HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 3 #87 - ANTON KARLSSON

Old
07-02-2014, 09:09 PM
EON 93
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
The Russian (American?) they drafted in the second round, what position does he play?
I see where he's played in the states - did his family relocate or did he just come over to play on the North American ice surface?
He's Russian, been playing in America. He plays "forward". That's all I can find on him. And he's a '95. Not expecting much from that pick. I'm assuming his family has not relocated, seeing as he was drafted as an import. If his family had relocated, or at least had relocated a few years ago, he could have applied to be considered an American player and could have been drafted in the OHL Draft.

Karlsson is the big get, assuming he signs (I expect him to).

EON 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2014, 08:45 AM
EON 93
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/UffeBodin/status/499528990659710976

Old
08-13-2014, 09:37 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Not a bad thing, I guess. But I was looking forward to seeing him play with kids his age on the smaller ice surface.

08-14-2014, 10:06 AM
zLiMbiLLY

SAIK is to me is what Detroit is to Coyotes, allthought SAIK is a great organization. One of the best in producing and conduct Swedish talent. Their lineup is fairly green (http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=22)
Also the club is estimated to be top contending for a another title next season.

This could do Anton good, but I hope he'll be moving overseas next year.

zLiMbiLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2014, 06:06 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLiMbiLLY View Post
SAIK is to me is what Detroit is to Coyotes, allthought SAIK is a great organization. One of the best in producing and conduct Swedish talent. Their lineup is fairly green (http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=22)
Also the club is estimated to be top contending for a another title next season.

This could do Anton good, but I hope he'll be moving overseas next year.
They've lost half their roster, they'll be lucky if they crack the top six this season.

And Skellefteå are good at getting players to the SHL, but their track record of developing players for NHL hockey isn't really all that good.

Disappointed in seeing Anton leaving Frölunda, but can see why he does it. He should have been the first guy to get a call up last season but they went with seniority over ability.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2014, 10:18 PM
EON 93
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karlsson is attending Coyotes main camp in September, perhaps Erie makes one last push there.

I understand wanting to stay home, close to family, and bringing in an actual salary, but I think the CHL is the far better development path for him. Hopefully he changes his mind (though I doubt it).