HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2014 NHL Entry Draft: Rounds 3-7

Old
06-28-2014, 01:03 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyr View Post
Hopefully the new draft system won't let them win the lottery next year. It's pretty shameless how they've gutted their team.
Well, it's not like they had a choice. The team is bottom3 with or without the players they traded this year, and the likelyhood of any of them re-signing with a team going through a rebuild (and will continue to do so for at least the next 2 years) isn't likely.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Crossbar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Since no one else is going to be honest and admit they have no idea what they're talking about. I'll go ahead and do that..

The first pick seems to be very promising. And as far as the other picks go, I really wouldn't know if they're good or bad. The draft was exciting. Let's move forwaard to free agency and have some more nervous moments as fans during the offseason.
Amen! Chances are the majority of the players past the 2nd round league-wide aren't going to turn into much, so it's not worth being upset over.....on to free agency!

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyr View Post
Hopefully the new draft system won't let them win the lottery next year. It's pretty shameless how they've gutted their team.
As a Panthers fan, I hope it won't let them win. But that would suck for them lol.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Android 16

"They're gonna be scary"

Gets said way WAY too much. And it usually means the exact opposite.

Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UKPanther

Goalie: 6 foot 6 and Swedish!

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kellyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdaloop123 View Post
Just popping in to say people shouldn't be too upset about Jayce Hawryluk at No. 32. Led the Weat Kings in scoring last year and had an insane plus/minus compared to his teammates. I've made the rounds and talked to some media, other teams and some guys that cover the WHL and they say he's the real deal. Not a stretch pick by any means.

Thanks for the info, good to hear!

Kellyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
"They're gonna be scary"

Gets said way WAY too much. And it usually means the exact opposite.
Yeah but its true for them. Look at what they have in their system and what they'll be adding next year. Unbelievable.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUIS View Post
Viola is wasting money on a scouting department. Tallon should just draft based on TSN and ISS lists.
This.

Old
06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Should have taken Barbashev, Sorokin, Kahkonen, Audette and then...

Not pleased at all !!!

I like the Lammikko pick, he'll live with this pick it has good upside and is a nice gamble, but we should have went goalie in the 4th round and Barbashev in 2nd... Audette too... And I like the Hawryluk pick but still... Add Tkachev to the list of guys we should have taken...

Really a bad bad second day by Dale and Luce, we add the opportunity to take offensive talents and just chose the character-type !

Disappointed !!!

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah but its true for them. Look at what they have in their system and what they'll be adding next year. Unbelievable.
They have good prospects and put themselves in a position to compete for a playoff spot each season. I think "unbelievable" is the wrong word for them. I'd use "unbelievable" to describe what Dale did in Chicago and what Dean Lombardi is doing in LA.

Old
06-28-2014, 01:11 PM
spacemanatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I didn't like the DeAngelo pick for Tampa, but they have picked some good D as the draft went on.

Buffalo had 3 second rounders and I like all those picks. And they'll probably get two top 5 picks next year. They're gonna be scary.
i like that pick alot acually. yzerman will teach that kid a thing or two bout how to behave

spacemanatee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Android 16

Quote:
I like the Lammikko pick, he'll live with this pick it has good upside and is a nice gamble, but we should have went goalie in the 4th round and Barbashev in 2nd... Audette too... And I like the Hawryluk pick but still... Add Tkachev to the list of guys we should have taken...

Really a bad bad second day by Dale and Luce, we add the opportunity to take offensive talents and just chose the character-type !

Disappointed !!!
Because we're so short on offensively talented prospects..

Old
06-28-2014, 01:13 PM
BigNickBjugstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDeltaFixer View Post
It feels like its the first draft for a lot of people here. Do you expect us to pick a Crosby in the 5th round? The negativity here is out of control. Our drafting was fine, no team expects any pick past the 3rd round to be anything special. If they are, you consider yourself lucky.
Nope. Just Datsyuk....

BigNickBjugstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:20 PM
RCDeltaFixer

Overall, I'm please with this draft. We got a potential franchise Dman, and focused on a huge organizational need: wingers. We have plenty of defensive prospects, we're overflowing with centers, I'm really happy with the way we drafted.

RCDeltaFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:21 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Viola is wasting money on a scouting department. Tallon should just draft based on TSN and ISS lists.
So much this. I wouldn't want our team to just draft players based on where they are ranked on 5 different lists, but instead on how they fit into our team dynamic and where they can help.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:22 PM
PanthersFanatic12

6th round we draft , a goalie from sweden 6'6 203 pounds hugo fagerblom http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=146833

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:22 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdaloop123 View Post
Just popping in to say people shouldn't be too upset about Jayce Hawryluk at No. 32. Led the Wheat Kings in scoring last year and had an insane plus/minus compared to his teammates. I've made the rounds and talked to some media, other teams and some guys that cover the WHL and they say he's the real deal. Not a stretch pick by any means.

As for Wegwerth he's committed to Notre Dame, but will play in the USHL next season w/ Green Bay. Thinks it's best for his development and will get more playing time for now. The dude is massive.

As for Lammikko, he's not a sure thing, but his stats don't do him justice. There's a lot of love for him here as far as his potential goes. He's never talked to Barkov, but he knows Bergy and Sasha are on the team. He doesn't speak much english at all.
Appreciate the work and updates you and Paige have been providing via Twitter. Now go interview Scrappy McGrit

Old
06-28-2014, 01:33 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
6th round we draft , a goalie from sweden 6'6 203 pounds hugo fagerblom http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=146833

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Android 16

lol.

Last edited by Android 16: 06-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old
06-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Because Scott Luce has the best track record ever, right?

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:49 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:

Disappointed !!!
Are you serious?

You probably haven't even seen the majority of prospects drafted today. Luce and Tallon have less decision on the later rounds ... much of their information and sourcing comes from regional scouts and their recommendation. Tallon has absolutely no impact on late rounds picks.

I mean, you guys whine and moan because we didn't take the highly rated player who fell (Karlsson fell for a reason, he doesn't have much perceived upside), but the players we did take are entirely unknown quanties to nearly all of us.

If you've seen the players in question enough and can actually analysis hockey players to a sufficient level, then go ahead, have any educated opinion, but you don't, because no one on this board has seen nearly any of these later round players play.

I heard Pronman recently say that a scouting unit is almost impossible to accurately assess and i agree. Scouting has a large amount of luck involved, from draft board variation (getting the players you want), to development, to scout turnover (which successful pick was the result of which scout(s), to simple variation (even the best scouts miss).

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Are you serious?

You probably haven't even seen the majority of prospects drafted today. Luce and Tallon have less decision on the later rounds ... much of their information and sourcing comes from regional scouts and their recommendation. Tallon has absolutely no impact on late rounds picks.

I mean, you guys whine and moan because we didn't take the highly rated player who fell (Karlsson fell for a reason, he doesn't have much perceived upside), but the players we did take are entirely unknown quanties to nearly all of us.

If you've seen the players in question enough and can actually analysis hockey players to a sufficient level, then go ahead, have any educated opinion, but you don't, because no one on this board has seen nearly any of these later round players play.

I heard Pronman recently say that a scouting unit is almost impossible to accurately assess and i agree. Scouting has a large amount of luck involved, from draft board variation (getting the players you want), to development, to scout turnover (which successful pick was the result of which scout(s), to simple variation (even the best scouts miss).
Completely agree. Basically..

Old
06-28-2014, 01:56 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Jameson Cooper Olive @JamesonCoop
#FlaPanthers Luce said that Hawryluk's agent said that Jayce was looking up condos because he was so excited about possibly going to FL

George Richards
@GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon said it was tough to make deals at this draft because GMs busy talking to pending free agents and talking

Old
06-28-2014, 01:58 PM
LUUUUUIS
Do the maths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
Because Scott Luce has the best track record ever, right?
We've had a top ranked prospect pool for the past several years.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:58 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Jameson Cooper Olive @JamesonCoop
The majority of the #FlaPanthers scouting staff have been together for 12 years and Luce said that Hawryluk was a top-10 all-time interview