HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hayden Hawkey

Old
02-26-2017, 06:35 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
picked up the win last night, 1 g on 20 shots. His team will face UMass (one of the worst teams in the NCAA) in the first round of the playoffs on Friday night in a best of 3 (home-home-Road)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2017, 10:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Hawkey doesn't give up a goal in his first 2 NCAA playoff games. But now they have to go on the road vs Notre Dame next weekend. Sucks as they are on the bubble to make the Frozen Four, granted if they were to win it would likely put them in for sure (if they were to win the HE outright they get an auto bid)

Old
03-06-2017, 09:38 AM
walsy37

Montreal - thanks for the update. I am a Friars alum and can say that when Hayden turned it around, the entire Friars season turned around; and what a turn around it has been! Hayden has looked much more comfortable since 2017 started. PC is on the bubble but is ranked 10th. They should (no guarantee) get in even if they lose to ND - but we'll see.
Now, an important question. How many NCAA goalies have made any minimal impact in the NHL. By minimal, I mean won 75 games over their career. We have Montoya who is at around 65 for his career but not many others that I can think of. NCAA goalies don't see much success, I can only think of 2 that had real success (Belfour and CuJo). Today Talbot, Schneider (add him to the 75 list) and Helleybuck are starters that played college hockey. Why is it that NCAA goalies generally don't see the success levels that their juniors brethren do?

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2017, 10:01 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Montreal - thanks for the update. I am a Friars alum and can say that when Hayden turned it around, the entire Friars season turned around; and what a turn around it has been! Hayden has looked much more comfortable since 2017 started. PC is on the bubble but is ranked 10th. They should (no guarantee) get in even if they lose to ND - but we'll see.
Now, an important question. How many NCAA goalies have made any minimal impact in the NHL. By minimal, I mean won 75 games over their career. We have Montoya who is at around 65 for his career but not many others that I can think of. NCAA goalies don't see much success, I can only think of 2 that had real success (Belfour and CuJo). Today Talbot, Schneider (add him to the 75 list) and Helleybuck are starters that played college hockey. Why is it that NCAA goalies generally don't see the success levels that their juniors brethren do?
Jonathan Quick? Ben Bishop?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2017, 11:34 AM
habsfan92

Ryan Miller.

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2017, 11:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Ken Dryden at Cornell was likely the best to come out of the NCAA, some others just going back from 2000,

Cory Schneider- BC
Ben Bishop- Maine
Jonathan Quick- UMass
Jimmy Howard- Maine
Rick DiPietro- BU
Al Montoya- Michigan
Brian Elliott- Wisconsin
Chad Johnson- Alaska
Cam Talbot- Alabama
Dan Ellis- UNO
Curtis McElhinney- CC
Connor Hellebuyck- UMass-Lowell

not a great list, seems like most come from Finland, Sweden or Canada. There's some FA's that might do something, Alex Lyon, Lindgren, Condon etc..

Old
03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
walsy37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Jonathan Quick? Ben Bishop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
Ryan Miller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Ken Dryden at Cornell was likely the best to come out of the NCAA, some others just going back from 2000,

Cory Schneider- BC
Ben Bishop- Maine
Jonathan Quick- UMass
Jimmy Howard- Maine
Rick DiPietro- BU

Al Montoya- Michigan
Brian Elliott- Wisconsin
Chad Johnson- Alaska
Cam Talbot- Alabama
Dan Ellis- UNO
Curtis McElhinney- CC

not a great list, seems like most come from Finland, Sweden or Canada. There's some FA's that might do something, Alex Lyon, Lindgren, Condon etc..
OK, so six goalies with a real impact and another 6 with some impact. Throw in another 6 that we all forgot. My question remains.

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 12:57 PM
De Montreal
help

is he good

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

Cory Schneider- BC
Ben Bishop- Maine
Jonathan Quick- UMass
Jimmy Howard- Maine
Rick DiPietro- BU
Al Montoya- Michigan
Brian Elliott- Wisconsin
Chad Johnson- Alaska
Cam Talbot- Alabama
Dan Ellis- UNO
Curtis McElhinney- CC

Its as good a list as any league in the world.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 03:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Montreal View Post
is he good
yes.

Old
05-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Stive Morgan
See you at the draft

vCash: 172
Quote:
yes.
Especially for a 6th rounder.

05-07-2017, 06:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Really looking forward to seeing how he does next year, he's got a good frame and handles the puck well, the Habs will have several years for him to work on things so it's going to be very interesting to see how it turns out.

Old
05-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Really looking forward to seeing how he does next year, he's got a good frame and handles the puck well, the Habs will have several years for him to work on things so it's going to be very interesting to see how it turns out.
I imagine he'll still be playing in Providence next year? I doubt he goes pro right now?

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 03:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I imagine he'll still be playing in Providence next year? I doubt he goes pro right now?
yes, maybe 2 years since there won't be any need to rush him, with McNiven turning pro but we'll see how next year goes. he's in such a good spot right now, as he coach rides his starter hard, meaning he could play 95% of his teams games each season while being in a very tough conference.