HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs trim Roster to 23

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Avs trim Roster to 23

According to the the Avs website, and ESPN.com, the Avs have trimed their roster down to 23, and the odd man out is D.J. Smith. I'm a little shocked by this, since it means one of two things. Either McCormick(or maybe Svatos, but more likely McCormick) will be scratched for a lot of games when there is a healthy roster, or he takes the spot from one of the fowards on the bottom two lines, which I wouldn't understand the reasoning for. I just don't see how he can take a spot over Hahl, Worrell, Hinote, Battaglia, Nikolishin, or even Svatos. Now maybe there's another factor here that I just don't know about yet, and that could be Worrell being out for a couple games, with his bum knee. Then this would make a little more sense. But still I think Cummins would be a better replacement at foward, when Worrell is out anyway. Oh well, just my two cents. It's not really that big of a deal, I just hope we don't stunt the developement, of a potentially good foward for us by sitting him in the press box.

Old
10-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Disregard this post. They already have another post with other replies to it, that wasn't up when I wrote this one.

Closed Thread