns 25 before the season starts and has less then 100 career games played. Myers is 5 months younger then Nyquist and has 221 more games played. Nyquist needs to put up another good season because last year was very flukey. He put up his goals in bunches. Let's see him do it for a whole 82 game season and maybe do it more then just one year eh?

And seriously gotta love how Mantha with his whopping 0 career NHL games is already worth more then a Calder winning 24 year old top pairing dman
Why does everyone bring up season production from years ago? Myers hasn't posted those numbers since in fact it has gone down every year since. Yes, Nyquist has really only played a limited amount of games but that isn't due to him being unable to do so. That is the way Ken Holland runs Mo-Town and Nyquist has played great at every level he has been and plays a great 200ft game. Mantha being worth more than Myers is debatable but our head office already said he was a no go.

BStinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
XX
He's a good guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
lol. WHAT. I like Yandle a lot but that's ridiculous.
Fans here are very dearly attached to futures and underrate current performers. The combined assets coming from Detroit in that trade have scored 15 NHL points.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Zetterbergs Beard
Red Wins fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Myers also put up 48 points before. The difference was is that Myers is a DMan and not a forward, Myers was 19 and not 24 like Nyquist was, and also Myers was a rookie when he did it and not in his 3rd season. Oh yeah, Tyler Myers also won the Calder Trophy as a 19/20 year old defenseman. Yes I am aware Nyquist only played 57 games this past season but he needs to have more then 1 productive season before you anoint him as the next star player. He turns 25 before the season starts and has less then 100 career games played. Myers is 5 months younger then Nyquist and has 221 more games played.
Different systems. Myers has regressed horribly in the last 3 years. He was good... 4 or 5 years ago. Then the Sabres developed him.

Quote:
Nyquist needs to put up another good season because last year was very flukey. He put up his goals in bunches. Let's see him do it for a whole 82 game season and maybe do it more then just one year eh? He had 5 goals his first 23 games and then 23 goals in the next 34 games. That is extremely streaky and he needs to be a lot more consistent and actually do it more then one season before you throw around statements like him being worth more then a 6'8 24 year old top pairing dman.
I have to address this separately. Nyquist may be inexperienced and streaky, but Myers was pretty consistently bad 2-3 years ago. A healthy scratch? In Buffalo? Seriously? That's more relevant right now than his 48 points and Calder trophy 5 years ago. Nyquist didn't get a full season in this year because Holland screwed up. Myers was scratched because he screwed up.

Myers, a top pairing dman? Not now he's not. He's about as much of a top pairing dman as Nyquist is 1st-line forward.

Old
06-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
I would think Tatar + Sproul + 15th overall might do the job.
I'd bet on Jurco being in any deal for a guy like Yandle. As for Myers?? Who knows really. I'm not sure the Sabres know what he's worth anymore. I would bet a couple dollars though , if Myers was moved to Detroit, he'd all of a sudden become that beast everyone expected.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 12:03 AM
thesensguy

No way in hell Nyquist is traded with Myers. That kid will be a star. Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen/XXX will be a dominant line next year, book it! Nyquist outplayed Crosby for a month this year, while Myers has horribly regressed. Sabres fans stop denying it, he was better in the juniors then he has been the past 2 years.

thesensguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Zetterbergs Beard
Red Wins fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesensguy View Post
No way in hell Nyquist is traded with Myers. That kid will be a star. Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen/XXX will be a dominant line next year, book it! Nyquist outplayed Crosby for a month this year, while Myers has horribly regressed. Sabres fans stop denying it, he was better in the juniors then he has been the past 2 years.
To be fair, Nyquist was only a star for about 35 games in the NHL. Myers was a star for pretty much 2 years. However, their career trajectories have been going in opposite directions the last 3 years.

Old
06-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
Holland has said he won't trade any of the kids.
No he hasn't said that. He said he won't trade kids for something like a 32-year-old defenceman.

Myers and Yandle would fit to our re-tooling plans.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 12:57 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

All this Sabre discussion while Don Maloney's on the phone with Holland finalizing Yandle +2nd 2014 (originally Chicago's pick) for Tatar, Jurco and Wings 1st in 2015.

Good deal for both teams.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 01:09 AM
jvirk

Myers isn't getting traded

jvirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 01:19 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
You don't move Smith. Not now, when he's finally coming into his own and he's currently a better player than Myers. You also don't create an opening by filling one.

You're looking at forwards anyway with Buffalo. Probably wingers. If I'm buffalo, I start with Jurco. He and Mantha are probably the two likeliest to be big time players in the league. When Jurco starting dipping his shoulder into would be hitters mid way through last season, you just seen one more attribute that compares to Hossa. There's very few guys who have the size, speed and skill at 21 than a Jurco. The sky really is the limit with him.

Old
06-27-2014, 01:25 AM
static80

Myers was bad for only 1 season and the shortened lockout season. Last season it was more than obvious he had rebounded.

Once again, many on here sell Myers short and don't consider the circumstances here in Buffalo with the tear down and rebuild.

He'll be fine now that his confidence is back. A solid #2 puck moving d man with a hell of a rush up ice, shot and he's started to use his body now that it's filling out nicely. Buffalo isn't trading him, Detroit can ask, but it's not going to happen without a very good return.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 01:25 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
You don't move Smith. Not now, when he's finally coming into his own and he's currently a better player than Myers. You also don't create an opening by filling one.

You're looking at forwards anyway with Buffalo. Probably wingers. If I'm buffalo, I start with Jurco. He and Mantha are probably the two likeliest to be big time players in the league. When Jurco starting dipping his shoulder into would be hitters mid way through last season, you just seen one more attribute that compares to Hossa. There's very few guys who have the size, speed and skill at 21 than a Jurco. The sky really is the limit with him.
My god.

No.

06-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
I forget if it was a scout or an opposing coach who said that when Sproul winds up for a slap shot there are only 3 possibilities, he scores, someone gets hurt or a pane of glass gets broken.
Ah yes, the Happy Gilmore.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 01:45 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
My god.

No.
It's absolute at this point. If you watched both players this past season, there's little doubt. Myers has a lot to prove and has the talent to do so but I'd suggest going and watching tapes of the Wings last 20 games and their first round series vs Boston and then come back and offer one game Myers has ever played as well as Smith played in those playoff games.

That said, there's still plenty of time for Myers to do so. As is though, if you're going into a playoff series tomorrow, Smith would get the ice time.

Old
06-27-2014, 05:02 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
It's absolute at this point. If you watched both players this past season, there's little doubt. Myers has a lot to prove and has the talent to do so but I'd suggest going and watching tapes of the Wings last 20 games and their first round series vs Boston and then come back and offer one game Myers has ever played as well as Smith played in those playoff games.

That said, there's still plenty of time for Myers to do so. As is though, if you're going into a playoff series tomorrow, Smith would get the ice time.
You have no idea what your talking about. I am totally indifferent if they trade Myers or not but I can assure you there's been multiple games where Myers is the best player on the ice for either team (by a mile). Dominating everyone, hitting, scoring, skating... Everything. His problem is he then proceeds to go full derp for the next 5 games.

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 05:21 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
To be fair, Nyquist was only a star for about 35 games in the NHL. Myers was a star for pretty much 2 years. However, their career trajectories have been going in opposite directions the last 3 years.
To be fair, that isn't true.

Myers had a great rookie year

Then had a bad start to his sophmore, but rebounded later in the season.

Struggled during lockout shortened season (just signed a big contract, etc)

Struggled a little early, but IMHO fixed alot of his defensive flaws. Offensively he wasn't as good as his rookie year (nobody on the team was good offensively), but his defensive game grew alot.

I expect him to have "Put it all together" year next year. I don't really see the urgency to trade Myers at all, which is why IF they did, I would expect a very big return. He's on the cusp of going from good to great IMHO.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 05:24 AM
TSA0402

Detroit isnt interested in Edler anymore, or does it just go without saying at this point?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 06:21 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Detroit isnt interested in Edler anymore, or does it just go without saying at this point?
I think it's more that Edler is believed to be off the market.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote