HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 1st Round Pick (#11 Overall) - Center - Kevin Fiala - (Signed ELC)

Old
07-21-2014, 03:51 PM
doug88

vCash: 365
It has nothing to do with Milwaukee or Nashville, that's the same thing to him because as much as I like the States, I don't know what the hell I'd do in either Milwaukee or Nashville. He wants a one-way contract because he feels like he's wasting his time in Milwaukee as he could play in a better league in Switzerland, make more money and have a way better quality of life. That's it.

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
It has nothing to do with Milwaukee or Nashville, that's the same thing to him because as much as I like the States, I don't know what the hell I'd do in either Milwaukee or Nashville. He wants a one-way contract because he feels like he's wasting his time in Milwaukee as he could play in a better league in Switzerland, make more money and have a way better quality of life. That's it.

Yeah the article said Moser would be making $70K if in Milwaukee since Poile offered him league minimum, which is where he'd be. I'm sure he can get a better deal than that back home.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:34 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't see the correlation between the size of the population.
Milwaukee and Nashville are similar sized cities. If Milwaukee is too small or has insufficient diversity or activities, he will probably think the same thing about Nashville. If Moser doesn't really like it here, other than being at the AAA level, he won't like Nashville either. They have Opryland, we have ethnic festivals...

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Privy
#ShutUpStu

It's all about the money. If he's not in Nashville making NHL money, then he might as well be home making more than he would in Milwaukee. It's not a dig at either city.

Privy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
There is plenty to do in both cities. They are both flatter. Try Wikipedia.

I have never been to Geneva. I assume that it is similar to Vienna (where I have been), but smaller, with banking, skiing, the UN, the Red Cross and views of the lake and Mt Blanc. It is one of the five most expensive cities in the world, so he will need a big pay boost. The photos that I have seen are very pretty.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 06:04 PM
doug88

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
There is plenty to do in both cities. They are both flatter. Try Wikipedia.

I have never been to Geneva. I assume that it is similar to Vienna (where I have been), but smaller, with banking, skiing, the UN, the Red Cross and views of the lake and Mt Blanc. It is one of the five most expensive cities in the world, so he will need a big pay boost. The photos that I have seen are very pretty.
It's not really like Vienna but it's an European city so it looks the same to you as a NA. Anyway, when he comes back to Switzerland I highly doubt I'll come to Geneva.. He'll most likely play for Bern or Zurich or at least a team that has money to offer, which Geneva doesn't.

Old
07-21-2014, 06:47 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Can we stop talking about Moser

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2014, 07:58 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Agreed. There are a number of threads for the discussion of Moser to continue in. Let's keep on topic, please.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Preds33

NHL.com article on Fiala

Predators' Fiala part of upward trend in Swiss talent
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Last edited by Preds33: 07-24-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old
08-02-2014, 07:22 PM
van22

His Swedish team HV71 published this clip a few days ago with the comment that Fiala and others are testing the ice ahead of (now this past) Thursday's ice opening. It's really not worth a click but it does suggest that he will start with them - also he is on their 2014/15 roster: http://instagram.com/p/q_YBwzrwbp/

His team will start in the Champions League against the Kloten Flyers (from Zurich, Switzerland) on the 22nd of August. ONE World Sports has the broadcasting rights for the US.

van22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by van22 View Post
His Swedish team HV71 published this clip a few days ago with the comment that Fiala and others are testing the ice ahead of (now this past) Thursday's ice opening. It's really not worth a click but it does suggest that he will start with them - also he is on their 2014/15 roster: http://instagram.com/p/q_YBwzrwbp/

His team will start in the Champions League against the Kloten Flyers (from Zurich, Switzerland) on the 22nd of August. ONE World Sports has the broadcasting rights for the US.

This means he will not be here for training camp then right?

Old
08-02-2014, 08:14 PM
van22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
This means he will not be here for training camp then right?
I think he will be at training camp - he will just miss a few games. His contract is now with the Predators (he is on loan to HV71) which should allow them to have a say in his scheduling.

van22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 05:07 AM
doug88

He'll start the season in the Swedish league anyway.

Old
08-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Tapp

Here’s a link to a nice article (in Swedish) from July 29 in which Fiala talks about his upcoming plans.

http://www.jnytt.se/det-var-den-bast...-hela-mitt-liv

He said he will train in Jönköping with HV71 for about three weeks. Then he will go to Los Angeles and train for 10 days before coming to Nashville for training camp. If he makes the team, obviously, he will stay here. If not, he will return to HV71 for the season.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:05 AM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
Here’s a link to a nice article (in Swedish) from July 29 in which Fiala talks about his upcoming plans.

http://www.jnytt.se/det-var-den-bast...-hela-mitt-liv

He said he will train in Jönköping with HV71 for about three weeks. Then he will go to Los Angeles and train for 10 days before coming to Nashville for training camp. If he makes the team, obviously, he will stay here. If not, he will return to HV71 for the season.
LA? Interesting.. Wonder why thats the city he is training in.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Has Fiala played in any tournament games? If so, how has he looked?

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 05:16 PM
RomanEmpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post

Just finished up the rookie tournament today. A lot if Nashville media said he was "one of, if not the best player there" raving about his explosiveness & dynamic skillset.

Quote:
Kevin Fiala could see NHL ice quicker than the majority of other prospects for the Nashville Predators. With his overall quality of play during this rookie tournament and what we could see out of him this season in Milwaukee, Fiala’s road through Milwaukee could ultimately be just a pit stop.
From the predatorial.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 05:22 PM
tuxfile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
He looked very, very good. Very quick, skilled, not intimidated by the physical play.

tuxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 05:33 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Just finished up the rookie tournament today. A lot if Nashville media said he was "one of, if not the best player there" raving about his explosiveness & dynamic skillset.

From the predatorial.
Thing is, if he doesn't make the team (which, honestly, I want him to) he will be back in the SHL for the year. Fiala said it himself

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 06:08 PM
RomanEmpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
Thing is, if he doesn't make the team (which, honestly, I want him to) he will be back in the SHL for the year. Fiala said it himself

Yup I read that. Was wondering why the predatorial still said Milwaukee. Maybe it was a day or two old.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Yup I read that. Was wondering why the predatorial still said Milwaukee. Maybe it was a day or two old.
Maybe because Poile has told him he will be first on the list for a call up if he goes.

Old
09-22-2014, 03:00 PM
citygoogs

Watched him play in the team scrimmage Sunday. He was the best player on the ice. Granted, there were only 3 full time NHLers on the scrimmage roster, but his size was not a factor. His elusiveness kept him from getting checked, and if he lost the puck, he out-muscled the defender to get it back. He split the entire team on one play, broke in alone, and deked Mazanec out of his pants for the goal. The kid is going to be a star. He plays a similar game to Patrick Kane, and I don't use that comparison lightly.

citygoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygoogs View Post
Watched him play in the team scrimmage Sunday. He was the best player on the ice. Granted, there were only 3 full time NHLers on the scrimmage roster, but his size was not a factor. His elusiveness kept him from getting checked, and if he lost the puck, he out-muscled the defender to get it back. He split the entire team on one play, broke in alone, and deked Mazanec out of his pants for the goal. The kid is going to be a star. He plays a similar game to Patrick Kane, and I don't use that comparison lightly.
That is great news! I watched him closely when he was on the ice Friday and was happy with the way he played. Cullen was by his side leading him through the drills and Kevin stuck by his side the entire time. It really is good to have solid veterans to help new kids out.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2014, 08:52 PM
hockey diva

Cullen has played for Lavy so he knows the drills which is a plus. Good to him take advantage of Cullen's experience.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2014, 01:11 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Love hearing news this positive about a draft pick for once.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote